Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 07:50 PM   #16  
Net browser

Hi Everybody My computer "problem" turned out not to be much of a problem after all, but since my godson was here he fixed a couple of other little things on the computer that were bugging me. After he finished he sat and had dessert with us, explaining some computer questions that we had. Trudy suggested maybe he would like to join us for tea every Tuesday and bring us up to speed with all the things we don't understand about computers.
We actually could "hire" him for an hour or so to show us some things that we are having trouble with on the computer.
Bye for now.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:20 PM   #17  

G'day all,

Well I have given myself a good talking to and I have decided to just make the most of this last week and to stop being so miserable!
Today I will NOT eat any rubbish, I have been for a walk, I have bought a lovely new address book and I have bought stuff for a healthy dinner tonight
I had a reasonable sleep last night other than the room next door decided to watch the early morning news at 4.30am

Marnie sorry to hear you gained the 3 lbs you lost, it is not easy but just keep at it.
Yes I am a homebody and do miss my home a lot, sometimes more than other times.

Slavika Isn't it always the way with computers, something simple that will not allow you to do what you want! I would keep that godson fed with desserts, sounds like he is a very handy person to have around now and again.
Have a great break with your dh and we look forward to hearing what you were up to whilst on holidays.
I will be home by the time you get back

DH told me last night that there are some 'opportunities' in Japan coming up, I do hope we will be home for a little while before embarking on another project away from home.

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 06-24-2003, 10:28 PM   #18  
Member Florida Chick

Angry Sunshine today.

Finally a sunshiny day. There has been a lot of flooding in some areas around here. We were fortunate tho'.

Maria: Sorry about the leg and hip. All that rainy weather. Glad you had a nice weekend. I was encouraged at curves today. Lost a lb. and sevral total inches in some importan places to lose.: I am going to try and go nearly everyday for a while and see if it will make a difference.

Marnie: Don't beat your self up. I think we all go through this all the while. I think the problem with most of us is that we just like food. I sometimes wonder "do I live to eat, or eat to live"? and I'm am afraid of the answer.

Slavike: have a nice teatime and vacation. See you when you return. Hope nothing serious with your 'puter'.

Peggy: I have a hard time with cutting and pasting when I am on certain pages, and I couldn't do your recipes. Would you email them to me? [email protected] I'm really intrigued by the creamsickle cake. Sounds wonderful. I saw some orange sherbet to day with chocolate pieces in it. I was wondering how that would work in the cake.

Hi everyone. Hope your weather is improving. We were very happy to have a sunny day after a week of rain. Ann
Old 06-25-2003, 06:55 PM   #19  
Life Time 2001

Maria: That hidden valley looks beautiful! I have heard Yoga is really good. Never tried it before. But suppose to be really good and also relaxing. Sorry about the leg and hip. I thought it was getting better.

Marnie: Alot of people are not aware of it. Been its been there for years. Works realy well at least for me Dont worry about the gain, it happens. Dont be so hard on yourself. Losing weight is hard to do. You will get there!

Slavika: Hope you have a good Holiday! Glad the puter wasnt a problem.

Ann: Its suppose to always be sunny in Florida Its very hot here in the 100°. ALAS..... But Im not complaing. Would rather have that then rain! I was getting sick of it

Later!
Old 06-26-2003, 01:25 AM   #20  

G'day all,

Yes so did I Lily, I also thought things were getting better with my back/hip/legs but alas, it is not good at present. There is no rhyme and reason to it all, making it even more frustrating.

I have been up since 4.30 this morning and I am now at the end of the day slowing down fast. I hope I will have a good sleep tonight.

I also have good news, dh is coming home a week after me, he is leaving July 11.

I think Lily you posted that you had been to Yellowstone National Park. When we went to the 'hidden valley' we met some people who had been to Yellowstone and told us it was awesome, much bigger than any of the thermal areas in New Zealand. You learn every day, I had no idea and the thermal areas really do intrigue me, another detour when we eventually do Route 66

Glad you have some sunshine Ann, one does get tired of continually rain

Marnie I just think it is great that we can learn so much from one and other. There is always something that we were not aware of. I also learned heaps from the link Lily posted.

I am getting dinner, see ya all tomorrow
Cheers
Maria
Old 06-26-2003, 08:57 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

The rains have lifted!

My spirits have lifted, too, thanks to your encouragement.

Sometimes I feel like I'm still in grade school when it comes to emotions. It's weird that the slightest little thing can through me for a loop; then at other times they fly over my head.

Lily, I found my book 6 this morning. Thanks for the suggestion. I DO think fewer carbs for me is the way to go - I am magnetized toward them. I think I get angriest at myself for slipping and then get into the PLOM syndrome.

So, I'm facing the music on Monday when I weigh in.

I was wondering this morning if we could share more about what we eat each day. Is that feasible? It's not that I don't know what to eat, it's just that I eat too much.

Sorry for rambling on.

Marnie
Old 06-26-2003, 03:11 PM   #22  

G'day all,

Despite getting up very early again, 5.15am, I had a great night sleep and feel a lot better today.
Of course the fact that around this time next week I will be on the way to the airport for my flight home is also a very nice thought.

Marnie I can relate to what you are saying . I spoke to my d-i-l last night to wish her well for the World Champion Netball games in Jamaica, she leaves tomorrow. I usually get some emails from her Mum whilst I am away but I haven't this time. She told me that her Mum has had a nervous breakdown and has been diagnosed with severe depression . She is a very happy go-lucky person, at least that is how she is perceived. I feel very sad learning about her being sick and now think being 'thrown for a loop' now and again is annoying but a lot more preferable, I am sure you would agree.
As far as what I eat.........well it is now 7am and I have had an orange and 30g 'oat temptations', it is instant oats and some sultanas with 3/4 cup of skim milk. I often buy a bag of baby carrots and chomp on them in the afternoon to get me through the worse time of the day for me. I also use 'baking paper' to bake vegetables in the oven. I think it is great, nothing sticks and the baking dish stays clean. I just spray the veggies with some olive oil and voila....lovely baked vegetables 1 hour later.
Good luck with your weigh in.

Have a great day all, will check in a little later in the day.

Cheers
Maria
Old 06-27-2003, 10:10 AM   #23  

Good Morning All!

I've done some real soul-searching this morning about weight loss, my committment to it, and facing the fact that I've had 2 really bad weeks. Today the insanity stops (AGAIN).

My plan for today is to have water until noon, then a big salad for lunch, fruit for snack and a small (lean) steak for supper with one ear of corn and veggie.

I am not going to let the progress I've made thus far go down the drain.

I'm wondering how you all talk yourselves out of binging, giving in to food temptations, etc.

Anyway, that's my tirade for today - I'll be back after I wash clothes and get a grocery list together.

I am grateful you're here!

Marnie
Old 06-27-2003, 04:10 PM   #24  

G'day all,

Well my last weekend here
We are going for a drive today have a look at a few more sights and then I will be on the home stretch.
The last few days I have kept busy making a mock movieposter, the 'stars' being the Lucent and Telecom NZ people. Tuesday is the day that Lucent Technologies takes over some of the tasks of Telecom NZ and those people will now be working for Lucent. As you can imagene, quite a big day, the conclusion to 2 years of negotiations. The poster has turned out well. I had it printed yesterday A1 size, and dh thinks it is fantastic, he is probably slightly biased

Marnie seems to be only you and me the last few days . I probably admonish myself very similar to you and I would imagene, most of us here would be very similar.
Your days food sounds good other than you do have breakfast, don't you?? I have to have breakfast, I would be quite faint if I didn't. Good luck this week, I am sure it will be better.
My day ended up OK, other than I got so engrossed in getting this poster done that I was too lazy to get a proper lunch and had some nuts/biscuits (WW ones ) then celebrated my success of the poster sharing a bottle of wine with dh.
So that next week will be another effort to stay on the straight and narrow

Lily I have found this website which I thought you might like http://www.wetcanvas.com/, it is very interesting. I also got the idea of my avatar there, I noticed someone else did something similar in the forums. I have been meaning to tell you about it, yesterday I had a good look around and I find it very inspiring for digital photography, image manipulation using Photoshop, PSP, Corel etc. etc.
I have tried to send you an email but it keeps returning to me, can you let me know your email address and I will forward all the interesting bits and pieces to you as I find them, goodness knows I have the time to find them

Now my geography of USA is hopeless, are any of you close to New Jersey????? DH reckons he may have to go there for a bit of a 'brainstorming' session and him being the only Asian Pacific person, it would be more economical for him to go to New Jersey. Of course we have heard all this before and nothing has happened but then again who knows
If some of you were 'just down the road' of New Jersey perhaps we could catch up!!!
Have a great weekend all
Cheers
Maria
Old 06-27-2003, 06:25 PM   #25  

Hey Maria - thanks for the response.

So far so good today. The reason I did NOT have breakfast this morning (which, yes, I normally do) is that I was still FULL from having oriental food for supper last night.

Tomorrow is another day! I'll check in bright and early.

Hope you all are doing okay. I feel better today.

Marnie

PS: I've had all my water, too, and journaled every single thing!

See ya tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:32 PM   #26  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs down More sunshine!

Hi all: Well we are finally getting some of our sunshine back again. How wonderful.

Another good day at Curves. I do enjoy that exercise. I have gone 4 times this week. They recommend at least 3. I want to do as much as I can.

Marnie: Do you have any sort of exercise program that you do along with the WW plan? It sure does help - like walking or swimming or something of that sort? I could never go without breakfast. I seem to wake up hungry. I think I eat oatmeal or some form of oats every day. Good for the cholesterol too. Do you have a Curves near you, or some sort of Gym for exercise?
Have you had a problem with weight gain after you eat Chinese food? I can plan on two pounds the next day, always. I think it is the soy sauce and the Monosodium glutamate that is so heavy in the cooking.

Maria: Hope you have a nice drive round. About New Jersey- I think I am probably the closest one, and N. J. is about 1000miles north of us. When we go to visit family in Maine we always go through New Jersey. and it takes us two or three motel nights. Of course there are non-stop flights from Newark N.J. to Orlando and Orlando airport is about 35miles from us. Orlando is a great place to visit. How are the hip and leg doing? I hope you have found some relief.

My measurement day at Curves was a success. I have lost inches especially around my butt and that is good. Also two pounds since I started. So it is slow, even with the WW plan. I think I have just hit a brick wall for right now and the excercise is helping.

We are having a big Celebration here in the Park for the 4th of July. Games and dinner and an entertainer. I don't think we will have fireworks, although there are plenty of fireworks available and most cities will have a display. For once I don't have anything to do with the plans, we can just go and eat and be entertained.

Went to our line dancing class tonight. we have a great time and part of the group goes out and performs at Nursing homes now and again. got a bad cramp in my foot tonight, so came home and rubbed some Icy-Hot cream on it to see if that will relieve the pain some. This getting old brings on more aches and pains every day.

Have a good week end all. Ann
Old 06-28-2003, 09:21 AM   #27  

Hi all ,
Last night I wrote this wonderful post and it now some where in cyber space. Been a long time since that had happened to me.

Maria you sound like you really want to go home this time. So I’m glad it won’t be long now. You always do such fun things that time will past fast for you.

Marnie You were wondering what we eat. On the days that I am on the run for breakfast it’s usually a WW Chocolate Smoothie or a 2 point WW Breakfast bar and a banana or sometimes just a cheese sandwich. Because I’m on the road I have to have my lunch in a restaurant. So I stick with a big salad with chicken on it or in it dressing always on the side and a bread stick or roll of some kind. . Sometimes it soup and ½ a sandwich. Because it’s always late when I get home it’s a WW Smart One or a Lean Cuisine with some more veggies or fruit.. On Mondays and Friday when I am at home I like to cook for DH. He enjoys that also. (Most of the time he has to fend for himself.) Then it’s chicken ,pork chops or a small steak along with potatoes, pasta and some vegetables. Plus a salad . I have always eaten at the top of my point range even when I was in the losing mode. I rarely ever said no to anything. I just didn’t eat as much as I used to. It did take me a year to lose 50 pounds. But I know I have learned and now put to use new and better eating habits. Sure sometime just like everybody I slip up and get down and roll around in fatty foods but the difference now is that I know how to get right back on program with out all the pity party’s I used to have. Most people do use the scale as the only measure of success. But I say there are some many other ways. Some times I am temped to not write down a + or – on a members card and just add to the accumulative weight . That way they would have to focus on the over all picture. The success they have already had, the way clothes fit, how much better they feel and are able to move& bend .
Marnie take what is known in some circles as the scenic route. Enjoy the journey . Baby Steps is how you learn new and better habits.

Well gals this is me stepping down from my soap box closing my mouth and hoping you all have a great weekend. Hope the sun is bright and beautiful where you are. We've had so much rain we need sun. My hanging flower out side are water logged.

Karen
Old 06-28-2003, 11:33 PM   #28  

See ya at the next thread!

Maria
Closed Thread