Old 07-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles

Judy - staying the same is OK it will drop when it is good & ready. Sometimes frustrating, but if you are staying on track & exercising, the scale has to drop.

Extra long weekend for me & it was fairly quiet. Kids went to cottage & I went to my gf trailer for the weekend, which was fun. We did some cooking & mostly healthy meals, got in a
few walks & caught up on everything.

The scale was up last week, so have to buckle down & get back at it. My tops chapter is now closed & hopefully I will transfer to the other one tonight.

All - have a great week.
Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Gail, I hope you get to your new Tops group. It's nice to meet new people and fit in.

All good here on the July 4th. Independence Day. Going to a relative's house for their annual BBQ and celebration. It should be fun.
Talk soon.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #18  

Hi turtles

Judy - hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Been busy up here and spent some time at my trailer with my dd and grandkids. Lots of fun - lots of swimming, walking and chasing the little ones.
My dd friend came up for the one day with her 2 kids so we really had a trailer full but was great to see the little ones having a good time.

Having the girls up from work this Friday for a sleepover, so looking forward to that. Then next week I am off on holidays so will be up at cottage for a few days then back
to trailer for rest of the week. Hoping for hot sunny days.

Hope you are doing well and staying on track.

Have a good week

Gail
Old 07-14-2017, 10:29 PM   #19  
Chick

I went off track and then I didn't come here to say hi. You sound like you are having fun up at the trailer. Good for you. The little ones are exhausting, but so much fun.

I am back on track. Wish I didn't take these side steps that get me no where, but that's the pattern I'm trying to break. Making lots of headway.
Wishing you the best.
Enjoy the summer!
Judy
Old 07-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #20  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Gail, how are you doing? I'm back on track. Had a Sweet Sixteen house party here for my granddaughter. It was small, but really nice. Lots of laughs and she appreciated it.

Food much better again. I feel I am still learning what to do in different situations but for now it's good.

Hoping to hear from you and that you are enjoying the summer.
Judy
Old 07-26-2017, 09:01 AM   #21  

Hi turtles

Judy - I am fine. Enjoyed my time with my office gals at my trailer then headed up north to cottage for most of the week I was off. So lots of walking and playing with the grandkids.
Great holiday & I had my weigh in last night and was down 1/2#, so was very happy not to be up since I did have some extras over the week. But I think the walking/swimming
at cottage really helped and there are lots of hills when you are walking so great exercise.

I made a zucchini lasagna last night which turned out nice so have that on hand for side-dish. I find it easier to stay on track if I have food prepared & I really like "leftovers" which
works out great.

Heading to trailer just for the night after work & planning on a big walk then a nice swim up there.

I think my new Tops chapter will be good, although it is weigh ins only for the summer & haven't had a chance to really meet the other ladies there. One of the ladies from my old chapter transferred with me so I know her. But as they say "change is good"

All - have a great week.

Gail
Old 07-28-2017, 12:48 PM   #22  
Chick

Glad to hear from you.
for losing weight while away at the trailer. It's so easy to gain weight while on a long weekend away, so you must be feeling good about this.

I like to cook ahead myself and think I'll make a veggie/chicken dish in the crockpot. Not sure what kind yet, but it will be good to have handy.

I am so excited. My dd and I are going to see Taming of the Shrew...................a ballet at Lincoln Center by the Bolshoi Ballet over the weekend. I have to figure out a plan for food since we'll be gone a long time.

Sending : to the Turtles and especially to you, Gail. Talk soon and :

Had a Sweet Sixteen party for our granddaughter while she was visiting. It was a nice party and very appreciated.

Okay, here's a good quote. "It's hard to diet. It's hard to be overweight. Choose your hard." With that, I'll say so long until the next time.
Judy
Old 08-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #23  

Hi turtles

Great weather up here, really hot & sunny!
I was down 1.5# last night at my Tops weigh in, so was very happy with that.
Missed my walk Mon/Tues since I was running late and it was very hot but got in a nice one this a.m. with the dog.
So all good.

Had a big salad & a sausage for my lunch, so delicious and I baked some sole last night, so dinner all planned out.

Judy - hope you enjoy your plan, I really enjoy live performances.

All - have a great week.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:37 AM   #24  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Went to see the Bolshoi Ballet in NYC. Was so looking forward to it. For the first time ever I came away from a performance of ballet let down. I kept feeling that the dancers were good.....................but what happened? Never saw the Bolshoi before. Well, at least I didn't overeat during the day so that's a good thing. lo l.

: and and for you, Gail. You're doing great.Keep up the good work.

Time for me to change my approach again. Last August I needed to stop some binge eating that led to a fast 8# gain. I did that, but thru the year I have had so many ups and downs that my weight still isn't to where I want it to be to "start" losing weight. Since I regained weight that I thought I would keep off forever. Well, enough of that. Putting together all the good tips I've gotten over the years so I can use WW Smart Points and knock off this weight. I hear so many gals in my WW group struggling and it's easy to see why since so many of us eat over things that are not related to hunger. Enough of this. I wrote to cheer you up and you are doing a great job.

keep it up Gail. I bet next week I'll have a nice loss too.
Take care.
Judy
Old 08-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #25  

Hi turtles - well another extra long weekend over with up here. Weather was up/down & kids went to cottage so I ended up just staying home which was
nice. Got lots done around the house, watched some TV and movies, made some cauliflower soup which was really good & yesterday cooked up a roast beef
dinner for everyone. But I did have way too many snacks over my 4 day weekend on my own, so easy to do. Will probobably be up abit this week, but
when you know why it is to be expected.
What I really don't like is when you stay on track, get in your exercise and the scale decides to jump up abit. That is really frustrating.
When this happens it is usually when the previous week I overdid it, but squeaked by on the scale that week then it catches up with you.
Anyway, all is good.

Judy - too bad about your ballet, not nice when you are looking forward to something & it lets you down. Surprising though, those are usually good.

Good luck with your change of plans of your weight loss journey. Sometimes we just have to change things up.
Before I left WW I was finding that I was staying within my points, but a lot of the food was not too healthy. But I still ate those treats since I had the points.

All - lets have a good week.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #26  
Chick

Sending good luck to you too , Gail. All I know is change is constant.........................if that makes any sense...................and I really don't like change. My son and his kids came to visit and swim and have fun with us again and it was nice. Never easy to eat well under those circumstances, but I do my best.

and to you. I love that you keep this club going. We can do this.
Judy
Old 08-16-2017, 10:41 AM   #27  

Hi turtles - just chugging along up here, weather still pretty good. Was at trailer most of weekend with kids and it was a lot of fun & I ended up going back up after
work Monday and staying overnight. Got in a big walk and ran lengths in the pool, so lots of steps that day.

Eating has been up/down & I missed my weigh in last night. Week before I was up 1# which was no surprise.

Judy - I also find it more difficult to stay on track with kids around. I find I keep eating what they leave behind as well as different snacks I usually don't have on hand.
But lets just do our best & enjoy the time spent with family.

All - drink some extra water and walk some extra steps!!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:01 PM   #28  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Gail, that is so smart. Of course I love the time spent around the kids. I try to have healthy things around for all of us, but at some point ice cream and sweets rear their adorable heads. lol. Anyway, I am happy because this week this morning at my WI I stayed exactly the same. I know to some that wouldn't be the greatest, but I had already gone above a weight I didn't want to see again so I stopped the gain and now I'll work on getting rid of some pounds. I have a goal.......................my biggest problem is my inconsistency delays reaching the goal.

The days are already getting shorter here. I don't like hot weather, but I must say I have enjoyed this summer. The weather has been pretty good and I've gotten swimming much more than usual. Having to "do laps" isn't the most fun so I exchanged that for just paddling around the pool and playing with my little granddaughter. Lots of laughs. She is constantly choreographing her water ballet "moves" and "finales" and I find myself laughing a lot...............all good.

Okay, if you are reading this, chime in once in a while. Have a great day. Gail, I love your tips!!
Judy
Old 08-23-2017, 03:53 PM   #29  

Hi turtles - keeping busy up here & off on a mini holiday tomorrow with 9 other ladies to a getaway in hotel with boat cruise, dinner, live theatre, so should be lots of fun.
Then back home & up to trailer for "Halloween" weekend up there. Kids are getting excited about that. One of my grandsons is going to be Spiderman and the little one will be a pumpkin.
So should be really cute. They start off with a wagon ride all dressed up around the park, then get to trick or treat at the trailers with a Halloween decoration on it.

All- been trying to cut down on my carbs which is OK if I plan ahead with my cooking. For tonight I made some pasta sauce with beef and have zucchini noodles instead of regular pasta.
I love those zucchini noodles!

Good luck with your weighs this week & Judy, congrats on staying the same last time!
Gail
Old 08-24-2017, 07:18 AM   #30  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
to all who read this. Chime in if you are so inclined. Love to hear what is going on.

Gail,
Halloween weekend sounds like a lot of fun. We always have a Halloween party here each year. Have been doing so for ages...............to be specific at least 30 years. OMG where has the time gone???? Anyway, have fun with your gal friends away. That sounds like a very good trip.

I finally saw a breakthrough on the scale. I lost 1# and am happy with it. I tracked daily. We even went out to eat, but WW's had the items I chose to eat and I could track them. One good thing is a corn muffin came with my entree, but since it was 7 smart points, I decided to not eat it. Little things like that add up. I never get defeated and I am looking forward to losing another pound this week. What is self-defeating is when I look at the calendar and start calculating how many weeks it will take to get back to the lowest weight I was....................and that is just stupid because if I could have stopped the gain, I would have. Now I keep applying new ideas and outlooks figuring some of these will have to take. Whew!

In the meantime I am wishing everyone : and We can do this. We have been doing this.

Take care. Do well and keep on keepin' on!
Judy