Old 11-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #31  

More later ladies, but for now I want to share a recipe I made this weekend and calculated in MasterCook...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Burrito Mix

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 1/2 cups pinto beans, canned
3/4 cup salsa
2/3 cup tomato -- chopped
1/4 cup green chiles -- chopped (I use 2 anaheim and 2 jalapenos)
2 teaspoons red pepper
1 bunch scallion
1 1/2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 1/2 cups reduced fat cheddar cheese
3 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil

Pour oil into heated skillet (medium low)

Add beans, salsa, tomatoes, red pepper, scallions, garlic and chiles to skillet; cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently until heated through

Add rice and mix well

To serve immediately, divide it among tortillas (not in nutrition calculation) and top with cheese. To serve later, divide into equal servings and top with 1/6th of the cheese.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 271 Calories; 7g Fat (24.5% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 6mg Cholesterol; 899mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat.

NOTES: 7pp as written / 6 servings. 9pp/6 servings if you choose to use regular (not reduced fat) cheese.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #32  

First off, Judy, congrats on your 3.8# loss. That is awesome! It's still a true weight loss, it's just not as much as it would have been if you hadn't eaten out. It still counts and congrats!

Okay onto me since it seems everybody else is quiet.... Hello ladies, things are crazy and only about to get crazier!

But quick recap -- I weighed myself after breakfast last time and came in at 164.4. This week, before breakfast it was 159.4. I realize that probably 2-3 pounds of that is breakfast and coffee, so I'm calling it a 2-3 pound loss and running with it! I also know that my biggest pair of jeans -- which was tight two weeks ago and was uncomfortable to wear -- now fits comfortably! Making progress in the right direction!

I have not started tracking yet and I haven't been working out. I will get there. I have been taking a 1-hour "break" of some kind each day even if it wasn't fun or relaxing, I got away from work. I've been eating the food I made this weekend, high fiber muffins, homemade pizza (less cheese and crust, more veggies) and Rosie (the missus) has been making healthy food too. I know all that helped. I'm not being a saint, I'm still stress eating sometimes but my main meals are healthy and that helps.

I hope you ladies also enjoy the burrito mix I posted -- if you break chips into it, it's like a taco salad. (I didn't count the chips in there.) It freezes wonderfully. It started out as someone else's OAMC recipes that I adapted so much it is unrecognizable versus the original.

Okay, time to bear down, as they would say at my alma mater (U of Arizona.) If I can get this project done -- or "good enough" by Wednesday night I can take next Thurs/Fri off for Thanksgiving AND the following M/T. 6 whole days without working -- it sounds like bliss when you've been working 6-7 days a week for months!

Take care ladies and talk to you soon.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #33  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Good luck on finishing your project, Ariana.
Love the burrito mix and will try it soon.

All goes well here.
I walked 1.75miles each morning Monday thru Friday. It's good to be back to moving at least this little bit. Helping dd out with her household, but I take that 1/2hour in the morning to walk with my friend. Great for the venting and the walking. Good for both of us.

Ariana, keep up the good work. You're making great progress. I like the goal setting.
Right now I have to tighten up the food. i can do this!
Talk soon.
Best of everything to the Turtles!
judy

Last edited by Itryharder; 11-22-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #34  

Judy thanks for the good wishes. Weekly weigh-in -- down 0.8. Not much but given the hellish week I had last week, I'll take it and run with it. I was only hoping for maintenance after all!

The burrito mix is delicious. It is spicy though; if you want to dial down the spice just use fewer or different peppers. It's a planned lunch I actually look forward to...!

Yay on the walking Judy! And yay for venting and talking. That can help take a lot of pressure off. I am going to go to the gym for 30 or walk in our neighborhood for 30 because the pressure is building up in me, like, well, a pressure cooker and EVERYTHING is getting on my nerves and I still have until Wed. at midnight to go on this project (hopefully I'll be done by then. I have a feeling that I may have to call it either way for my health but I want to be done by then.) I just keep having to remind myself it does NOT have to be perfect, it just has to be a draft. (I'm a chronic perfectionist and something of a workahloc. Trying to make progress there.)

Judy thank you for the kind words.

You CAN do it. I have faith in you.

-Ari
Old 11-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #35  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving. I think Bandit already celebrated Canada's harvest day. Hope it was fun.

I looked forward to walking this morning, but it rained. I headed to the grocery store for a huge shopping and every time I had to back track to get an item I counted it as exercise. Lol.

I hope I maintained this week. A few eating challenges later in the week, but today has been good so far.

Weigh to go : to Ariana. Good luck on finishing your project and lightening up on the pressure.

Happy Thanksgiving Turtles. Chime in when you can.
judy
Old 11-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #36  

Good morning turtles and happy Thanksgiving! Bandit, hope the Harvest Day was good.

Judy sorry you missed your walk, but every step counts. In a pinch you might think about walking the perimeter of the store 3 or 4 times before shopping. It's not walking outside given the crowds but it's SOMETHING. I was going to a long neighborhood walk but my stomach was upset by all the stress, so I um, didn't want to be too far from a bathroom. So the missus went fishing and I walked all the way around the lake and back, in view of some restrooms. :P

I am going for at most a 1 lb gain this coming WI because I have Thanksgiving today and AGAIN tomorrow with the other half of the family who fly in tonight plus the week's stress is likely catching up on me. But I am wearing my fit bit and it's challenging me to walk further.

I didn't have time to figure out in weight portions for each thanksgiving item, but i will be grab my tiny fork. It will make Mom's amazing mashed potatoes last longer!

Also, I finished the project and I am on vacation for the next six days (I include weekends because I've been working the weekends.) SO EXCITED!

Hope all of my turtle friends are having a great Thanksgiving so far. Here in AZ it's only 9 am so we're on our way to Starbucks for coffee and some oatmeal to get the day started.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #37  
Chick

Ariana, you sound great. So glad you finished your project and are on vacation.
I don't have much time to write since my son and his family are here since Wed. and are going home tomorrow.
Having a good time. Good to have my grown children and grandchildren here together and enjoying the company.

Talk when i can. Food could have been better, but I'll keep on keepin' on!

Happy Thanksgiving and Best Wishes to all the Turtles!
Judy
Old 12-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #38  

Well, that didn't go as well as I'd planned (up 2.6#), but that's okay. It was Thanksgiving and one horribly difficult week on top of that. The Thanksgiving food is down to one meal of leftovers (sans pie) and then it's gone. I survived that project (WOOT!) and I am on day 5 of 6 of my vacation, I still have today and tomorrow.

I have a lovely Channukah table runner pattern to work on today, with matching napkins and an apron for the missus if there's enough fabric left over. I have a great audio book (Catching Fire, Hunger Games Trilogy #2) and I'll head out to the gym tonight with my MIL and Rosie.

Hope all of my turtles are doing well! Thinking of you!

Last edited by Ariana2000; 12-01-2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Correct grammar without coffee is a spotty game at best.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

OMG! Arianna is back! Jeeze I am so thrilled to see you, I have thought about you so often and have missed your words of wisdom and support!

I have to read thru the posts and get caught up as I have not been here in ages.

I Hope everyone had a great holiday - I went to weigh in on Saturday and was up but I went anyway. Now I am back on track and moving forward.

Judy: How was your Thanksgiving?

Bandit: How are you doing these days... the cold weather is coming
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #40  
Chick

Isn't it great that Ariana is back? I love it when members we knew from years back pop in to share their journeys.
Princess, so good to hear from you.
Bandit is here often and I'm sure she'll be chiming in soon.
We've even been hearing from Cherry Autumn once in awhile.

I have promised myself to keep this club going for as long as there is one other turtle to share with. There are so many other social media outlets now, but I still love this little group the most.

My Thanksgiving ran for 5 days and I haven't stepped on the scale yet.
My ds's wife is having very tough back issues right now, but she encouraged him to drive down from upstate NY with the kids 11 and 13 so they could have a family Thanksgiving. Very generous of her. We had such a good time. My daughters decided I had made enough Thanksgiving dinners and they took it on themselves to provide the food for Thanksgiving. It was a bit more complicated than they thought, but honestly everyone pitched in and they all got along (son, son in law, 2 daughters, and me_) and it was a real family time.
My son and grandkids stayed with us for the 5 days. It was great, but honestly that's a food challenge for me. I'll try and rein it in now.

Princess, glad you're back on track and back here!
and and to all our Turtles.
I walked again this morning and to be honest even though I was a bit out of practice, it felt wonderful to be outside.

Judy
Old 12-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #41  

Greetings and Happy Thursday to you all!

Rainy, sleety mess here in the midwest, snow one minute and then sleet the next with some rain thrown in for good measure!

Judy: Yeah, I get the whole thing about how holidays end up being days instead of a single day, we do that here as well. This year I sent as much as I could home with everyone, gave the stuff that remained here a few days and then dumped it. I hate to waste but I am tried of this battle and need to act accordingly.
So sorry to hear about your DIL's pain, that is no fun at all and I hope that things take a turn for the better for you all!

Bandit: how was your holiday in the DR? So pretty there and I am sure you had a great time!

Ariana: A huge congrats on your marriage and your promotions! Wow you have been so busy and still managed to keep things under control with a minimal gain, very impressive! Again, thrilled that you are back to posting on this site!

Cherry: Hope you are felling well and doing great!
Old 12-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #42  
Chick

So good to hear from you, Princess. This site is picking up again as we all try to do our best.
I'm walking about 4-5 days a week for almost 2 miles. I walk with a buddy and we get our emotional drudgery out of the way while we walk......good for body and mind! We also think a lot alike even though she is much younger, but we're good buddies.

Princess, I've thrown food away because I still think it's better to do that than to have tempting foods in the house for those moments when I "need"
to eat something.

I do like Simple Start and having the protein of some sort at breakfast, lunch, and dinner all help me.

Best wishes to everyone!!!! Keep on chiming in. We can and will do this.
Judy
Old 12-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - been busy up here & I enjoyed my holiday very much. It was very hot but I love that so was all good.

Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday & good for you all throwing out the extra food. I have trouble with that & always feel bad overeating it instead. So good job.

Holidays are quickly approaching & the dinners started last Friday. I have another one tonight (ladies only) and tomorrow my office dinner which is very fancy. My strategy is to be very picky with apps (which are usually very high calorie) and make good choices elsewhere.

All - nice to hear from everyone & lets all enjoy the season.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #44  
Chick

Great hearing from you, Bandit.
Yes, enjoy the dinners especially with your good strategy! This is a very nice time of year.

I lost 1.8# today which was my Thanksgiving gain, so.............if you follow me.................I'm right back to where I was. this week I want to get another pound or so off. I really need to break 200# by January.

Good luck to us all.
Judy
Old 12-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #45  

Greetings All!

Yeah we are in high holiday gear here as well and everything is becoming overwhelming fast!

Just a quick hello to all and have a great day!