Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 03:34 PM   #1  
Susan

Thumbs down Thursday Chatter

Hi Everyone,

I started us a new thread since our other one was getting long. Please join us, everyone is welcome. Some of us weigh on Thursdays and others (as in myself) don't.

Hope you all are having a great day.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:32 PM   #2  
DOXIEMAMA

Hello Everyone;
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Punky (real name is Jeniece) But I have been called Punky sense birth. I am 47 years old. I live with my wonderful husband, Arthur. We have 3 female Dachshunds. (Skeeter,Scooter, & Squeaker) I have 3 kids from a previous marriage. Holly 31, Hilda 29, & David 24. I have 2 grandkids. Paxton 3, Truman 1. They are Holly's. I live on Whidbey Island in Washington state.
I joined W.W. on April 17th 2003. I have lost 20.2 pounds. I just love the points. I wish I would have done this long ago. I have tried every weight loss program and diet that there is. But there wasn't W.W. on the Island until now. This is something that I can stick with for life.
I hope to post often. And I hope to hear from all of you soon. Thanks for allowing me to join your group. Punky
Old 06-19-2003, 05:44 PM   #3  
Susan

Hi Punky,
Welcome to the group! I'm Susan and live about 30 miles north of Dallas. I am 40, I will be 41 next Wednesday. I have 5 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 horses. I have no children. I'm a special ed. teacher at a local middle school, so I consider that I have many children, I just don't have to bring them home.

I am a lifetimer but I stopped going to meetings and then not only gained a few pounds but way too many of them. So I have about 60 pounds to lose now. I just went back about 6 weeks ago and have lost 10.6 pounds. I'm a slow loser so I'm happy when I lose. I'm doing it this time!!!!

I just had partial knee replacement in Dec. so I just went back to exercising last week at Curves and have been swimming a couple of nights a week. I hope that helps and speeds up my loss.

Glad you joined us!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:30 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

I'm Baaack!

Welcome to the group, Punky. We are glad you found us.

Well, I am back to stay this time, I hope. Larry has to go back to Abilene this weekend because the probate hearing is Monday. He said I could stay home.
I had a bad virus the whole time we were in North Carollina, and coming and going. Today is the first time I haven't had a bad sore throat. Maybe by the end of the week, I'll feel more normal. The graveside service was very nice. All the relatives made me feel like part of their family. (This was only the second time I'd ever seen them.)

I don't know if I'll weigh this week. I probably should because I haven't felt like eating anything. I could taste but just couldn't eat because of my throat.

I hope Tammy had a good trip.

Someone is having a birthday tomorrow! I wonder who!!!!!

How is everyone else doing?????
Tina
Old 06-24-2003, 10:06 PM   #5  
Susan

Hi,

Tina, I'm so glad that ya'll got back safely. I know it was a hard trip for both of you and especially Larry. I'm sorry that you've been sick. I'm sure that it is from the stress!! Take care of yourself!!

I wonder who has a birthday tomorrow!! Well, that has to be ME!! Pat is taking the day off, and we are going to the Ft. Worth zoo. It should be fun. My mom called today to wish me a happy birthday and I had to remind her it was tomorrow. It was pretty funny!

I'm not weighing in this week either. My friend, wife and son took me out to lunch and I ate way too much. Oh well!!!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:25 PM   #6  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN!!! Sorry I didn't read this yesterday. I hope you had a wonderful day! Did you do something special? If so I hope you enjoyed yourself. I hope anyone else out there who has a birthday coming up has a great one.......Sis
Old 06-25-2003, 07:59 PM   #7  
DOXIEMAMA

Hello Everyone
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Sorry to hear that you are sick Tina Hope you feel better real soon. Happy Birthday Susan.
I will post more later. Bye for now. Punky
Old 06-25-2003, 09:34 PM   #8  
Susan

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!!! Wow, another year older and I still feel like I did in my 20's. Pat took the day off and we played all day. It was a blast. I didn't weigh in today and don't plan on it until next week. Off to check on some cookies that I have in the oven.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:15 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

T.G.I.F.

Punky, let me introduce myself to you. I'm 50+, just had a birthday, and live in Texas. My husband and I have one grown son (29) who lives nearby. No grandchildren yet.......don't know when he'll get around to marriage.
I became a Lifetimer in '93 but have fallen off the wagon several times. I love cooking, sewing and needlepoint. Oh, and we are "owned" by a 13 year old cat, Smokey.

I cannot believe this month is gone. I plan on savouring every day in July. Can you believe that July 4th is just around the corner!!!!! Does anyone have special plans?
I think we'll cook out. Maybe we'll go to a movie.
Does anyone know when Legally Blond 2 comes out????

Have a super weekend.
Tina
Old 06-28-2003, 08:13 PM   #10  

Happy Birthday Susan!!

Welcome to the gang Punky! We have a dachsund named Kramer. I think he is the boss of our house! We have a son who is 15 and a busy boy! He is involved in way too many things, but he enjoyes them all, so why not? I am 48, live in Ohio, and I teach 2nd grade (at least I did when I left school the beginning of June! They've been known to change people around.)

Tina, we drove through NC on our way to Georgia. It is so pretty down there. We loved our time at the ocean. I think I could live there!

Working on getting our clothes washed up from the trip, so I need to get out of here for now. Oh, we did loads of walking and hit a couple of exercise rooms at the motels. That made me feel better about what I ate on the trip!! lol
Old 06-29-2003, 12:02 AM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, Welcome home. I'm glad you had such a good trip.
what part of NC did y'all go through? My husband's relatives live around Morehead City and Beaufort.
It's so hot around here.
Larry has to return to Abilene in the morning for the Monday court date for the will.
I wish I was going, too, now. But, I don't envy him that long ride.

I found out that Legally Blond 2 will be out on Wednesday. I guess they want to be in the movies for July 4th.

I did pretty good eating today. I'm feeling so good now that I'll start back on the ole treadmill on Monday. My muscles are turning to much.

Tina
Old 06-29-2003, 11:44 AM   #12  
Susan

Hi Ya'll

Thanks for my birthday wishes!! I have had a horrible food week. I seem to be off track and can't seem to get back on the right one. I'm afraid to weigh in this week!!!! It isn't going to be pretty. I'll be swimming and going to Curves alot this week.

Tammy, glad you had a good time on vacation. I think one of the best things is getting back home!!

Tina, we went to the movies for my birthday. We saw The Italian Job. It was pretty good but even better was the movie popcorn!!!! YUM!!

Punky, how are things going for you?

Here's to an OP day!!!! And a lots of Water day!!
Old 06-29-2003, 09:04 PM   #13  
DOXIEMAMA

I'm doing real good Susan. I got my friend to join W.W. with me,it will be nice to have a buddy. So what is everyone doing for the 4th. This will be the first year sense my husband & I have been together, that we have had the 4th off. And we have been together for 10 years. We are nurses. I retired 5 years ago,but my husband is still at it. So we are going to have a nice "quiet" time here at home, we are going to BBQ,and set off some of our own fireworks. On the 3rd the city has fireworks down on the beach, we may go to that. I hope everyone has a great 4th. Punky
Old 06-30-2003, 05:09 PM   #14  
Susan

Smile

Hi All,
Ok, I just discovered something wonderfully delicious!! They are Wyler's Light Sorbet Bars!!! They are only 1 point each and have 35 calories. They are so good!!! They are like the icy pops that you freeze for kids. I found them by accident at Walgreens in the diabetic section.

Hope everyone is doing good today. I'm trying really hard today since I've not been so good the last week. I'll see what the damage is on Wednesday morning. However, I did go to Curves this morning and plan to every day this week.

As for the 4th, we don't do much. The town's firework display is about a mile away from us so we sit in the backyard and watch it. Pat mentioned something about having a couple of his friends over for a cookout but hasn't said if it's gonna happen. I'm sure I'll find out on Friday
Old 06-30-2003, 05:41 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Hello,
Hope everyone's Monday went well.
Susan, I'll have to try those pops. I like the Starbucks mocha pops.
I just imagine we will grill burgers and I'll make a little potato salad and my famous baked beans. I don't know if we'll do that at lunchtime or night. You can't see fireworks from our house because of all the beautiful trees. It's usually too hot and too many mosquitoes to go sit somewhere and watch them. One year is was actually breezy and coolish. That's not the norm.

Tina
Closed Thread