Old 07-09-2016, 11:19 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 262/216.4/150ish

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! I'm making a change from a combo of South Beach and Reboot with Joe to WW SP. I've done WW many times before but had extreme issues with playing the system and eating lots of low fat - high sugar foods that stalled my success. I'm hoping that SP is enough of a move into eliminating the sugars that it will work for me this time. I'm definitely a turtle when it comes to weight loss so your group name really appealed to me.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!
gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Welcome aboard, Gabbs!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:34 PM   #18  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Gabs! we are turtles and we do our best. Yeah, I get it. I "outsmarted" the points plan all the time and who was I really outsmarting?
It is possible to outsmart the SP on WW's, but you can't do too much harm as long as you stick to lean protein and the SP for the day. Wishing you the very best.

Mini-are you moving closer to your grandson? Where are you moving to? Best luck with us and WW's after what sounds like a tough winter.

Gail, so glad to hear you've lost so much weight this year. I check your scale at the bottom of your signature, but I didn't realize it was moving.

Things good here. Weight up and down depending on the demands of the day. Dealing with dh health issues, but I think they will pass.

Okay, talk soon and good luck to everyone.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/185/170 and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 199/198/126

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

I am back on WW after years away. I am 42 and currently about 60-70 lbs overweight. I could have earned a PhD in weight loss as an academic endeavor, but I've struggled always to apply it to my own life. When I did WW in the past, I lost weight eating nutritionally void foods. I'm looking for a real lifestyle change this time...I am no longer interested in diets that promote a specific brand of food or don't allow me to eat out reasonably (I travel TONS for work). I'm ready for real food most of the time...easy microwave meals some of the time...healthy on-the-go options some of the time. I need to know I can lose weight and keep it off permanently. So here I am.

I am using a free app to log and count points & am doing the program without meetings for now. I can't spend money on another program or plan right now. That said, I do want to have a space to be among others who are supportive!

I'm doing "Points Plus" right now...excited to get more fruits and veggies back into my diet & try some new recipes...and up the exercise!

It's time to do this!
Goddessmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #20  

Hi turtles

Welcome Goddess to our group, chime in when you can & keep us up to date on your progress. New recipes and tips are always appreciated.

I have been on/off ww for some time and am basically following Points Plus. I no longer attend meetings but have all the information. I go to Tops for weekly accountability and support.

Judy - how is your week going?

I did stand up paddle boarding last weekend for 1st time & that was fun. Abit hard than it looks. For me starting off kneeling was a hard on my knees but once I got going it was good.

All - stay cool
Old 07-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #21  
Chick

To Goddess. If you're looking for support you've come to the right place.
Gail and I have kept each other company on this site for ages. We are so happy to have Dee back and chiming in and now you and Gabs have joined us. Let us know about yourself and how we can help you out. You'll be giving us great ideas too and that's how we keep going. I am a retired elementary school teacher and I have also taught home economics. I have struggled with my weight for so long. Right now i am 15# lighter than I was last July and I'm considering that good. I have tried all programs, but continue to come back to WW's for the friendships I have formed over the years. I want to reach goal this year but to do so I have to handle my dealing with life a bit better. things are looking up now, so onward and downward! i do attend the local WW mtg. Even though it is expensive, I find the meeting very helpful to keep me on track. Had some tough times with health for the last month or so, and I would do well with food for 3 days and without any warning I would find myself overeating again. Hope this isn't TMI, but I aim to do the best I can and keep on keepin' on. I like to us on and I say to you for joining. We're free!!!! lol

Okay, enough nonsense from me. All the Turtles, do the best you can, move on to the next day and never give up.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/187/170 and thinner
Old 07-27-2016, 02:00 PM   #22  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Ooooops, I gained .8# today...................thats' not the right direction. I still need to stay on top of things and disallow small stupid events to trigger binges.

Well, onward and downward. How are you all doing and what do you find helpful in the summer?
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/186/170 and thinner
Old 07-28-2016, 10:16 AM   #23  

Morning turtles

Has been really hot up here & yesterday we had a much needed downpour - so no complaints. I like the heat and know that before we know it, the cold will be back.
So enjoying all the heat I can.

Busy weekend coming up. Since I dont' work Fridays I have a 4 day weekend, so that will be nice. Heading to trailer for some of it & have a pool party in town on Sunday.
So that will be lots of fun.

For me to stay on track, I need to PLAN ahead & have some "go to" foods on hand. I find pre-cooking a few OP mains really helps and just need to add some side veggies.
Plus having ingredients for my big salads for lunch & add some kind of precooked protein (beef/chicken) or sometimes I make up a bowl of tuna salad and add that on top of salad.
Egg salad in celery is also great even for breakfast.

Today for breakfast I had toasted tomato & cheese on small whole wheat bread. Got this bread in bakery section and it is 140 cal for 2 slices and just big enough for nice sandwich. Not too thick.

All - hope you are staying on track, drinking your water and getting in some exercise. For me, still walking & getting in some swims when I can.

Take care
Old 07-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #24  
Chick

Gail, great message!
You've got me encouraged, so I'll make this short and get on the treadmill. Have a great weekend. Sounds like fun.
I'm heading to Lincoln Center in NYC over the weekend to see the Toronto Ballet perform. Love the ballet! Talk soon.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/187/170 and thinner
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 211.2/194.8/170

Height: 5'10"

*waves* Hello turtles!

My name is Tracy and I too have been on WW a few times with success, then went on my own ..... well, you know the story. Semi-discipline and too many nibbles here and there.

So after a co-worker rejoined and told me about the 30% deal, I rejoined on Wednesday and am ready to get down to my goal weight again!

I see y'all are very friendly, supportive and genuine. I love that. And I would love to be considered in your group.
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:31 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 275/269/145

Height: 6'0"

Hello Turtles! I have just rejoined WW. I have a long road ahead of me and I would love to check in on the forums here. The WW forums have somehow managed to get worse than when I tried the program 2 years ago.
charliebear99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:15 AM   #27  

Morning turtles & a big welcome to our newest members Bucky and Charlie - hope you enjoy our group.

Haven't been doing great with the eating over the last few days - but still getting in my walks. So need to get back on track today for sure.

Busy time of year for everyone - lots of get togethers which is fun but harder to make the wisest choices when tempted with yummy goodies.
This past weekend I overdid my carbs with too much bread & pizza.
So no surprise my scale was way up this a.m.

All - hope you all have a great week & pop in when you can. Love to hear how you are doing and maybe some menu tips/recipes.

Gail
Old 08-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #28  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Had my daughter in law and grandkids here for several days. Nice visit, but foods very tempting.
Gail, glad to hear you're doing well.
Here's an oldie but a goodie for lunch or a lite dinner:
box froz. spinach
chopped onion
tomato sauce (any type)
ff mozzarella cheese
parm cheese
lite bread

Mix spinach, onion, and tomato sauce in pan and saute until cooked thru.
Place on top of lite bread (depending on the bread's density you may want to toast it first_
add shredded cheese and parm to top of spinach mixture and microwave it to melt the cheese.

Few calories...............few points and tasty................as far as exact amts., I say to use the amt.s you want and you can figure it from there. 1/4c. ff mozzarella is only 1 point and the parm is (I think)) 2 T. 1SP.

I have found a bread I like and you might want to try. The easiest way to get it is online from:
Joseph's Bakery
It is an oat, flax, and wheat pita for only 60 calories/pita and it counts out to 1 SP. Handy for the above dish and also making your "pizzas" with. Also good to toast up and cut into individual pieces to dip low cal dips. Just a thought.

Much luck to all who read these posts. we can do this!
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/192/170 and thinner
Old 08-17-2016, 03:09 PM   #29  
Chick

Much luck to all the Turtles,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the ones browsing and the ones chiming in.
I lost a pound this week and I seem to have stopped the gain.
Best of luck to all! :
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/?/170 and thinner
Old 08-18-2016, 03:30 PM   #30  

Hi turtles

Judy - congrats on your weight loss! Keep up the good work.

Busy times up here - going away next 2 weekends & still working on our renovation. Kids have been away at cottage all week so
kind of nice to have some extra "me" time and have made good use of it.
Also won $1,000 at bingo Tues night so that was great.

Still getting in my walks and eating as usual is challenging and doesn't get easier with being away from home. Although now there are always healthier choices, it is just up to
me to make them.

All - hope you are doing great & chime in when you can.

Gail