Old 09-28-2017, 09:17 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles

Judy - too bad about your weigh in, but you can knock that off in no time. Celebrations are always challenging, but you need to plan ahead.
Lately if I go out to dinner in a restaurant, I look at their online menu and decide beforehand what I will order & skip looking at the menu if I can.
I find this really has helped. Skip the appetizers, pick a sensible main dish & share a dessert if you need something sweet.

I have a fitbit as well, I will try finding you on there & add you as a friend. I really like the challenges you can join, so much fun.

All - I was down 2# this week, so was very happy with that.

Time to start cleaning out my trailer - park is open until Oct 15th but want to get it all done before it gets too cold.

Take care
Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:29 AM   #47  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Gail, that is a fabulous weight loss. Oh wow, I'd like a Fitbit friend. Check for a private message.

Keep up the good work. My plans got switched since my dh got sick, so we'll postpone until next weekend. Beautiful weather here right now.

Hey, I had a 3 point breakfast that is a bit of a switch up for me: whole wheat bread, PB2, and 1/2 banana. Tastes more like a dessert than a breakfast and I liked it.

Have a great week. Turtles, enjoy this challenge and get healthier. We can do this. Onward and downward. :
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #48  

Hi turtles - missed posting here last week, but I was down 1.5# last week, so was good.

We had our Thanksgiving weekend up here & lots of visiting and 2 formal holiday dinners - I tried to stay on track but the goodies got the better of me.
But back on track today & will try getting in more walks this week.

Judy - your new breakfast sounds very good. I see you on fitbit and invited you to a challenge, but don't see that you joined?? Just tap on accept invitation, that's it.
Then we can see each others steps throughout the day. Extra motivation!

Gail
Old 10-18-2017, 06:50 PM   #49  
Chick

Gail, that is a fabulous weight loss. Keep it up.
I am trying to figure out fitbit, but have been so busy that I haven't had the time to investigate. I'm sure it's easy and I'll get to it soon.
I love the idea of motivation.
Scale has been wacky lately. had two perfect weeks and gained both times. Then this week I really overdid the food and only gained 1# which also doesn't make sense.
Will get back here whenever I can. Wishing all the best to the Turtles and especially Gail!
Judy
Old 10-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #50  

Morning turtles

Judy - good luck with your fitbit. I can see you on there and when you received a challenge invitation, just tap on accept then you are in and can see what each person in the challenge is doing.

Yes, I had a couple of weight loss weeks, but then was back up 3# this week, so not too happy with myself for that. The holiday leftovers and snacks from clearing out my trailer got the best of me, but all is either given away or eaten by me. Plus I dont' like throwing stuff out, but now when I shop I won't be buying stuff that is not on my programme. Really trying to cut down on the carbs but I tell you, almost everything has carbs - even the veggies. And of course the higher veggie carbs are the ones I have been mostly eating (other than salad stuff) So need to revamp my menu and shopping habits.

We have ARD this Saturday (which is Tops Area Recogition Days) and my chapter is hosting, so will be helping out with that. Nice to see how well others are doing & it is based on last years results (Jan 1-Dec 31 weigh ins) I don't think I will receive anything this time, but aiming for next time.

All - pop by when you can & Judy, you have a good week.

Gail
Old 10-25-2017, 06:36 PM   #51  
Chick

Hi turtles,
Yes, if you're reading how about writing? Love to have some of you chime in now and then. In the meantime, and : for all.

Weirdest thing happened. I have been asked to substitute teach part time for the next month or so. I'll be teaching two food courses and I'll really enjoy that. Hopefully the students will too.

My own weight hasn't been too terrific and now I'll be missing my WW WI on Wednesdays, so I have to hunker down and do the best I can.

and and : and : to all.
Gail, enjoy the TOPS and I know you'll get an award in this new year! Good luck good friend.
I love the FitBit and will explore more challenges when I get a bit of time.
Judy
Old 10-26-2017, 09:22 AM   #52  

Morning turtles

Yes, I agree Judy - would be nice if the others would post when they have a chance.

That is great you will be teaching! ARD was fun but was disappointed in the speaker - a nutritionist which should have been a good talk, but she mostly just said what not to listen to instead of sharing her knowledge. Oh well.

I "turtled" this week at Tops (stayed the same) but not complaining. Hopefully will see the scale go down next time. Been getting in some walks but need to get swimming on a regular basis now that my park is closed.

Food has been pretty good - cooked up some chicken legs to have on hand with my salads this week but today am going for lunch with the office girls & we are doing Mexican. Will check out some options online before going.

All - hope you are all doing well & would love to hear from you.

Gail

Last edited by bandit2; 10-26-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:13 PM   #53  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Gail, so smart to check out a menu, etc. before heading out to eat. It is amazing how high in points seemingly "innocent" foods can be.
Yes, working is working out well for me. I am walking much more than before. I look at it like I am getting paid to get in my exercise. How is that for positive thinking? Lol.

Sorry your conference wasn't as good as you expected, but you have a great attitude. I know you like the swimming. Can you wear your Fitbit while swimming?

My food has been decent and I lost a smidge, but am still really hunkered down around the same weight..............up a bit, down a bit. Hopefully this week will be better. I also need to put something in a crock pot that will be good for a few dinners to have something on hand.

Yes, to all the turtles from years past.................would also love to hear how you're doing. It's not always just about the weight. We work on that daily, and also like to hear good things from you all.

: to all.
Judy
Old 11-01-2017, 09:12 AM   #54  

Hi turtles

Judy - We ended up going to Italian restaurant instead of Mexican, so I scanned the menu when I got there & ended up having eggplant parmesan with green salad with oil/vinegar dressing.
Skipped the bread & dessert. So think overall it was a good choice and it was very good and filling. I bought an eggplant and will make same dish at home. Makes a nice meatless meal for a change.

I can wear fitbit in water, but I don't. Makes me nervous that I could ruin it. I did wear it at trailer when I ran laps in the pool & just held my arm out of the water & that worked fine, but when I swim I remove it, just in case.

Well, that is Halloween over and we have lots of candy leftover but the kids can keep it upstairs away from me. I took a few little treats to have but not too many.

All - have a great day!
Gail

Last edited by bandit2; 11-01-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:20 PM   #55  
Chick

thanks for the Fitb it information!
I had loads of Halloween candy left over, but I brought it to the high school where I am working part time and the kids loved it. Better them than me!
Food has been good this week and the steps are much better than the amount I was doing previously. I will WI tomorrow morning and hope to be down a bit more. Day by day, right?

Wishing the best to Gail and all the Turtles.
Judy
Old 11-05-2017, 11:33 AM   #56  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Quick response. I had a WW WI yesterday and lost another 1.4#. this is the least I have been since early July. I did an awful lot of up a pound, down a pound this year and it's not what I want to do. Every January I say if I lose a pound a week I'll be at goal by the end of the year.
When I reach my 50# down again, I'll start posting my weight. The best I did these last couple of years was a total of 60#down. Want to get there and even better.

: to all of you viewing this site and thread. : None of this is easy and I am learning once again that keeping busy and active is the best way for me to lose weight. Any good recipes out there??

Judy
Old 11-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #57  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

I am proud to be a member of the turtle club. I am currently on week on week 3 of my maintenance weeks, but want to lose a couple of pounds because I am going on a Thanksgiving cruise! Worst timing right? My final weigh in to get to lifetime is right after the cruise. So wish me luck.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #58  
Chick

Hey Miaka,
Enjoy your cruise. You sound like you are doing very very well. Here's some cheer for you! : :

I am having a good week. Getting in more walking every day and watching what I eat. Not perfect, don't expect to be, and heading in the right directions~

Judy
Gail, how are you doing?
Old 11-11-2017, 09:33 AM   #59  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
to all who read here. Chime in now and then. It makes this much more interesting.

I had a WW WI this morning and stayed exactly the same. At first I was a bit disappointed since I am doing well with both food and exercise. Then I really thought back over my week and realized we ate out 3 times for my dh's and I had a group of friends in one night and served higher calorie desserts and coffee...................and it goes on. Looking back I think I maintained during an extreme week and i am actually proud of that.
Now onward and downward!!!!

Keep on keepin' on! I actually like the structure of my days during Nov. and Dec. Lots of things to do that are fun and a positive attitude helps.

Have a great week. Chime in when you can. Know you are not alone. There's lots of us out here!
Judy
Old 11-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #60  

Hi turtles

I am back from my Mexico trip and it was great. But lots of eating, drinking and not so much exercise & of course the scale will be up at my weigh in this week.
But holiday was really nice. Time to get back on track.

Pop in when you can & good luck at the scale!