#300 Bale of Turtles Looking Forward to Spring

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • BAndit, you're on a roll. Good for you for losing another pound. Weigh to go! :
    Monday nights are usually tough for me and an eating challenge, but my friend is coming over tonight and we'll have tea and chat and the challenge of overeating will pass. Sending : to all the Turtles.

Bandit, you're doing great. keep up the good work.
    Judy
  • Happy Saturday, turtles

Judy - hope you made it through your Monday night get together with your friend.

I was down 1# at my Thurs evening Tops weigh in, so was happy with that. Small amounts but in the right direction so all is good. I have really been trying to stay on track & it is paying off, plus getting in my walks
    which helps.

Tonight, going dancing so should get in some extra steps on my fitbit with that.

Judy - hope you have a good weekend & Karen - hope you are doing well and pop in when you can.

Gail
  • Hi Turtles,
    We were out at Montauk, LI over the weekend. Ferocious weather and we were right on the ocean, so it was exciting.
    Did well with food and hope to lose weight this week. I didn't do anything like eat only lettuce and diet dressing, but I did watch out for any super extravagances and am quite happy. Haven't lost weight for 2 weeks now because of some emotional eating, but I work on it and hope it is under control now. Am keeping track of the water I drink and that is helping because I feel fuller than usual.

Hoping things are going well with you. : and : all around.
    Judy
  • Morning turtles

Judy - hope you are down this week after the challenges you had - but glad you are back on track now & getting in your water which helps.

I was down 1# last night at Tops and ended up being the Highest Loser for March which was surprising, so I get some $ towards next months dues which is nice. We are a small chapter so rewards are small but it means a lot to be recognized. My losses have been small but somewhat consistent and heading in the right direction.

I feel any improvements we make whether with food journaling, getting in our water, doing some exercise, staying within our targets and taking care of ourselves with some down time all helps on this journey.

A made a meatloaf this week so been having that for dinner/supper - so that was good for a change.

Have a nice weekend.
  • Bandit, so happy you were the best loser for the month at TOPS. You are consistently going in the right direction and I admire you.
    I haven't been here lately because I got sick from food poisoning..............I was surprised at how sick I got and how long it has taken me to recover. looking back over the last three months I haven't done great, but I am handling things better and my binges are much fewer.

Good luck to all of us. I love that I am 50# down, and now I look forward to knocking off the next 10#. : to us all and :
    Judy
  • Morning turtles

Judy - you have done so well to drop 50# - so good for you for focussing on the next 10. Always good for us to have a goal in sight.

I have been staying on track and really paying attention to my portion sizes (back to weighing, measuring and counting EVERYTHING. So easy to have a bite of this & that and not count it - then end up with a gain & be surprised. So journaling everything that passes my lips & getting in my walks which is really helping me at the scales - although small losses, all adds up.

Last night for my supper I made steak (which I bought at meat shop in package & they are 5 oz each which was 200 calories, all figured out) which was delicious & had big salad, red peppers and onions with it & was totally full. Later on I had an ice cream bar which was 100 calories and ended the night within my range for the day. I cooked an extra steak so will have again
    tonight. I love real food that is already portioned out & these steaks had no extra spices on them, which I also liked. Some of these things are so full of sodium which is not good, but these were great.

Hoping to be down at the scale tomorrow. Good luck this week!

Gail
  • Hi Turtles,
    Gail, I love the way you're really paying attention to this program. You are doing great and I hope the scale showed a nice loss.

Went to LEGOLAND with the family. It was fun, but awfully crowded which is to be expected during spring break.

I lost a pound this week and am very happy about that. Concentrating on eating better thru the day and also getting in water. I had gotten away from water for a while, so this is a good thing.

Sending : to you, Bandit, and to any and all who come here. Chime in when you can. Gail, I feel we are both booking it this year and I feel we can reach goal. and

Happy holidays to all
    Judy
    Down 50#, holding onto that loss and trying hard to get the next 10# off.
  • Morning, turtles

Hope you all had a great Easter and got to spend time with friends & family.

I was down 2# last Thurs at my weigh in and was highest weekly loser again, so was very happy with that. Weekend was a challenge with all the extra goodies, but I did get in my walks which helps. Weekend was very busy but really nice as well. Nice to see the grandkids enjoy all the festivities.

So back on track today & will have some turkey leftovers tonight for my dinner.

Judy - congrats on your weight loss last week, keep up the good work.

Gail
  • Hi Turtles,
    Gail, you are doing so well. WEigh to go! : and
    You've got a winning streak going and I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work.

Things here are fine. Easter was very pleasant. I planned to have a festive meal and a tiny dessert and it worked out well. As always, I had to watch the next day and now I am right back on track. We had two of our grandkids here and the little one still loves the idea of an Easter bunny, so it was all fun.

Sending : to all who read here. Chime in when you can and give us some ideas to keep us going toward goal. Best wishes to all.
    Judy
    Itryharder
  • Good morning turtles

Judy - glad you had a nice Easter with your grandchildren & yes, it is so much fun having little ones around.

I had to miss Tops last Thursday since my son-in-law had to work late & it was swimming lesson night, so I was needed to help with youngest grandchild at the pool & same thing
    might happen this Thurs since son-in-law is going on fishing trip & won't there again this week. So hopefully we can work something out since I don't like to miss 2 weeks in a row.

I definitely overate this past weekend & should have walked more. Seems part of the problem is having too many leftovers on hand & thinking I have to eat through them. So need to
    stop buying things I don't need. I cleaned out my fridge yesterday & took some things upstairs for them to eat up & I think that will help keep me on track.

All - chime in when you can & lets all have a great week!
    Gail
  • Hi Turtles,

Well Gail, what you went thru this past weekend is something I have done too many times. I did find a friend who takes all sorts of leftovers and does the most ingenious things with them. She is a good friend who lost 240# on WW's over 28 years ago. Now she will take the food and portion it up for a few of her buddies who don't cook for themselves any more. It makes me feel good to give her the food (it's not tempting to her) and she feels good taking care of some of her more elderly friends.

Sending : to help you get on track where you love to be. We had my ds and dgs here for 5 days. It turned out to be relaxing and great. The biggest food challenges were when they brought in a dozen donuts and then 18 bagels and my favorite cream cheese. I had a tip with the bagels that worked out better than I thought. I love tuna and make a WW friendly recipe. I put it on 1/2 bagel that I scooped out a lot of the bread. That sounds so weird, but it worked out fine. It is tough having others in the house as much as we love them. I also made a huge meatloaf and a big batch of meatballs and then didn't have to do a lot of on the spot cooking.................nor did we do take in which is a big plus for me.

Hey, do you like this idea??? From an Italian restaurant.. grilled chicken parm hero..............no bread. It saves calories and is still delicious. I'm not a big fan of grilled chicken from restaurants since they are so dry so often.

Oh well,I am babbling, so I'll sign off now. Good luck to all the Turtles and special good luck to Bandit.............my ever loyal pal!!!!

Judy
  • Morning turtles

Judy - the grilled chicken parm hero sounds super good. Last night I went to meditation class which I haven't been to in awhile & had some time to kill before then, so stopped at grocery store & bought some nice salad things - fancy lettuce & some chopped kale, to change things up abit. Also bought package of skinless, boneless chicken breasts to can try your new idea for the chicken. Also bought some guacamole to try - the kids love avacados but I don't like the texture of them, so thought this might be better.

Got in my morning walks so far this week, staying on track with my food & feeling pretty good. But last weekend was definitely not so great & will probably see a jump at the scales tomorrow.
    Oh well, life happens & you just have to get on with it. My salad for today looks delicious & put some feta cheese on it as well, so looking forward to lunch.

I made meatloaf a few weeks ago & always enjoy that as well as a meatloaf sandwich next day. And love meatballs as well, they go with anything.

Oh my now I am getting hungry! Have a good day!
  • Hi Turtles,
    Bandit, so glad you liked the idea of the grilled chicken parm. Honestly, grilled chicken is just blah to me but Italian style chicken cutlet with breading and then deep fried has enough fat to last a week. lol. This new idea works for me and having a bit of sauce on top with small amt. of mozzarella makes a dish that is great. I'm glad you had time to pick up some foods for yourself and I wish you luck on your WI tonight.

I did a huge shopping at Trader Joe's a couple of days ago. Do you have that market in Canada? I love their produce and their prices. Tonight I'm going to take my granddaughter to ballet and then she loves to go to McDonald's where she can have dinner and play in the indoors playground. It's a routine. I get home late, so I need to have something ready to eat and the chicken Marsala WW style will work. I'll make that up sometime today and be ready.

Have a great day. I like how hard you're working at this. me too. I know we want the weight to come off faster, but we're both heading in the right direction. have a great day.

Judy
  • Hi Judy - we have some other stores that are similar to Traders Joes, but none of these that I know of.

So weigh in tonight, and as I said the scale will be up - but I will go & get on the scale & be accountable. When you don't want to get on the scale, is when you need it the most.
    I overdid the past weekend & now have to face it & hopefully make better choices this weekend.

It has been really nice weatherwise up here, so glad for that but I think we may get a thunderstorm later tonight - hopefully will be cozy in my bed by then.

You have a great day also.

Gail
  • Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but the weekend was very busy for me. I hope you were happy with your choices this weekend.
    Bandit, it is so strange and I know I've made similar comments in the past, but I know this is the year you and I can make goal. I feel it. I am in the process of changing so many habits and really thinking about my choices rather than being on or off a diet. let's do this! : and :

We have been here for a long time and we help each other. Thanks for being my friend along this journey!!!

Busy weekend......dinner at friends on Friday night. Buffet at fancy catering hall on Sat. for a baby baptism. Today out at the beach with dd and dgd and then back here for lunch. All good. No days were perfect, but all days were good. Waiting to have dinner since I'm not hungry right now. If I don't get "hungry", I'll have a light supper around 7:30pm.

Wishing any Turtles who chime in the very best of everything. Bandit, so glad you are still here and keeping me company on this challenging road. All the best!!!!

Judy (By the way, I lost 2.4# this week after having a slip up the week before. All challenging. learning new approaches and doing my best.)