#286 Bale of Turtles Cranking it!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
    Judy
    Itryharder
    (for Lin and Lauren)
  • Hi Turtles,
    I started our new thread since #285 had gotten long. Check back there if you'd like since we had a nice flurry of posts in the last couple of days.

Keep on keepin' on! Onward and Downward. WE're doing this.
    Judy
    234.6/?/180's and thinner
  • Hello everyone and happy Thursday! today is the hubs birthday so we are going out to supper this evening, a steak house that has wonderful fish dishes also so I am excited!

Judy: I hear you about the motivation and how it increases when we are losing and goes the down as we stop losing... what a horrible cycle we get ourselves into!

Hope you all have a great day!
  • Hi Turtles,
    So far, so good today. Even though the snow is making me hungrier than usual (and in July I'll tell you the heat and sunny days make me crave foods lol), I made myself a cup of tea and am okay now. Yay.

Princess, to your dh. Enjoy the dinner out. Sounds like a good place to go.

Everybody, keep on doing what makes sense. We all have the dream of reaching goal. Let's make it a reality.
    Judy
  • Hi Turtles,
    today is another good day. The scale is heading in the right direction and this can be done. Yay.

Hope you all have a good day. It is still snowing here, but luckily the high winds haven't done any damage. I have a feeling this "snowstorm" would be considered a "dusting" by our Canadian friends.

: to all !
    Judy
  • Hello everyone and happy Saturday to you all... lazy afternoon here, just going thru WW cook books planning tomorrows B-Day lunch for the hubs.

Went to weigh in this morning but did not say for the meeting, the place was packed and we had things to do so headed out for the day. I was down 1.2 lbs so was happy with that.

Hope everyone is having a great day and an enjoyable weekend!
  • Princess, : that is a great weight loss! Weigh to go!

It's great to go through recipe books to get new ideas and make tasty dishes. Enjoy your family get together for dh's

Going to an open house celebration for our friend's 70th. birthday party.
    I think her daughters who live in Germany are coming in for the surprise.
    I know her sons will be there. I don't know how they kept it a surprise, but the kids worked hard to pull this off. As far as food, I had a very satisfying lunch and we intend to eat dinner at home. We'll go, enjoy the company and then head back home. Wish me luck!

Judy
  • Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you all are having a fantastic day!
  • Hi turtles

Judy - making the fascinators was fun, something different. Lots of these ladies are crafty (not me) so was good to get out and learn something new.
    Glad you are working your programme, keep up the good work

Princess - congrats on your weight loss this week, awesome!

We are getting some rain now, which for me is a welcome change from the snow. I still have lots of snow in my driveway and yard, but is starting to melt.

Had another birthday dinner Fri with my gfs which was nice and very delicious, but lots of heavy carbs over the weekend & with losing an hour sleep feel extra sluggish.

It is final week of our Tops 6 week challenge & I have only lost 1# and turtled the last 4 weeks. My partner has done better (she lost 3) so
    will be interesting to see who won.

Has anyone been watching "The Following"? I love Kevin Bacon and this is
    kind of creepy/thriller type show, lots of surprses.

All - have a great week at the scales.
  • Happy Sleepy Rainy Monday to you all! Like Bandit said, too many carbs,etc and the time change has made Susan a very sleepy girl on this Monday afternoon!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Hi, good to hear from you!
    Same here. So sleepy around three o'clock, but perked up.
    Sending : for us all to get and stay OP. We can do this!
    Judy
  • Hello everyone and happy Tuesday to u all - busy weekend and not feeling well yesterday so I have not been doing my walking but will try it today.

We are planning a week of vacation for next month - heading to Florida - more than anything I want to feel good for the trip and exercise and eating well will help with that - weighing less would be great but feeling good and being able to enjoy the beach and weather would make it a perfect vacation for me.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan as best they can - none of us are perfect but we can do our personal best!
  • Happy snowy Wednesday to everyone!

I am so ready for spring to arrive!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Not sure if it is snowy and cold where you are but it is here... made this last night for the second time and both times it came out great and the hubs liked it too!

Crock Pot Potato Soup:
    32 oz bag cubed hash brown potatoes - frozen kind
    32 oz FF chicken broth
    1 can 98% FF Cream of Chicken soup
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    black pepper to taste
    8 oz low fat cream cheese

1 cup serving = 3 points

Add the top 7 ingredients to your crockpot and cook on high for about 4 hours then turn down to low for the remainder of your cooking time which for me is the rest of the day and I normally start it before work in the morning.... you can just put it on low if you are going to be gone all day and it will be fine also.

add the cream cheese and cook for an additional 30 minutes, then server.

Got this from my weight watchers leader a couple of weeks ago, it is very good!
  • Hi turtles

Princess - your soup recipe looks really good & would hit the spot
    on a cold day, printed it out and set to give it a try maybe on the weekend.
    I awoke to snow as well, but didn't last long - nice and sunny now with
    clear roads.

Hope everyone is feeling better today and not so groggy.
    Have been on track all week, so feeling not so bloated & got a good nights
    sleep which has helped.

All - hope you are staying on track & drinking your water!