Is there a Canadian WW Group here? Re: grocery shopping

• I would love to connect with other Canadians simply due to the fact that we just don't have all the food/grocery options that the USA does. I see a great low point recipe and I can't buy the stuff

thanks

Mel
  • Can you give examples of what you can't find in canada
  • Polly-o fat free ricotta
  • ..also not a lot of weight watchers branded foods other than the frozen stuff and breads. No yogurts or cheeses.
  • They don't have fat free ricotta cheese in Canada? Far as I know you aren't missing out as far as the cheeses go. They are flavorless.as far as the yogurt you can get other brands with the same points. You don't have to use we products to do the plan. If taste is your goal you are better off buying real food.
  • I am a Canadian living in the us and the list is small of what I can't get here ,maybe different brand names but the same food.
    I will suggest going on the ww.ca site. The message boards are free and there will be lots of recipes there.
  • I will try to put a list together - maybe there is a Canadian substitute for the things I want. Lets hope - variety & options are a wonderful thing
  • List of some unavailable (in Canada) WW friendly grocery items
    Here is a list of some of the WW friendly foods not available in Canada:

- vitamuffins (we have chocolate only)
    - we only have WW breads and sweets, no dairy (dairy would be so nice!)
    - Guilt free Guacamole - I want that!!
    - Flat out Foldit Soft Pretzel Flatbreads
    - Gallo light Italian salami
    - applegate organic beef hotdogs
    - Alternative Bagel, pita, english muffin 1 POINT
    - really neat fibre one products (pop tarts?!)
    - Natures’s Own sandwich round 1 POINT!!
    - Better than P’nut butter
    - Jennie-O chicken products

- really high fibre breads, rolls etc - so many of your breads are loaded with fibre
    - anything Trader Joe sells seems interesting

This is just a sampling of what I would love to have access to but sadly I do not. Maybe we have Canadian substitutions that I just don't know about. I find certain Hungry Girl and LaLoosh recommended grocery items are just not available for us. I would love to make a sandwich with 1 point bread!!

Mel
  • That flatout pretzel sounds good I will have to look for that. Do you you have Hebrew national hot dogs those are kosher and point friendly. Hungry girl relies alot on processed foods. If possible I would be looking for less processed stuff because it is healier and I know I see better losses when I eat clean. Do you have a whole foods store there? It is like trader joes. Again I suggest we message boards there is a board called recipe review that is excellent. Not trying to steer you away from here as this place is wonderful but we can all use any help we can get.
  • I have found some different vitamuffins at Thrifty Foods if you have one of those near you, but yes, usually just chocolate anywhere else. They do have a website and you can get them delivered...I have considered it!
  • Yes you are right Hungry Girl does rely on a lot of processed food. Though, it would be nice to have a little of this "easy" food available. I do have a Whole Foods but it is about a 45min drive away. I think I will make the trip once or twice a month

Thanks girls!
  • lucky, I wish I had a whole foods!
  • Mel - There is a "Low Carb Grocery Store" in Tor area that carries
    lots of things good for ww. Also I find Longo's has some things like
    the miracle noodles & flat our wraps.
    Good luck.