Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 08:28 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Friday!!! ~Sept. 12

BBTP!
Old 09-12-2003, 08:37 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning ladies! Well....drumroll please....I am down 4lbs! You were all right and thank you for your encouraging words! I just got so nervous that my effort wouldn't pay off. It is silly I know. I ate spaghetti last night and although I didn't go over points I was nervous about how the pasta would effect the WI. Ok enough rambling BUT thanks so much for the support this past week. Here I go on week 2 Oh I am changing my sig but I didn't tell you all that I was back up to 197 when I started last Friday so the CW won't change a whole lot.

Faith~ Good job going the extra mile! I am impressed at the effort. Let us now how you fared

Angie and Laura~ Thanks for the kind words regarding WI.

and I know others posted at the end of the day however my memory fails me so HI to everyone.

I shopped for Dh's gift last night and gave him the shoes this morning before he left for work so that he could wear them. He wanted Bowling Style (I guess that is what you would call them) Dr. Martens so that is what I got him. The cool thing is he had NO idea. He had told me about them MONTHS ago but he didn't want to spend the money. So that was a success. Tonight is the bonfire with the pizza and cake, snacks, etc. So wish me luck. I hope to not use all of my flex points this evening

We need a question of the day however I am not feeling very inventive this morning. You may have noticed this from my exciting title So who wants to throw one out there????
BBL!
Old 09-12-2003, 09:34 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Hey all,

Thanks for the congrats; this weekend is a challenge, I am meeting my BF's grandmother and eating dinner at her house, so I am not sure how much I can say no etc, I'll try and eat light tomorrow. S wants to take me to brunch on Sunday too and I have a potluck on Sunday night which I might skip to do chores around the house (I know that's not as fun, but I need to vacuum and do a good clean, it's hard to do that after coming home from work). Oh and we're going to dinner tonight, so I am eating for LP for the day and then I can have a good size meal... I was bad last night, I ate light all day so I could have cake for dinner It was good, BUT a little too sweet, I think stuff that is too sweet is beginning to be a turn-off to me, which is a good thing I guess. I find diet pepsi tastes sweeter than diet coke and I prefer diet coke. I'll try and get some exercise too. I think my goal for the week is to maintain my weight. I saw a friend last night and she thought I looked thinner, yah

Hey becky: enjoy the bday celebrations I am glad he liked his prezzie!

Here's a non-diet question I'll ask everyone; name one non-diet behaviour you'd like to improve on?

I admit, I talk too much and sometimes say stuff I shouldn't. I need to be a little more careful with what information I give out and to think before speaking!

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-12-2003, 09:35 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Congratulations Becky!! I knew that all your hard work this week would pay off! You should be so proud of yourself. Sounds too like your planning an awfully nice birthday for your husband.

I'm not doing so well on the eating front this week. Wednesday night was a planned splurge of pizza so I don't feel guilty about it but yesterday I had a bagel w/ cream cheese, a fun size M&M's and then let CB talk me into BBQ Wings and Buffalo Chips for dinner. Not healthy choices. Amazingly enough, I haven't blown all my flex points yet. Thank goodness for AP's. CB will be out of town this weekend so it shouldn't present any eating challenges but I still feel as though I need to be very careful with my choices if I want a loss next Monday.

Let's have a light hearted topic of the day since yesterday we were having such serious discussions.

What is your current favorite TV commercial? Mine is the one for Pepsi Vanilla where 2 guys are trying to hit the button on a vending machine outside a gas station and the machine keeps blinking out. They keep contorting themselves trying to get it to stay on and at the very end, you see 2 other guys inside the gas station hitting the on/off to the electricity and laughing saying "dance ugly monkeys" or something like that.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:40 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Laura: I like the smashed cow creamer one from Ikea... then again I don't watch much TV so I rarely see commercials.

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-12-2003, 09:45 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Ali - we were posting at the same time. I won't drink diet pepsi because it tastes funny to me compared to diet coke.

Non-diet behavior that I'd like to change? I'd like to be more charitable towards others. For example, if I wait on a crabby customer, my first instinct is to think "witch". I'm trying to catch myself and think "poor woman probably had a terrible day at work" instead.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:03 AM   #7  

morning ladies

for lack of a better term, i am irked lol...i have been OP completely this week, walked 5x, and yet stayed exactly the same! plus it is no where near that TOM...ughhhh i know staying the same happens sometimes, but it is soooo aggravating when you do everything right and see no progress..GRRRRRR!?!?!?
BUT as much as it is driving me crazy, i am not going to let it discourage me...i guess the only thing to do is to keep plugging away....
anyway, the thing that i would most like to change about myself is the fact that i tend to jump to conclusions about people and situations a little prematurely...i tend to take a first impression and have that be the only one i entertain...stubborness i guess lol
Old 09-12-2003, 10:07 AM   #8  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Good morning, girls. Sorry to have been MIA, but I'm still learning just how I can manage my time in a way that allows me to waste time on the internet. Much of my problem too is that (brace yourself for the gripe that is coming!) every other teacher in the building has one computer for his/her use, and one for student use. Because we're early childhood, they figured we didn't need that. So we have one (ancient -- 10 years old and slow as molasses) computer that 9 staff share. So it's tough for me to get on and work and do anything but quickly check my work email and get back off. Anyway, sorry to start off with a complaint, but I had to make an excuse for myself.

Laura, I have to ask...what do you mean when you say buffalo chips? The reason I ask is because around here, where people raise buffalo, the "chips" go for top dollar as fire starters. Is this what you ate? Good for you on staying with the flex points. BTW, I read your post yesterday, and I have to say that I couldn't agree more. I really thing that the tragedy that happened is cheapened by the media's circus-like coverage, and that although we won't ever forget that this happened, when we allow our lives to stop for it, those terrorists are winning all over again. So I don't think you're the biggest ***** ever. You're definitely a few rows further down than that...like say, maybe the forty-sixth biggest ***** ever, but not like number one or anything. Oh I love ya and I gotta tease you!!!

Ali, I too have completely lost my sweet tooth. It's freeing isn't it? Although I think mine only might be temporarily gone with morning sickness and all kinds of food aversions, I'd much rather make it permanant like you. Let us know about the leader/receiptionist thing -- I'm so hopeful that you will get it! You would make a great leader, because so many of them tend to be older and don't appear to relate well to the younger group members. I had a leader once who only ever addressed one side of the room -- the side that all of her bridge buddies sat on, and never really looked at the younger side of the room. You can bet I found a new meeting fast!

Becky, your bonfire sounds like so much fun -- I want to come! I am also a bit jealous of you, because my husband cares nothing for fashion and i have to struggle each step of the way to keep him from looking like a homeless person. If I buy him any shoes other than his standard brown loafers, he takes them back immediately because if they are different from the norm, someone might think he's gay. Also, he wears them until his foot is making contact with the pavement through the holes in the soles. So tell me, Becky -- did hubby come that way, or did you have to train him? If you trained him, please let me in on your secret!!!

Well, I have an ultrasound again today at 4:00. SInce we've already seen a heartbeat, I'm not so nervous with this one, but I'm still kind of sick about the fact that they think it's necessary to do ultrasounds on me every two weeks to make sure this little one's still alive. I have a "friend" who (no offense intended) pops her kids out like she's a frigging hamster and is current pregnant with number 5, tell me how lucky I was to have weekly appointments and biweekly ultrasounds. I just wanted to slap her. Yeah, I sure am lucky!

Let's see, to answer the questions...my biggest behavior I would change is sheer wimpiness. I have a difficult time being direct with people if I think it will hurt them in any way, and a terrible time saying no. So I usually end up giving myself the shaft to keep the rest of the world happy. I am working hard on that, though.

And my current favorite TV commercial, although they're not showing them as mucha ny more is the "Make 7/Up Yours" campaign where that guy wears the t-shirt around where the front says Make Seven and the back says Up Yours. I just howl when those commercials come on!

Ok, I'll come back later to say hey again!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:09 AM   #9  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey skinnybride, we were posting at the same time...remember, slow and steady wins the race!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:17 AM   #10  

Default Hello

Hi all! I went to WW last night-then i went to the supermarket on the way home...it feels good to be back in control. Everyone at the meeting was raving about the flex points...seems like forced banking to me-but hey, if it works!!! I can't believe I get 32 points because of breastfeeding!!! I'd better be able to lose weight now while I can eat that much!!! I have three more months of breastfeeding points!!! The thing is, I am hungrier...now it's the skill of using those points for healthy food-I could easily eat 32 points of cake and fried foods LOL!!!

Ali-congrats on the return to goal!! you are such an inspiration!
Jayne-good luck witht he US's-how many weeks are you now? have you passed the 12-13 week mark?

Becky-I am with Jayne-my hubby looks like a refugee from a yard sale or something-he wears the same two pairs of jeans all winter...I've slowly started getting him new things-this summer I bought two pairs of cargo shorts that don't need to be ironed-and he likes them!! I've also gotten him out o old sneakers and into shoes-but it's tough....slowly but surely...so how did you do it? Or did he come that way??

Skinnybride(sorry I don't know your name-we haven't met )
Hang in there-you will most definitely see a loss next week-your body is probably equilibrating....

Grace-Congrats on the four pounds!!!!

I'm off to meet hubby for lunch at the mall food court-I need healthy food choice vibes!!!!
Lori
Old 09-12-2003, 10:25 AM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

Skinnybride - maintaining sucks! If you keep plugging away though, you'll probably see results next week.

Jayne - I love you!!!!! I just howled at my number in the ***** line. One of the director's asked me if everything was O.K. I told him I was suffering from office tourette's. CB and I are just the opposite - he's always "dressing" me. He says things like "Honey that's not beige it's camel." If I didn't have evidence to the contrary, I'd really wonder about his orientation.....
We miss you around here. Let us know how the ultrasound goes. I'll be thinking of you (and evil thoughts for the "hamster"!)
Old 09-12-2003, 11:13 AM   #12  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Laura -- Office Tourette's? Now I'm howling!
It would be a dream come true for me to live with my very own fashion consultant!

Lori, I'm eight and a half weeks right now, but that is past my "danger point" in the past, but I probably won't breathe a sigh of relief until I am past that 12 - 13 week mark. I know what you mean about being hungry hungry hungry while nursing. And the thirst -- I felt like I could just go out with a straw and drink a pool. How is little Sara Ann doing? Can you repost that picture link, if you don't mind? I couldn't get to the other one for whatever reason.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:17 PM   #13  

Default Good morning/afternoon

Greetings everyone - just read the morning thread and I tell u its the first thing I do when I get to work - talk about positive way to start the day

Also thanks for the encouragement everyone. I missed my meeting yesterday. I tried to make two different buses, but one of my bosses needed some letters faxed out b4 lunch. So I will have to try again next week. (I have only done WW online, and I have never attended meetings b/c I don't have a car, and the meetings are too far away, but I am going to try to start going during my lunch hour). So I will let everyone know if I make it next week. Darn bosses - what do they expect me to do work while I'm at work???

My WI (I have an electronic scale at home) is tomorrow. Will let everyone know how it goes - I have stuck within my points all week though

Becky have fun at the bonfire tonight. I have never been to one. It sounds like a blast though

Ali - the one behavior I would like to improve on is my fear of failure. I am so afraid someone will say something negative to me that I never ever try anything new or daring. I only tackle things that are "safe" b/c I can't stand the thought of people making fun of me, or putting me down, etc.) (I know this is all from "childhood trauma" but jeez you would think by now I would have grown out of it!

On a commercial note - my favorite commercial at the moment is an Amstel Light commercial where this lady's husband keeps making room for the beer in the fridge by moving food out. She found a chicken in the shower and I think a ham in the bed and both times she starts screaming. I don't know why, but these commercials always makes me laugh my head off.

Anyway wishing everyone a Happy Friday and a healthy day.

Faith

Last edited by FaithQ; 09-12-2003 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:17 PM   #14  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

You all are cracking me up!

Woo hoo becky - 4 pounds!

I'm only down .5 BUT I messed up last night and went to a mexican restaurant for supper... whoops. I'm also sitting here pigging out on food that everyone brought to work today... oops. Planning on getting back on track tomorrow, but just not worrying so much about it today. The excuse that I've come up with to let me get away with this is that it works better to eat more one day, less the others - my version of WW's flex points...

anyway -

commercials I love are the budweiser ones... the "catcher for a day" one is hilarious - the baseball fan envisions himself as catcher, and sees the runner coming full-steam towards him, they collide and the catcher shoots 30 feet back!

behaviors i'd like to change are talking about people and gossipping too much... at the same time i'd like to be more outgoing and social...

no time to respond to everyone - have a great weekend!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:13 PM   #15  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Ok we are some funny ladies! Is that vain?? I am cracking up at all of these posts.

Jayne and Lori~ He came that way. Sorry! It is really nice, for instance he wants me to start buying "quality" shoes that will last. I am so glad b/c I buy cheepies b/c well they're cheap. Anyways he does dress well BUT I think every man has his moments for instance when he does lawns in the summer. Uhhh he wears shirts with the arms cut off which leaves his entire stomach revealed and he has a pair of scrub shorts that he got while he was in PT they are disgusting and he thinks he can wear these b/c he is working. It just grosses me out. I know I shouldn't complain b/c usually he is a hottie but my point is he has his moments.

Jayne~ Let us know how things go today!

Ali~ I have a difficult wknd too. Good luck. We can do it.

Skinny Bride~ Keep pressing on it will come off. I went through a LONG time where I lost my motivation so just be proud that you have kept yours even through the rough times!!

Laura~ That is so funny. DH likes the movie Fried Green Tomatoes and Steel Magnolias so pair that with a good dresser and I know what you mean about knowing his sexual orientation

Angie~ Thanks for the congrats!

Faith~ Good effort yesterday. I know that whole working while at work thing such a bummer

I cannot think of a commercial right now so I will have to get back with you. As far as a behavior I would like to change it would be to give people the benefit of the doubt. I find that lately I tend to have a short fuse. I deal with the chronic and persistantly mentally ill and it takes patience however I find that outside of work I have already run out of the patience I should exhibit to others.
Closed Thread