G'day all,

Just time to start the new thread.....

Will talk to you later today.

Cheers
Maria
Old 10-06-2003, 08:42 PM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: I would do some searching to.
With holes that small maybe its a sprinkler or Some kind of water thing? I dont know. But you didnt say it had anything to hook up to something.

Well I liked Chicago. Wasnt my all time favorite movie but it wasnt that bad.

Night all!
Old 10-06-2003, 09:20 PM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all: I want to share this that my DD sent to me. A good reason to get some new perfume.:

From my Paula Begoun's "The Beauty Bulletin" 09/25/03

According to a decade-long study by the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, men perceive women to be 10 to 12 pounds lighter than their actual weight when they wear floral-spicy perfume. Over 100 odors were tested, including pizza, butterscotch, cigarette smoke, and citrus fruits, but only the spicy-floral scents seemed to alter men's perception of a woman's weight (Source: Happi, May 2003, page 16). If you needed a new reason to shop for perfume, this could be it!

Ann
Old 10-06-2003, 11:38 PM   #4  

G'day all,

Wow Ann that is the sort of study I like

I had a lovely weekend, it was a long weekend for us and dh left for Sydney again this morning.
We did so much work in our front garden, it just looks lovely, now the plants just have to grow.....

Our ds and d-i-l were over for dinner last night and we played cards for a little while. All in all a nice ending to a good weekend.

No other news from this end of the world.

Cheers
Maria
Old 10-07-2003, 01:00 AM   #5  
Net browser

Hi Lily and all
I did try to do some investigating as to what the silver turtle could be but couldn't find anything. With a magnifing glass I was able to make out that it was made by Irvinware, in the US. It's such an odd object. The head/tail/legs are on a separate piece, sort of like the skelton of the turtle and attached to the bottom underneath the shell. Because of this "skelton" type thing on the bottom, whatever this thing is, only looks really nice right side up, with the shell on top. There are eight holes close together right on the top of the shell, then another 8 holes further down the shell and spaced further apart and finally the last roll of 8 holes near the bottom of the shell. I was wondering if maybe you could put cheese or something on toothpicks and stick them into the turtle shell, but it's not heavy and when you would go to take out a toothpick the whole thing sort of lifts up and besides it's really too small for appetizers. I have it sitting here by my computer. I wish my Aunt could remember something about it. I was wondering if maybe it had another part that got lost~~~~~~

It's a mystery. Night all.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:40 PM   #6  

G'day all,

Your turtle Slavika is becoming quite intrigueing. I wonder if an antique dealer would have any ideas??

I have booked in for an hour massage this morning I haven't been too bad with my aches and pains but the last few days have been quite bad again
Hopefully a soothing massage will make all the difference.

Many things are once again going on in our life, nothing definite yet but I doubt if I will see my tomato plants fruit or my window boxes bloom

Just in case.....I am busy getting some stuff done for people whilst I am still here.

I haven't seen Trudy or Marnie for a while, hope all is well.

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 10-07-2003, 09:42 PM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Slavika does it look like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

If so its a mixed drink strainer
I just did a search for Irvinware and it took me to ebay, when I saw that turtle I thought it had to be like yours

Maria: Oh wow a 1 hr massage. I need to do that again one of these days. I love them! Love that beautiful flower!

Ann: Good reason to buy some perfume

Yes where is all the missing?

Last edited by LilyG; 10-07-2003 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:25 PM   #8  

You are too good Lily, it certainly looks very much like the turtle Slavika is talking about.

The massage was wonderful, I have made another appointment for next Thursday

Cheers
Maria
Old 10-08-2003, 01:19 AM   #9  
Net browser

LILY I always suspected you were one SMART lady, but now I know for sure....YES that is absolutely the turtle, and you tracked it down. GOOD FOR YOU!
We were looking at the turtle and talking about at tea time again today, and we thought maybe a tea strainer but it is too big for that. Thanks Lily!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 07:04 AM   #10  

I see the mystery is solved. I was wondering if it was some kind of a strainer then our Lily found a picture. It sure is a conversation piece.

Slavika when we went to Home Depot last week to get the TSP we couldn't find it cause we were looking for a box. Seems it is in liquid form now too. That is what we used.

Maria love your flower. So pretty. I bet your garden is lovely now. Our trees are starting to turn color-it is looking like fall.

Marnie where are you?
Old 10-08-2003, 10:07 AM   #11  
Life Time 2001

Glad I solved the mystery! Sure is a cute turtle. But I never heard of a mixed drink strainer before
Old 10-08-2003, 10:09 AM   #12  

Lily you are good. I was thinking we were going to have to re-name our thread "The Mystery of The Turtle"

I was checking in every day to see if Slavika had found out what the little guy was used for. I even found myself thinking about it at odd times during the day

Maria the flower is beautiful.

Karen
Old 10-08-2003, 08:31 PM   #13  

G'day all,

Now that we have resolved Slavika's mystery something a bit more mundane.

I have all white linen and over the years some of it isn't quite white anymore . I have tried everything...this morning I tried some 'stuff' that is supposed to restore your whites to their former brillance. I have had a little success, the pillowslips have come up great but the towels have improved but no need for me to wear sunglasses when I walk in the bathroom!
Any of you have any suggestions other than to dye the lot navy blue?

Received a phone call from an employment agency this morning for a position as a 'personal assistant'. I had no idea I was still on the books.
I also have been asked to do some work for 'White Ladies Funerals'. There seems to be a trend to have photographs of the person that passed away at the funeral service.
I don't know if that is so on your side of the world, though I remember Trudy doing something similar when her mother passed away recently.
Then dh told me last night that he has been asked to be available to go to New Zealand, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumper
As I mentioned before, I doubt if I will be eating my home grown tomatoes.
He asked if I had a preference (not that that would make a difference) I told him that Adelaide looks pretty good to me!
Just wait and see again, who knows nothing might eventuate

As you can tell with my attached images, spring is definitly in the air here, the attached photo is one dh took in New Zealand earlier this year.

Have a great day all,

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 10-08-2003 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:22 PM   #14  
Life Time 2001

Maria: I say dye them Blue I have never been able to figure it out myself.
My hubby has been to both Hong Kong and Kuala Lumper. I havent. I would pick New Zealand Mostly cuz I havent been there either. But it sounds more fun.
Sides hubby says they leave the head on the shrimp in those other 2 places. Do they do that in Australia?
Cant eat things with thier eyes looking at me.
Beautiful Image

Last edited by LilyG; 10-09-2003 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:36 PM   #15  

G'day all,

I hate to tell you Lily but generally shrimps (or as we call them prawns) are served with the head on!
But don't let that stop you coming to Australia
I don't mind prawns but not as fond as my dh is. He loves nothing more than to just eat a pile of cooked prawns with pepper and salt and maybe some seafood sauce.
I hate the mess they make beheading and shelling them!!
Of course prawns in a curry or something like that are deveined etc. etc.
The most revolting thing is when the real prawn lovers don't remove the black vein at the back of the prawn, they call it 'nature's owny mayonnaise'

I have to agree navy blue is becoming very appealing for my linen

No further news as to where to next, dh will be in Sydney again next week. My choice would firstly be Adelaide but then Kuala Lumper mainly because I haven't been there.
DH also found out about something going on in Brazil, now THAT would be interesting. I would imagine someone from America would go there.
It is quite amazing, one minute we think we may not make it till Christmas and the next thing there could be quite a few opportunities. Never a dull moment.

I will email you on some advise I need for a job I have been asked to do. I won't bore everyone here with the details but hope you maybe of help.

Hello to everyone, I hope some of you get a chance to post sometime today.........

Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread