Old 10-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Amby, wow!!!! Another weight loss. Look at how close you are to breaking into the 200's. Weigh to go. So proud of you. :

Bandit, yes, I remember the TOPS success. You're doing it now and I know you'll be successful. : for a great WI. You can do this!

I love this group is doing so well again. The cauliflower recipe seems like something I would like. Thanks for the recipe.

We live on the east coast of NY..........on Long Island. Hopefully the storm will not hit us.

Food is good today. My friend took me out to breakfast as a thank you for the meals I provided when she was recovering from hip surgery. It was so nice to sit and talk. I had an egg white omelet , dry, with mushrooms. It was good. Also got a flu shot and pneumonia booster at the drug store. All good. Why is it that I crave chocolate cake when the weather is iffy and a storm may land????? What is that all about?

Have a great day and a great week.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/183.4/182 and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:29 PM   #17  

Judy - Whoo Hoo! Congrats on hitting that 50 pound mark. I have seen you struggle and I gives me hope to keep on trying no matter what.

Amby- You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Bandit- We can do this. So glad you have the support you need at Tops.

MiniDoodles- Great to hear from you. What do you preferred to be called? I think I saw some call you Dee or would you prefer Mini or Doodles? Guess I'm confused.

I am still not making any progress but seeing all of your victories gives me hope. I guess part of my problem is I don't like to be told NO even from myself. I just want to feel healthy and to be happy with the choices I have made for the day. I am still going to keep trying.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #18  
Chick

Cherry, we all try every day. Guess what?? Some times we goof up. It's all okay. I am working really hard right now to lose weight. It took me since 2000 to lose the first 30# (up and down several times in there) and then I lost the next 20# since July 1st. Go figure.

Sending good vibes to all. Cherry, you'll make progress soon and the idea that you're here and wanting to do this is fabulous.

Itryharder
Judy
Old 10-02-2015, 06:49 PM   #19  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Happy Weekend my Turtle Friends

It's difficult to fathom our temps dropping 20* from last Friday when I was swimming in our pool @ 78* I hope that you'all aren't in the 55's like we have had since Monday.

Cherry, Yes my name is Dee, but everyone has to choose a name when we join & I have bred miniGoldenDoodles for +10 yrs, so I chose miniDoodles for my member name. Ppl see my name Dee @ my siggie sign-off & know who their talking with or they read our profile page. How's it going w the kids, because U homeschool when public schools start back does it affect U & the kids? If we move within 15 miles of my grandson (from my DIL's high school date getting pg @ 15 yrs) I'm going to offer to home school him w online courses, he's 14 yrs old/freshmen in public school & was diagnosed w autism/Asperger's @ 11 yrs old & we all thought he was just a quiet boy. When he was in the 6th grade he confessed that he was failing classes because bullies in his class daily had been taking his classwork & handing it in w their names on it since 2nd grade & about the boys & girls pushing/hitting/name calling & spitting on him in the hallways & playground. My son & DIL want him to know how to live in the Real world so my DIL kept him in public school. I live 65 miles north of them & have a college education & told my DH we r selling our home next spring to b closer to our grandson. Our DIL & my son have 3 younger kids together & those kids each have school & social groups they r into. So as the only grandparents wanting/willing to help her son, who is our grandson in every way that matters; I feel we r his best chance to learn to & gain his self-esteem to have a happy life & survive as a normal adult. So I get it about 'stress', because my mom lived w us & she was mean, my in-laws don't like me because I'm my Dh's 2nd wife, my Dh is in cancer remission, etc. I should b the size of a barn, if I allowed stress to make me eat stupidly. I have a routine, allowing myself 1 serving size of junk food whenever I want it once daily so I'll never binge eat (high sugar, salty, carbs or high fat foods), I eat 1-2 servings of healthy food @ each meal because I do know manyyyy fat vegetarians & vegans; overeating veggies & fruit is also unhealthy w sauces/seasonings,etc. I also eat a protein & fiber in every meal & in every snack to prevent cravings & that is how I keep my weight off w/o diets & weekly exercise. Chasing your kids daily would b like going to the gym daily

Cherry experiment w different tips until U find what works for U. I made a written contract to myself to lose my 20 pounds in 4 months mounted to my fridge door to face it each morning & I did Lose it in 3 months & I never regained it over 8 yrs ago & I still weigh myself every morning nude & log-in a notebook on my kitchen counter what I ate that day. If I have a 1 or 2 pound gain in a week over my 143 pounds, I won't eat salt in anything & I'll steam my veggies instead of roasting them w seasonings or I'll eat Less pasta/carb meals the next week. Soo enjoy your life & your family & play w your food until U find what works for U. Years ago I joined WW & went to 2 meetings, to see if their counting Points System was something I'd like, no it wasn't because I don't like dieting. But what I got from WW, was to stay w my 1-2 servings per meal routine daily that I did on my own when I lost my 20 pounds & sometimes I make WW appetizers & desserts from their website. Maybe U could give WW a try or try 'TOPS like Bandit attends' because she has actual fun w support during her weight loss meetings, you'd just have to visit a few of their Chapters to see which one U feel clicks w U, they r total opposites w the same purpose. I had friends that have gone to both places & successfully lost their weight. I'm sorry if I appear to sound like your 'mommy' w all my posting info. today, but I care about everyone...

Bandit Judy Amby Everyone is doing great & making good Progress

Cherry is next to Celebrate for w a Loss!
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #20  
Chick

Dee, keep on posting. I love it. You are so right about having enough stress in your life now and times past to be the size of the Empire State building!!!! But you set up a routine that works great for you and have maintained it over these years. Weigh to go!!! I love your ideas and suggestions and I'm sure all of us will find tidbits or more in every passage to work with.

Bless you for thinking so much about your grandson. This is heartbreaking to read about and I hope you are able to move closer and help this kid out since he surely needs some help.

Today is my and it feels good. I never thought I'd hit this age and it's weird to be this age and still think I'm 23. Lol. In any case, I had a great time with my daughters and a son in law and the grandchildren who live nearby and my dh. Such a nice time. They got take out. I had my chicken dinner earlier and kept them company while they chowed down. they bought me the most delicious chocolate birthday cake and I had a generous slice. I planned for it and it was worth all the calories. Today I am planning not to have cake or anything and just remember what a nice time yesterday was. Losing weight is very important to me right now and I don't want my to slow it down.

How's everyone doing? Looks like we'll miss the storm. We can handle rain and wind and that's fine.............but Joanquin was looking pretty tough so I'm glad it's staying out in the ocean.

Have a great week. Mini, love this message. Cherry, keep at it. You'll start to see a weight loss real soon. Bandit, good luck at your TOPS meetings. Amby, keep up the good work!!!!

Itryharder
Judy
Old 10-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #21  
Sandee

Judy Because U r smaller now, this can b your 'special' Halloween costume to wear for your Dh

Best Wishes for a wonderful 'New age' & a year of Adventures until your Next birthday comes next year.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #22  
Chick

Dee, that is such a darling graphic!!! Thanks for a good happy birthday message and a good laugh.
Everybody have a lovely Sunday and talk soon.
I had a very good eating day and hope to lose more this week.

Dee...................size 10 jeans sounds heavenly. I wonder if I could ever get that small???

Wishing all the Turtles the very best.
Judy
Itryharder
Old 10-05-2015, 10:38 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles - hope you all had a great weekend.

Judy - Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!
Hope you had an awesome time & congrats on keeping on track.

Dee - nice you will be closer to your ds, I get to see mine everyday since we live together & it is amazing, such a big smile & hug when I come home, love it.

All - I was down 3# at my weigh in, so was extremely happy with that.
Had 2 dinners out this weekend but really made pretty good choices overall,
so feeling good.

Make a quiche yesterday, so have that on had this week for breakfast or lunch.

All - lets have a great week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:44 PM   #24  
Chick

Okay. this is outrageous!!!! j :
Bandit!!!!!1 Weigh to go. That is a fabulous WI and loss. And you did it eating out twice this week????? So happy for you. Keep going! It's good to be accountable and to track your food and weight loss. Oh and

to all the Turtles, we are doing this. The encouragement here is wonderful.
I've gotten on the on the treadmill several times since I got the okay from a doctor that my knee was fine. I walk slowly, but get to 1 1/2miles per session. I don't want to overdo my knee, but I need the exercise.

Sending : to all and let's all get out and enjoy the fall weather!
Itryharder
Judy

Last edited by Itryharder; 10-05-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #25  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Wednesday is my WI day. I lost 1.2# this week and am so happy. I had the most beautiful piece of cake. It was delicious and then I made sure it wasn't in the house to tempt me on the following day(s).

I am still laughing at the cute emoticon from Dee of the harem costume. Well, when I get down to 133#, why not???? Lol.

When I lose even a little each week, I am encouraged to keep it up and lose more the next week.

Sending : to us all. Bandit and Amby had great losses. Dee holds steady at a wonderful weight. All are encouraging to all of us. We are doing this!!!

Wishing us all the best. I know they say luck has nothing to do with weight loss, but I'm sending good luck to all of us anyway. We are on a roll.
Itryharder
Judy
234.6/182.2/182 and thinner
Old 10-07-2015, 04:33 PM   #26  
Sandee

WoW Instead of being Turtles, I think we might need to add something like another animal that Wins races to our thread name Because each of us r showing Our commitments to meeting Our health Goals

Bandit When U reach your goal r U going to b a KOPS, or b a member. I've been told that becoming a KOPS keeps the member from regaining their weight. Great job & I hope that U will continue to lose weekly no matter how much or maintain w/o any gains above 1#

Judy Way to-go losing again this week Huh, I'm sure that U will have no problem dressing up for Dh as a cheerleader shake your pom-poms for him for Halloween if your Harem clothing is put away. A size 8 is about 133#, a size small. I haven't been that size in 9 yrs, my metabolism just isn't fast anymore being over 50 yrs old & I do enjoy being able to do & eat everything I want; just like my siggy says I'm happy w my body wearing a size medium. Best Wishes for another Good Loss @ WW next week

Amby & Cherry, We miss U pLease check-in w us, no matter what your scale is showing U this week Just tell us if U need something & maybe we can help find the solution together
Old 10-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #27  
Chick

Dee, I haven't been normal weight for so long that I didn't realize about 133 would be size 8. I would love to be a size 12 and maintain that forever. I, too, am older and had convinced myself that I couldn't lose weight. i spent several years convincing myself at WW's that I was right...............didn't lose weight.

Now WW's has good deals online to pay less if you're willing to pay up front for the three months. I did that this time. I have many pleasant people at my meeting and now that I'm making the scale move in the right direction I am happy to go to my meeting.

Guess what I really am going as for Halloween?? I am wearing all white pants and a tee with a large yellow circle on it. then I have devil horns, a tail (which I may or may not wear), and a bowtie. I'm going as a "Deviled Egg."
I saw the idea on a DIY site and think it's funny.

I like Dee's idea of speeding up our tortoise..............maybe we should go with a cheetah for awhile.

Okay. I am so happy I lost weight again. Now onto next week. :
Itryharder
Judy
234.6/182.2/180 and thinner
Old 10-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #28  

Morning, turtles

Judy - congrats on another weight loss this week, good for you!
I love your Halloween costume idea, very funny.

Dee - nice post, always nice reading words of encouragement all can take
something from.

Have my w/I tonight and then looking forward to extra long weekend for me, since I don't work Fridays.
Weather has been great up here, so extra nice all round.

All - sending "skinny vibes" to all my turtle friends!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:15 PM   #29  
Chick

Bandit, how did your WI go??
Love how nicely we are doing here.
Tough weekend for me, but I did something nice. My friend and I drove upstate to Bard College to see a ballet. Very pretty...............good weekend.
Food a bit too much. Right back on track!!
Old 10-13-2015, 09:44 AM   #30  

Morning turtles - great Thanksgiving weekend, busy but nice with family.
We had 11 adults, 2 toddlers, 1 baby, 4 dogs and a cat. So full house for Sundays dinner.
Weather was great so people were in & out during afternoon which was nice
Meal was yummy & lots of leftovers so no cooking yesterday.
I turtled at Tops on Thursday but since I was down 3# previous week & didn't gain I ended up being Biggest Loser so that was nice.

Hope you all had a nice weekend and back on track today.
See the movie The Intern over the weekend & I enjoyed that - light comedy which is always a nice change.

Enjoy your day & drink some extra water.