Thursday Chatters for June!!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • It's even hot here in Ohio. I'm drinking lots of water.

I was finally able to move my butterfly. Took forever to break that plateau.
  • Tammy. The butterfly moved !!!!!

• Thanks Tina!

Today has been a lazy day.
    My 97 year old aunt passed away the other night. I had stayed at nursing home with another aunt a couple of nights with another aunt so she wouldn't be alone. Since then all kinds of appts. Funeral home, lawyer. The funeral is tomorrow. Aunt Wanda was like a grandma to my brothers and me. She lived 4 houses away from us growing up. She will be missed.
  • Tammy, I am so sorry. It's good you are there to help in this difficult time.
    Is this the aunt in all the photos?
  • She has been in several photos that my niece and my brother have posted recently.
  • Tammy, I hope the weather was good for the funeral.

Maureen, You are quiet!

So far, I've kept almost all the weight off that I lost after my surgery. I gained back about 1 1/2 pounds but that is okay.
  • good evening ladies

Tammy, sorry to hear about your aunt -
    Tina, that's great about keeping the pounds off
    I got on the scale this morning and after a week and a bit I managed to go up 4 lbs!!! I was so disgusted - today I managed to be really good with the food - at lunch I went for a half hour walk - tracked it on google and it was 1.4 miles - when I got home I went for another half hour walk - so feel good about today.
    I spent the weekend watching the news about the flooding in southern Alberta - luckily the part of Calgary that my oldest son lives wasn't effected and my other son lives a bit north of Calgary so he was okay too-lots of damage though - I guess in total about 75000 people had to leave their homes - they're slowly going back to assess the damage but a lot still can't go back-downtown is also a mess. good thing I took my holidays last month or I'd of been in the thick of it
    Tomorrow I have to take my mom for her annual pacemaker check - I'm glad she just has to go across the street to where she's staying -

well, let's all have a good rest of the day and a good one tomorrow
  • it was hot for the funeral, but the rain held off. This morning I found out that one of my cousins (on the other side of the family) fell off of a ladder and died. He was 67. Just unreal.

Tina, good for you for keeping the weight off!

Maureen, keep walking and you'll get rid of those 4 pounds. I had heard about the flooding! How awful for those people!
  • Good morning,

Maureen, you'll get those 4 pounds off, and more! We just take it one day at a time. I know that sounds old but it's true. I'm glad your sons didn't get caught in that flood. I saw pictures of houses floating away. Terrible!

Tammy, again, I'm sorry about your aunt and now your cousin.
    How is your weather? We are hitting 98 or 99. This weekend it will hit 100. Summer has finally arrived in TX.

• It has been hot and humid, not 98 or 99 yet, but in the 90's many days.
  • How are we doing.
    Maureen, I hope you have a great holiday!

Tammy, what's going on?

How are the other members?????

What are you doing for The 4th?

We don't have plans to go anywhere. I will make a Flag Cake.. I've never done that and want to try.

• good evening all
    thanks Tina - I don't plan on doing too much this weekend but it's nice having the long weekend-I never can stay up late enough to watch the fireworks(Monday) but I may attempt going downtown on Monday - but they're predicting 400, 000 people on Parliament Hill so I'm not sure - I can't stand that many people in one spot especially if it's hot!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend- I've been catching up on Criminal Minds
  • Tina, neat idea about the flag cake! I want a piece.

Maureen, I wouldn't want to be around that many people in the heat either!

Tim and Lauren will be gone from Thurs-Sun. Her best friend is getting married, and Lauren is in the wedding. I have to admit, it will be nice to have the house to myself for a few days.

Tim had been working so many hours, so he really wasn't home that much for several months. He switched private ambulance companies a few weeks ago, so he is home more now, but that will change the end of July because he will be going to the police academy again.

Lauren and I get along, but she tends to be a bit on the lazy side. I sat down earlier and made a list of things that the 3 of us need to talk about. When they moved in last June, they had agreed to do certain things around the house, and it isn't being done. I figure I'm doing my part of the bargain, so she can too. Since Tim is home more right now, he can do more also. I guess I'm a meany.

Next Saturday will be a family reunion on my mother's side. I still have no idea what I will take. Thinking maybe meatballs with bbq sauce in the crock pot. We have it at a cousin's house, and the food is always inside so I'd have a place to plug it in.
  • good morning all

Tammy, I don't think you're being a meanie at all - it's hard enough living with other people no matter how much you love them - but they have to do their share - have the talk again -
    I'm off to get one of my sisters and take her grocery shopping - she doesn't have a car and it's hard for her to get around - I start walking home next week, weather permitting, a few days anyway it's a mile walk and according to google should take about an hour and a half - I bought my sunscreen yesterday!!!

well let's all have a great day

maureen
  • Hi,
    Tammy, I agree with Maureen, no matter what is planned, people will take advantage. DO have that talk. Since you have a good relationship with Lauren, it should go well.
    Meatballs sound very good. How about some of your deviled eggs!

Maureen, an hour and a half walk after work sounds too long! You are sweet, helping your sister. I know she appreciates it.

Okay, I'd better go put on make-up for church. Don't want to scare anyone.