View Poll Results: What did you think of the Matrix reloaded?
Stunk Disapointing and not as good as the first 2 15.38%
Rocked great effects Oh my god can't wait for 3 1 7.69%
It left me hanging and was a good setup for 3 3 23.08%
I haven't seen it/ havent seen it yet don't spoil it woman! 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 04:35 PM   #16  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lori - I don't think birth announcements would be rude. Even if I attended a shower and gave a gift, I'd still want to know that the baby was born healthy, had a name, etc. etc.

Kim - I can't pretend to understand the baby bug but I hope you have a lot of fun trying for one! Be careful getting the BCP out of your system...my sister had the 3 to 4 months plan and got PG the first month.

Jess - I'm sorry you are having such a rough day honey. My sympathies on the news about your cat. Regarding the job - sucks that they wouldn't let you apply - my company pays x $'s per year towards school for any employee - does your's offer a program like that? You might not have to wait until you earn more that way. Finally - I've had totally weight/clothing meltdowns too. Once CB waited and admired about a dozen outfits that I tried on - and I didn't buy a single one - because it would have meant buying a larger size than last summer. I cried in the dressing room and on the way out of the store and he totally didn't get it - he kept saying that I looked great and why wasn't I getting anything? And I hate that chub above the waistline that shows under my shirt. Ugh!

Must work.

Laura
Old 06-02-2003, 05:45 PM   #17  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Let the Novella Begin!

Laura and Jess, I am SO shopping for clothes with you girls next time I go...you really understand. We could study each other from behind carefully for long periods of time and from every possible angle to see how fat our butts looked in outfits. You guys would totally understand the concept of the acceptable level of looking "ok" on me. Somehow Drew just doesn't get it...

Jess, I am so sorry about your cat. I remember when I found out about my kitty, Socks, that I had since I was 8, I was up all night for 2 nights, just crying and feeling so sad. My heart goes out to you honey...hang in there!

Kim, I will pray for the PG fairy to come and get you in 3-4 months...gosh, we'll have to start a baby photo webpage for all of us to post pics of the babes on soon!

Lori, did you feel completely awkward at your shower because you got so many things from so many people? I did. But hey, I bet you also had a lot of fun and are now at home folding and refolding all of the tiny little clothes. Setting up all of the baby stuff is so much fun!

Lexxy, on the positive side, at least you know that there are guys out there that you would be interested in. SO keep one ear on his situation,and if you hear rumors of breakup, be all over that. In the meantime, if there is one, there will be more...don't give up looking! As far as getting back on track, you WILL starting tonight. If you go out, you WILL drink only MIller Lite for 2 poitns a bottle and you WILL only eat a grilled chicken sandwich and NO FRIES and that's just it. This is the big pep talk I used to give myself when getting back on track, and strangely enough, there were a few times when it even worked. You can do it baby!!!!

Kt, what a bummer about the understudy. I would have been disappointed too. You are such a nice friend to help friends move, which is the world's crummiest job. I am not sure about the more energy through low-carbing right now, because at the moment I have a pretty painful ulcer and the bacterial infection that goes along with that in my tummy. SO I'm kind of in pain and tired a lot. It's getting scoped on Friday so that they can finally do something about it, but in the meantime we have to put off taking Clomid and trying to have another baby until that is resolved. SO between my tiredness from sore tummy and being really disappointed, I don't know about the energy thing yet. But I will let you know.

Kier, I am so going to hold you to that Monday try-on thingie. And one of these Mondays, not only will you get them on, they will fall right off of your skinny little butt! Hoo-yah! Slip the irate family members some valium, so you can have some time to relax!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my almost birthday twin, Becky...just think, we are only two years and a day apart (I'll be 29). Have fun tonight, and that was great advice about not overeating...who wants to ruin a birthday evening being so bloated and uncomfortable you can hardly stand it!

Ok, just got back from the dentist. We thought I needed a root canal, turns out with a minor shave-down to adjust my bite, I need nothing of the sort. So since we had put the money into our flexible spending account and we'll lose it if we don't spend it somehow, I came home witha tooth bleaching system. I am wearing the trays right now, and I sound just dumb...a big lisp, unable to say my "rr"'s. I spoke to a telemarketer in my full speech-impediment glory -- he asked if my parents were home. I said no, call back later when my dad gets home from work. Drew should enjoy that one!

Cleaning Lady Toni (who I think is a miracle worker) came today, so I'm going to go now to have a long hot soak in my freshly-scrubbed (and the best part, not by me) bathtub.

Later, ladies!!!
Closed Thread