Old 11-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Oh Bandit, beef stew sounds delicious. I have to get out and restock my groceries. I'll be okay for tonight, but I'm out of good stuff.

I am so happy and relieved. As you know I worked hard for the last two weeks on a new program. More lean protein, fewer carbs other than veggies and fruit. I lost 2.6# this week. I finally broke through a number (198#) that I've been yo-yoing for much too long. Now I have 3.4# to lose to get back to the weight I was 9/2012. I know this doesn't sound very good, but I could have put back all my weight. I stopped the gain, I maintained and finally I broke through again. Now I need to do this one day at a time. Today I choose to eat this way and to be happy.

Judy
Hi and best wishes to all the turtles. Bandit!!!! I like the way you're thinking.

234.6/197.6/180's and thinner!!
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone and happy Thursday to you! Cold weather has arrived here in the midwest and we have survived the first holiday of the season... I had two pieces, yes just two pieces of halloween candy this year... every time I looked at the leftover candy in the bowl I just think... "it is simply not worth it" and grab a piece of fruit if I am truly hungry and if not I move along and continue forward.

Seriously... if we all think about the lowest weight we have been at or the best shape we have been in and then how many times we blow it and gain it all back we really just need to ask ourselves... "is it worth the effort that it is going to take to get the weight back off? because if I eat this I know it will cause a gain or at the very least I will not lose..." I for one and just tired of the Yo Yo, and I think Judy mentioned in one of her posts that she is also. So that is what I am doing now and it seems to be working as I had a 2.4 loss last Saturday as WW. I also stopped the med's, I will tough it out as long as I can without them.

I sure hope everyone is doing well and staying safe! I don't know about your areas but here in Indy we have been having a ton of home invasions lately, really aweful stuff... it is a sign of the economy they say... The sad part is that here it is all older teenages and young adults that say that they are tired of being poor or doing without and want what the better off people have - but they don't want to work for that it appears... how lazy of nation we have become when it is easier to rob and in many cases hurt your fellow citizens rather then get a job or go to school so that you can earn a decent living. Ok well enough of that but keep your doors locked and be safe ladies!

I have not tried any new recipes lately but need to get my ww cook books out and start looking for new things with the change in weather and the upcoming holidays, I think that if we have a new lunch or supper choice once or twice a week it helps us from getting bored.

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by Princess1122; 11-07-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #18  
Chick

Great to hear from you, Princess. Weight to go with your weight loss!
: Yes, I agree it is better to pass up this food now than to have to lose the same pounds over again. As of today you and I weigh the exact same amt.! We can all do this. Being in onederland is a wonderful thing.

I'm trying fewer carbs and more lean protein and it seems to be working.
Yay!

Princess, I don't think I mentioned it here on this site. I think I just said that I had many sad things happen over the summer. One of them is that our house was robbed. The thieves haven't been caught. They got most of my jewelry and it was annoying and sad. That jewelry was gifts thru the years from my dh and although I remember the occasions, it is still a loss.
the police were surprised since there hasn't been a robbery in this neighborhood in who knows when and we are considered very safe here.
Terrible experience and I hope all the turtles stay safe too. We had inadvertently left our back porch window unlocked and that's how they entered. Ugh. Well, now we have a security system that we use all the time. Still a nasty experience.

Other things happened and I struggled with my weight all of last year. We were hit pretty hard by Sandy Superstorm (although nothing like the people along the shore). Now we are hoping this year brings happiness and nothing newsworthy!

Emotional eating can be tough, but I know the Turtles can do this. I am pleased with the way my eating and scale are cooperating and I send : to all of you!

Judy
234.6/ 197.6/2180's and thinner
Old 11-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #19  

Hello Everyone and Happy Friday to you! Super cold here but the skies are sunny which is nice.

DH and I are coming down with a cold that we caught from the grandbaby I think... but it is not the worst thing that could happen that is for sure. I will make it thru the work day and try and relax this weekend.

Judy: Geesh! you have had a nasty year indeed! I am so sorry to hear about your break in and loss of your treasures, that is just so frustrating that people do that... I don't get it. I hope that things improve and become more positive with the holidays coming, etc.

Bandit: How are you doing? Did you get your trailer and house ready for the winter?

I have to go but will check back in again soon.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #20  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, sorry about the colds. this is my second cold in two months, so I'd like to cap that now.

I'm going to make that stew Bandit talked about in a recent post. It sounds perfect for a day like today.

Cherry and Life and Terri and all the gals who check in now and then:
: and for effort. Keep on keepin' on!

Judy
234.6/197.6/180's and thinner
Old 11-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - like reading all the posts. Judy/Princess - congrats on your
weight losses, super! Glad modifying your food plans has been a big help,
good for you.

Trailer all closed up for the season, so less running around for me til the spring so should have extra time to get back with some regular exercise,
which I think has been my biggest obstacle to losing some weight (along with too much over eating & making bad choices with food) but even so I thinking
exercise regularly is a key for me to succeed.

Been raining up here with some sunny breaks now & then, but for sure cold weather is coming fast.

I also have a cold which just makes everything seem more difficult than need be so today will be doing abit of shopping & tidying up then relaxing on the couch later.

All - keep up the good work & lets all have a successful week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #22  

Good Morning everyone and Happy Monday... ugh, I am getting sicker with this cold by the day but I am sure at some point it will hit its peak and then I will start to get better... that sure is not today though! I had to drive into the office today also to have my work laptop upgraded and clean out my cube as my paperwork to work at home full time finally came thru... yah!

I am eager to get the tech here and get my machine upgraded and then pack up and head for home.

So i stopped taking the menopause meds and lost another 2.6 on Saturday at weigh in and that makes me feel better and helps me to keep at it I think.

Bandit: I agree, if I don't exercise I don't lose... period, no way around it! Hope you can find time to fit a few days a week into your schedule for a walk or a class, I think that not only does it help with the weight but it makes us feel better too. I hate to ask but could you post the stew recipe again? I looked back but could not find it and that would be a great meal to fix.

Judy: Two colds back to back is no fun at all! Maybe add some more vitamin C into your day, I take a ton of it this time a year but then I seem to catch everything that comes along so I am paranoid I guess.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Princess1122; 11-11-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi Princess - the stew I make is pretty basic.
Chop celery, onions, carrots, potatoes, turnip & cover with water &
boil along with a "beef stew seasoning" pack plus I add some stewing beef which I brown before adding to veggies. Add some salt & pepper and simmer until veggies are soft. Tastes better longer is sits, enjoy!

All - hope you all have a great and stay warm.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #24  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well I had my official WI at WW's today and I was down 0.2# . I know anyone else might yell and scream, etc. but I am actually happy since we went to a very fun restaurant over the weekend for my dh's and the calories were flying! I am thrilled I didn't gain weight, so this tiny loss is welcome to me.

Everybody, have a great day and keep on chiming in. I find it so supportive.
Judy
234.6/197.4/194 and thinner
Old 11-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #25  

Hello Everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Very cold here but the sun is out... I have a ton of leaves out of the yard that need to be raked and bagged but I am still sick and to be honest just getting through the work day is about all I can handle right now, maybe tomorrow.

I tried the new Fiber One Trail Mix bars, they are 3 pts a piece and pretty filling and yummy.

So at work we have this thing called "Know your Numbers" - BMI, BP, Smoker or NonSmoker, etc. And there are three areas that you can earn money back into your paycheck to help pay for your health care costs and with the new Health Care that is in effect and the costs that are skyrocketing it is so important to make every penny count and my employer allows your spouse to do it also. Well the DH is a nonsmoker but that is about all the credit he is going to earn . I earned two of the three credits and the one that I did not earn was the BMI credit... I was 1.6 points over the highest allowable number to qualify. But they offer this program that you can go thru to still get the credit and help you to correct what is wrong so I am doing that. I will take all the help I can get but to be honest at first I was very embarrased to have missed the whole BMI thing and was really mad at myself but you know there are others that missed it too that are on my team and I will use it as a goal for next year... I don't want to have to do it again so I will aim to be well below the acceptable BMI maximum allowable... lemonaide out of lemons

Bandit: Thanks for the recipe! I think this weekend will be perfect to try it out as it is supposed to be rainy and cold.

Judy: Congrats on your weight loss.... I am thrilled for you and .2 can equal a boat load under certain circumstances!

Last edited by Princess1122; 11-14-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #26  
I'm Shay

S/C/G: 215/198/159

Height: 5'7"

Do you guys mind if I join the Turtle Club? My name is Shay, I just signed up yesterday & think I will probably do better if I am checking in somewhere on a regular basis. I joined WW for a few months & lost some weight, but I decided to just do the WW plan on my own.
justsayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #27  

Welcome Shay! We r thrilled to have you with us!

Just got done cleaning up after having a house full to celebrate DS birthday and am tired so will log on tomorrow and post more!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #28  
Chick

Shay, good to have you with us

Lots of luck with your weight loss. Lots of support here.

Had a weekend out Montauk Pt. on Long Island. So relaxing.
NowI'm working hard on losing some pounds because Thanksgiving is right
around the corner.

: to all of us!
Judy
Old 11-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #29  
I'm Shay

S/C/G: 215/198/159

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the welcomes. I had a good first week doing WW on my own. Down 4 pounds. The true test is going to be Thanksgiving, probably for all of us.
justsayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #30  
Chick

Just say no, you're doing great! : and weigh to go! So pleased for you.

As far as Thanksgiving, my WW leader says, "it's a holiday. Not a holiweek."
I've been in her group for a long time and I laugh every time she says that.

I think we're all thinking of Thanksgiving.
any ideas, Turtles?
I am going to have slivers of the high calorie foods I love and fill in on turkey and veggies. I've done that before. I don't feel deprived and won't pack on too many pounds if I do that.

Lots of luck and : to all of us.

Judy
234.6/197/180's and thinner