Old 03-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
So glad to see you gals chiming in.
Princess, here's : that you feel better and get to where you want to be with energy for your vacation. Sounds like a good plan.

Bandit, glad you're finally catching up with the time change and are OP and on track. Always great to hear and that leads to :

I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. Eating much too much and just being silly about it. I think I'll go back to counting points plus and leave the Simply Filling program for awhile. It does work for me, but then I "blow out" and that never works. The weather here is sunny so that 's a good thing. Our snow is mostly gone and I'm looking forward to a beautiful spring. We're doing a bit of work around the house----replacing a fence and stuff like that----not exciting, but it will make our home look better.

Have a great day. Chime in when you can!!!!
Judy
Oh, my WI was up, but at least I got on the scale.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Friday!!! So glad it finally arrived - long week and next week is going to be even busier!

Went to TOPS last night - they elected officers, etc and it was good to see everyone. I was down at weigh in there but still up from my lowest weight so will keep at it.

Judy: sounds like you have a plan in place for eating and the home improvements will help keep you busy and your mind occupied which is wonderful - come on spring!!!

Bandit: how is your week going? Any big plans for the weekend? Bet your ready for the warm weather and trips to the lake!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles

Princess - we also had elections last night. I did not stand for any positions but offered to be assistant weight recorder for the year, so hopefully that will be OK.
I have "turtled" for the last 5 weeks. Our 6 weeks team challenge has been extended since there was no winner (you had to lose at least 8# between a 2
person team) So first team to reach that will win. Hopefully, it will be over next week. Hate dragging these contests on.

I am on holidays this next week and looking forward to getting clothes organized and more de-cluttering done around the house in between
lots of outtings with friends, getting my hair done, playing cards and have a birthday party (for all the March birthdays) and a dance next Saturday.
So lots to do.

Judy - hope your home improvements are going well.

I am looking forward to being home for the week - also have my dd cat since she is in Florida so that is fun. I think everyone should have a March break,
our winters are too long without it.

All - hope you are doing great!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #19  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I can completely understand a break in March. Bandit, enjoy every minute.

I get the bit about cleaning out closets. I did a couple and feel much better.
On my way to get my hair cut this morning, I cleaned my stairs. It took less than 5 minutes and the difference is noticeable. I've been picking up bits and pieces of little jobs around the house and it's a big help in decluttering my mind. I also am back to crocheting which helps me to relax.
The fence project is going well. It would be great if they could finish today.
They thought they'd need two days, but I'm wondering because they have so much done already.

Princess, I've got a busy week next week also. I'll have to plan my food carefully. Good for you for good WI. : I'm nowhere near my low point and at that I wasn't at goal. Somehow I went up 15-18# when I wasn't looking and that weight just isn't budging. I know I have to exercise.
Well, today has been good. Hey, did you guys know that Wendy's offers a pecan and apple 1/2 salad and it has chicken and is only 5 points plus? I think it's pretty tasty and I'm not a salad fan.

Okay, that's it from me. All the Turtles, new and older members, chime in when you can. Bandit and Princess, so glad you're here daily. It's a great boost to log in and see you here trying hard and doing your best.
Judy
234.6/199.6/thinner as fast as I can!!!!! One pound at a time.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #20  

Happy St Pattys day everyone! Went to weigh in yesterday and was up 2.2 lbs but with TOM and all I guess it makes sense but is never fun to see no matter what the cause. I will keep at it!

Cold and gloomy here - come on spring!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #21  
Chick

We're all keeping at it.
Had a nice St. Patty's Day party here, then went to circus the next day. All fun, but my eating is out of whack again. ugh.

: to everyone. Have a great day.
Here's to onward and downward.
Judy
Old 03-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #22  

Happy Tuesday everyone - so cold here, hard to believe that spring is here tomorrow... Thinking Mother Nature is conflicted!

Anyway - long day today so early night to bed for me but for now I am going to pick up my knitting needles and have some down time.

Judy:St. Pattys party sounds fun! Take care and don't stress-just do your best and before you know it you will be back at it!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 270/266/160

Hi everyone, Can I join your group? I've been doing ww on my own for about a month now. I've had my ups and downs, but I'm on track this week so far.
Snowtopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #24  
Chick

Snowtopper. Of course you can join us! Nice group of gals.
I'm struggling right now, but there is always someone doing well here. In the meantime we offer support and ask for help. Let us know somethng about yourself and we'll share too. Good luck!!!! Being on track is

Judy,
Having a tough time. Lots of stress and some emotional eating. Will all calm down soon, I'm sure. Best to everyone!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #25  

Hi turtles - still chugging along up here and trying to keep warm.
Sunny today but last few days have had on/off flurries and Mon night
went bowling & when I came out the roads were terrible. But did not have to shovel which was a blessing.
Enjoying my week off keeping busy with lots of housework and activities with friends.
Tonight we have our Tops awards night with potluck dinner - signed up to bring meat since there was a shortage of that on list. Thinking maybe get some roasted turkey & roast beef sliced up (already a ham coming) & that should go with any of the casserole dishes as well.

Weight not great - the old up/down thing going on. Our 6 week challenge was extended so no team lost 8#, so really hoping that will finish up tonight.
My team won't be winning, I have "turtled" the last 5 weeks. Anyway, ready to wrap that contest up.

Princess/Judy - sorry to hear the scales are not co-operating. We all seem to be in the same place with struggling. Maybe its the winter thinking, feeling sluggish, trying to stay warm and just feeling abit lazy - add that up and we get "scales up"
I really need a good re-set thing with menu & exercise.
I know we can all do this because we have before, so lets get organized with
proper menus, regular exercise of some kind and start again.

Good luck, everyone!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #26  
Chick

Bandit, love the You've got the right idea. Today was a good day for me. The challenge is making tomorrow another good day.

We can do this. One baby step at a time. I am working on tracking my points plus. Getting to be really good at it.

Today I started the day with a hot cross bun that was 7 points plus. But then for lunch, I had a 1 points plus salad and that gave me wiggle room for dinner which I thoroughly enjoyed. Having the daylight last longer is helping so much. I'm not snacking at night as much as i had been. Every little bit helps!!!

Best of everything to all of us.
Judy
Old 03-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #27  

Morning, turtles

Snowtopper - welcome to our group! Always nice to have new gals join in.

Judy - good for you for getting back on track, and being accountable.

We had out awards potluck last night which was nice. And finally a team won the contest, so glad that is over. It was a good challenge but my team didn't do as well as I had hoped.

Going into Tor this a.m. to get my hair done (long overdue) and am looking forward to that since last 2 times I got it done here where I live and just not the same. I know I pay more in Tor but totally worth it - better job and nicer products for sure.

Well, I told you I had "turtled" for 5 weeks and with being off this week and going out more (including show popcorn) I was up 2# at the scale last night.
I also have a dinner out tonight at German restaurant, which I know will be high in points. So, for sure after that I really need to get back on track
with everything.

Princess - how are you doing?

All - have a great weekend.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #28  

Hello everyone and happy Friday to you all - still very cold here and a snow storm on its way - because we just have not gad enough winter weather this year!!!! SNORT!!!

Looks like everyone is having challenges - which means we need to get back on our WW wagons again and get moving!!!

Welcome Snow to our group we r thrilled to have you with us!

Bandit- enjoy your hair dresser appointment - you deserve it!

Judy- hang in there - I have faith that you will be back on track and working the program!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone. I am back. Work is going fine. I am still loosing weight. I have to start remember to track my food. I am looking at gyms to join again. Does anyone use the active link or whatever it is called interestred in anyone's opinion about that.

I am still snacking most of the night but I don't take junk food with me and I am too cheap to hit up the vending machine.

So I have lost like 20# overall since i started working. I am finally starting to notice. some scrubs that were too small now fit which is a good thing. Hope everyone is well. I am trying to actually remember to do small meals instead of big ones. I will try to check in on my off days since the days I work. I mostly work and sleep. So if you see a post from about 3 am I am probably at work taking my "lunch break."

Hope everyone is well. Have a goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 270/266/160

life4evr... I know exactly what you mean about the snack machines. I'm the same way. Every once in a blue moon I'll be starved in the afternoon. Get my money and head for the machine. Then I look at the size of the stuff and nothing healthy in there and go back to my desk and starve. Lately I've been keeping a big bag of sliced almonds with me in my lunch bag. I eat them only if I'm in a pinch. Works for me. Your doing great on your journey.

As for myself. I've been trying to be accountable for what I eat. Although I think I over did it last night with the home made taco's. Salt retention today. But I didn't put any salt in there, only my own spices. Must be the taco shells and salsa.
I've come up with a new desert that really helps my chocolate crave. I get the chocolate Vita-Tops (3) points. And I drizzle Waldren Farm caramel sauce on top. Just a smidgen. And I eat it real slow to savor every bite. (mainly because it's small). Hopefully my water will be gone by Monday.
Snowtopper is offline   Reply With Quote