Old 05-20-2016, 04:37 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #298: Bale of Turtles Working on Goals!

We are the Turtle Group here at WWW.3fatchicks.com. We
welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race betweeen the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:38 PM   #2  
Chick

Okay, new thread, new start. We can do this! We are doing this!
: :
Judy
Itryharder
Old 05-31-2016, 10:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles - nice sunny day & actually on the hot side for us at this time of year, but not complaining - like the heat.

Trailer all opened, grass cut - staying on track for the most part & getting in my walks. So all good.

How is everyone else doing?

Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:46 PM   #4  
Chick

GAil, so glad you're doing well. I tried my very strict diet regimen again, but couldn't do it. Isn't this what happens? Try something new. It works. Then it's too hard to keep up, so I quit. Go back to it once I regain weight, and I can't get back on track.

Three days ago I started counting Smart POints and find I have been able to make it work. Wish me well since I really want to lose this weight and reach a comfortable goal this year.

Sending : and good wishes to the Turtles. I see a lot of people are reading us, so it would be lovely to hear from some of you. I know keep on keepin' on is something we have said for years now and I know it's true. With all the challenges I've faced since 2000, I have never given up. Sending to all of you on this weight loss quest.........................and stop in and say hello when you have a chance. Gail and I would love it!
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/185/170 and thinner I have to find out if I can set my own goal weight. Wishing you all the best.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:55 PM   #5  

Hi turtles - lovely weekend up here except for some rain yesterday. Spent most of it at trailer & got in 2 big walks along the lake which was really nice.

Have my PRD convention this week starting Thurs til Sat evening, so looking forward to that. The speakers are always really good. Just the kind of motivation we need halfway through the year.

Judy - Hope Smart Points is working better for you & you are right, that extreme dieting just doesn't work for long. Keep up the good work.

All - post when you can.

Last edited by bandit2; 06-06-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:13 PM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Sending : to all and Checking in here is encouraging to the others and also helps keep yourself on track.
Gail, enjoy the convention. You always come back with a great attitude.

This has been a good week for me. I counted the SP. On Saturday I attended a baby shower and later that night my family and I went to a restaurant we've been meaning to try. Food was delicious and I needed to go into the extra points for the week. The scale ordinarily would have reflected a gain from the eating out even though I was careful. I hope to be fine by tomorrow's WI. I'll let you know how I do.

Have a great week, and chime in when you can.
Itryharder
Judy
234.6/185.8/170 and thinner
Old 06-08-2016, 04:45 PM   #7  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Had my WI this morning and I stayed the same. I tracked all points and did well, but the eating was high on Saturday. I bet my weight will be better tomorrow which is fine since then I'll have a good WI next Wed.

Sending : to all. Chime in when you can.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/185.6/170 and thinner
Old 06-20-2016, 09:47 AM   #8  

Happy Monday, everyone

I also stayed the same at my weight in last Thurs & was OK with that since I stayed in hotel 2 nights at my PRD convention, was great as usual.

It is so hot up here (suppose to be 34C today, which is hot for us) Was at my trailer Sat overnight with friend & had a good time. Got in a big walk along the lake
& there were lots of geese which are fun to watch.

Judy - good job staying the same & tracking your points! Keep up the good work

Stay cool

Gail
Old 06-21-2016, 11:53 AM   #9  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
: to all who check in.
Gail, glad you had a good time. Walking along the lake sounds good.
I am getting on my this week. Lots of things going on here that I have to take care of, but honestly nothing is more important than getting fit and eating well.

Lots of and to all the turtles who have been here for so long. Best wishes.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/???/170 and thinner
Old 06-29-2016, 03:15 PM   #10  

Hi turtles - board has been quiet again. Hope everyone is doing well on their weight loss journey.

Extra long weekend up here, so looking forward to having some rest time. Weather has been lovely.

All - take care & chime in when you can.

Gail
Old 06-29-2016, 07:45 PM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles and especially Bandit. We also have a long weekend in the states. Enjoy your time with your family and grandchildren. Such fun.
I had a good week but what it accomplished was getting off the weight I put on when I overindulged thinking about a lot of emotional stuff...............Do this much too often, but I have a feelling many of us do the same. Great week. I also came up with some very low Smart Point menus that work for me right now.

Leader suggested cutting up a watermelon and pineapple to have in the fridge for when the urge for something sweet and cold hits us. I did that and it was a lifesaver. Also, I put 1/2 bananas on sticks and freeze them for a dessert. No fooling...............it is NOT ice cream................lol..............but it is cold and sweet and I like it a lot.
Good for that time of night when you "know" you are done eating for the day.............but your mind doesn't know it. Also, I tried this and it worked out fine. I love potato rolls and they are 4 SP. That's a lot if you want to do anything with it. I put 2 egg whites on it.............like a McDonald sandwich...............and the whole sandwich was the points for the roll...only 4. Of course I could have also put a slice of ff cheese on it for a spiffier sandwich and it still would have been only 4 SP. Also, I cooked up 5 drumsticks in my crockpot pouring on the old WW BBQ sauce of Diet Cola and ketchup............and honestly it was good, and again, the drumstick without skin is 1 SP. Handy to have in the fridge when I didn't have lots of time to prepare food this week. Don't forget the 96% fat free chopped beef for 4oz. serving is only 2SP which I think is a huge bargain.
I hope these ideas help. If any of you are out there, please post some of your favorite recipes or ideas. We can use all the help we can get.
I have lost almost 50# and would love to get down to 60# lost by the end of the summer. With diligence, I can do that. It works when I work it.
Keep on keepin' on!
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/185/170 and thinner
Old 07-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #12  
Chick

HI Turtles,
SAW a great fireworks display at a park last night. Stayed OP and feeling good about that. Trying to focus and stay with the progra,.

: and for everyone toward a :
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/185/170 and thinner
Old 07-03-2016, 06:11 PM   #13  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi strangers Judy & Gail
I decided to take a break from sorting things for a pre-moving garage sale & I saw our Turtle thread in the New Posts so I had to say 'hello & Happy July 4th' to Judy. Gail you'll have to give us info when your country is having a holiday

I was MIA for most of this year from 3FC. I just returned about 2 weeks ago after having 2 months of occupational therapy for my right hand & I'm right handed of course & I was told because @ my prognosis to begin being a lefty now.

I gained pounds over the winter & then w my hand/wrist pain since 2016 began, gripping anything has been impossible to exercise, so I started walking w my Fitbit to get my 10,000 daily steps done & my right knee is now screaming on long walks so I lowered my daily steps goal to 7,300 & anything over is a bonus for me

I'm thinking about joining WW online because I don't have time to drive to town for meetings this summer. I'll chat more w you in my next post

I hope you'all are having the kind of summer that you really enjoy
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:42 PM   #14  

Hi turtles - hope you enjoyed this past holiday weekend, I know I did.

Judy - great tips for staying OP & I love the ww diet cola/ketchup recipe (I use that on chicken thighs, then serve some whole grain rice to go with the sauce, excellent dinner)

Minidoodles - thanks for chiming in. I also have a fitbit which I really like and try to get in the 10,000 steps daily. Some days it just doesn't happen, but always exciting when I
hit that point. I find it a real motivator for getting in my walks.

My weight is still up/down but overall I am down 11 # from Jan 1st. My goal this year was to drop 16# - so on track with that.

With our tops group, we have set a goal of "maintaining" over July/August so for some that would take some of the stress off when there seems to be more potlucks, bbqs and soial
get togethers. So will see how that goes - although it is always great to lose some weight.

All - drop by when you can & keep up the good work.

Gail
Old 07-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #15  
Chick

Hi turtles,
Mini, so good to hear from you! KEEP chiming in.............you are inspirational.
Gail, holy moly...............youre' doing great. keep up the good work. THIS isn't a sprint, it's a marathon, right? You are : and all at once. Yay.

things a little tough here right now, but I know people deal with so much more. I had gotten myself back on track but things at home were tough and I went off track for 4 days..................much too long................but I am on track today. thought I'd help myself to a Klondike bar but miraculously i pointed it out first and found out it was13 -14 SP.................vcertainly not worth it. Food has been good today and I am not going to spoil it over a stupid bar.............and that explains how i gained so much so quickly. On the other hand, it will come off quickly too as long as I stay on track.

So good to see you both here. : to all of us. Let's do this!
Judy
Itryharder
2346./185/170 and thinner