Old 01-03-2017, 09:47 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 215.8/215.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year, Turtles!
I was trolling about looking for the boards (active ww ones) and am happy to find you! I started on New Year's Eve - well, weighing in, going to the meeting, reading up, but I smashed through all the weekly points on NY day...However, yesterday went well, and I'm getting a sense of what my shopping list needs to look like. I can't afford bread that is 3 sp for one slice! I'm really enjoying doing fitbit challenges...I rarely take the lead, but it's a motivator for me. My 1 week weigh in is on Saturday, and I hope I can recoup the derailing NY start, but at the least, I'm starting to track and to get the shopping list in line. I return to work on Thursday and need to be armed with good food for protection...
Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy New Year~
KabukiKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:03 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Welcome Kabukikitty! I wish you well on your weight loss journey. I also do fitbit & find the different challenges really help to motivate me to get walking more.

All - Happy New year and lets make this a great year for everyone
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #18  
Chick

Welcome Kabukikittie,
You'll do fine. Keep using your fitbit and eating well and you'll get the results you want. We all eat more than we expect to from time to time. It seems to be part of the process, but you'll do fine. Thanks for chiming in and joining our group.

Gail, so good to hear from you. My holidays flew, and now we're getting back to routine here. Planning a movie marathon on Sat. with kids and grandkids so that should be fun.

Wishing all the turtles : and for all our efforts.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/183/170 and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 215.8/215.8/165

Thank you for the welcome~ I am adjusting to SP and think it will work...but really miss the message board option online. Glad you are here!
KabukiKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:32 PM   #20  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Yes, we are so glad to welcome Kabukikittie to the Turtle group. Hey gals, I did well over the holidays in my mind. I'm only up a little over a pound and today has been great. I have some foods cooked ahead and that always helps. Tomorrow my little family is getting together to have a movie night here. My dh and I will have dinner ready.............meatballs and pasta for them and chicken and veggies for me. Then for snacks, I'll have air popped popcorn and a small portion of candy. it'll be fun and my "treat" for the week.
Kabukikittie, how are you liking the SPs? A lot of my friends at WW's find it a bit tricky at the start, but honestly once they get into the swing of things and avoid most added sugars and even the saturated fats they see lovely weight losses.
Gail, how are you doing?
All well here. Snow coming in again, but today's wasn't much of anything.
Sending : to all and for keeping this turtle group up and running.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/184/170 and thinner
Old 01-11-2017, 02:29 PM   #21  

Hi turtles - hope you are keeping warm wherever you are. Up here it has been really cold, but suppose to warm up abit.

Judy - I am fine. My apartment is all done & have stocked my fridge & cupboards with mostly healthy food & did some cooking over the weekend, so have leftovers
for me during the week. We will all have a family dinner together on Sundays and then do our own thing rest of the week, unless something special is going on or
my son-in-law is away from home working, then I will have dinner with my dd & grandsons. So far working out good & have less goodies downstairs with me.

I do have some dinners out planned & that is a challenge for me usually. I try to make healthier choices but sometimes doesn't work out - tonight meeting friends at Chinese place,
so that will be tricky.

I was down 1# last week at my weigh in and kept off the 2# I lost before Christmas over the holidays, so was really happy with that.

Still getting in my walks & I also purchased a "Simply Fit Board" which I seen on TV. You stand on this thing & twist & let me tell you, it is harder than it looks.
So I need to practice that & then get into a routine of doing 30 minutes a day which is my plan.

All - hope you are all doing well with some pre-planning and exercise.

Gail
Old 01-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #22  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Oh, I saw the Simply Fit Board. It looks like fun, but not all that easy. So glad you, jGail, are giving it a try. You sound so organized and ready to hit goal this year.

I gave away my scale. It was a tough decision, but since when I lost weight I felt I could indulge a bit, and then when I didn't lose weight when I'd expected to, I'd eat out of frustration. I am working very hard on breaking lifelong habits that encourage me to eat when I know, weight wise, it doesn't work out at all.

Eating more protein and slowing up the carbs. I know this works for me. I am losing weight.

Gail! I think it is amazing that you lost a pound and kept off your pre-holiday weight loss. Honestly, you're doing great.

I WI on Fridays now, so I'll write and letyou know how I did this year. I gained just about 2# over the holidays. They didn't go quite as smoothly as I would have liked, so I have to rethink what to do for next year when our family gets together. Not as easy to "manage" as when the kids were young and not married. I'm sure you all get what I mean.

Okay, sending : to all as we go into January and pursue the challenges that mean the most to us.

Good luck
Judy
Itryharder,
234.6/185/170 and thinner
Old 01-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #23  

Hi turtles - hope you all had a great weekend & back on track (if you fell off)

Judy - I think the Simply Fit Board will be helpful once I get into a routine of using it regularly. I need to put it where I can see it then will be more likely to use it.
Goal is to get up to 30 min/daily with it but for now have to do it in small doses - as I said, harder than it looks and easy to lose your balance, so have to work on that.

Made beef dinner last night for everyone & since I had my oven going I cooked a whole chicken and large piece of peameal bacon to have on hand. So my meat for supper is done
for during the week & tonight I will make rice & brussel sprouts to go with my chicken. Planning ahead really helps me stay on track.

Went to see Hidden Figures & that was a really good movie. Love the true life stories.

Judy - I know what you mean about staying on track with family/friends over. I find if there are a few dishes that I don't feel quilty about that helps & then just a small portion of the
extra rich stuff as a treat. But it is hard when so many temtping things are everywhere you go.

Now with all the calorie counts being shown that may make eating out choices abit easier. Last week at subway I ordered a roast beef sub instead of cold cut combo and it was 220 calories
less. And it was same size so just as filling.

All - stay warm.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #24  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Gail, good to hear you're all prepared. It helps so much.
I made eggplant slices topped with sauce, tomato slice, mozzarella and a sprinkle of parm. Broiled the eggplant first to get it soft, then placed the other ingredients on top and baked for about 10 minutes to melt the cheese. Made a large eggplant and had enough for two good sized lunches and a snack.
Also, made Marsala chicken which is also good.
coat chicken cutlets (thin) with mix of white and whole wheat flour and pepper. Saute in a pan sprayed with Pam for 2 min. per side. Put aside,. in same pan cook up a mix of sliced mushrooms, onion, and parsley. Add 1/2 cup broth and 1/2cup marsala wine. Scrape up pan bits. Then return chicken to pan to continue cooking. Depending on how thick, another 5 min. should do it.
I found this to be so tasty . Hope someone tries it and likes it.

Our snow is gone again and we're getting lots of rain right now. Good for the flowers, right? lol
Things going well here. Looking forward to my WI and I hope to be down a pound or so. I really want to reach goal this year and although it is a high challenge, it is also doable as long as I keep on keepin' on. I gave myself a challenge of 2 weeks of not bingeing regardless of the emotional challenges and activities that hit me. I had 8 days going well and then just like that a million things happened at once and I found myself eating. Now, if I had gotten rid of the banana bread, I would have been better off. As it turned out, I did get rid of what was left even though my dh likes it. He doesn't need it either and it is a trigger food for me.....................first of all it is delicious and second of all it reminds me of my mom making it and sends memories to me.

Okay, enough of that. Anyone ready to chime in again? Let us know how you're doing. How can we support you? What might you be interested in. When I hear problems, I apply the answers to myself and it helps my weight loss journey.

Best of everything to all!
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/185/170 and thinner Goal to lose 15# and keep them off and eventually get to 150# or less. Not that huge a challenge, so I really want to do this!
Old 01-24-2017, 06:53 PM   #25  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I stayed the same at my WI. I was disappointed, but because I had stepped up my exercise level I am hoping it was just a silly thing like retaining fluids in my muscles as I weighed in. Trying hard this week again and I got on the 4x this week. Looking to a good WI on Friday.
How's everyone doing?
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/185/170 and thinner Really need the scale to move downward. Enough of this! :
Old 01-25-2017, 09:20 AM   #26  

Hi turtles - Judy, staying same is better than a gain - it will show up at the scale next time. Keep up the good work.

Your recipes sound really good, nice changing things up abit.

I was up 1# last week at my Tops but I wasn't surprised - had a few dinners out. So have been better this week & hoping to be down tomorrow.
Still getting in my walks and slowly increasing my time of the Simply Fit Board.

Making zucchini noodles tonight with a beef/hot sausage mixture with spaghetti sauce & wil have abit of parm cheese, so looking forward to that.

For lunch today I made a nice greek salad and brought some fresh shrimp with cocktail sauce.

All - hope everyone is doing great and getting in some exercise. Have a good week & pop in when you can & let us know how you are doing.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:30 PM   #27  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Hi Gail! Hope your WI went well. :
I lost a pound this week. Happy about that since I am back to the weight I was right before I went on a silly binge and regained 7#. Have a lot more to lose, but now every pound lost gets me closer to 172#, the lowest I have been in about 2 years.
Sending : to all.
If you're reading this, stop in and say hello.

Best of everything,
Judy
Itryharder
235.6/185/170 and thinner
Old 01-31-2017, 02:02 PM   #28  

Hi turtles

Judy- I was down 2# last Thurs at Tops but the weekend was not so good, but got back on track Mon a.m. so hoping to be OK this Thurs on the scale.

Tonight going to Boston Pizza with the ladies but have looked online for lower calorie options and leaning towards chicken fingers with Caesar salad (total 640 cal)
Almost everything else is super high in calories (rib dishes all over 1000 just for the ribs)

Still getting in my walks & doing my simply fit board when watching TV (only in small doses, keep losing my balance) Anyway, not giving up.

Judy - congrats on your weight loss this week!

Gail
Old 02-11-2017, 08:49 PM   #29  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Gail, congrats on such a good weight loss. It's easy to slow a weight loss when you are so sociable but you have to have a life, right?
this week I broke thru that "magical number" that I had been stuck at for so long. I really applied myself and shuffled up my eating times by eating dinner later therefore avoiding that later snack after dinner. REally proud that I lost 2.6# this week and really want to keep up this focus. A few more pounds and I'll be in a new decade. Also Gail you got me encouraged to get in some exercise and I have been on the 4x a week. I don't think I'll push it past there, but I'll see how I feel.
Wishing all the turtles the best. Gail, I'm sorry I let so much time go by before I wrote again. I get crazy busy, but I am sure that's true of everyone.

If you're reading this, chime in and give us some tips.
Judy
Itryharder
235.6/182.6/170 and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 02-11-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:10 AM   #30  

Morning Turtles

Judy - you are doing so great. Keep up the good work.
I was up .25# last Thurs but down 1# the week before, so still doing OK and have been out a few times as well with the ladies.
So am fine with a little bump. But really trying hard this week. Got in over 23,000 steps over the weekend so was happy with that.

We spent lots of time outside yesterday clearing off cars & shovelling, shovelling, shovelling. So much snow - people were snowmobiling up & down
the street, everyone outside with kids & dogs & I did a big walk around the block which was lots of exercise making my way through the deep snow.
But lots of fun for everyone.

All - pop by when you can, miss all the tips and comments.

Judy - thanks for keeping me company on here.