Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 08:20 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default To - Two - Too - Tuesday

Gettting a little silly with the thread name, aren't I? Well, it's early. I've got a busy day so I thought I'd better get in here and post while I can.

Ladies, I had the most amazing class of my life last night, and not in the good way. This professor looked and sounded just like Victoria Jackson from Saturday Night Live, and she was just dumb. She kept stopping midsentence to say, "Sometimes I get confused." "Sometimes I get mixed up." "Sometimes I lose stuff." "Sometimes I forget stuff." I have no idea how this woman get her doctorate. Her syllabus was full of typos and misspellings, and we spent the first hour (YES< HOUR) of the class reading a three page syllabus aloud, word for word. Sadly enough, this is a graduate level course. Oh well, only 15 more classes to get through.

We have our big all district staff meeting today (250 teachers and 500+ aides locked in an auditorium for 3 hours), so I'll get lots of lesson planning and daydreaming done. I have my second class tonight for the first time, so hopefully that one will be a little more of an educational experience than last night's (although I have to say, it certainly was entertaining!).

Looking forward to hearing from all of you today! So let's make a question of the day:
Think about Superfriends, Bewitched,Wonder Woman, the Bionic Man/Woman I Dream of Jeannie, and all those shows...If you could give yourself a superpower (mind-reading, flying, superhuman strength, never needing sleep, being able to change objects into other objects, etc.) what would it be? I would have to choose the ability to teleport. Just twitch my nose like Samantha and I'm where I want to be, with no travel time. I waste so much time driving and traveling, it's insane! What would you pick? Yes, silly I know, but in a fun way!
Old 08-26-2003, 08:32 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Morning all,

I hope everyone is doing well today, the weather is cooling down here, so I am slowly starting to get my fall clothes ready (I have a ton of stuff I have to get dry-cleaned).

I found out yesterday that I qualify for a downpayment free mortgage from my bank yah, doubt I'll take advantage of it yet, but I might see how much of a mortgage I could get just for fun!

Laura: as for the second job, I am still debating it. I am getting a line of credit to cover my credit card costs (half the interest rate of my credit card, plus it would help me pay for all the stuff I need to do to my car, she's 5 years old, and paid for, but now needs some work.. still cheaper than buying and financing a new car). Regardless, I should be out of debt in about 6 months, but with another job, I wouldn't have to worry about paying for stuff around Christmas and the like. If I got a pt job though, it would only be until February or March... Enough time to pay off all my Christmas expenses. But yeah, I don't want to be exhausted all the time, or have people calling me to take over their shifts all the time either (which tends to happen).

Kim: your sister is a massage therapist? That's awesome! Wish her congrats!

Angie: ouch, you worked this weekend? That must be pretty tough, at least a long weekend is coming up!

Kierie: yeah I had the Cat Came back in my head all last week, although the people in that song were trying to get rid of their cat, while I want my cat to stay

Lori: Mommy and Me classes at the gym sound like a good idea... you get bonding time, exercise and you're setting a good example for your daughter.

Jayne: Glad the pg is going well.. yup, my bf's boss has an awesome boat. She has worked hard for it though, she sails it down to the bahamas every year and then goes up the east coast. Yeah, it is such a relief to find my kitty though, she's such a fun cat, though... still trying to convince my bf of that:P

Jen: that's true... I am just a little paranoid when my body feels out of whack though.

KT: I am okay on the tax front right now, since I was a FT student for half the year and still have a ton of left over tax credits from previous years. I also put money into my RRSP. But thanks for the advice I think this year though is the last year of the gst cheques gravy train, that's okay though.

Lynnie: how have you been?

Here's my novel everyone:P

Have a good day!

Ali
Old 08-26-2003, 08:38 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Jayne: I'd love to be a shapeshifter and transform when I want to
Old 08-26-2003, 09:03 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning! I had to leave early yesterday for a meeting so I have lots of responding to do

Humber and Kieri~ Although the planning portion of the wedding can be stressful it is also an amazing time that you may miss a little so try and revel in the moment. I promised myself I would not make it a stressful time in my life and believe it or not everyone tells me I was the least stress bride they'd ever seen. I admit though it did not come naturally I definitelly made an effort to stay sane! Good luck girls!!!

Laura~ I was the same way with my PT job. I was a stress ball and ended up in counseling (which ended up being a good thing) b/c I was so tired and ended up a bit depressed. Everyone is different though and I worked a LOT of hours at the 2nd job.

Ali~ Best of luck. Would you consider downsizing your Christmas. I have the past 2 years and people definitely understand.

Angie~ It sounds like Melrose Place! I hope that you don't have and AMANDA on your hands OF course if you didn't watch the show you may not know what I am talking about. My sister was actually obsessed with it!

Lori~ It sounds like you did so well during your pregnancy. I will have to look you up when I start TTC.

Jayne~ I would love to come and help you get your classroom together. I am actually jealous of you and DH. I should have been a teacher. BTW he had a great day yesterday and his only annoying class are the seniors which is expected. They think they are the stuff.

Jen~ You are so right about the panicky symptoms. DH and I are not TTC but since I was not sexually active before marriage I find myself paranoid every month. Oh and a girl at work suggested another reason my breasts might be sore Yes, it was a very embarrassingly painful moment for me OH well I am sure this was TMI but I hope you gals don't mind.

Kt~ George Foreman is my hero! You will love the grill. It makes life soooo much simpler.

OH and for the question of the day I would be Omnipresent. That way I could be at work working and umm lets see just relaxing too!

DS and I went to see Uptown Girls last night. It was good. Warning though I thought it was pure comedy and it wasn't . I would even go as far to say that it was a tear jerker. I finally grocery shopped last night so I decided with my whole grain, more fruit, 6 meals a day thing I am going to count points also for the extra accountability b/c I am sure that will boost the wt loss.
Well back to work!
Old 08-26-2003, 09:51 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kim - Have fun visiting with your sister!!!!!

Angie - Glad the new apt. is helping your social life. You sound a bit happier.

Kierie - Do tell us more about the bedsheet movie.

Lori - Feel better!

JenL - Hope the kiddos aren't sick any longer.

KT - I LOVE my George for exactly the reason you mentioned. Easier to cook 1 or 2 chicken breasts.

Ali - I know I sounded very negative about the 2 job thing yesterday and if you were contemplating it for an indefinite income boost, I still would be. However, planning on just 6 months to pay down debt does seem very doable to me.

Becky - How many credits would you need to get a teaching degree? You don't like your current job much and you have a strong idea of what you would be good at...why not look at how much schooling it would take?

Jayne - Are you serious? A graduate level prof who can't spell check her syllabus? Incredible! I must have missed the post on you going back to school. What are you getting a degree in? Or are these continuing ed. courses to keep teaching credentials?

Went to WI last night. Down 4.6lbs in 4 days. Can we say water weight? I'm disappointed in the flex plan. It is pretty much the way I've always done WW.

Update on the dress code at day job. The head of our department is switching our department from casual dress to business casual. It is going to be a long winter....I only own 2 pairs of pants and 1 skirt. And I HATE having to buy clothes when I'm losing weight.

Must work. Have a great day.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:59 AM   #6  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies

Nothing too much happening around here... just remembered that I take my test for a class I'm self-studying at work TOMORROW. So I hit the books last night, and fell asleep just like I always did trying to study in college! And it's HOT here, can't wait until this weekend when it's supposed to cool off.

Jayne - that class sounds like pure torture! If there's only 15 more left, how long is that a night?

Ali - Are you looking for a house then? although there is no way i am ready for that now, i get tired of throwing away money on rent every month!

Becky - Sorry didn't watch Melrose Place much! Now 90210 I was into, just didn't make the switch to melrose

As for superpowers, I do like your teleporting one Jayne - I get so sick of driving anywhere whenever I visit anyone back home! And with my neverending car problems, it'd make life a whole lot easier! Thought about going with mindreading, but then again, i don't think i WANT to know what everyone's thinking all the time.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:02 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Oh Jayne! Superhero stuff. I would just love to be the witch from Charmed that can freeze things and blow them up. Boss being difficult - zap - freeze him! Nasty customer - zap - blow her up!
Old 08-26-2003, 10:59 AM   #8  

Default Hmm, superpowers?

Can I have more than one? I'd like to be able to time travel so i can go back and finish things after wasting a day away!

Weighed in at home this am and am down 3 pounds! Don't know how! Oh well, I'll take it-I need to stop weighing myself every day though. My mini goal is to be at my pre preg wt by my 6 wk checkup which is in a month...7 lbs...hmm, we'll see. I'll probably go back to WW before that though....

Winter-WTG on the 4.6!!!

No time to reply to everyone right now-BBL
Lori
Old 08-26-2003, 12:31 PM   #9  

Hi girls!

I have been lurking, just not posting! Not much new. I had an amnio on Friday and I get to find out today what we are having. I am excited!

I just had my dr's appt yesterday, and I am only up 3 pounds from pre-preg and I am almost 1/2 done with the preg, so I am feeling good about that!

Last night's dinner consisted of: corn/cob, fresh cukes, fresh califlower and slices of tomato. Do you think I got my veggies in for the day???

Tonight is stuffed peppers....my MIL has a garden and is bringing me fresh veggies all the time, so I am always trying to think of ways to incorporate them into dinner. At least the fam is eating healthy!!

Oh, my superpower, would be teletransporting too. I would twinkle my way to a tropical island today. I would want magic powers in general.

Well, better get some work done before lunch. BBIAB.....
Old 08-26-2003, 12:34 PM   #10  
Running Babe

Howdy all,

just on lunch right now.

Laura: yeah I am just wondering if the extra stress is worth it though, I have my bf, family and friends to think about too.

Angie: No, I am not really thinking of buying a house, more due to the fact of my situation right now.

Becky: yeah I think I will downsize my xmas, I liked giving big prezzies before, but this year maybe I'll buy small things and bake or something.

Toodles

Ali
Old 08-26-2003, 12:56 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Tonya: Good to hear from you! Your dinner sounds good, I am thinking of doing chicken drumsticks with corn on the cob this evening, the bf is coming over, and I want something quick to cook up... Maybe a salad or broccolli on the side too.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 08-26-2003, 01:12 PM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Kim - are you going to see Buffy?

Wow there's lots going on - congrats to Lori and Tonya re: pg weight (ok, one is during, one after, but nonetheless!)

Jayne - your story re: class cracked me up! Oh my god was that ever funny!

Ali - re: second job - make sure it's worth it. I had 2 jobs on the go (38 hours/week at office job, 20 hours/week at waitressing) plus school and I was totally drained all the time. I felt sick and caught all the bugs that went around. And at the end of the day, for the couple of months ahead of the debt game it gotme, it was NOT worth it....BUT if the pros outweight the cons, then go for it. For me, the cons outweighed the pros (of course, I didn't quit the serving job - I kept going til I was close to nervous breakdown!!)

Hey Becky - I want to see that too - I'll probably end up renting it though...oh well.

Kier and Humber - I envy you! I always have ideas for my non-existent wedding. I think the planning, though stressful, will be a blast. Enjoy it!!

Laura - WOW good job on the WI. I am trying the new system this week. So far, so good. I think I prefer the subtracting as I really see how much I have left, but it's psychological I think. It really isn't that much diff - but did you see that Chocolate is LESS points now? I asked why and they couldnt' tell me...so who knows...

Hi to Angie and all the rest...~

Oh - superpower....transporting, I think....or mindreading...I don't know!! It's hard to choose JUST ONE...!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 02:05 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

telekeniesis - without a doubt. I would be able to levitate myself as well as other things and people. It would be so cool. I could make it look like I was flying. I've always wanted that power.
Jayne - Crazy that someone could get through their Doctorate and end up teaching and still have problems like that. I hope the rest of the classes go well.
Ali - I forgot you have the student tax advantage. I was hoping to go back in September but because I'm not, I had to make the contribution to my RRSP to save myself paying so much tax.
Becky - sounds like a great plan to lose. My sis saw the same movie and said she wished I had been there. I can't wait till I'm done work and can go to some movies again.
Laura - Great loss! WTG!!
Angie - I agree on the mind reading. I sometimes think of the trouble I'd get into if people could tell what I was thinking.
Lori - 6 weeks is not a whole lot of time, but you know that, make sure that little one is putting on what you are losing
Tonya - let us know what you find out!!
Hi to Belle and everyone else. I've got to get some of this stuff done, maybe I could use some Super Motivation to get off my butt and do my filing.
KT
Old 08-26-2003, 02:28 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Belle, that's too funny that you remember Buffy's name! No, it's not Buffy. It's my real sister Meredith, who on Thursday will almost be an official massage therapist! She still has to take her licensing exam. And you better believe that I'm getting a free massage while I'm there! (For anyone who's curious, Buffy is my super-thin, tall step-sister who I had a serious complex about when I was younger. We're two months apart, and needless to say, as a short, dumpy 13-year-old (at least I felt that way around her), I felt inferior. I call it the Buffy Complex. She's still thin, tall and beautiful, but I came to terms with it all a long time ago. Besides, I'm the one with the college degree, great career and fabulous husband. She's divorced with two kids and works as a bartender. But am I in competition with her? No way!)

Hmm ... super powers. Teletransport would be wonderful, but it would be pretty cool to read minds, too. Or I'd like the power to make myself thin.

Laura: What the heck is up with that dress code? Today, I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt, capris and my Birkenstocks! But I did another boat ride for my policing the water story this morning, this time with the Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries. Boy, has my job been tough lately!

Tonya: I second it: Let us know what you find out!

Ah, I want to respond to all but I'm afraid I'll get another assignment today if my editor catching me loafing and I have to get out of here at 6 p.m. to pick up my grandmother from the train station. (She's driving to Asheville with me.) I'll pop back in later if I can!
Old 08-26-2003, 03:06 PM   #15  

Just an update......

I am having a girl! Our 8 year old daughter will be very excited!!
Closed Thread