Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 02:47 PM   #31  
You're a smoothie.

Angry

Laura - I'd love the veggie lasagna recipe. i don't think i'll make it for my BF because he is a big meat lover but i'd like it for myself!

Lexxy - when you meet the right guy it won't matter what weight you're at! timing is everything. do this for you.

~Emily
Old 07-16-2003, 02:53 PM   #32  
You're a smoothie.

Exclamation OFFICIAL POST OF SHORT AND LONG TERM GOALS!

ok ladies, i made these goals for myself last week but i figured i'd post them so you guys can help keep me accountable!

July 9th weigh in: 192 lbs.
Goals
August 31 - 182
September 30 - 178
October 31 - 174
November 30 - 170
December 31 - 167
January 31 - 164
February 29 - 161
March 31 - 158
April 30 - 155

what do you guys think?! i tried to make it slow and do-able!

~Emily

p.s...that dancing banana just makes me smile!
Old 07-16-2003, 02:53 PM   #33  
Never Quit!

Default Icky Day in New York!

Hey everyone. I just can't seem to get out of this funk. I am off program yet again! I blew it yesterday when I got home and today isn't much better. I have to eat at my Parents tonight and they are BBQ-ing. I need a quick dose of motivation. Any ideas????? At this rate I won't be able to recover by Saturday's weigh in.

Laura - Strip Clubs are a no-no in my book. Thankfully, my Hubby isn't into that stuff, so it may be easier for me to put my foot down on this one. But I have to say that is one (of many) reasons) why I married him. And I feel VERY STRONGLY about this. Something I don't budge on. I don't want to get into it here because it will take up too much time. And trust me...I am no P-R-U-D-E. But respect for one another is the name of the game.

Jayne - Who is the author on your quote at the end of your notes?

Gotta jet.

Cuba.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:57 PM   #34  
You're a smoothie.

Cuba - YOU CAN DO IT, GIRL! no matter what, don't chalk this week up to a bad weigh in and keep overeating until saturday! you can start over at ANY time! as far as tonight, how about filling up on salad and having b-b-q'd chicken breast? that should be pretty low point. you might want to bring your own dressing and ask you parents to leave the salad dressing-free. or, if they aren't making a salad, bring one of your own! watermelon is a great b-b-q dessert and might satisfy a sweet tooth if you have one like i do! lastly, just go in with a good, solid plan and you're more likely to make healthy choices.

hugs,

Emily
Old 07-16-2003, 03:00 PM   #35  
Never Quit!

I can't believe I missed "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"!!!

Bummer!
Old 07-16-2003, 03:11 PM   #36  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Emily~ Doesnt the banana just warm your heart I will throw a few your way BTW the goals look great!! AND for that I think you deserve......

I agree with the watermelon idea but look out I have been eating it the past few days and they cause some tummy grumbles if you know what I mean

Laura~ I agree about the respect thing! You got yourself a MANLY man Seriously though I know what you mean.

I am so excited that the thread is hopping. And to think I missed the entire morning. Work is always getting in the way of my 3fc's time. Uhhh the nerve
Old 07-16-2003, 03:12 PM   #37  
Never Quit!

Emily - I love the dancing too! Thank you for the pep talk. I will definetly do the salad and the fruit at the end. I know my Parents have that. As for the BBQ...they are making Brautwurst (whatever that is). So no chicken today. I'll have to think of something. But thanks for talking me out of blowing the week ! I was seriously thinking about it.

~Cuba.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:28 PM   #38  
Proud Canadian

Hello everyone!! Here I am for a real honest to goodness post. It's been so long. I was very sick about 2 days after I started being really good and POP but then while I was sick, I couldn't really swallow so I mostly drank juice (which was way too sweet) and ate mushy food like cream of wheat. Then I got a rinse that numbed my throat so I could swallow but also numbed my taste buds so I couldn't tast anything anyway. It was very strange. I was pretty good on the weekend. I avoided some really horrible choices that I could have made and I bought some Slim fast for quick breakfasts and my work lunches have been salads and stuff like that. I was hoping to fit into some shorts that I bought as a goal for myself before my trip to Virginia (first week of August) but it looks like that won't happen. I'm also still waiting to hear if I go to school in September or not. Maybe this week I'll know. On to responses...
Strip Clubs - a friend of mine called off her wedding because her husband went to the strip club for his stag (she had forbidden it) They actually got married anyway but the reason she didn't want him going is because she is uncomfortable with her body and doesn't want it being compared to a stripper's body. He likes to go because she will never let him look at her body (because she's so uncomfortable with it) Everything is done with the lights off! That’s a bad situation. I have gone to the strippers myself and enjoyed it but not been sexually aroused so I can see how a man could do that. I think it would have to be a personal decision in every relationship.
Bigger guys – my most recent guy is a bigger guy and it doesn’t make me any less attracted to him. I guess for me it’s the inside that makes it sexy.
Holy novel! You guys are probably all gone but I’ll post it anyway and see if anyone is around later.
KT
PS - Lexxy, I'm still single and looking!!!
Old 07-16-2003, 03:29 PM   #39  

Gosh, you guys are posting fools!!

I am good, trying to catch up on posts. But I really felt the need to add my .02 cents to the strip club topic.

My DH on rare occasion is invited to bachelor parties where they go to strip clubs. I don't mind at all, like wise, on rare occasions I am invited to birthday parties, bachelorette parties where males are stripping, he doesn't care.

My best friend and I have accompanied our husbands to a strip club before, on my birthday last year, my DH made me get up on stage...very funny, very embarrassing, but non the less a story I will never forget.

I think when you trust your DH/SO you have to try to relax about these things, most of the women stripping are NOT women your DH's want to be with anyway....

I hope no offense is taken, just my .02 cents.....
Old 07-16-2003, 03:39 PM   #40  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Wow -- I love it when we're this busy! And only 2:00, my time!

Too many posts to reply individually, but laura, can I just tell you that you made my day? You have the talent to make others feel good about themselves, and that's valuable. And Emily, you're on my good list forever for saying my son is adorable!

As far as the whole strip club thing goes (maybe it's talked to death by now, but then I'll just have to go and beat the horse a bit) Drew and I have actually gone to one together. He has never understood the thrill of watching trashy women (only quoting, not making a judgement) who are willing to gyrate on (mostly icky) strangers for $1 bills. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, so one night when we were visiting Drew's family in New Orleans, we went to that coochie club on Bourbon street that has those legs swinging out the window and that naked chick laying on the mirror. Drew's dad and stepmom accompanied us, of all people, but they are just about the coolest people I know, so it was actually funny. While we were there both Drew and his Dad were offered lap danced, and they both laughed in her face as they turned her down -- she was just so nasty and icky. There was a stripper up on the stage that was completely ugly and she danced 3 songs and didn't get a single dollar. No one would pay her. So the DJ said she wouldn't be leaving until she got some money, so a guy paid her $1 if he could lick her shoe. It was SSSOOOO not all that, I just can't even begin to tell you how not all that it really was. So anyway, I just wanted to give you some insight into my experience there. Who would have ever thought I'd have the inside track on strip clubs? Oh, I feel so naughty...

Anywho, I think I'll take my little boogar to the pool. Thanks to all of you who helped to reassure me on that whole "How can he be attracted to me" conundrum!

Oh yeah...the author of my quote...Back when I still did WW, my leader had that as a focus question for discussion. We discussed self-defeating habits and why we needed to really examine our behaviors and decide what behaviors needed to change if we wanted our bodies to change. So I'm not sure if that was her quote that she dug up or a WW authored quote. I just know that I need to say it to myself when I get into tight spots.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:42 PM   #41  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Tonya and KT, missed your posts while I was posting my monster. Tonya, how you feeling Ms. Mommy to the power of 3?

And KT, sorry to hear you were sick...doesn't sound like fun.

Jess where are you??

Lisa, are you alive???
Old 07-16-2003, 03:43 PM   #42  
Cockeyed Optimist

Cuba - bratwurst is something like 10 points or more each depending on the brand. Drink a ton of water!!!!!

KT - sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. Are you getting excited about your trip?

Tonya - good to "see" you. How is the bean sprout doing? No offense taken - I wouldn't have asked the question if I didn't want to hear other people's point of view!!!!

Laura
Old 07-16-2003, 03:47 PM   #43  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jayne - you are a naughty girl!!!! Maybe I'll ask CB to take me to a strip club. I've never been. Perhaps I'd be more comfortable if I saw what it is like. Although, I can't imagine I'd ever be O.K. with the lapdance issue.

Enjoy the pool! I'm going to sit at my desk in my cube that is nowhere near a window and be wildly jealous.

Laura
Old 07-16-2003, 04:18 PM   #44  
Canadian Chick

Just getting ready for work. Crazy that I'm just going to work & all you easterners are heading home. Of course I am starting a bit late today. My tummy is feeling a lot better & I am all caught up on my accounting, now its time to do some work that I'll actually get paid for.

Tonya, glad you popped in. How are you feeling? You should go get a pg massage.

KT have you been watching Big Brother? I'm all psyched for AR tomorrow Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Has anyone talked to either of the Robins? Or our pg Angie from Ontario? We haven't heard from either of our Jens either. Lots of our old regulars have gotten busy & we never see them any more-like Trish, Lolly, Stacey, Lori(s), Deb, etc. Hope that they'll all pop in some time...

Anyway I'm off to work
Old 07-16-2003, 04:31 PM   #45  

Hi all! I am here, lurking! Trying to get things done before baby comes-we have one month to go. the thread today was really interesting-let me see...
On the subject of overweight, i agree that personal hygiene and health awareness have alot to do with it-like, my DH has gained maybe 10 pounds since we've been married-but he has basically stopped exersizing, and that bothers me more than the 10 pounds(lord knows I've gained a lot more than 10!!)

On the subject of strip clubs, i may be shot for saying this, but i don't think it's a big deal at all to go for bachelor parties. Dh had two bachelor parties, and what bothered me more was that for one of them his friends hired two stippers to come to the party...there was a lot more that was done that i objected to in that realm than there would be at a strip club. I was more upset about that than the party where they took him to a strip club and got him a lap dance. It's mostly all about trying to embarass the bachelor guy. It deosn't bother me that he is looking at other women's bodies-we all look at other people's bodies-I stare at the gym sometimes! It doesn't mean i love him any less BUT, I think the important thing is that if it bothers you, he should respect that and not go. AND, if DH made it a habit, that I would object to. But most of our friends are married now, so it's really not an issue anymore (he actually said no to the last party because it was going to be too expensive) The lure is hanging out with the guys, not the strippers....Just my 2 cents

Love the new smilies!!! Gotta go paint a shelf for the baby's room!
Lori
Closed Thread