View Poll Results: Favourite kind of food?
American 2 7.14%
British 0 0%
Chinese 2 7.14%
French 0 0%
Greek 2 7.14%
Indian 1 3.57%
Italian 6 21.43%
Mexican 9 32.14%
Spanish 1 3.57%
Other 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2001, 06:12 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking

so who all got drunk on st paddy's day? i did a little bit, but not too bad cos i was really drunk on thursday night and the memory of how rubbish i felt on friday was still with me!
how are you all doing then? good weekend? i didn't get a chance to post friday cos the site was down most of the day (the uk day!).
tonight i'm going to go to yoga - it's going to be quite amusing finding out how not supple i am. ah well, things can only get better!
lots of work to do, but i'll see if i can post a poll. lori, you were wondering how to do it? basically click on the post a poll option when you start a thread and then wait for the screen to come up and then type it in.
have a good day,
kirsty
Old 03-19-2001, 08:42 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default Good morning all!

Kirsty, I got drunk too. I had 6 drinks from 2pm to 2am but didn't really have much to eat all day. But I did some really great things on saturday that I'm proud of. We went to this one bar and my friends started ordering food. I didn't order anything, but as soon as I heard them ordering nachos, I felt I was doomed for sure. I never have enough self control to pass up nachos that are sitting right in front of me.

BUT I DID! I had one dry nacho with no topppings, and then stopped. I wore my fav coat that finally started to fit again and it worked.

So thanks girls. I have a feeling that I was able to do what I did because I have so much supprt here.

THEN, when we got to the second bar, where we were going to be for the rest of the night, I kept drinking and was drunk, but then decided to druink a bottle of water between each drink. I had five bottles of water while I was there.

I weigh in today at lunch and can't wait to report to you guys. I'm expecting a loss!

Hope your St. Patrick's Days were good one!

Lisa
Old 03-19-2001, 09:36 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default from the couch to a 5k...

if anyone else wants to learn to run, this website has a pretty good beginner's program to follow. http://kicksports.com/new/couch.shtml
i've just finished week 1, so i'll let you know how it goes, so far it's been pretty easy (it takes things nice and slow which i like). i can't wait for week 9 when i'm able to run for 30 minutes! that'll be ace.

lisa - well done on avoiding the nachos! doesn't it feel good when we have the willpower to resist? big pat on the back to you!

where are the rest of you? come out and post! i'm being bad at munching today (blame TOM). i'm sure there is a limit to how many raisins a girl can eat....

kirsty
Old 03-19-2001, 09:44 AM   #4  
Parrothead

Default Monday Monday, la la la la la (Imagine Mamas and the Papas here)

Hi everyone! I'm doing better on the smoking thing. I think the zyban is helping. My official quit date is a week from this Friday, but I'm trying to cut down before then. I was a total loser and didn't do anything on st. pattys day. I also have 1/4 Irish in me so I feel like I let down my grandpa's heritage. I had drank way too much Thursday night at a company party, so I really didn't have the points. I love the favorite food poll! I can honestly say that there isn't one food group on the list that isn't a favorite. I guess that's why I'm on WW! . I've started to become more aware of how much I think about food. I know this is going to be a struggle the rest of my life, but I can handle it.

WAY TO GO LISA! For passing up the nachos. I don't know if I would have had that much strength (I love nachos). The water is a great idea. One of my slender beautiful friends taught me that trick. It also helps diminish the hangover.

Kim ~ good luck on the story. I like to hear stories about uplifting events.

Kirsty ~ Yoga sounds like fun. Maybe I'll sign up for a class once I learn how to dance like Brittney.

Hello everyone else! I start my job browsing today, so if any of ya'll know of something in Austin...let me know.
Old 03-19-2001, 09:52 AM   #5  

Hey Everyone! I got a little buzzed on St. Patty's Day and DEFINITELY went over my points but passed up a lot of bad foods as well...and I ran 5 miles so I hope it will all be a wash...but tonight my BF wants to celebrate a raise by taking me out to dinner-I must BE STRONG!!! Need to lose this week....
Lisa-Congratulations on the willpower-send a little my way for tonight please???
Kirsty-That's how I started running-I ran/walked for awhile and befroe I knew it I was running 3-5 miles every other day and actually enjoying it!!! I ran a 10K once...would like to do it again....running with a group is fun too, especially if they walk occasionally!!!

I was lame today and called in sick to work-have a touch of a stomach thing...hopefully I'll feel better later and more like running.....
Hope everyone is having a happy monday!Lori
Old 03-19-2001, 09:55 AM   #6  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default I will be OP this week

Hello all. Well, Kim, don't feel bad about not doing it up for St. Patrick's Day. I am an O'Shaughnessy and I just watched a movie with hubby. We were to go to two parties, but hubby ad just gotten back from a long business trip in CA, so we did not go out but watched Meet the Parents. I had seen before and think it is cute. It was new to hubby and he tought it was soooo funny. Maybe he is trying to tell me something about the first time he met my partens?!?!

Kirsty, your poll was really hard. I am guessing American food is like burgers, fries, fried chicken, corn bread, philly steak sandwiches, etc. Hey, maybe I should change my pick to that. But I am so about curry chicken righ now and that yummy indian flat bread. But when it comes down to it, I almost always pick Italian. Sounds like you had fun at your dres-up party. What kind of dress did you have? And is Yoga fun? I have never tried it but I might soon.

Kay: good job on teh smoking. That can be hard. I am glad you are looking for a new job. The tech field should be wide open. You will have no problem finding a great job that does not have MEAN MEN running the place.

Lisa: That is GREAT about the nachos. What will power! Also, good job on the water.

Ok, I will talk with you all soon.

trish
193.2/187/155
5'10"

Lori: we were posting at the same time. That is great how much you run. I think I will read Kirsty's running page and see about starting. I really want something that is more outside. Thank you Kirsty for posting that.

Last edited by Trish O; 03-19-2001 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-19-2001, 10:01 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies!!

Kirsty, Tilley, Kay, and Lori ~ Boy, how are the liquor companies going to recoop after your drinking binges??? (he...he!!!! )

We went out with friends Sat night, to dinner and then to a comedian show, it was excellent.

I am pretty upset with myself though. For the last few weeks, I haven't been journalling and have been eating way too much. Then TOM came late last week, which I still have, and feel bloated on top of it. I promised myself today was the day to get back on the wagon, I know I have gained 5 pounds back from my all time low. (Which I have maintained for over a year), I don't want this weight back, I am going to get it off!!!!

So, this is my plan today (and the rest of the week), I am counting on you girls to keep me on track!!!

1. journal, journal, journal!!!! Stay in low-middle range for points!!

2. Water, water, water!! At least 70 oz. a day!!!

3. Exercise!! - I plan on walking 2 miles over my lunch break today, and going to the gym tonight to do weights. I plan on walking every day, but doing the weights 3x a week.

4. Cut out eating out!!! This has been a huge killer for me, not to mention the extra expense!!!! I will only eat out once every week or two, and then it will be boiled fish or something healthy!!!!

5. No more late night snacks!! I had ice cream last night, 15 minutes before bed, what was I thinking?????

Ok, it feels better to have a plan, I know I can do this!!!

How is everyone else doing? My goal is to lose the 5 or so pounds before shorts weather happens. Which could be in a month here! (It is going to be close to 50 degrees today!!)

Well, sorry for the ramble! I hope everyone had a great weekend, and stayed OP!! Here's to a better week!!!

Oh, almost forgot!! Our bid was accepted for our land, so we are almost (lots of paperwork) the proud owners of 32 acres of rolling hills and trees! Hopefully we will begin construction of our new house next spring/summer! Thanks for all of your prayers!!

Well, better get back to work, I will check in later!
Old 03-19-2001, 10:43 AM   #8  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Tonya, that is great about your offer being accepted. Do you have any ideas about the type of house you would like to build? I just love houses. My hubby and I go to open houses all of the time. It is not that I don't love my house now, but you never know when a more perfect house will come on the market (plus I am nosey and like to look at others homes. Bad me). Also, your plan sounds very sound. I am sure you can get the weight off and more won't come back now that you have a plan. Just remember, it does not all have to come off in one week and it is normal for a body to fluxuate a little. You are doing great!

Ok, I am going back to work.

trish
Old 03-19-2001, 10:52 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

im waiting a few more minutes before i call the doc to see if she has my lab results I want my meridia or Xenical i know its kinda cheating but i have now 90 pounds to lose i swear that # keeps going up and im losing the same 10 pounds Im wondering if i have a hypothyroid just from the exhaustion i never seem to shake
ok enough of this old lady sh1te
Saturday we went to a pub saw a great band had a few drinks 1 1/2 beers for me and played watch the drunk guys try to stand up we had a great time
this week is crazy im dropping spanish b/c SPANISH IS EVIL well this semester at least and im figuring out how to commute for summer school

Tonya ; Congrats on the land!! you can make your plan work

Trish I have been wanting to see that movie

Lisa Congrats on the Nacho! can i borrow some of your control?
Kay good luck on the smoking you can do it!
Anyway girls i will bblater
i have to call the doc and get the verdict if its in
Old 03-19-2001, 10:54 AM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Default The guy from Mama's and Papa's died today!

Funny you should sing that song Kay, or did ja know that already....

I had a decent weekend - I was over in points on both days but I got lots of exercise - hochmagandy as well as basket ball and foot ball with the b/f. Also hiked around a giant rock slide that buried a whole town in 1903!! It was cool....spooky though.

Well, I just wanted to say hello, I am in meetings most of the day so I will write at lunch....

Have a good one!

Tonya - I am with you on the water and journalling thing....

Belle
Old 03-19-2001, 10:57 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Hey Kierie! I see you are online...how is it going? EMail me when you have a chance - I hope you don't have hypothyroid, my aunt had it and was very sick, grew "male" hair and stuff too....she is better now but was sick for almost 10 years!! She didn't know she had it...wouldn't you wonder why you were so tired though? Oh well, some people's kids...

Good luck with your results.

Belle

Last edited by Belle2000; 03-19-2001 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-19-2001, 11:19 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone Aghh I just can't seem to get back on track. It's very frustrating but I know I haven't been tyring hard enough... where has my motivation gone?? I really want to get under 200 but for some reason I'm having a lot of trouble doing so. My classes start today... my first class is Human Behaviour in Organizations... doesn't that sound exciting? LOL Yuck. Sounds like a class with lots of presentations and such, I HATE that. Ugh. I have to take it sometime tho, it's a core requirement for my degree. <<sigh>> Oh well. I'm way too self conscious I guess. My guy friend (the one I met from online) keeps trying to get me to loosen up and not worry so much about everything. I think he's a good influence on my self esteem actually. Very positive.

Kirsty... Very cool website for running... I think I might try it. I've never been able to run lol, don't have the stamina, so it would be very cool to be able to lol.

Anyways... I hope you all have a great Monday... Talk to you soon
Old 03-19-2001, 11:25 AM   #13  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Weekend Challenge!

O.k. I just read Fri. and the weekend posts and realized that on Fri. I challenged everyone to stay on points for hte weekend. That's embarassing b/c I went over. I forgot about my challenge OOPS! Anyways I still think that I had a good weekend. My slip up happened on Sat. I went to the mall to pick up my Clinique Bonus, when low and behold I glanced over and saw Cinnabon. O.k. I knew it was there but I really wanted one so I had one. I was good the rest of the night though I only had an orange. I had already eaten subway and wasn't even hungry when I ate the cinnamon roll. Oh well minor setback. Considering the cinnabon was 15pt I didn't go THAT much over. I will make up for it with exercies. I weigh in on Wed am. so we will see what happens. I really am expecting a loss though b/c I was on the low end of my pts. Wed thur. and Fri.

Kirsty I just got a yoga tape I only did it once but I liked it. It was much more challenging that I expected. Some of the poses are quite difficult.

Lisa Wow no nachos I am impressed. Good job and good luck at WI

Kay- Congrats on all of these "almost" changes (the job, smoking) I love the Mama's and the Papa's I actually have their greatest hits CD

Lori. Good luck tonight and i hope you feel better soon. I am thinking about sneeking out of work early so don't worry you are not the only one

Trish I thought Meet the Parents was hysterical. Hey Focker! HIs name alone was enough to keep my laughing.

Tonya- WOOHOO on the land . I am so happy for you. Also good job on staying on top of your weight. I am looking forward to being at goal and being able to catch those pds when they try and sneak up. YOu have a great attitude about it!

Belle- sounds like you had a great weekend. Mine was fun too. Although I didn't do anything particularly exciting!

Kieri- Let us know when you hear about your lab results I hope that all goes well

Well girls I will check in later
love,
Becky
Old 03-19-2001, 11:29 AM   #14  
~j9

Hello all!

Sounds like everyone is doing well! I had my first weigh in on Friday (well second I guess but first week on program) and I lost 3 pounds. I know its mostly water but its pretty motivating!. I was pretty good over the weekend points wise, but I didnt get any exercise in. Its sooo hard for me to get going. My weekend was pretty good, got a little itpsy on Friday night, but had the points to do it, then I drove on St Pattys day, so I couldnt drink much which was perfect! Still had a ton of fun though, even though I ran into a guy that I went out with and he was making out with some girl at the bar!! Yuk!!

Kristy: Good luck at your yoga class tonight - Ive never tried it (too chicken!) Im going to try that running program you posted about. Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Tillie: Good for you and your battle with the nachos! Woohoo! You must feel great about that! The alternating water/alcohol is a good idea. Im going to try that next time.

Tx Aggie: Keep on keepin on with the smoking battle! Ive never smoked so I don't know how it is, but I have heard that patches can help a great deal. Sounds like you are really motivated to leading a healthier life!

Lori: Sorry about your bad weekend, but at least you didn't totally give up. I couldn't run five miles to save my life! Hope your tummy feels better soon!

Trish O: Ive been wanting to see Meet the Parents. Its out on video already?

TonyaLyn: That's great to hear that youre a landowner! My dream is own a lot of land with horses. Im soo jealous!!!

~j9
Old 03-19-2001, 11:52 AM   #15  
Juliehere :-)

Default Happy Monday

Hi gang !

I survived the weekend...went out to dinner on Saturday...opted to go back home instead of out to the bars....b/f had a lot of work to do over the weekend...so I ended up having a lot of "me" time :-)

My cousin is having gastric bypass surgery today. I am happy and sad at the same time...so I decided to step up and really stay on program and exercise. I want to be able to have a significant weight loss without having to turn to surgery. I am just as overweight as she is...I guess I am jealous in a way....that she is taking the "easy" road...and will get there a lot quicker ! I'm just venting my frustration....god knows I can't discuss these feelings with my family....my pity party today...but it is giving me some strength in a way. I'm now going to be the only "fat one in the family"

Kerie - I have have a bottle of Xenical in my medicine cabinet....I have yet to take it....I just can't bring myself to do it....I'm trying to gain the motivation from within....I am starting to rethink....

Anyone try Xenical or Meridia ? What were some of the side affects ?

It's going to be a busy day for me today....thanks for *listening*

jules
Closed Thread