View Poll Results: What are you most looking forward to during the long weekend?
Fireworks on the Fourth 3 25.00%
No work 6 50.00%
A picnic 3 25.00%
Going to the beach 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 11:50 AM   #1  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Happy July! (Tuesday thread)

Wow, it's been a long time since I've started a thread. Where is everyone today?
Old 07-01-2003, 11:57 AM   #2  
A Yankee in Virginia

OK, I realized I should have written "all of the above" in the poll because I'm looking forward to all three! A co-worker has an apartment on the Chesapeake Bay, right on the beach, so we're having a Fourth of July party there. Can't wait. Then there's a family party on Saturday. The only thing that will suck about the weekend is that DH has to work, as usual. So I'll be going solo to everything.

On another note, my mom had surgery this morning to remove a mass near her uterus, and I didn't realize how worried I was until my dad called me to tell me she was fine. She was scheduled for a hysterectomy, but the mass turned out to be on her appendix so they took that out too. I was pretty nervous ... all I could think was the worse. I even called her at 6 this morning, before she left to the hospital, to tell her I loved her. (I set my alarm so I'd wake up.)

But she's fine, thank goodness. Her heart slowed during the operation, but they got it back to normal and it's something the doctor wants to keep an eye on.

But WHEW! I'm feeling more and more that I need to make my mom a grandma, soon!
Old 07-01-2003, 12:10 PM   #3  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Hi Kim!

Wow - really slow around here today. Luckily slow at work too

Not too much exciting going on with me - I have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday all off so I am just hanging in there until I can relax! I'll get to go home, visit the family. Not sure what's all on the plan for the weekend, but I'm sure I'll have plenty to do. I'm going to attempt to golf again Thursday with my sister (I've only golfed about three times - all last year. I'm really bad at it!) and then just relax all weekend long.

Kim, that party sounds so great! I would love to live by the ocean or some body of water - but you can't really get that in the middle of Illinois! Glad to hear that your Mom is doing well, also. That's always scary when things like that happen.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:59 PM   #4  

Hi all from PG-land! Things are going well-I am getting big...due date is in 6 weeks! I am looking forward to this weekend for all of those reasons! It is my first weekend off in a month and I get a 3 1/2 day weekend!! My best friend is coming to visit and we are going to go to our lakehouse and take the boat out and barbecue on Friday, then Saturday there is a huge lake party...
can't wait to have this baby so I can rejoin the weight loss world! In the meantime, i am eating whatever the **** i want for the fist time in my life!!! I seem to gain the same amount of weight each week no matter what i eat...
Hope everyone is well...Happy Canada Day!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 01:27 PM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hello! I wasn't able to get on to post this morning and I didn't make it back yesterday. Sounds like everyone has fun plans. DH announced that he wants to stop at the outlet malls on the way up north!! Is he insane, I will bleed him dry! I cannot wait to shop til' I drop. Other than that plans are the same and we live Thursday morning.

Laura~ We are going to Eckerman (not very well known) but it is 40 minutes North of the bridge. How hysterical would it be if we ran into each other

Kieri~ Ok your story about CB having to come over b/c you heard noises sounds so familiar. I would so do that. DH doesn't get it but he of course goes along with my paranoia and always makes me feel better.

Kim~ When I was in Lynchburg VA my allergies were hideous! Hope your asthma is better and I am sooo glad that your mom is doing OK. Keep us posted!

Jess~ Sounds like you have a game plan regarding weight loss and that is a huge step.

Angie~ Golf! That seems so fun although I have only ever been put putting and to the driving range. Have fun!

Gotta go group is starting and since I facilitate it they may need me! I will try and check in tomorrow even though I have an appt with a book and the sun
Old 07-01-2003, 01:39 PM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default It's not Tuesday, it's FRIDAY!!!

At least it is for me! Less than 4 hrs of work and I'm on vacation for 6 days. Plus I don't go back to 2nd job for an additional 3!!! Getting really excited for my trip - I haven't been all the way "home" in 2 years. Can't wait for CB to meet my family and vice-versa.

Kim - I'm so glad your mom is O.K. She'll be in my thoughts for a speedy recovery. Enjoy yourself this weekend even if DH does have to work - you deserve it.

Angie - hang in there. That is pretty much how I've been operating at work since Sunday. Only one more day after today.

Lori - You sound happy! I can't believe it is only 6 weeks 'til your due date. Seems like you just announced a few weeks ago that you were PG.

Well, I have good news and bad news to report.

Bad News: I ate 66 points yesterday!

Good News: I journaled EVERYTHING.
Good News: I ate that many points due to poor meal choices.
Good News: No binging.
Good News: Drank all my water.
Good News: Exercised.

I won't be able to eat Wed. or Thurs. if I want to stay in my weekly points range (just kidding - I will eat) but I'm actually fine with going over because I was in control and I made conscious choices.

Plus - I've had no trouble getting right back on the wagon today.

I was a little worried about massive bad eating over vacation but CB pointed out that I will be able to do a lot of hiking and walking and that I really only have 1 meal each day that will be trashy.

Must get back to work now so I can leave on time for my nail appt. and yoga tonight.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

Laura
Old 07-01-2003, 01:43 PM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Becky - I won't be anywhere near the bridge (several hours north) but have a wonderful time. Enjoy cheating on hubby on your "date with a book and the sun" tomorrow!

Laura
Old 07-01-2003, 02:03 PM   #8  

Hi everyone! Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday, and I also had a hard time getting on this morning.

Stuart (my BF) and I are off to Dallas tomorrow. He has a job interview for a really BIG, really GOOD job. It could be the end to our long-distance relationship if he gets it, as we will both move down there. I am keeping my fingers crossed soo tight! In the meantime, I am workign on getting an interview lined up for me, too! I also have family and friends there, so once we get done with business, it should be a nice holiday weekend.

But, I probably won't be back to post again until Monday.

I hope everyone has a happy fourth of July! : ) : ) : )
Old 07-01-2003, 02:48 PM   #9  

kim-i'm glad your mom is ok! i am just north of you in MD.
julygirl-fingers crossed for you!
laura-good for you getting back on the wagon, i am fighting the cravings something fierce today!

i am so not in the mood to work and am ready for the 3 day weekend already! we are going to ft. meade (military base) on the 4th. they are having carnival rides and a talent show and fireworks. it oughta be fun. saturday we have a graduation party to go to on the water at a nice park so i am hoping to catch some sun. yah! everyday i seem to be at the very top of my points range but i just got into this tier/level of points so maybe it will take a few weeks to get adjusted to eating less and having some left to bank. whatcha think? Hope (my 5 yr old) has swimming lessons tonight abd i have my meeting and i work out tomorrow night. it's a full week. i like that, keeping busy means i think of food less!
Old 07-01-2003, 03:44 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

July: I hope the job interview goes well!

Amber: I don't want to work, either. In fact, I really haven't been working today. I'm just trying to look like I'm working by sitting at my computer. Oooh, goodie. My editor just went to her doctor's appt.

I just have one extra day off - Friday, but I'm going to enjoy it. DH is working, though.

Becky: I'm starting to think I'm allergic to the whole state of Virginia. I've lived in Richmond, Charlottesville, Roanoke and now Newport News. The allergies started getting really bad in Roanoke, but I thought it was because Roanoke's in a valley. That's where I developed asthma. But even my doctor told me Newport News is a bad for allergies. So I can't win. I need to live right on the beach, I suppose.

This area is pretty cool, though. Newport News, where I live, is on the James River, but it's also the end of a peninsula that juts out into the Chesapeake Bay. Hampton, which is north-east of NN, is partly on the river, partly on the bay. And the ocean's only 30-40 minutes away.

Lori: I didn't realize your due date is so close! You better come back and visit us afterward! We haven't heard from JenL at all and little Kate! Has anyone heard anything?

Laura: Hang in there! You have the willpower!

Angie: I want to learn to golf! DH golfs and I think it's a way we could spend time together. I know he feels guilty golfing during the short times we actually get to have together ... this way I could go with him. I've only been to driving ranges, though, and I wasn't very good. But I RULE at mini-golf!
Closed Thread