Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 10:40 PM   #46  

AND THE WINNER IS ............ R U B E N! Well, in my eyes, they're both winners. And they will both get recording contracts, and I think Kimberly will too. It was a good show. I like the fact that they (Ruben & Clay) seemed to be really good friends. Even their moms were hugging each other. I'm happy for both of them.

Alana was THRILLED - she's been hoping for Ruben to win all along. She thinks Clay is a really good singer, but not a POP singer.

Jen - Don't worry about not being on a beach in Mexico this year- you'll have plenty of time for that. I hope you have a GREAT birthday - remember, even though I was sooooo worried about turning fifty, it turned out to be fantastic. Join the club, my friend!

Ruth - How's little Elijah doing? Did they come home today?

Es, mi amiga - how was your day today?

Hi ZoeGirl - how's the house coming along?

Terri - Congrats to Brandon on his award. Hope Britts isn't crying too hard over Clay - tell her he'll be a star too, I'm sure!

Janie - Willie and I have been dancing since day one In fact he told me that the night I walked into the club where we met again after 16 years, he and his friend had a bet on who would get to dance with me, and he won. We always get compliments on our dancing, and I tell everyone, we've been dancing partners for 24 years, if we don't have each other's moves down pat after all these years, something's wrong

Hi Donna - come in and say hi, girl - miss ya. You too Sandy.

Well, gotta go watch West Wing (I taped it - wasn't gonna miss American Idol, that's for sure).

I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Terri if you're leaving tomorrow, have a great trip and hope to hear from you soon.

Last edited by decemberdianne; 05-21-2003 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:11 PM   #47  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Yikes! I'm confused, I thought the season finale of West Wing was last week? my tv preview channel did not list it for last night, don't tell me I missed it...

Terri,
hope Britts isn't too upset. They were both good. Kimberly Locke was very good last night, I thought.

Es,
how's Curves? I'm so glad you found something you love.

Donna,
where are you? If you're staying away cause you're struggling...don't! we miss you.

Zoe, Ruth, Janie, HI!

~Jen
Old 05-22-2003, 06:02 PM   #48  

Ruben went to college 10 miles from my house. He went to Alabama A&M. Our stations are going nuts. I was happy either way. Brittany is still sad though. I feel sorry for her. She wanted Clay to win so bad. She actually got quiet a few times today. She keeps getting reminded by it everytime we turn the TV on.
That doesn't help. She has never gotten this upset over a TV show before. You know how dramatic kids are at this age.
I promised I would buy Clay's CD that is coming out in June as soon as it is on the shelf. I told her also that him and Kimberly are going to get contracts. I loved Midnight Train to Georgia.
Her voice is beautiful.
We picked Bruce up around 12 and we went out to lunch and then we got tires for the van and he bought the kids something out of guilt for being away so long. We went into Cosco and he bought the boys the Play Station 2 game of Matrix revisited and he bought Brittany the 4 DVD set of 4 Road Pictures with Bing Crosby and Bob Hope. It had Road to Morrocco, Road to Zanzibar,Road to Utopia and Road to Singapore. She was happier after she got that.

We are leaving Sunday and I will have access to Laptop so I will be in touch.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 05-23-2003, 06:48 PM   #49  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
I hope you're all packed and ready, and not stressed! Leaving my house for the summer would be a challenge...how do you do it? That is so unusual that Britts likes the old "road" movies with Hope and Crosby....she's well-rounded in her tastes!
If you don't get in here again before you leave, have a SAFE and fun trip.

We're opening the pool this weekend but definitely won't be swimming anytime soon, until the water warms up. Probably the 2nd week in June or so. I am sooo looking forward to it!

Joe surprised me early this morning ( he couldn't wait ) with a beautiful emerald (my birthstone) and diamond ring. It's just what I would have picked out, I love it!

Hi to all,

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 05-23-2003 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:23 AM   #50  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Saturday Morning y'all ~

Sorry that I've been MIA....(did you even notice? ha! ) With the house getting SO close to closing, I am so stressed and nowhere near ready to move. I'm so grateful for the long weekend. Greg is in a 3-day golf tournament and I have "pretended" to be annoyed since Monday is my birthday and it's the last day of the tournament. I really don't mind though because I am going to take this time to do alot of packing. We had our 'walk through' on Thursday and now, they say that all those little things will be done in 7 business days. Yeah!

Speaking of golf......I was sad to hear that Annika didn't make the cut at the Colonial. (Speaking of which, the traffic here yesterday was outrageous due the the tourny)

On the American Idol topic......oh, what an error America made. I know that there are some of you who wanted Rueben to win but clearly, Clay has the better and more POWERFUL voice. (sorry....) Ok, so that's my opinion but seriously, I was disappointed Clay didn't win. I think Clay will have a bigger career than Rueben anyway due to their types of singing. And again, my personal opinion is that Clay is much better than even last years Kelly. All around, it was a great season to watch.

Sorry not to address anyone individually. I have to run to my WW meeting soon......speaking of which, I've been just going up and down a few pounds so I need to get with the program. I had 7.7 lbs to goal and now it's 11. Sheesh!!!

Congrats to all you losers!! Keep up the good work. You'll be catching up to me soon......

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Love,
Me <><
Old 05-24-2003, 12:45 PM   #51  

Good saturday morning all:

Jen- That ring sounds soooooooo beautiful, how sweet of Joe! Once again So cool about the pool too - I know you'll be enjoying that this summer. And when you have Matthew and Brandon over, they'll have a ball. Oh, by the way, you were right about West Wing When I went to go watch it, it turned out to be Law and Order Oh, well, I guess I wanted the happy ending of them finding the President's kidnapped daughter - forgetting totally that finales are usually cliff hangers!

ZoeGirl - I noticed you were gone Figured you were busy with new house. In case I don't get back here by Monday, to you too! Hope you have a great one! RE: American Idol - I, too, believe Clay is the stronger singer of the two, but I think Ruben is good as a "pop" idol, since that's more his genre, like Luther Vandross, Barry White, etc. I think Clay has a great future in store in music too.

Es - Hi there amiga, how are you doing? How's it going with curves? What are you doing this weekend?

Terri - Have a great, safe, fun trip!

We are going to Willie's son Darren's tomorrow for a barbecue. Lisa and the kids will be there too and Alana and her boyfriend Casey will join us. Don't know about Justin - since he's still living in the Columbia dorm in Manhattan. He's being allowed to stay there for the summer, since he has a radio station at Columbia and they made him head of the Latin Music program. He thinks Queens is another planet anyway, little snob!

My wi today has me down 1 lb. for a total of 8 now. Feels good, but I can't wait until all this rain stops so I can get to the park to walk - I know I'd do even better if I could walk. I could use my walking away the lbs tape, but I lent it to Lisa - maybe I'll get it back tomorrow

Well, gotta get off this puter and do some house cleaning so I'll have the rest of the weekend free. Hope you all enjoy it!

Hi to Ruth, Janie and Donna

And God bless all our servicemen and women - past and present!

Last edited by decemberdianne; 05-24-2003 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:26 AM   #52  

Zoe,
You made Brittany's night. She and I agree. I thought Ruben was flat. I get goosebumps when Clay sings.
I love the pretending to be annoyed. I know what you mean. Gotta keep them thinking. Have a great birthday Monday. You will get that weight back down. You are so dedicated.

Jen,
Happy Birthday Jen.
That ring sounds beautiful. Enjoy your pool when it gets warm. This is a weird spring.
Yes, Brittany loves so many things. She is open to anything.

Dianne,
Congrats on the loss. That is wonderful. Have a great Memorial Day.

We are leaving in the morning. Have a great Memorial Day everyone. We packed already and we just need to0 get up and leave. Gotta give Tanner his doggie downers first thing.

Talk to you soon.
Terri
Old 05-25-2003, 07:10 AM   #53  

Angry

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BUDDY JEN, happy birthday to you. I hope it was a great one. Nice gift Joe gave you.

Terri, I know you're all thrilled to be going on vacation. I'm glad you have a labtop to keep in touch. Funny about Tanner's downers. They're just like people.

Amiga, I'm doing very well. I get measured at Curves Tuesday. I know I lost some inches. I'm depressed cause they're closed for the holiday. Am I hooked or what! I have no plans for today or tomorrow. Pete is going to a Yankee game with my nephew so I'll be alone all day. No big deal. I'll hit the stores. Great sales going on. Hope we get better weather. Spring just doesn't want to come this year. Makes me wonder how summer is going to be. Have fun at the barbecue. Congrats on your loss!!!!

Zoe, so exciting about the house. I forgot your birthday was close to Jen's.

Janie, Good job with your 1 lb. loss Woohoo

BTW I'm a Ruben fan. Terri don't tell Britt. PLEASE!!

Well my buds, have a great holiday.

Love you's
Es

Old 05-25-2003, 08:46 AM   #54  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Happy Birthday JEN!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day...
Old 05-25-2003, 09:05 AM   #55  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,
Yesterday Joe and I spent the day out at the nurseries, shopping for plants and flowers. We returned home a little after 3, and my plan was to get some gardening done before we went out to dinner w/my brother and his wife. I walked in the front door, and was SHOCKED by 30 people screaming "SURPRISE!!" ....Joe and the kids had this planned, got me in my own home and I never had a clue!
I almost died.....my best friends were here, as was my sister, my brother and SIL and other friends and relatives. It was an awesome surprise; the house was totally decked out with decorations and balloons, huge spread of food, etc.
I still can't believe they did it in my house and got me. What a great time we had This morning I'm still recovering
Brandon stayed overnight, this morning he and Gramps and Joey are already out fishing.

Terri, safe trip.

Es, thanks for the e-card

Dianne, I was happy to see John Goodman on WestWing...I've always liked him. It was fun to see him in the serious role. Next season should be interesting. Good going on the loss!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes...now it's Zoe's turn!

later,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 05-25-2003 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:38 AM   #56  

Thumbs down

Jen, you're very welcome. A big surprise party for one special lady. That was very sweet of them. Have a happy & relaxing Sunday.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:25 PM   #57  
Queen of the Fresh Start

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZOE!!!!!

May you have many many more happy and healthy ones

We had a nice Memorial Day. Pretty much spent the day in the yard, glorious weather, in the 70's and sunny. Planted more flowers and herbs, that never ends! The kids came over for a bbq, but we kept it simple, only burgers and dogs. Brandon had been here since the party, he went home tonight.

HI to everyone.

~Jen
Old 05-26-2003, 10:34 PM   #58  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOEGIRL! Hope you had a great day!

Jen - Sooooooo cool about the surprise party that really was a SURPRISE. They got you good! How fun.

Es, congrats on doing so well with curves, amiga. Also, I love the picture you took of Jen in her pool

Terri - hope you all had a safe and fun trip to Colorado.

Janie- congrats on the loss, weigh to go girl.

Ruthie - How's little Elijah doing?

Donna - WHERE ARE YOU - come in and say hi, we miss you.

You too Sandy!

Well, we had a nice day at Darren's yesterday, even though the weather did not cooperate - its seems like its been rainy for a week here in NY. But it was fun being with the family, especially "The Jessa". She was my shadow as usual, sometimes it tires me out, but I love it!

I can't believe its time for work already, this weekend seemed to fly

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend and I'll talk to you's soon.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:35 PM   #59  

Happy Birthday to Jen and Zoe!!

I don't remember who said it but this weekend certainly did fly by. We went to see "Holes" and rented "Matrix". Steve wants to see "Matrix Reloaded" and I couldn't remember the first one too well so I told him I wanted to see it again before we went to see tne sequel. I definately liked it better the second time.

SOrry I don't have time to address everyone.

Happy Tuesday (even you Es)

-Janie
Old 05-27-2003, 08:07 PM   #60  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Evening Friends

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a nice weekend. I worked/packed through the long birthday weekend. I really got a lot done too. And it shows......there are boxes all over the place. But seriously, the packing is coming along. Since Greg was playing golf Sat, Sun and Mon, it kept me busy until he got home. But he was nice and got home early on Monday for my birthday. We went out looking for furniture. whew! At this rate, I'm gonna be broke.

We went out for dinner yesterday with my friend Tracy, her husband, my son Chris and his girlfriend/future wife Cathy and her son Jonas. Did I tell you that became a grandma just over night? He's a cutie pie........I'm posting a photo of my son and Jonas.

Well, time to get cleaned up from dinner. I'll be back later......

Me <><
Closed Thread