Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 12:10 PM   #1  

Default 50 or more pounds week of May 19

Janet, it is SO good to hear from you again! Wow, 23 pounds, you are doing a fantastic job on the WW front!! Hope you enjoyed those movies; I haven't seen White Oleander yet, but that's on my "list"! (We started renting dvd's from Netflix, which is a pretty good deal. And it gets us out of the kitchen at night! ) I'll bet your DD is walking on air now, huh, after that surprise proposal? How sweet!

JOYce, big excitement going on at your house, I can tell! Did dgd enjoy her prom?

Sorry to have been AWOL this weekend! DH and I went to SA Friday and stayed thru Sat. afternoon. Spent all day yesterday making lasagne and salad, etc. for a big luncheon today (DH's turn to provide lunch for 60 teachers, whew!). Good news on the WW front here too: DH made his 25 percent, and I came in a pound under goal! That's six pounds less than two weeks ago, when I was moaning and groaning about being 3 over the limit. (They give us a 2-pound fudge factor.) Have been very good lately program-wise, and have been avoiding white bread, potatoes, wine, and some other types of carbs that supposedly make you hungry and raise your blood sugar. I'm trying to learn more about glycemic index and glycemic load, because I think I might have been overdoing the carbs all along.

Busy week! Gotta run over to DH's campus and help with the luncheon ... Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 05-19-2003, 04:52 PM   #2  

HI EVERYONE! hOPE THIS WEEK WILL BE GREAT FOR US ALL....ARE YA'LLREADY TO BUILD A ARC YET? wELL i'M GOING TO wi TONIGHT, HOPING FOR A LOSS, IT'S JUST SLOW FOR ME.

JANET - CONGRADS ON THE 23 LOSS! YOU GO GIRL I'LL HAVE TO LOOK FOR THOSE NUTTY BARS. THEY SOUND YUMMY!

JANET MAE - WAY TO GO ON THE BELOW GOAL LOSS! ONE DAY MAYBE I WILL BE ABLE TO SAY THAT I'M BELOW GOAL!

WELL GOTTA RUN JUST WANTED TO SAY HI! WILL TRY TO CHECK IN LATER.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:11 PM   #3  

Default Re: 50 or more

Hi Nascar Girl! Have fun at WW tonight! And don't worry about the rate of loss; the important thing is to keep heading in the right direction, and you'll be at goal before you know it. Look how close you already are to your ten percent!!

Gotta run ... we're having our awards banquet tonight for the kids, and I need to frame some certificates for them. Y'all have a great week!
Old 05-20-2003, 05:45 PM   #4  

Gee, it's quiet in here!
JOYce, that Good Housekeeping article came out (June); I'm on pg. 46, but they say I'm from Michigan! Oh well!
Gotta run ... let's hear from y'all, drop in and say hi!
Regards,
Jan
Old 05-21-2003, 08:19 AM   #5  

Morning Ladies!

Well I went to WI on Monday and was up .8; but I'm not gonna worry about it seeing how T.O.M. arrived on Monday.

Janet Mae - Thanks for the encouragement! I know I'm close to that 10% goal.... I'm just ready to get there! LOL!! I think when I make it to there I'll feel a since of accomplishment and my determination will be stronger.

Well gotta get back to work ya'll have a great day!
Old 05-21-2003, 10:37 AM   #6  
Inchworm

JAN! How exciting! I will find a copy today! Can hardly wait to see it!
I'm so happy for you and dh's weight losses!

Yes there was much excitement around here! dgd was lovely for the prom! had a great time, she went out witha new guy who 'treated her like a princess'
PLUS! She got her drivers license the day before prom!
she is a happy camper!
I'm 'running' up to see mother today, will be a quick trip. be back Friday, before the holiday traffic.

sounds like everybody is doing great! I hope to join that crowd soon. at least I am maintaining, at present time.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:03 PM   #7  

Wow, JOYce, her driver's license and prom in two days ... how could anyone stand such excitement! Oh, to be young again ... sigh ... Hope you are having a great trip to see your mother; I know she'll be so happy to see you. And WTG on the maintaining ... that's so important, and not always easy as we all know!

Nascar Girl, that ten percent milestone is just around the corner for you, and we're all rootin' for ya! They say there are all kinds of health benefits from losing ten percent, and I'll bet you're already feeling better.

Had a busy day; took Dad to a dr appt, 160 miles r/t, after work; whew. Got up at 5:30 this morning to get some work done, so I'm really bushed now. Looking forward to our 3-day weekend! Anyone have special plans for Memorial Day weekend?
Old 05-23-2003, 03:35 PM   #8  
Inchworm

I'm back
Had a good trip...lots of trucks trying to get somewhere today, glad I left early, to stay out of holiday traffic!

JAN! That's quite a trip for a Dr's appt! Hope dad is well.

Weekend plans include a family get together for dh's bday which is Monday. He thinks it is pretty nice of them to have it as a National HOliday.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:31 PM   #9  

JOYce, glad you made it back safe and sound. I'll bet there will be lots of traffic this weekend, esp. in Calif., so very wise of you to get back before it really revved up! And thanks, yes, Dad is doing fine; just a checkup. He's starting to take his exercises more seriously now, which is a good thing! Have a wonderful family get-together!
Old 05-24-2003, 07:25 PM   #10  

Just dropping in to say hi and let you know I haven't forgotten y'all!! Life's hectic, and by the time the day is over , if I even go on the computer it's just to check my email or pay bills! I do think about everyone , though- will try to catch up on the posts this weekend!
Take care, all and have a good op Sunday!
Carol
Old 05-25-2003, 05:21 PM   #11  

Hi Carol! It is so great to hear from you and know that things are okay. I can sure understand about how hectic it must be, with your new job and all; hope things will slow down a bit for you, though, so you can enjoy that swimming pool and all the other great stuff Florida has.

Nothing much happening here. DH and I went out at dawn today to load and haul hay (Dh did the loading; I just drove the truck ) It was so quiet and lovely out there in the pasture! Then I took Dad to church, where they had an "inside picnic" honoring veterans. (Dad's picture was on the wall, and they decorated in red, white and blue.) Now DH and I are washing the kayak, cleaning the kitchen, etc. Guess I'd better get back to work before he gives up on me!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Regards,
Jan
Old 05-25-2003, 07:33 PM   #12  
Inchworm

CAROL So good to hear from you! I bet your litel sweeties have really grown! I miss hearing about them.

JAN Sounds like you have had a wonderful day!
I'll bet your dad really enjoyed the indoor picnic honoring veterans! Sounds like it was really nice.

Did some more work on the Cancer relay this morning, we're coming down to the wire, so had to get some donations collected from walkers etc. We are doing very well! I'm really pleased with the results from our efforts. I'll tell you more when the final count is in. but we have 43 walkers to take part in the 24 hr event, so no one will have to walk a very long time. One lady has said she will take the 10 p.m. til 6 a.m. shift, but will stop then because she is going on a 100 mile bike ride that day! This is the same lady that rode her bike around the world a cupla yrs ago.

Old 05-26-2003, 08:44 AM   #13  

Good morning, everyone! Happy Memorial day!
Jan, it sounds like you had a wondeful celebration, and that your dad enjoyed it. He is such a sweet man- please give him my best, and a hug from me. I went out and bought the Good Housekeeping- what a nice picture! I think WW ought to do a motivational piece with you as the subject too! Wonder how GH got Michigan out of Texas?
Joyce, I can't even imagine walking from 10-6, much less following it with a 100 mile bike ride! I hope you are remembering to delegate to others and not falling back into your old "do it all" pattern! How are you feeling?
Janet, congrats on your dd's engagement! I know you dearly love your future son in law, so I'm thrilled for all of you.

Things are pretty well settled into a pattern here in FL. Can't believe I've been here a year!I enjoy my job with the satellite office of the county Health Dept, although getting used to being the person in charge day to day took getting used to. I still occasionally have someone introduce me as "the boss" and I turn around to see who they are talking about! I work about 45 hours a week (scheduled as 40- the others are my doing), and it's busy physically and very challenging mentally. There's never a day where you can be on auto-pilot! I love every minute (well, almost) of it!
My little sweeties are fine, growing and thriving in the Florida sunshine. Dgs turned 3 in December and dgd was 1 year in March. They are such cute kids!
I also now have a 4 legged "sweetie"- a 2 year old Rat Terrier named Jackie, given to me by a coworker. She's a love pup, weighs about 12 pounds and is perfect for someone living alone and working all day. She sleeps on the bed with me- and manages to take up 3/4 of my full size bed. She's a lot of company. Exdh walks her during the day when he's not on the road.
Well, I'll close for now- I lost this post once in the beginning and don't want to lose it again. Now I remember why I stopped posting- server problems that either didn't recognize me or lost my posts! Anyhow, hi to all, and have a good day.
Carol

Last edited by Rymsh; 05-26-2003 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:14 AM   #14  

Carol and JOYce, sounds like things are going great! Will reply in the next thread ... am starting our new week a little late, here!
Closed Thread