Old 07-26-2015, 10:42 AM   #46  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Well, I just finished my 4th. week of my new eating program. I'm doing better than I have done in a long time.

Would love to hear from some of the other turtles.
Itryharder
Judy
234.6/192/182 and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Judy - congrats on doing so well on your new programme! Keep up the good work.

I was down 2# last week at Tops so was happy with that. Eating out lots though with being away etc. but am trying to make "smarter" choices, so seems to be helping.

Crazy hot up here & will be all week but not complaining since soon enough will be back to shovelling snow, so enjoying the warm weather.
Going to trailer for the upcoming long weekend so that should be fun.

All - hope to see more turtles post when the can & always nice to see
Judy on board!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:23 AM   #48  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Glad to hear from you, Bandit. Weigh to go on losing 2#. I always think it amazing when a Turtle can actually lose weight while eating out. Perfect!

Things are still going well with me. Most optimistic I've been in a very long time. Very hot here this week, but the weather will break again. In the meantime it's perfect for grabbing a swim. And yes, I hear you about the snow that's coming around the corner.

Good luck to all the Turtles. If you're reading this and have a minute, chime in. We are dedicated to getting this weight off.
Judy
234.6/192/182 and thinner
Old 08-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #49  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Love to hear from some of you. I am finally losing weight and it feels good.
Regards to you all.
Judy
234.6/190/182 and thinner
Old 08-10-2015, 11:01 AM   #50  

Hi everyone

Judy - awesome job on losing some weight, keep it going

I stayed the same at the scales this week at Tops & that was fine too.
We did some "chair dancing" at our meeting & it was a lot of fun & you wouldn't think it was much exercise but by the end we were all tired & worked up a sweat. So this would be great for people who find it hard walking or exercising & takes the pressure off your knees.

I stayed on track most of the weekend which was really good for me, so happy with that.

All - post when you can, anyone tried any new recipes?
Have a great week
Old 08-14-2015, 09:10 PM   #51  
Chick

Bandit, thanks for chiming in. Staying on track over a weekend is a wonderful thing.
I replaced my treadmill and hope to get on for about half an hour daily. That's my goal. Hope I make it.
Bandit, looks like it's you and me for awhile. Wishing you the best with the grandchild and your family.
Talk again soon.
Judy
234.6/188/182# and thinner
Old 08-21-2015, 01:11 PM   #52  
Chick

Hi Turtles, for the first time in forever I am losing weight. I am down over 14#. I only lose a little each week, but I also don't put it back on and that makes all the difference.
Love to hear from anyone!!! I am very close to my first goal of 182# which is the lowest I have been in the last 5 years.
Sending : and to you all.
Judy
234.6/186/182# and thinner
Old 08-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #53  

Wow, Judy - good for you!
I am still up/down but keep going for my weigh-ins and trying to get in some walks as well. Been hectic summer, lots of socializing which is fun but always food everywhere we go.
Keep up the good work!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #54  
Chick

Thanks so much Bandit. Always good to hear from you. Going to WIs will kick in and you'll get your losing streak going again. I know you will.

Our socializing has slowed to a crawl. We pretty much see our kids and grandkids. I like it, but would love to have time with friends as well. maybe that is something I can work on this fall.

All the best to the Turtles.
Judy
234.6/186/182 and thinner
Old 08-26-2015, 12:16 AM   #55  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls, I'm back
I've been going through a lot this last month & haven't been able to get online much.

I haven't started logging my food yet, but I'm starting on Saturday. I weigh myself daily & I've been losing -1 to -2 lbs. a week. If my scale goes up, I get busy outdoors & put a note on my fridge with the lower weight from the day before as my reminder to get back to. I've also put my weight log on my fridge, to see my accomplishments & screw-ups. I'd like to lose -2 to -3 lbs. weekly, but that would mean I'd have to start a diet or exercise & then I'd gain the weight back when I stopped the diet/exercise, no thanks. I'll just keep busy, do some walking & do portion control eating w whatever food I like.

I don't diet or exercise, I just eat small portions of everything & eat the delish food that has lots of sugar/salt/fat by putting it into the mini 2 oz., 4 oz. canning jars so I won't over-eat snacks/dessert. I have a dozen, I use 7 labeled Sunday-Saturday to store a daily snack that I can enjoy guilt-free with some walnuts, raisins, M&Ms, etc. ready for the week. I also put my ice cream into them, a no-brainer for portion control.

Sometimes when I'm shopping & I have a craving instead of fighting it, I get a ice tea or ice water & eat just half of the hamburger or ask for a veggie burger (substitute my hamburger in my bun for lettuce, a tomato slice w pickle) I ask for that @ McDonald's & Burger King & they charge me for their $1 burger. When the temperature is below 75* & I'm running errands or shopping, I take a snack with me in a cute lunch tote bag.
Every pound we lose gives us a healthier body & life
Judy, Congrat's on your Losses what program are u using... Our family lives over a hour a way, so we usually have the 4 g-babes stay 1 weekend a month & give their parents a mini break. Dh & I r always busy enjoying the summer weekends @ home, or I kayak the lake while he catches fish, so I get u about not socializing w ppl in the summer. We also garage sale & go to flea markets finding treasures

Bandit, I went to 2 Tops meetings yrs ago as a guest, I liked that they r all about support & nutrition & eating & getting healthy instead of diets. Tops is a close group of ppl, but they always celebrated after their meeting by going out to lunch & eating no-no foods I think their contests give lots of incentive to have a weekly loss & b the best loser of the week/month. I wonder if they still have charm bracelets for losing?

Bedtime for me, I'll b back again this week. Have a Happy & Healthy week girls
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:54 PM   #56  
Chick

Wow Dee, I love your insight into losing weight. You seem to have a lot of discipline and also solutions of what to do when you want to keep going!!!!
Congrats on your losses and : for continued success. and

I really like your approach to getting your weight off.

The program I am using is a modified WW Simply Filling. I eat more lean protein than WW;s suggests and I also eat my carbs in veggies and fruit. Since I have never been able to lose weight eating breads and most grains, I have stopped eating them while I do this full out effort to get this weight off once and for all. I am eating very low fat and am back to egg white omelets w/ff cheese. For now this is satisfactory and I am, like you, losing about 1-2# per week. Very happy to see such a good weight loss for myself.

Kudos to you for the way you've thought thru what it takes for you to lose weight. I love your suggestions. Thanks for chiming in!

To all the Turtles, hearing from you is always a good thing. Good luck with all you're doing!

Judy
234.6/187oops/182 and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 08-26-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:55 PM   #57  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Judy, Thank you for your kind words to me.

I was 25 pounds heavier 5 yrs ago from stress eating & daily Fast Food meals Lunch & Supper when my Dh had cancer & I was always driving him to appts. He had lost 30 pounds & needed to gain weight & he always craved milkshakes, French fries, ice cream & pizza. And he refused to eat alone.

I went from wearing a size 10/medium to a size 16/extra large. When I bought my 1 & only pair of size 16 jeans; I made a commitment to myself to get rid of the lumpy fat I had & wear my size 10 jeans in a year. I've kept off my weight gain, but depending on what's happening in my life, my pounds fluctuate like I say on my signature line up & down 5#. I'm still wearing a size 10/medium jeans since losing the 25 lbs. 5 yrs ago, but my top/girls r big & I wear a size 12-14/Large & that's something I'm trying to lose & wear a size medium everywhere. That's why I came to 3FC, for support even though I achieved my goal weight.

I did join WW as my first action to lose, but after 2 meetings I decided I didn't want to count points my whole life. For exercise I bought a treadmill to exercise @ home & my bad knee worsened & I saw a Orthopedic doctor thinking I just needed some sort of a brace, he said No. That treadmills put stress on the tendons/ligaments & told me to simply walk & ride a bike to strengthen my quadriceps muscle & my knee would get stronger & it did. I lift hand weights to keep my back & arms strong & to avoid osteoporosis. I play instead of exercising by: walking, swimming, kayaking, gardening, biking, bocce ball, horse shoes & in the winter I play pickleball @ a indoor court & snowshoe when our snow gets deep & I ride my exercise bike to keep my quadriceps strong & knee pain free.

I don't diet, I simply eat 1 serving size portions & I eat what I want & I include healthy fats, protein, fiber & whole grain carbs, fruit, veggies & minimize sodium. I sprinkle chia & flax seed into my food. About 5 days a week I make a green smoothie w spinach & fruit, etc. to give me energy & they r delicious, I have a wonderful Nutri-Ninja w 3 sizes of drink/blender cups. Fall is coming & apple, celery, carrot smoothies r yummy. I had that combination @ a juice bar & I paid $3 for it.

I gotta go now, Dh wants me to go to sleep. Take care everyone

Last edited by miniDoodles; 08-26-2015 at 09:58 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #58  
Chick

Oh Dee. your journey is inspiring. Stress brings on weight so easily. I'm so glad that you have figured out what works for you. I know, by being explicit in what you do, that you have helped me and the other turtles. Thanks so much.

My ds and dgrandson are here for a nice long weekend with us. We'll swim and then play cards at night and in general have a lot of laughs and good times. I will need to stick close to what I want to do since there will be different foods in the house and most of all I want to lose weight.

Dee, your approach and attitude are unique and I see how they make complete sense. Thanks for chiming in. Really good hearing from you and congrats on your success!
Judy
234.6/186/182 and thinner
Old 09-03-2015, 03:13 PM   #59  
Chick

Down another pound and feeling good that I finally found a program that works and that I can do.

Sending : to all the turtles!!
Judy
234.6/185/182 and thinner
Old 09-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #60  

Hi turtles

Judy - Congrats on your weight losses, you are doing great. Keep up the good work!

Dee - nice to see you posting with us, always interesting to see what everyone is doing on their journey. Thanks for your input.

Well, we had a terrific long weekend up here, the weather was fabulous which was nice. I spent 4 days away at a cottage on the water, on 80 acres
so lots of nature. We did lots of swimming, hiking and having fun. A few campfires as well. So great weekend.

It is still hot up here for us but not complaining - soon enough the snow will come, so enjoying every hot day I can.

Dee - yes, Tops still gives out charms & we have a biggest loser of the week & month.

Still struggling with my weight. Up/down etc.
Time to get back at it, seriously.

You all take care & have a great week.