Old 11-18-2015, 05:07 PM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Dee, are we supposed to write new daily challenges? Are they cumulative or are the ones you listed above what we'll do for this week? Glad you've got this down pat. Thanks for the inspiration.

I gained .8# today. That was my first gain in the last 20 weeks. My doctor who is also monitoring me said that when you have a cold, your metabolism gets thrown off and he told me I'm doing fine and not to worry about it.

Cherry, sorry to hear about migraines. I hear they are fierce. So glad to see you here. On the days you can, do our challenges. Dee is making this a lot of fun and Gail and I are posting and kicking everything in gear. Glad to have you with us!

I want to change mine from writing down snacks to: walk up and down stairs at least 5X daily. Dee, will you change it for me.

So far I haven't danced, so I will do that as I vacuum my rug. Also, I need to get out my hand weights. haven't used them in ages and this is a great challenge. So far I walked on for 30 minutes and I had an apple.

I don't know how to do emoticons, but if you tell me, I'll "Like" this, since I do!

Have a great day. My plan is to lose a full pound this week. : to all.
Judy
234.6/175.8/170 :Cool:

Last edited by Itryharder; 11-18-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #17  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

I lost my post my Dh was being a grouch & he grabbed my laptop

Judy, I'm sorry about your gain but I know u will have it gone @ your next WI our daily challenges will help us all to have a better weight & muscle strength as winter comes back, not regaining pounds.
No, we won't add on-to this list again unless we get new ppl or Amby comes back to us & we add-on their goals for us. We want to keep this easy & enjoyable by not having it be time-consuming.

You'all have Good Ideas for us to do daily, so I think we have a nice list of challenges for us to do through Christmas. We could make a new daily challenge list after Christmas or if anyone has another idea to keep us healthy & our weight from going up this winter pLease don't be shy tell us.

Gail, Do Canadians do Thanksgiving dinner also? I think you have some different holidays than the U.S. does? Thank You for wishing us a Happy Thanksgiving.

I thought of our daily challenge list because of winter coming & my carbs, sugar cravings beginning because of the cold; like we want to eat like bears hibernating. Plus needing to keep our muscle strength strong & balance good so we don't fall down on snow-covered ice & break something I no-longer ice skate or downhill ski anymore, I just walk outdoors & snowshoe when the temps are nice. I hoped that you'all would like to do this too & that we faced similar problems.

I am soo happy that we are doing this together, Thank You

Incase everyone didn't read Judy's last post she made a change 'from writing down snacks to: walk up and down stairs at least 5X daily'. I'll fail this change because I don't have any stairs @ my home.
Judy, I'll have to do your original goal, 'writing down my snacks' & that will help me to see what I'm eating wrong & will improve my snack choices

miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:57 PM   #18  
Chick

Gail, thanks for the Happy Thanksgiving wish. I hope you had a nice one. I think that was your holiday weekend., right?

Dee, this is such a good idea to do the daily challenges since my sugar cravings are kicking back in again and my eating has been a little too haphazard. I do Simply Filling and can get away with a few blips here and there, but if the blips happen too often, I won't lose weight.

Today I had a frozen banana half for my fruit, walked on the , walked up and down stairs, danced a smidge, and curled with my hand weights. All good and fun to think about! I am going to start drinking more water tomorrow. The healthy fats in small amts. is a good one too. I am out of Diet Coke and am thinking of not replacing it in the house. We'll see because in the past it has helped me have a long drink rather than eating so it may still be better to have Diet Coke than eat at this point.

have a great day.
Judy
Old 11-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #19  
Sandee

Judy, What's 'Simply Filling'? We don't buy soda/pop for our home, we drink soda when we're gone instead of the nasty tasting water @ Fast Food or @ restaurant's. It's like a treat. I buy the big cup & load it half way w ice & then fill w soda/pop.

When I was a shift manager @ Burger King in 1990 I experimented & I came up w a delish substitute for cherry Coke that was too strong for me. We mix 2/3 diet Coke in a cup w ice, topped off w 1/3 of Dr. Pepper, it's soo yummy that my Dh always mixes his soda like that also instead of plain Coke or cherry Coke that he used to drink. I agree w you that drinking soda decreases our sugar craving for sweets & is healthier than candy bars, etc. How about when want a diet Coke, u fill half your cup w ice or just buy it when you're away like my family does. Begin a new routine w drinking 1 can daily w lots & lots of ice. Everything in moderation isn't bad.

I'm doing well w checking-off our goal list today; Now back to cleaning house & planning our supper.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:49 PM   #20  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
This daily challenge is wonderful!
Dee, Simply Filling is the newest name of Weight Watchers program wherein you eat only power foods until you are satisfied. Therefore you don't have to journal or weigh and measure foods since you are only eating leaner protein, low fat low sugar foods......most of which are not processed. If you were a WW'r awhile ago it is very similar to the Core program.

Because of Cherry, I made the switch to water today. I haven't had Diet Coke in the house for three days. I did buy a large one at a fast food drive thru, but I am really thinking of not replacing the household Diet Coke. Love the ideas to help out. Thanks. Because of Dee I am thinking about only having Diet Coke out. I'll let you guys know how I do.

Today I am meeting my challenges and before I sat down here I used the arm weights a bit. What a great idea.

Looking forward to being on track and getting more weight off.

How's everyone else doing? Dee congrats on your check off list! I did the myself again today, drank water w/add=in flavor, walked the stairs, and used arm weights. Would like to fit in dancing since that would be fun.

Talk tomorrow.
Judy
234.6/176/170 and thinner
Old 11-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Dee - 0ur Thanksgiving is in October.

I "turtled" this week at Tops so was happy with that with coming off holidays.
Got up again today & walked 24 min (around block 2 times) No dog today - kids are at cottage.

Judy - good challenge & where I work I go up a set of big stairs lots of times during the day, so can count that for my challenge.

All - lets do it!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #22  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Gail, glad you turtled this week at Tops. Weigh to go with getting up early and walking. that and the stairs will be great exercise.

I'm concentrating on our challenges. I had too little protein for lunch, so had a snack of some chicken. Think I'll postpone dinner since i'm not a bit hungry now. I would love to lose weight this week before our Thanksgiving.

: to us all! Dee, thanks for the daily challenge idea. It's working for me. Have a great day, all!
Judy
234.6/175.8/170 and thinner
Old 11-20-2015, 07:56 PM   #23  
Sandee

Hey you'all

Well it didn't rain, but the wind was cold today as I grocery shopped. Then when Dh came home from work we drove 40 miles to a Amish grocery store for some extra's. My container of dill weed from 2 yrs ago that I keep in my freezer finally ran out & the spices & seasonings from that Amish grocer are #1 quality. I could've had a heart attack when we read the price of the dill weed today, it's now, $22 a pound We'll compare it w other natural food stores & online. Now I know what we'll b planting next summer 'dill weed' & I'll use my food dehydrator for it.

Every challenge is checked off my list today except for Cherry's 'healthy fats'. I think I'll cook w a avocado this week for a 'healthy fat'. I wasn't home to cook anything w olive oil, etc. today. I wish I had some stairs to use, you girls r going to have really strong legs from using the stairs

Gail, You r doing so fabulous w your weight & being a turtle @ your WI. If I was on vacation & I came home I know that my weight would b up @ a WI, because I'd join the girls & indulge eating the same foods they ate/drank.

Judy, I'm proud of you for remembering to eat enough protein daily for good health & to lessen our sugar Monster cravings. I'm w you, I'd like to lose 1# before Thanksgiving so I can eat 1 serving of cheesecake @ dinner for my dessert, & a late afternoon snack, & again @ my 7:30pm snack

Girls, will u pLease say some 'healthy fats' besides olive oil & avocados that both of your diet clubs recommend. Thanks for your Inspirations!

Cherry & Amby pLease come back soon to us, you'all r missed here.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:08 PM   #24  
Chick

Healthy fats, grape seed oil, canola oil, I'll go online at WW's and see what else they offer, Dee.

Challenges good again today. So glad to have you guys chiming in as we make progress!!!
Judy
Old 11-20-2015, 09:15 PM   #25  
Chick

Dee, I checked online but didn't find what I was looking for. I have some books and I'll check them out tomorrow. IT's an easy question with an easy answer, I'm sure!
Judy
Old 11-21-2015, 09:08 AM   #26  

Dee - Avocados are good but I don't like the texture. Besides olive oil for cooking I sometimes eat a handful of unsalted almonds for a healthy fat.

Last edited by CherryAutumn; 11-21-2015 at 09:09 AM.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #27  
Chick

Cherry, so good to see you here. Sending : to you that the migraines go away.

Dee, I found the info. I was looking for. On WW's the "healthy fats" are considered to be: these are all oils
canola
flaxseed oil
olive
safflower
vegetable oil any kind
WW. asks us to consume 2 tsps. of healthy fat a day. It all needs to be counted if a person is doing points plus, and if you're doing Simply Filling the way I am, you get 2 tsps. and then after that you have to count it from the weekly allowance. Hope this helps. But regardless of how you use them, these are the fats considered by WW to be healthy.

Got on my and now we're heading to the mall. Cherry, so glad you mentioned drinking water since that is definitely a good "habit" I stopped. Glad you reminded me.

Everybody have a good day. Let's do this! Yes, I'm working on that pound for this week!
Judy
Old 11-21-2015, 08:06 PM   #28  
Sandee

Hello,
I'm sick today w a bad head cold So I didn't get our list checked off, but I plan to do it all tomorrow after getting better. I woke up from taking a nap just in time to see my university MSU, playing football game against OSU in Ohio & we won @ the last play Last year OSU ended our chance to the finals when we lost to them. So MSU needed this win.

Everyone knows where Gail & I live, where do you'all live? My family is from Charleston & dad moved us up to Michigan for his new job when I was little. It would b so funny if it turns out we r each others cousins here

Judy, Thanks for all the info on the recommended Healthy fats. I've used all of them before on your list except for Safflower. I have all 3 types of olive oils, including a canola blend w olive oil & plain canola oil that we use for frying. I have 3 pump sprayers on Amazon that I use w my olive oils, I'm like u, I don't want to eat more fat than my body needs.

Cherry, Walnuts, almonds & pistachios are nutritious nuts to eat & my favorite nuts; so u gave me a reason to eat more nuts each week. But my hubby is crazy about cashews because he likes their taste & texture. I like avocado's, especially all the different guacamole recipes I've eaten & salads they're in. Maybe a bad chef cooked your avocado wrong for u. Air can turn them brown like cutting bananas & apples & give them a slightly off taste. There r several ways to keep a cut avocado tasting yummy & from oxidizing depending on the recipe used.

I'm going to watch TV in bed on hubby's shoulder & sip some warm fruit tea & go to sleep early. We won't go to church tomorrow because of my cold. Oh, we got snow today & my grass is barely peaking through, very, very pretty our temps r in the 40's.

With God's BLessings to you'all Dee
Old 11-22-2015, 09:05 AM   #29  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Dee, feel better fast. At least you cozied up with your dh to get some rest.
I love your Thanksgiving characters. So cute!

Yes, I like avocado too. When I was eating sandwiches I would use a couple of slices of avocado as a replacement for mayonnaise. Delicious with a lite multigrain bread and turkey. It didn't save calories, but that fat was a "good fat". I've also indulged and put it into salads once and awhile. A real treat. Right now I'm letting the fat from my skinned chicken thighs be the fat I get. It's not healthy, but at least I know I'm getting some fat.

Oh, my background: I live in NY on Long Island. Long Island juts into the Atlantic. I am never more than 20minutes away from the ocean. Love living here. I went to college at the University of WI in Madison. My first job was on Long Island. I grew up here, moved around a bit with my family right through my teens, and ended up here where I met my husband and raised our children. That's it for me. Since I didn't like moving and leaving friends behind, my dh and I have been in this house for 48 years. We are celebrating our 50th. anniversary right after Christmas and the kids and grandkids will be here to help us enjoy the day. Whew.....that's a lot of information.

Yesterday I and then walked around the mall. Walking on the for these last couple of months is helping me build stamina because walking around the mall didn't bother me at all. That's a first!

Turtles, have a good day. Let's work hard to get off a smidge of weight before Thanksgiving since that is a challenge day, at least for me.
Sending : and God bless you all

Judy
Itryharder
Old 11-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #30  
Sandee

Good morning all I'm still sick & I have the energy of a turtle... pun, I'm not active I wish I could take a nap & wake-up well.

Judy, Wow going to New York has been on my list forever to see the Statue of Liberty in person & to go see some Broadway shows, but it probably won't happen because hotel $ rooms there to stay for a few days. When Martha Stewart was on TV I tried to get audience tickets & they were always gone, I still admire her many talents (were u ever at any of her shows)? I watch Rachael Ray now but its her 'guests' that keep her on TV that I watch it for; her screechy voice & rudeness interrupting her guests sentences r annoying. Me being 62 yrs in March, I have the old school manners. I had a retail job in the 1990's & a few college girls I worked with decided to drive to N.Y on Christmas break & thought they could b in some game shows & TV audiences' as stand-by's & they drove back home very disappointed when they found out that No shows were live during Christmas break, the TV shows had been taped for viewing already.

I Luv the water & I swim & kayak, it brings me peace & I feel the beauty of our Lord's creations; except for ocean sharks. When I was w my ex-husband & after he'd hit me & he left the house; I'd take my 2 little boys to town for a McD. Happy meal & then drive to a nearby park w a river & while they ate & played on the playground, I'd sit on the river bank & cry & pray for my husband to not hurt me anymore, to just love me. Watching the water gave me peace, hope & a closeness to God... I stayed w him until my sons were in high school to give them the financial needs I couldn't provide w/o their dad's income. After our divorce & when he started dating, then he went to counseling for his violence to remarry. He & his wife are very rude to me & blame me for his past temper outbursts. So now I walk away from him, like I should have done after the 2nd time he'd hit me, instead of being a young naïve wife needing her kids to have financial security.

Congratulations on your beautiful 50 year marriage Dh & I will have our 20 yr anniversary in March & always wanted a special trip to Hawaii or New York & we had a savings account for our 20th anniversary, but the debts from his cancer have burst that dream. If we ever get enough $ saved to drive to N.Y. I'll PM u & maybe u & your Dh can come meet us for lunch at a place u enjoy eating at

I have to go bathe & groom my 2 Doodle kids now, then do some housework. I here Dh watching a old TV western, so I'll ask him to help me do something. He won't turn me down because I'm still sick.

Good Luck w your goal list today & tomorrow we Are getting stronger & healthier every day! Don't forget to get your yearly Flu shot pLease, Dh got his November 1 & I'll get mine after my cold is gone.

Dee

Last edited by miniDoodles; 11-22-2015 at 01:39 PM.