Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 12:15 AM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #228

G'day all,

My last post brought us to the third page so I thought the least I could do start a new thread.

Lily what type of website is your dh building? By that I mean is it a personal one or for work?
My website was uploaded this morning, when I checked with my server (as the administrator) the files are there but when you look on the web for my site the 'place holder' page is still there Very confusing! Of course it is Saturday and I cannot contact anyone by phone.
DH is more interested in getting the camper ready for our trip so I will just have to wait but it is getting close!
The book dh brought back from Sydney is just amazing, the author is so clever with all her photo restoration work. He also bought back a couple of digital photography magazines as well.
I had better be nice out camping

Ann especially for you I have attached another bevy of beauties! It is called romance

Thanks all for your good wishes for my camping trip. See you all next week on my return.

Cheers
Maria
Old 08-30-2003, 12:22 PM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

Real cuties. Are these the big beautiful models? Have a great camping experience.

Hi everone. Hope your Labor Day weekend is a good one, Ann
Old 08-30-2003, 02:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

I should pal with these girls! I'd look thin next to them.

Happy Labor Day, all! I hope to be a better correspondent after the Holiday!

Marnie

Old 08-30-2003, 03:30 PM   #4  
Super Surfer

Hi everyone. I haven't been around this week, my Mom had a massive stroke on Tue morning. Life is at a standstill right now. She had a pretty good day yesterday, but today is not good at all. It's been 12hr hospital days for me. The doctor doesn't give much hope, we are just taking it one hour at a time. I haven't read the past posts, but I hope you all are having good days, give you loved ones a hug, leave nothing unsaid.
Old 08-30-2003, 05:49 PM   #5  

((((Trudy)))) so sorry to hear about your mom. This is so stressful for everyone. Sending you love and hugs.
Slavika give Trudy a hug for me. All the emails said Your Application, your details, or wicked screensaver. I didn't open any of them-Norton was scanning and said they were all infected. It just took so long to clear them out. I still one or two a day. I think my server should clear them before they even come into my mailbox. I don't know what fun it is for people to do this but I think they do it just because they can and also feel a little bit powerful.
Lily how did you like your new group? It's hard sometimes to change cause you feel so comfortable with the old. Visit any wineries lately?
Ann I bet your park is doing something fun this weekend. You are always in the middle of something. I imagine they miss you when you are on vacation.
Marnie miss seeing you.
Glenda sure been wondering what you have been up to.
Maria have fun camping. Are you roughing it and cooking over a campfire? lol
We will be clearing out the house for awhile longer. The "cousins" are of little help. They sit there and sort of watch. I am probably getting a little bossy-imagine that. It will eventually work out.
We are having a quiet holiday weekend-going out tomorrow for a cookout and that is about it. The big doings here in town is the Riverfest with over a half million people downtown on the river for the fireworks. Been there and done that a few times. I can hear them from home and watch on tv. They last for about 30 min and are synchronized to music.
Have a nice weekend.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:14 PM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

Trudy: Love and hugs and many prayers for you and your family. I have been there, done that with my Mom, and know just how difficult it can be. Just feel all the love coming your way from us all. Don't let yoursself get too tired out. I know it is easy for me to say that, but not so easy to do. God bless. Ann
Old 08-30-2003, 08:25 PM   #7  

Trudy I just quickly came here before leaving.
So sorry to hear about your Mum.
Words escape me other than take care and make sure you also take care of yourself in this difficult time.
Like Ann I have also experienced a similar thing with my mother, however it does not make it any easier for you at this time.
Thinking of you and your family.........
Cheers
Maria
Old 08-30-2003, 10:01 PM   #8  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} Oh Im so sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts are with you. Hang in there, and know that we all all praying for her.
Do keep us posted. Im thinking of you. Its very hard, I went thru it with my mom. Please know if you need to talk or anything we are here for you.

Slavika: Give Trudy a hug for me. Im so sad for her.

Peggy: Today was my first day. Oh my goodness! I dont know what I got in to. I love the leader tho. But it was very hard work. We had 4 metings and 400 people walked thru the doorwithin 5 hours. Was hard but I still think Im gonna like it.

Maria: Make sure your first page is named index.html or index.htm , or index.shtml
One of those is your starter page right now and thats why it is still showing. But as soon as you rename the one that is meant to be the home page index it will work fine. Every home page must be named index for it to work properly. Then you can just point people to http//:mywebpage.com (or what ever) and it will point to it correctly.
Hope that helps!

Really rough day for me so Im off to watch a movie and have a glass of wine. I need it after today
Old 08-30-2003, 11:46 PM   #9  

Trudy, So sorry to hear about your mom. Remember we will all keep you and your family in out thoughts and prayers.

We are having a fun weekend so far. the Uncles are hear from the Minneapolis, St Paul area and one in from Kansas. They are camping out on some dark farm land so they can star gaze. DH and I were out there for a while tonight and had a look at Mars and were given a lesson on Stars and stuff. My uncles range in age from 55 to 72 and are what is known as geeks. How I wound up in this family I have know idea. But being they know so much it does make for and interesting evening. They had huge telescopes I mean huge

Have to go to a funeral tomorrow afternoon. A cousin of mine who had lung cancer passed away Wednesday night. He was 62 and one of those men who didn't go to doctors . When his wife finally got him to go he was in the advanced stage and it was too late. he did kemo more to prolong his life rather that destroy the cancer. I believe he lasted a little over 6 months from the time they found it. I was told he really suffered at the end and it was a blessing when he passed. I was not close to him or his family but he was my Mothers sisters oldest son so I will go for her. You know what I mean?

After that we will be going down to Sauk Rapids to have a look at my Sons house. He moved in today. Now I will find out what else he needs. We should give him a new house shower, is there such a thing?

We are having some very cool nights here in central Minnesota. There is a feel of fall in the air. The leaves are beginning to change and the A/C aren't running all the time. It is the season I love best. The only thing I don't like is what comes next.SNOW

Lily 400 people in five hours. OH MY goodness. I'll be you felt like you had been pulled through a knot hole when you were done!!!

Trudy remember we are thinking of you

Karen

Last edited by Karen L; 08-30-2003 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:36 PM   #10  
Life Time 2001

Karen: Sorry to hear about your cousin. Thats really sad when people dont go to the Dr until its to late. We have a Lady at work that is the same way. She said she knew something was wrong but didnt go until to late. I dont understand if you know something is wrong why not get it checked out?
I did feel like I was put thru a ringer. This leader really brings them in. He is very dynamic so I can see why.

Hope everyone has a great Labor day!
Old 08-31-2003, 10:29 PM   #11  

A man leader? What's that like?
Old 08-31-2003, 11:34 PM   #12  
Life Time 2001

Yep we actually have about 3 here. But this one is awesome.

First meeting 6:30 AM. HE opened the door walked out side (to about 50 people at that time) Out stretched arms, and said "Are you ready for Flex Points?" 50 people were cheering and I’m not kidding you. It was unreal. He really sold people on the calculator and the 12-week. We were sold out of both after 2 meetings. We sold 35 Starter kits in the first meeting. There was such a long line, he was handing them out to the people waiting in line and anything else they wanted.
It was unreal Karen. He is very dynamic and very to the point. He told people if you are going to use your 35 points in one day then go ahead. But use them 3 days before your WI.
He goes so over board with his people, he brings them 7 PT pizza that is suppose to be to die for.

At innovations, I was so shocked he didn’t go up and get the award for people losing 100#.
He said , "I didn’t do it, they did. "
He lost 125# himself.

Last edited by LilyG; 08-31-2003 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:05 AM   #13  

He sounds amazing. It sounds like his next step should be trainer. 35 starter kits! that is wonderful. I'm sitting here with my chin resting on my chest!!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 11:14 PM   #14  
Life Time 2001

Karen: his selling point on the calculator.
"Are you a night journaler? Gotta have the calculator. It allows you to put in a time you want to start your day. And it goes from there."
He actually applied for the Territory Manager position that was open. But he didnt get it.
He is amazing. He sold close to 3000$ That day. There was a 5th meeting and only 2 peope showed, free lifers and 1 walked out with a starter kit I told him I would be happy to do the tally on this last one

He is the Center Coordinator at this location. He told people if they wanted a calculator to add thier names to the list. We had 20 people on the list before all the meetings closed. Next shipment is gone before his week is over for sure.

Last edited by LilyG; 09-01-2003 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:25 AM   #15  

Lily, wow sounds like you are in great new meeting place. The leader sounds very dynamic and fun. I can see why there are so many people there.
Closed Thread