Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 11:24 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Hello-----
Okay group are we ready for the weekend? I am. I'm ready to get out there and work in the yard. The ground is wet--well it's raining hard right now
so it'll be perfect to put down new grass. Every Spring we have to plant grass on one side of our front yard. It's a ritual now.
The flowers are at the nursery and I want to get some. My, My do I have big plans are what!
I hope I can do this. I can feel the calories burning as I write this.

Tracy, Cindy, where are y'all?

Tina
Old 03-09-2001, 08:53 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Good evening,
Warning!!! Warning!!!
Here's a recipe that I definitely do not recommend.
Tamale Tart Yuk It's in the "Entree" part of the 3fat chicks recipes.
This is an awful tasting thing. The ingredients aren't bad but together. Blah......

What's happening this weekend? I plan on working in my yard.

Tina
Old 03-09-2001, 09:31 PM   #3  

Hi all! Saturday will be very exciting. (?) Tim and I are getting up and heading out to pass Scouting for Food bags. Our area has been increased, so it will probably take us 3 hours to cover. I drive, Tim hangs out the car window and hooks the bags on mailboxes. I live in a rural area, so I am not driving up on people's porches for him! The following Saturday morning, we go back and pick up food that has been left. The food stays at our local food pantry at one of the churches.
After we do that, we head to our church's family center and put together subs that the Scouts sold. Oh boy! How exciting can my life get?

Sunday afternoon my stepson and his family are supposed to come. It has been ages since we've been together. It will be great to see the grandkids (both boys, 5 & almost 3).

We don't have school on Monday. It is teacher in-service day. I have all of my hours in from different things that I've attended, so I don't have to be at school. The rest of the week we will be doing testing.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-09-2001, 09:38 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hey Tammy,
You said you didn't have school on Monday. When do you get a Spring Break? The schools around here are out all of next week.
It sounds like a fun day tomorrow. I always enjoy being with our son--just him and me.

tina
Old 03-09-2001, 09:42 PM   #5  

Our spring break (if you call it that) is the Thurs. and Fri. before Easter and the Monday after Easter. We have little mini-breaks in Jan. and Feb. (3 and 4 day weekends) so we don't have a long spring break.
Old 03-10-2001, 10:35 AM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Hello-Happy Saturday

I wanted to wish each of you a glorious day! May you have lots of fun and few calories.
I know, I sound Irish and it's not that day yet.

Have a great one!
Tina
Old 03-10-2001, 01:06 PM   #7  
In puppy hell

Afternoon ladies!

I had a horrible revelation this morning. I was getting ready to go to a memorial (very sad, neighbor died, 46 years old, she just keeled over one night). Anyway, NOTHING fit! I knew I had gained since I quit smoking but THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

I'm freaking out (no way I'm going near the scale) but at least I drank 3 glasses of water already, had yogurt and a banana for breakfast.

Man you know you're overweight but then there's the day you discover just how bad.

Hope you're all having a happier day than I am. I'm going to go drink some more water! I'd like to lose 5 lbs in two weeks, perhaps that will give me a bit of control!

Addey
Old 03-10-2001, 03:19 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Addey, I know where you're coming from. I was so upset at myself this morning that I even considered buying some Slim Fast! Now that's scarey.
Now you've had a "wake up" call. I had one, too. I can't wear any of my skirts!! This past week, I wore pants or dresses with full skirts. Oh, I went to buy another pair of slacks. When I saw how awful my thighs looked, I almost fainted. I had no idea how bad I looked.
You give me incentive to drink water today.

I am sorry about your neighbor.

Hope everyone has good weather today.
Old 03-10-2001, 05:46 PM   #9  
start your engines!

Default new to the message boards

Hi Thursday weighers!

I have recently joined WW and have Thurs. meetings too. I have been a yo-yo dieter for years and have sworn that this time I will stick to it and rejoin until I am a lifer! My biggest problem is that with a Thursday weigh-in my brain thinks its ok to cheat--since I have 4 days after before the next weigh-in. It's gonna take a LOT of willpower to get over that. Anyway, thanks for letting me butt in.
Old 03-11-2001, 12:20 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Race84 - Welcome
You are not butting in. We are glad to have you here. And, congratulations on your determination to lose this time. Don't worry, you will do it this time.

I think a big problem with all of us is that after weigh-in, the weekend comes and we can eat just a little more and then think we'll make up for it later. WELL, on WW, we have to think differently. We can go wild on the weekends, if we have banked our points. Then, we don't have to feel guilty.
Okay, enough of that.
We're glad to have you join our merry group. There are more of us than you see.

Speaking of more of us. Come on group, I'd love to hear from you.
Tina
Old 03-11-2001, 06:36 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Recipes

Okay, my blueberry muffin recipe isn't "really" mine. I use the Betty Crocker Sweet Rewards muffin mix. However, I substitute applesauce for the oil and egg substitute for the real egg. It's sooooo good.

Here is one of my all time favorite cake recipes. I was hungry today and remembered about it. So, I just took one out of the oven. It's simple and fast.

I got it off the old WW message board way back in 1998!!!

Pineapple Cake
Serving Size: 12 Points: 4

5 egg whites (I use egg substitute)
1-20 oz. can crushed pineapple in juice - undrained
1 box yellow cake mix - reduced fat
1 tablespoon sugar

Beat egg whites until foamy. Add pineapple and cake mix. Spread in a sprayed and floured 9x13 in. pan.
Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. sugar.
Bake 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes. Freezes well.

Enjoy!
Old 03-11-2001, 10:50 PM   #12  

Tina, I think I am hungry now!!! I think I'll go to bed so I'm not tempted to hit the kitchen. My stepson and his family were here today. Lots of snackies, and I overdid it. I didn't eat a cupcake though. Very proud of myself. I did eat a turkey and cheese sandwich and potato chips. Passed on the dip though. I also ate a few slices of Swiss cheese (my favorite).

Meeting a couple friends at Bob Evans in the morning for brunch/talking/laughing. I think the laughing will be the high point. We always have a great time together.

Welcome to the group Race84!! Glad to have you.
Old 03-12-2001, 08:57 AM   #13  
start your engines!

Default will I ever have an OP weekend??!

Thanks for making me feel at home! I really need the support right now! We had my fiance's kids this weekend- 3 girls ages 12-10-6. And even though I love them to pieces it just was a stressful time, and of course we had fast-greasy-easy foods in the house for them, but who ate the most of it? Yep, me. I am feeling the quilt today. I was WAY over on pts yesterday. I just can't seem to cope with anything unless I have food in my mouth! AARRGH!!! And just taking a walk was not an option as it snowed all day here- 4 new inches on the ground-- and that doesn't help the situation either.
I'm back on track today (so far) and plan to have a good week but this kind of weekend behavior is sabotaging my losses.
Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 03-12-2001, 03:20 PM   #14  

Hey I can relate to the problem weekends. I know what I need to do, but I eat anyway. I've always been like that. I do better during the week when I'm at work. No chance to grab at things there. I do drink during the day. (water, that is!!!)

We're having a chicken/rice/broccoli casserole for supper. Sounds kind of healthy I guess. There are still cupcakes. Why didn't we send those with Todd and his family when they left yesterday? Duh.

Toodles! Tammy
Old 03-13-2001, 12:26 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

I wish y'all could take my pineapple cake away from me........I've eaten half of it myself. that thing just calls my name - and I answer.
Yea!!!!! tomorrow I'm off. I had such a busy day. I'm ready for some r & r.

Addey, how is that new job going?
Closed Thread