Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 12:30 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking Finally Friday!!

Well, sweethearts, it's not quite Friday, but I wanted to post and I was afraid that if I posted on Thursday's thread, nobody would read it.

There are SO many posts to look through. I haven't had a chance to look through them, but wow, it's been busy this week!

I'm still working nights and I actually kind of like it. I'm not sure I'd like it all the time, but for a month, it's not too bad. It's really nice not needing the alarm to wake me up. I go straight to bed when I get home at 6 a.m. and usually wake up around 2:00 p.m. Since I don't have to be to work until 8, there's no real danger of oversleeping.

The ladies that I'm working with were practically strangers when I came over and after only about 2 weeks, they've become good friends. We try to take a walk or two every night and we've tried to help each other when it comes to eating, but nobody is having much success staying away from the bad stuff. Tonight, I brought in stuff that I planned for (a string cheese, an apple, a boiled egg, and cereal) and allowed extra points for snacks that people bring in.

I skipped WI on Tuesday because I really had a very bad week. I was going to start on the right track again on Wednesday, but didn't, and last night wasn't particularly great, either. I was saying "Oh, I'll do it after the Outage", but that's what I did last outage and ended up never really getting back into the WW effort. Besides, I'm still paying for meetings. I'm not going to pay money to find out that I'm gaining weight. So, I'm not waiting until after the outage, I'm working on it now.

Aaron is still living with me. I had asked him to find someplace else to stay during the outage, but he didn't, so he's still there. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, so I'm not unhappy.

Anyway, that's about all I know. If I get a spare minute or two, I'll be back to respond to some posts later.

See ya!
Old 09-19-2003, 08:40 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hi Jess! I am glad you started the thread, even if it is a day early I am glad you don't mind the nights for now. How cool that you found some work friends. Here at my work it is slim pickins They are fine with me until something is going well in my life and then they become hypercritical. It is actually just 2 girls but they are the ones I work hand in hand with. For instance now that I am FINALLY eating healthy and exercising it is starting up again. It was bad when I was getting married and house shopping too. It is too bad but needless to say be appreciative for good co workers. Wow didn't expect that tangent (sp?).

Well Ladies this morning was my official 2 wk WI and I am down 7.5, so 3.5 this week. I cannot believe it. I would love to lose 2.5 next week which would put me at 10 pds down. I hope that I will get to check in later today but it is my first day going to the school for subbing. I am actually going to be observing Dh's class Ok so I gotta jet but Hi to everyone!

BTW Jess~ Is it too personal to ask.. why you don't want to have CB there? If so ignore me. I have just been wondering.

Last edited by Grace, Grace; 09-19-2003 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:06 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jess - I'm so glad to see you! I was just thinking about you last night and wondering how you were. Glad that you've made some work buddies.

Becky - Congratulations. All your hard work this week at making the best choices while celebrating DH's bday really paid off. Also, I think the reason that Jess doesn't want CB to live with her is because he's my boyfriend! Her's is named Aaron......

Really enjoyed my yoga class last night. My instructor has been on maternity leave the last 2 months and videos just aren't the same as class. Woke-up early at got in some full body ST with Firm videos.

Was baking cookie's for CB to take tailgating this weekend last night. Caught myself licking the beaters. Anybody else ever find themselves eating without an concious thought behind it?

Later.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:10 AM   #4  
Canadian Chick

Morning girls, I'm erally grumpy this morning. My brother kept me up until 3am with a nice fight & then he wakes me up at 7 b/c he missed his bus & expects me to drive him. I told him no b/c the next bus would only make him 2 minutes late & he had a big fit. Finally he left but as always once I'm woken up I'm stuck awake. Now I'm going to be a zombie all day. I probably sound like a witch for not driving him but his school is 25 minutes away, I feel like I've hardly been in bed, plus its my day off. I had a terrible sleep b/c I was dreaming about fighting with my brother. I'm so sick of him. He invited this girl to spend the weekend here without consulting us. Now he expects me to clean the whole house for her b/c he's too busy talking onthe phone with her to bother. B/c his student loan hasn't come in yet he's eating my food & now this girl is going to have some too. We have a food budget & usually what we buy is all planned out & if you deviate from the plan you end up without enough food. Apparently my brother doesn't care though. For some reason last night he decided to come grocery shopping with me but then ended up screaming at me the whole way home b/c first I wouldn't buy him any Mountain Dew (he already had two bottles yesterday!) & then because he thinks I made him look like a fool when he comes along & tells the grocery clerk not to bother putting my stuff in a cart b/c my brother can carry it & I said don't worry about it, the cart is fine. So he was mad. The grocery clerk already had most of my groceries on the cart by the time my brother sauntered over plus we had a lot of groceries & I didn't want anything dropped. Argh! I hate how every little thing is a big drama. I'm so tired of it. I guess you guys are probably tired of hearing my complain about him. Sorry. I feel like I can't burden any of my friends with him b/c they are all like well you knew what you were getting in to when you let him move it. Dh is tired of our fighting so he doesn't want to hear about it either. I hope this year flies by. All this stress makes me want to go get McD's breakfast. I 'd better not.

Jes, glad you found time to stop by. I know you can get back on the WW horse. You've done it before. Persistence baby.

Becky, have fun with your Dh & his class this morning. You're rocking on the losses! Keep it up girl!

Laura, glad you had a good time at yoga. I think that eating without consciousness is partly how I ended up in this state. Hope your cookies turned out good.

What are you all up to this weekend? I have to work. Boooooo!! My brother wants us to go out for drinks to get to know this girl but I really am sick of him so I think I'll find some excuse not to. Other than that nothing else going on.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:43 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Rina: Have you considered asking him to find another place to live? I know that may sound harsh, but he might be able to find a room in someone else's house or in a roomate situation... He could also look maybe at getting a line of credit on top of his loans to top things off to maybe help him find his own place... Would he fly off the handle at the suggestion (of him leaving)? Tell him you love him and you want things to stay that way, but living together is causing a lot of stress between you two and it's not healthy for either of you. Though it's understandable that you may not want to see him around at all this weekend and it's very understandable that you're miffed about him not telling you about the houseguest (I have been in that situations a few times with roomies), maybe encourage his new found friendship as a way to get him out of the house (at least so he goes out more often)... It's grating to have a housemate who is there 24/7 (I have been in that situation too). Also some places offer student payment plans or loans for students to buy a computer (check the government site, Quebec used to have that program) or he could look at companies selling off their old cpus, maybe that will keep him out of your room too. I hope I haven't been out of line with my response, you just don't sound like a happy camper and that's not good. BTW how is hubby feeling about your brother? Feel free to rant whenever.

Becky: must feels good and congrats on the 7.5lbs down... maybe don't declare that you're watching what you're eating to your co-workers... maybe to throw them off, eat a small goodie that won't ruin you eating; maybe 2 timbits, or a twizzler or something... I hate it when people get at me for eating healthy too.

Laura: I also have a problem with batter and dough.... I know it's sooo tempting.

Jess: I am glad you have good new co-workers!

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-19-2003, 10:44 AM   #6  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi girls -- I finally have a morning off. Well, ok, not quite since I have a meeting in a few minutes, but Aaron is coming with me.

Rina, I can really sense your frustration with your brother. When a young person hasn't had all of the responsibility of a budget and sticking to it yet, I don't think there's any way for them to get it. They just have no idea how close to no margin that life really is, especially when you're pretty newly married and just starting out. Hang in there, hon, this too shall pass!! Either he will mature or he will be out and on his own and will HAVE to mature, right? Glad you're not succumbing to the McD's temptation -- you'd just regret it later.

Laura, you are such a good little girlfriend to bake cookies. Now come over to my house and bake some, ok? I don't want to eat any but I want my house to smell that good. Once again, you are the workout queen. Get my @ss in gear after little noodle is done baking, will ya?

Becky, these flex points are your magic feather (if you don't know what I mean, think about the movie Dumbo -- and no, I'm not comparing you to an elephant. ) 3.5 lbs in a week is nothing short of remarkable. I bet you're looking really good in your clothes these days. Have fun observing hubby. FOr me, it's so odd to see Drew is work mode. He's such a different person, and (this sounds so bad) when he's assigning people worka nd projects, I kind of watch in amazement that people really listen to him. You're going to be sucha good sub, I just know it!!!

Jess, I'm so glad you're finding some friendly souls at work. You're about due to meet some non-witches there, I think. Any word on that other position you applied for? I know what you mean about enjoying the occasional night stretch. SOmetimes we just need to shake up our lives and our routines to give us a little jump start in life, even for just a little bit. I bet you get a lot done in those afternoons at home, too.

Well kids, I better get to my meeting. I think I have to kick a kid out of my class -- he just isn't ready for Kindergarten, even a really light program of it yet. I am really dreading it, and doubting myself, saying that maybe if I just tried harder I could make it work...I just know that it is what's best for the rest of the class so that they finally get some of my attention. Wish me luck and strength!

I also just wanted to say how wonderful you girls are. Even when I can't post (at work) I always visit and read everything and get so much support and encouragement that way. I just love you girls!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 10:46 AM   #7  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Ali, we were posting at the same time -- step AWAY from the dough, run like heck from the batter!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 10:58 AM   #8  
Running Babe

Jayne: hi... ouch... that must be hard, but if the kid is really behind, then sometimes they require that year to mature, but if he's really holding back the class or looks really lost, you'd be helping him. Think of it in the greater benefit for the class and chances are it will benefit him a lot too.

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-19-2003, 11:22 AM   #9  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura~ I always thought that CB stood for Current Boyfriend! I had no idea that was your b/f initials :blush:

Rina~ You are not a witch. I definitely agree with Ali. Are there any possible solutions. I hate to see you putting up with this s#@%. You can ALWAYS vent here!

Ali~ I didn't announce the wwer's thing. They just notice the changes and ask about them. At my job it is quite obvious when someone eats healthy b/c it is quite rare. Thank for the advice though.

Jayne~ It was cool to watch dh in action. He is a great teacher. It took away a lot of my nerves regarding Monday. Good luck with your meeting. That is difficult. BTW I know you are not calling me an elephant I like the thought of the magic feather thing

As far as wknd plans. Last b-day dinner tonight with Dh's family and then Sat. we are going to celebrate our 6 months anniv which is on Sunday. Well I ended up being able to post again so soon b/c both of my clients for the day cancelled What the heck am I supposted to do for 4 hours. I am sure I could be a diligent worker and do paperwork :P

BBL
Old 09-19-2003, 11:22 AM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Rina - At the risk of being offensive, your brother is irratating me and I don't even live with him!! I know you must love him or you wouldn't have opened your home to him. However, it is your home and he is a guest. You wouldn't allow your adult child to move home and behave like this would you? Of course not - you'd expect them to follow some version of the house rules. Perhaps you and DH should sit down and define some house rules and present them to your brother as a condition of living in your home.

Hi Ali! Been to the gym lately? You always take such interesting sounding classes.

Jayne - You are a good teacher and a wise woman. Trust in your instincts and your judgement in this situation. You won't be doing the child any favors keeping him in your class if he isn't ready.

Someone at my 2nd job asked for my Saturday shift which I gladly gave them. I have a day off this weekend! I only work Sunday! I want to spend the day at home but CB is applying high pressure tactics to get me to join him on his outing. Ugh!
Old 09-19-2003, 11:28 AM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

I love it Becky! I never thought of your translation. I like your way better, I could have XB, CB, FB! More for me!
Old 09-19-2003, 11:50 AM   #12  
Eve's Mom

I always thought CB was current boyfriend too! OOPS.

You guys are all pumped up today! It's great - is it b/c it's friday?

Hey Jess – I skipped WI too – but today I WI at home and it was down, so maybe I should have gone – do you weigh yourself at home as well as at meetings? I am glad you are making good friends at work – its hard to do that. Sometimes you click, sometimes you don’t…if you click you should be grateful.

Becky – WOW GIRL! That IS your magic feather! I am happy to hear you are doing so well. I guess something just clicked for you, eh? Congratulations!

Laura – I tried yoga/pilates fusion last year and my back was still too bad for it but I think I’ll go back this year – you like it, eh? Are you relaxed after? I am a beater licker too – and spoons, and even the bowl. I have been trying to get away from it – it’s a very bad habit.

Rina – ouch, your bro is like wet sand in your underpants sometimes. I think you are justified in your frustration….perhaps it’s time to suggest he moves out (and on) before DH loses it….I know b/f wouldn’t handle that for long but he has a short fuse.
My weekend plans are good – I have Julie (four year old neice) overnight tomorrow. We are going to heritage park and then Sunday is my Heart and Stroke walk for Mothers and Daughters for babies like Carmen (congenital heart defect). I am really happy at how many of my friends pledged me (thanks again Ali!). You really find out who your friends are when you or your family goes through crisis.

Jayne – I didn’t realize you were teaching ECS now! How cool is that. I love little guys like that. They are so neat! I liked Grade 2 as well (when I helped my sis teach) they were cool! Of course, they liked to hug and some of them had bad gas (it was very funny actually – they don’t think farting is bad at that age – they just go right ahead and let one go!!) hee hee J how are you feeling?

Laura – where is b/f’s outing?? I missed that….glad you have a day off though!!

Well – have any of you read the Dr. Phil book yet? I have a girlfriend who is a size 10/12 and thinks she is fat and she is all over Dr. Phil. She lent me her book and I skimmed through it. I don’t’ think it’s earthshatterng news – I mean, yes, he makes some sense and the eating plan is very simple and healthy (in fact, it’s the EXACT plan my nutritionist gave me to increase my iron/vitamin B12). Just some of his generalizations pissed me off. Like he said – “I guarantee you won’t be at the same weight next year – you’ll be up or down”. Well, I have pretty well maintained the past year…so there Phil! And he says how if you do a diet (and refers to countin points so I am assuming he is referring to WW) that it’s never for life, you have to make life changes, etc…but I don’t see WW as a diet – I do think it’s how you approach any program (ie:short term fix vs. life changes). Anyway, I usually don’t mind him but that book just got under my skin a bit (admittedly though, some of it made real sense, like emotional eating, eating out of boredom, importance of activity, etc). Just wondering if you all had any thoughts on Phil’s Challenge….
Old 09-19-2003, 12:14 PM   #13  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

What a crappy day - thank God it's Friday! The last freakin' call I took last night at work bothered me all night long. so I get to work, haven't even logged in yet, and I get a call on my personal line with the same person, same problem, and what a jerk! So I've spent all morning dealing with this work crap. Only 7 more hours....

Good news though this morning, I'm down 3.5 this week too! I think mastering my addiction to the scale is good for me, but very scary as I had absolutely no idea what it would say (can we say cookie dough ice cream last night?)

Rina - I saw a Friends re-run last night from way back when, it was the one where Ross & Rachel are starting to go out and Ross is over at Rachel & Monica's apt ALL the time. They end up fighting all the time, over the TV, bathroom, food, everything! Actually reminds me of your situation - as far as family goes, I love them, but now that I rarely see them, I love my brother and sisters even more... I know this sounds like something you're just going to have to deal with - but it doesn't make you a bad person at all! Just remember you can always vent here...

Becky - my losin' twin this week, way to go!

Gotta get back to work, I'm going to try and post more responses later but we're way busy - until then - hey everyone! have a great weekend!
Old 09-19-2003, 02:04 PM   #14  
Cockeyed Optimist

Angie - When I have to deal with a customer like that, I like to pretend I'm Piper from Charmed. I just imagine myself freezing them and telling them off or just blowing them up.

Belle - Love, love, love yoga. I practice Hatha yoga. I've not been able to get into Pilates. What is a yoga/pilates fusion like?

Girls, I'm so excited. My sister and I are going to be meeting for a long Girl's Weekend in November. We're going to relax, gab and do some christmas shopping. Plus, through work, I secured us a condo at a very good resort for free. Yippee!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 02:27 PM   #15  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura~ Yay for Saturdays off and sister wknds!!!! Sorry about the initial confusion. It is funny though.

Belle~ I haven't seen the Dr. Phil book yet. I cannot imagine why he would criticize WWer's to me it IS a lifestyle change. Oh well to each their own. BTW I am glad I am not the only one that got confused with the CB thing

Angie~ (aka my weight loss twin)~ Congrats! Sorry about the "lovely" customer. I hope your day improves.

Jayne~ HOw was the meeting?

Jen~ How's the quilt coming? Did you meet your deadline.

BTW A big thanks for all of the congrats regarding my wt. loss. I really need those pats on the back from time to time. Well I managed to work on paper work and now I am REALLY BORED with it. I also managed to resist Ice Cream sundaes that work is having I am not a saint though the reason I skipped it is b/c I am expecting some b-day cake tonight at the restaurant

I will probably be back b/c I have 2 more hours ( I was supposed to leave early but there always has to be 2 therapists in the office and I was the designated 2nd even though I have NOTHING to do)
Closed Thread