Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 08:51 AM   #16  
In puppy hell

Hi guys (and or gals!)

Race - what kind of racing do you like??

My weekend was not too bad (not great either). I was over on points but made much better choices. We were out on Sat night and I had a huge portion of salad before I had huge portions of anything else.

Tina- at least the cake is low fat right? Imagine if it was the real thing! Thanks for the recipes. I'm going to try them!

Tammy, please - chicken, rice and brocolli casserole? RECIPE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds great! I love that kinda stuff! Does it have a nice light sauce - lemon perhaps? Geez, I better go and eat something.

Oh and Tina - job is great so far! Thanks for checking.
Addey!
Old 03-13-2001, 09:47 AM   #17  

Default I'm Baaack!

Hi Tina and everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. Things have been hectic and computer time is usually the first to go!

Well, I lost the 2 pounds I gained when I went out of town/my grandmother passed away, so going into my fourth week, I'm back to a 4 pound loss. Ugh, can I count it as 6 since I lost 2 of them twice!?!?

Having a good week so far, having friends stay with us this weekend so we'll see how THAT goes. I'm sure it will be fine!

Just checking in, and I'll catch up more later!

Cindy
Old 03-13-2001, 04:29 PM   #18  

Hi everyone.

I'm back from my vacation in sunny San Diego. We had a blast! We loved SeaWorld and all the other sites. I loved that it was warm and sunny. I told my husband I would love to live there.

I did really well on my diet, considering all the great places to eat down there. I guess I'll find out at weigh in this week.

Sounds like all of you are doing well too, and staying busy.

Have a great day.

Tracy
Old 03-13-2001, 06:19 PM   #19  
Thursday Lady

WoW!!! It's so nice to hear from Cindy and Tracy.
You two have been missed around here.

Cindy, you'll have to elaborate more on your trip. I know it was fabulous.

Tracy. good going on losing those 2 pounds. How are you dealing with your grief? I'm still so sorry about your loss. Be sure and try that Pineapple Cake recipe. It's heavenly--but very addictive.

Okay group, I went to J.C. Penney's today to try finding something to wear to work. You know, it's kind of in between clothes time now (at least down here). Wools are way to hot and it's not Easter, so whites and pale colors aren't appropriate yet. (Wonder who made that a rule? )
I was so disgusted with myself. Nothing fit well over these hips. This is another wake-up call to get exercising more. Okay --- I need some urging and support here!!!

Everyone have a good Tuesday evening.
Tina
Old 03-13-2001, 11:28 PM   #20  
start your engines!

icesmom- I'm into stocks and sprints -my fiance' races locally and we both enjoy Winston Cup--sad about Dale-I see you are a big fan-so sorry-he was such an asset. I personally cheer for Todd Bodine-#66- I think he's got a lot of potential, he just needs to get with the right team- he got a raw deal with the Tobasco team back when and hasn't found a team that does him justice.

Well, only 2 more days til weigh in- I hope everybody's week is going well--I'm not even gonna try to make that cake- I'd be in BIG trouble!!

Hopefully I made it through this weekend without doing too much damage!

I wish everyone luck and encouragement as they face their personal challenges. That's the problem with trying to lose weight--life keeps going on doing all the things that make us want to eat- stress-birthdays-holidays-losses- etc.--and we have to find the strength to rise above it all and say it's worth it --I'M WORTH IT!!
Old 03-14-2001, 01:20 PM   #21  
Dropping so I can TTC

Believe it or not I am alive. If you will still have me I would like to be part of the Thursday chatters (even though I weigh in on Friday)
Woo hoo! I am glad the site is back up. It has been a busy few weeks. I had a great time in Toronto. I have been busy working on wedding stuff. I ordered my gown last Thursday, the scale finally moved after 3 weeks (it went up after I decided to get my hair braided). My fiance is working on HOPEFULLY coming home this weekend. He is hating Toronto and all the snow (one of the reasons he moved from Eastern Canada in the first place)

I am also a moderator and community leader for a wedding board. That has been keeping me busy. Dave and I have been working on our wedding webpage www.stormpages.com/daveandjill
We added a photo gallery of pix that were taken almost 3 weeks ago.
Been VERY busy at both jobs too! Calgon take me away!
Old 03-14-2001, 04:58 PM   #22  
Thursday Lady

Good afternoon, Well, it is somewhere! It's pouring down rain here. And, it's cooler. Booo

Jill - welcome home
You do not have to ask if we'll let you stay with us. Hey girl, you are part of us. We've been together for a very long time.
My mind fails me---what's the date of your wedding?
I'll have to go look at your web site. It sounds great.

Tina
Old 03-14-2001, 08:56 PM   #23  

Addey, recipe? Well, I kind of combined 2 recipes and didn't really follow the directions. The casserole wasn't the best. I was disappointed. Maybe if I would have followed just 1 recipe and followed all of the directions, it would've been better, you think? My son told me that it tasted like very bland oatmeal!!!!!!!!!! So much for cooking. I think we'll just eat out all the time.

I've been doing OK on the food I guess. Not expecting a loss this week though. I feel bloated.

Nice to see a variety of people posting again. We've missed you guys!!!!
Old 03-14-2001, 11:04 PM   #24  
Dropping so I can TTC

Thanks Tina!
my wedding date is 12/11. We still have a lot to take care of when Dave gets back from Toronto.

Gotta go Survivor is on

BTW I will be out of touch pretty much until Friday night. Gotta travel and do med inventories at our other sites
Old 03-14-2001, 11:34 PM   #25  
Thursday Lady

How is everyone?
Tammy, you made me laugh so hard. If Tim thought that dish tasted like bland oatmeal, throw out the recipes. We have been eating out so much that it's a great treat when I cook. Wow, I've cooked twice in a row this week. The meatloaf tonight was eidible to me. I had this little tiny piece.

I found some Pepperidge Farm, lite Italian bread. It's 45 cal. per slice. It has nuts or something on the top crust. It's soooo good. I smeared a tiny bit of lo-cal margarine on a few pieces and put them in the oven. Oh my, I could've had the whole loaf for supper. Hey, I was below my max number of pts. for the day. That's quite an accomplishment.

Tracy, what's happening? Kimmy-Jo, how is your little one doing? Addey, are you staying out of the chips? Cindy, are you busy cleaning house for the weekend? Remember housework is a great exercise.
Flow, Maureen, Dee------where are y'all????? Race, how are you doing?

It's late and I have a full day ahead tomorrow.
Good luck to everyone at your weigh-ins.

Tina
Old 03-15-2001, 08:50 PM   #26  

Maybe instead of the bland oatmeal casserole I should've stuck with meat loaf. That is one thing that I can make! Bob and Tim both love it.

I have really been a pig today. Tomorrow won't be much better. Birthday party for one of the other teachers at our lunchtime. She is having back surgery on Monday and won't be back to school until May. I'm taking fresh vegies and some cheese for my part of the celebration. We are also having fresh fruit, chili cheese dip and chips, and some kind of cake. I guess I'll skip breakfast and supper!!! I ate enough today to last me until Monday.

Tim came home from track practice tonight and said he is going to run hurdles! I was shocked. He had said that he didn't want to do them because he didn't want to hurt any body parts!!!! LOL One of the 8th grade drummers does hurdles and he talked Tim into trying it. I guess he did a good job. Oh boy!!!
Old 03-15-2001, 09:13 PM   #27  
Susan

Default hi

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if I could join your group? I weigh in on Thursday evenings and occassionally on Wednesday's during lunch (If I can get out long enough.)

I'm a lifetime member that has lost/gained , joined and rejoined more times than I can count. I know I can do it because I did it once before, however I gained it all back and it brought a bunch of friends with it.

This time I plan on doing for good. I'm doing it for myself this time. I think it would help if I had a group to chat with.

Susan

By the way, I'm from Texas too!
Old 03-15-2001, 11:41 PM   #28  
Thursday Lady

Angry

Welcome Susan. It's so nice having another Texan.
I know where you are coming from--weight wise. I've been there, done that, too.
This time, you sound so positive. You'll make it.
We are very glad you are with us. Post often. And, be sure and post on our weigh in thread, too.

Tina
Closed Thread