Old 05-01-2017, 04:23 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Judy - congrats on your weight loss this week, awesome!

As I said, the scale was up 1.4# so not as bad as I thought but still up but weekend was better than the previous one, so all good.

Our Tops chapter has been struggling for awhile & we are voting this week whether to disband it. If that happens I can transfer to another chapter.
We have lost quite a few members this past year for various reasons and I think the dedicated regulars just need a change or a break. So will see this Thurs what happens.

Tonight am making pasta sauce when I get home & have some zucchinis to make noodles from - so looking forward to that. A nice hot bowl of this will be great seeing it has been raining all day.

All - pop in when you can.
Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:16 PM   #47  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Gail, you've got a great attitude. I hope that whatever the outcome for your TOPS group, you find another club that will help you out. That's not a bad weight gain and the fact that this weekend was so much better is great. Weigh to go!

I'm looking forward to a good WI on Friday myself. Got thru some challenging meals this weekend. At the buffet I was able to have an omelet with mushrooms.............and the chef said it didn't have cream in the mix, but only egg. The dinner at our friends was manageable and I enjoyed the evening. Sunday was a hodgepodge, but I was able to get thru it pretty well. Our dd and her kids were here and it was hectic, but fun. They are great.

Today I am struggling a bit, so I'm here to pass some time and hope that the "itchy food bug" will get lost.
Enjoy your zoodles and sauce. Sounds great. I think tomorrow I'll have spaghetti squash and sauce and some small meatballs on top. That sounds really good. Tonight I had butternut squash and Chicken Marsala..............satisfying.

Okay, sending : to all. I just got some sad news about a very good friend and I think that may be behind my wanting to eat. Now I have to let logic hop in and say that my eating won't make her well. Right?!

Take care. Talk soon and good luck to all
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:34 PM   #48  
Chick

Well my WI on Friday wasn't great. I stayed the same, but had a very good week so that was disappointing. Hopefully I can shake weight up this week.

Gail, how are you doing?
Any Turtles out there?
Wishing you all the best.
Judy
Old 05-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #49  

HI Judy - well, our chapter decided to fold but we will continue for 2 more months since we have to give rental notice for the park.
I will probably transfer to another chapter closer to home. When I moved with my dd I still went to my old club - so this will actually be handier but that won't happen til end of summer.

I was down 3.6# last week, so was extremely happy with that. Still getting in my walks and staying within my daily range which really helps.

I am now down 13# since Jan 1st - even with my up/downs. So doing good overall.

I hear you about being disappointed when you think you did well. But lots of times it takes a few weeks to show up.

My pattern seems to be small losses or stay the same for 2 weeks, then a larger drop on week 3.
However you look at it - if you are trying everday to do better for yourself you are doing great.

Have a great week & lets drink some extra water and do just a little bit more exercise.

Gail
Old 05-11-2017, 11:21 AM   #50  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Gail, so encouraging to hear from you and your wonderful weight loss. Look at you! 13# since the start of the year. That's wonderful. I feel kind of stuck and I reacted badly to not losing weight. of course you are right and I may be in another type of losing pattern again................when I was young I'd go 3 weeks not losing anything and then lose 7# the next week. I have to keep that in the back of my head..........not a fun losing pattern, but worth sticking with the right things.

Glad you got in water and exercise too. you must be flying high with such a great loss. Sorry about your group folding, but I am sure you'll do well in this next group. Good luck!

Have a great week.
and and :
Judy
Old 05-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #51  

Good morning turtles

Well, I turtled last week at Tops but I am OK with that.

Got my trailer opened but the site was too wet to rake & there are lots of leaves so that will be next trip to get that done. But got everything hooked up and washed down inside,
so looking forward to another season up there.
This year my plan is to do "pool walking" in our sports pool - I read about this and basically you walk/run laps in the pool instead of swimming & it is suppose to be a good workout with the water resistant & make it harder than walking on ground. So will try it out along with my regular walks & swimming which I love.\

Overate abit on weekend but here's to a new week!

Last edited by bandit2; 05-15-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #52  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm back from a 5 day vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC. Was there with my two sisters to celebrate the "baby's" 60th . birthday. We had such a good time. Because of the internet, I didn't want to post I'd be away, so I didn't have a way to let you know.

All good news foodwise. My sisters were both "watching" it and we ate well. Had good dinners out and I aimed for fish often. Also the groceries we bought for the suite were good even including birthday cake.............but a tiny one. I don't know how I did, but I'll be weighing in on Friday and I'll let you know then. Sending : and : We can do this. We are doing this! I'll open a new thread soon. Busy getting settled back in here at home. Good luck in all you do.
Judy
Old 05-22-2017, 07:58 AM   #53  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Starting a new thread now: #301 Bale of Turtles aiming for goals!

See you there
Judy