Old 07-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

welcome Dakota - you're in the right place - this site has the most amazing group of women who've become friends over the years - always here to listen, give some good advise when asked for - so stick around and enjoy the friendship and support

Maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #17  
Thursday Lady

Dakota
Like Maureen said, you've come to a great group here!
Whenever you want to talk, we listen.
I'm Tina and have been a Lifetimer for many years. However, I am over my limit and am struggling to get back. I have a great husband and a fantastic grown son.
You are a writer. How interesting!

Everyone have a great week!

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 217/194.6/160

Height: 5'1

Cool

Thanks for the welcome ladies. I definitely need the support. And yep, I write. If I didn't the voices in my head would drive me insane. I have a semi-supportive husband and three kids. One son is grown (18) but lives at home as he attends a trade school to become a carpenter, and two tween daughters, one 11, and one 12, who are determined to drive me crazy. LOL.

Dakota
DakotaTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #19  
Thursday Lady

How was everyone's Tuesday? We are at the beach. Hot but breezy!

Let's drink lots of water!!!!!

Old 07-09-2014, 12:51 AM   #20  

No beach for me, but mowed the yard and enjoyed some sunshine while we have it. Weatherman is forecasting rain Thursday - Sunday. Glad you're having fun, Tina!

Dakota
Old 07-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #21  

good morning all

I'm really having a hard time sticking to program - I'm trying!! I don't know if I mentioned that I rebooked my flight to Calgary - I'm leaving friday evening August 29 - this way I have all day saturday instead of just arriving late morning - will be going up to Edmonton on the Tuesday by bus and flying home on September 6. I'm so looking forward to seeing my sons - it was a year May.

Is it too soon to ask how you're enjoying Larry's retirment Tina? does it still feel just like holidays? Glad you're enjoying your weather - we may get a bit of rain today - but it's supposed to be nice after that for a while

enjoy the day
Old 07-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #22  

Maureen Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. I've never left the states, but am looking forward to my trip to Indianapolis in April for my first ever writer's conference. Im excited about it.

Also leery/excited about my first official weigh in tomorrow. (true I cheated to fill out my profile last week, but this will show if my hard work is paying off)

Along with watching what I eat, I also bit the bullet and signed up for a daily yoga class. I thing my sore muscles have sore muscles. Who knew stretching could be so painful. But I'm determined to succeed this time.

Dakota
Old 07-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #23  

Well, its Thursday and I had my first weigh in today. I was happy but a little scared when I stepped off the scales. Why?

Last Thursday, I was 217 lbs and this week? I'm 211.8 lbs. That's over a 5lb loss.

Is that normal? Hubby seems to think so. He called it water weight, and the fact I cut out all the soda from my diet. (Was drinking a two liter and a half of Pepsi a day. Lots of unneeded calories.

I also did something I swore I would never do. I joined a yoga group. (My job is just too sedentary. I sit in front of computer nearly ten hours a day) OMG, am I sore. My core muscles are bit tight and achy, but man, am I sleeping good at night. (I do it each night before bed.)

Will check in again next Thursday
Old 07-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #24  

Dakota that's a fantastic loss - keep it up - the yoga sounds good - sleeping isn't something I ever have a problem doing

Tina how's it your neck of the woods? Are you enjoying your summer so far?

I wonder where everyone else has disappeared to

have a good one
Old 07-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #25  
Thursday Lady

Hi,

Dakota, congratulations on your loss. Yes, that is a doable loss for the first weigh-in. That was a lot of drink each day! Cutting that out really makes a difference. Keep up the good work.

Maureen, I know you will enjoy seeing your sons and just relaxing.

We had a great time at the beach, for 4 days. And, yes, it has seemed like vacation with Larry home. I believe that starting this Monday, it might sink in that things are different. He is very happy!
I'm going back to the gym, beginning Monday. It's too hot to walk outside.

Everyone take it easy.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #26  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Well, I didn't make it to the gym Monday. Car repair wasn't done right so we had to return it. Then we had to wait to get another rental car (they paid.).
I AM eating better. My choices are better. I hope to see results by next Monday.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #27  

Morning all!

Tina - I hope your car gets fixed. that's frustrating.

Maureen - I wish sleep was something I didn't have problems with. My average night before yoga? 4 - 5 hours of semi solid sleep. After yoga - 6-7 hours of hard sleep. So its helping.

So quick check in.
I managed to stay within my daily points every day this last week. So as a reward? I treated myself to a small piece of my DD's home made chocolate cake - sans frosting. This cake is so moist does even need it. And I felt a small surge of accomplishment. I'm really sore from the yoga but determined to keep with it. I feel healthier even if I'm sore. And I sleep really good afterward.

Everyone have a great week. I'll check in next week.

Weigh in?

210.6 lbs, down from 211.8 last week. So a 1.2 lb lost. that brings my total weight loss up to 6.4 lbs in two weeks. I can tell I'm losing it too. My clothing is starting to fit looser.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #28  
Thursday Lady

Dakota. Congratulations on your loss!!!!!!!
Wow, that yoga is really helping you, several ways.
Keep up the good work.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #29  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,

How is everyone doing? On program, I hope!
Old 07-27-2014, 01:37 AM   #30  

Still on the program. Life has been hectic but at my weigh in on Thursday, I dropped another 2.8 pounds bringing my total up to 9.2lbs. So I'm happy. Almost to my ten pound mark. I may just make under two hundred by my trip in October. Shooting for 190 but I'll take what I can get. Hope you ladies all are having good weeks. I'll check in later next week after weigh in.

Dakota