Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 11:06 AM   #1  
Inchworm

Default 50 or more, week of June 16

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, this is the group for you. So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Jan is on vacation, so thought I better start this week's thread, Hope you get to check in Jan! Have a great time!

Last edited by gmalil; 06-16-2003 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:17 AM   #2  
Inchworm

Well, it was a busy weekend around here!
dh came home from his fishing trip, bringing our son and his girlfriend, and dgd and her dh came in from OK. Local dd and dgd's came for Father's day, we had 13 around our dinner table last night. It was kind of a shock after being only dgd and I for 2 weeks! DS and his GF insisted on doing the dishes, so HEY! who am I to argue! We all had a good visit, enjoyed all the laughter and memories shared by the kids. WHEN DID THEY ALL GROW UP!!??
We've beem raising grandkids for 12 yrs, the last one graduates from high school on Wed., and leaves for the USAF mid July. The quiet empty nest will be strange....but nice.
We had a good dinner of turkey and veggies, watermelon, strawberries...easy to be on program....just a taste of dressing and gravy. This new generation does not like my giblet gravy, that has been handed down thru generations, so guess I will have to file that recipe away. (They call it turkey gut gravy)
Old 06-17-2003, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Your dinner sounds great. Fussy kids.

I am just going along trying to stay OP. Done OK so far the last few days.

Have lots of social things this week including a wedding on Fri.
So am trying to bank some points.

Hope everyone has a great OP week. Will check back in later in the week. Bye for now.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:51 AM   #4  
Inchworm

Hi bandit2 WTG being aware of the social times that could be trouble ! I've never been good at banking points! Maybe today is the day that I will get smart about that!

the 'kids' want to go to a big flea market type thing today, so will get some walking in. Best go get ready.

have a great day!
Old 06-18-2003, 09:29 PM   #5  

Well, as I sat here earlier today eating a big bowlful of Cool Whip and chocolate chips, I realized that I have two choices -- stay overweight and unhappy with myself, or go back to WW and try to lose some of this bulk. May I rejoin this wonderful group? (I am a lifetimer, wayyyy over goal who hasn't been going to the meetings, nor posting here for a very long time.) I see there are some new members: Welcome to you! I'm back, with my head bowed in shame....

Old 06-19-2003, 10:28 AM   #6  

Welcome Linda:

I fell yukky as well. Had a terrible night with eating. Totally out of control. My banked points for the wedding were used for sure.

Back on track today & hopefully will do better.

Have a great OP day.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:09 AM   #7  

Bandit2, thanks for the welcome. I feel that I'm doing the right thing tonight even *more* than I did last night when the light bulb went off over my head about rejoining WW. I'm looking forward to my first meeting which will be next Wednesday at noon. I like the leader who runs the Wednesday noon meetings, she is very motivating as I recall. Good for you, for getting back on track today. Do you find that you get hungry when you restrict your points? That was one of my problems when I was doing the program before, my points added up way too fast. I could rarely eat the minimum amount in my range and be satisfied.

Is texaslady posting again yet? How about Carol and Janet? JOYce, you have been so faithful to keep up with this thread, even with all of your extra activities in doing so much for other people (as usual).
Old 06-20-2003, 10:06 AM   #8  

Default Hi from Canada!

Finally got a chance to get online, and just had to stop in and say hello!

JOYce, I am SO glad that your cardio tests turned out well! Whew, what a relief! Sounds like you really had a full house there, and managed the program so well ... times like that are especially difficult for me, with lots of good food around and all the hustle and bustle.

Linda, that light bulb moment is a sure sign that you are going to make it to goal! Don`t be too hard on yourself re: gaining some back, because you know that you have the skills and determination to make it happen. Sending good vibes your way!

Bandit, keep on keepin`on ... you`re doing so well!

Wish I could post more, but am running out of time. DH and I are in Quebec right now, and have done lots of walking around the old walled city; everywhere you look, there`s a beautiful old house (like 1600-1700, now that`s old!) and of course, all these great French restaurants. We are being reasonably good but not perfect on that front; hopefully all the exercise is balancing out the restaurant meals! And we brought Kashi along for breakfasts, haven`t had a single croissant, that should count for something!

Gotta run; we are heading to Montreal this morning. Cool, beautiful weather ... it will be a shock to return to Texas next week!

Hi again to our new member, Granny; hope things are going well for you!
Regards,
Jan
Old 06-20-2003, 11:44 AM   #9  

Jan, how nice to hear from you from Canada -- sounds like you are having a great time. Wish I could see some of those old houses you've been seeing, we love old places like that. Good for you and DH, managing to stay away from some of the French goodies you've seen in restaurants -- keep up the good work. Have a wonderful time!
Old 06-20-2003, 12:16 PM   #10  
Inchworm

Hi JAN! so good to hear from you, I know you are having a great time! Croissants would be my downfall, I fear, in fact we had some for the big grad party to make sandwiches with. (I also had no fat pita)

the troops are awake, so better scoot.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:21 PM   #11  

Linda, welcome back and WTG for getting back on track. I'm on and off it so much I don't know whether I'm coming or going!
Joyce, I'm so glad the tests turned out well. What will you do without a grand to raise?
Bandit, hang in there! The trick is getting back op, and I know you'll do it like a champ.
Jan, I'm glad you are enjoying your trip.
Take care all, and hi to Janet and anyone else I missed.
Carol
Old 06-21-2003, 06:37 PM   #12  

Carol, thank you for the warm "welcome back," I was so glad to see your name again! Maybe you and I can encourage one another to get back OP and stay there.

We went to the Olive Garden for dinner a couple of nights ago, and I had a very low-points dinner; *no* salad and *no* breadsticks, and a low point entree. I need to get back into the habit of looking at food as having a certain amount of points, as for a long time I have eaten with abandon, and it shows.

Saw JOYce a little while ago; her DS had purchased four bags of the new "Groovy" M&M's for us up in Idaho, as I heard they were available at Super Wal*Marts, which we don't have here. Anyway, I just got back from picking up my two bags, and you should see the preparations she has made for DGD's going away party in another couple of weeks -- red, white and blue *everywhere!* She even came to the door with a red, white and blue blow-up beach ball under her arm, she's hanging them up as decorations, too. If our country had cheerleaders, JOYce would head them up.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:39 PM   #13  
Inchworm

CAROL! so good to hear from you!
don't worry about me when the grands are gone! (Lots of friends seem genuinely concerned about it though!) We'll be JUST fine!
We'll be coming and going all summer, it was easy for me to make my reservations for Jan's this summer, knowing that dh would be just fine (he'll be fishing), and no one else to worry about. another dgd is glad to come and house sit because her cubpoards are usually pretty bare, and she enjoys mine that are usually full.
It's quiet around here today, dh is gone fishing with dgd's dh, We put ds and his friend on the plane this morning, dgd is gone visiting friends, so it's only me and 1 dgd, after having 7 of here for a week! (It really hasn't beenthat hectic.)

more later..
Old 06-21-2003, 06:42 PM   #14  
Inchworm

Hi Linda! gmta! Posting at the same time!
I'm glad you like my preparations for the BIG party.
so much fun! I'm glad I have 2 weeks to get ready, and it is great that the party is near 4th of July, so much available in RWB!

Last edited by gmalil; 06-21-2003 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:04 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies:

Congrats to all of you that have lost weight this week. Keep up the good work.

Janetmae - you are about 4 hours from me in Montreal. I live outside Toronto. Hope you have a great holiday. I like Montreal as well.

Was up 1/2# this week. Had 2 birthdays & a wedding but that is no excuse so I will have to behalf myself this week. So far so good. Made tuna cakes for supper with baked potatoe & veggies.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Closed Thread