Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 01:11 PM   #16  

Default Hi all!

Just checking in from PG-land! This kid is never coming out! He He-at least that's the way it feels...I have 2 1/2 weeks to go-can't wait-instant weight loss! And oh yeah, I get a baby out of it!
I am trying to start paying attention to what I eat again..in that vein, I got the new subway sub today-chicken pizza something or other-got it without the pepperoni-so it is just grilled chicken, six inch bread, tomato sauce and prov cheese-the subway small slices-two. Anyone have any guess as to the points?
Jess, on the green beans-there is a great recipe in the Moosewood cookbook for Bermuda salad-basically fresh green beans, red onion, and shredded cheddar cheese in a viniagrette-we love it-and if you use LF cheese it really isn't that many points...

Regarding nails-I used to pick at mine horribly, now I don't but I have to keep them short for work-imagine your doctor doing a vaginal exam or delivering a baby with super long nails! Because of that, I am a fanatic about keeping my toes polished-lately I have been getting a pedicure once a month because i can't reach them
WTG to all of you who are OP!
BBL
Lori
Old 07-30-2003, 01:54 PM   #17  

Hi guys!

I promise I will post later, I have some assignments I need to finish!

Lori ~ I need your expert advice, I hope you don't mind. I PMed you....
Old 07-30-2003, 02:02 PM   #18  

Thanks a million Jayne for the Atkins list, I am going to give it a try the first of the year!!!
Old 07-30-2003, 02:15 PM   #19  

My DH and I have never quite agreed on names, in fact, I was in labor with my son and we were still trying to decide on a name for him. So, we are trying to decide eariler this time!

Here is my list, I would love anyones feedback.

Our last name is: Stappert (short "a" sound).

Girls

Megan
Sydney
Claudia
Gabrielle
Cecilla
Ashlee

Boys

Cole
Zachery
Chase
Reid
Kyle
Drake
Trent
Brody
Caden
Beau
Old 07-30-2003, 02:17 PM   #20  
Eve's Mom

Angie, Lexxy - I WI on Friday at noon as well....I have the same philosophy - if I blow the weekend, I have 4 days to smarten up.

Amber - out of curiosity, I went back and looked at Friday and Saturday which I didn't count for this week. Friday I ate 33 points and earned 6 activity points, so I ate all my activity points. Saturday was 36.5 points (mostly b/c I ate a huge steak that I was craving...bad me) and I earned only 3 activity, so I was in the red. But actually, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Add that to the 4 OP days I just had, and the 32 Activity points I earned over the 4 days and I think I made up for it. Interesting though...I bet if I had actually Journalled DURING the weekend, I'd have been a better WWer.

Anyway, the challenge is on...any others who are bad weekend journalists?? (Kim - not the kind of bad journalist you are - you are just plain naughty kidding).

Belle
Old 07-30-2003, 02:19 PM   #21  
Eve's Mom

Hi Tonya - I love Claudia!! Your list is all good though. Good thing you are thinking for BOTH genders....not just with your hunch...
Old 07-30-2003, 03:03 PM   #22  
A Yankee in Virginia

Tonya: I was thinking I liked Claudia even before I saw Belle liked it too! Sydney would be my second choice. I think Megan is making a comeback as a popular name... I've heard of several babies named Megan lately. As for boys, don't laugh, but my parents dog is named Brodie, and I named it! I just loved that name and they wanted a Scottish name. I'm a big fan of human pet names, though. Mine are Stella and Toby. So I like Brody, but Caden is really cool, too. You have some great names on both lists!
Old 07-30-2003, 03:07 PM   #23  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone!! I've had acrylic nails once (for last summer's wedding fest) and I liked them but as a First Aid Attendant, I need them short. I like polish but I can never find any colors that I have to take off after a few days. I like to use clear polish cause I have weak nails and like to keep them strong. And I LOVE wild toenail polish!!! A friend had one that was bright red with red sparkles - Dorothy's slippers - it was great!
Tonya - The names sound great along with your last name - I always root for names that flow.
Lori - Hello in PG land. Shouldn't be too much longer.
Daphne - it's fun to have someone else do your toes - even if you can reach them!!
Lexxy - 2 lean cuisines is better than a half a pizza take out style.
Amber - That sounds like a wild party - you guys will definately have fun
Angie - Way to get back on track. I liked to WI on Monday or Tuesday. I found it kept me accountable for what I ate over the weekend.
Kim - Sounds like you may have to talk to your crazy boss. Hopefully she'll get over the initial excitement and it will wear off.
Hi Belle! It's hot in Vancouver today too. That sounds like a crazy bike ride. And you aren't even sore! Good job!!
Hi Jayne - hope you're having fun with your company!
Laura - You've made me want to get a manicure before I go on holidays - a french manicure - I love them. Do you get the air brushed or the traditional?
Jess - nice to see you around again!!

OK - it's lunch time for me! And time to read more of my carbo addicts book - it's really good! I'll check back after lunch.
KT
Old 07-30-2003, 03:35 PM   #24  
Divine Gal

hey gang... Thanks for all the support. As soon as I get past the 300 lbs mark I am going to buy myself a scale for at home.

As for nails; I have had acrylic but I have found that they tear the top layer of my nail off which makes them more vulnerable to infection.Don't get me wrong I love the way they look especially a french manicure.
But I love itwhen my nails grow out especially since I have always bitten my nails.Its a great sense of accomplishment.

Hope yall have a great day. Cya Later
Lynnie
Old 07-30-2003, 04:30 PM   #25  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh if it it is a boy I love Caden it sound like a movie star name! I am just to in love with Caden to think of the girls names!
Daphne
Old 07-30-2003, 04:55 PM   #26  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hey Tonya and everyone: Check out this link! Looks like there were a lot of Emilys and Madisons born last year!

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Last edited by kimobi; 07-30-2003 at 04:57 PM.
Closed Thread