Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 11:21 AM   #16  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth,
congrats on the grades I would do the same and retake the English class. You're doing so well, I'm proud of you.
Matt and Jenna looked as tho they were getting along verywell you may be right!

We had a horrible day of storms yesterday, with very strong winds, and some tornadoes downstate.

Tomorrow I've got to be at a local hospital at 7 a.m. to take part in the national Topoff emergency disaster drill that's taking place. We were asked to roleplay as victims, till about 2 in the afternoon, but have no idea what we'll be doing.

till later,
~Jen
Old 05-12-2003, 12:38 PM   #17  

HI everyone,
Thank you all for your well wishes for Steve. It turns out that he has pnemonia. He has done nothing but sleep since Friday. I feel so bad for him. It is the end of semester and he is so far behind on his grading. I don't know what he's going to do. He cancelled classes on Friday and today. He says he'll be ready to go back to work on Wed. NOT !!!
As you already know we were redecorating Ellen's room and now everything (except the new bed )is out of her room and all over the house. I am trying my best to help put thinks back but I really must be careful of my back. Tomorrow we are supposed to have an appraiser come over because we are refinancing. I suggested Steve reschedule. The other thing that concerns me is that I was planning his 50th bday party for next Sat (He'll be 50 on the 25th) I figured if I did it the week before he wouldn't suspect. We may have to postpone his bday as well as mother's day. Speaking of Mother's day, I am glad that you all had a nice one. Ellen and I went to the local HS to see my girlfriend's daughter in "Anything Goes." I was very impressed with the singing and dancing, but the pit orchestra was the pits

I think I have rambled long enough. Have a great day,
JanieD
Old 05-12-2003, 07:47 PM   #18  

Angry

Hi

Ruth, I enjoyed being online with you also. Hope we can do it again soon.

Jen, we've had crappy weather also. I guess we're going from winter right into summer. Spring will be over soon.

Janie, poor Steve. Pnemonia I hope he'll feel better soon.He has to get better so he can party for his birthday.

Hi Terri, Zoe, Dianne/Amiga & if I missed anybody I'm sorry. I'm so tired I can't think straight. Our receptionist quit so I had to cover for her today. Then, when I got home I worked out. I just took a shower & now I'm ready to chill.

Have a goodnight

Love,
Es
Old 05-13-2003, 11:00 PM   #19  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Wow, it's really quiet in here...I wonder where everyone is?

Terri, how's everything going? I thought for sure you'd have a comment on the outcome of Survivor! After watching AI this evening, I am picking Ruben...of course he probably won't win, but he's my choice.

Janie,
At least you know what Steve has...no worries about SARS. Hope he's feeling better soon. The timing couldn't be worse, right?
He and I are almost the same exact age! I'll be 50 on the 23rd. only 2 days apart.

Es,
good job on the exercising having to do someone else's work is never good news. Does Curves schedule the workouts at the same time...are you all following the same timetable and same instructor...like, "ok, 5 minutes on the machine you're on now...now change!" ? I thought I had read that somewhere.

The Topoff 2 drill today was not very reassuring; of course, my opinion is based on the facility we were at. I told Joe we should begin digging an air raid shelter now cause all we can do is kiss our a** goodbye if anything happens

Hope to hear from some of you soon!

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 05-14-2003 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:37 PM   #20  

Jen,
Many of the people in my building here at LLNL were involved in the drill you were in. They were modeling the atmospheric fate and transport of the "bio" stuff in Chicago and the "radiation" in Seattle. Pretty Actually that is where I would like to transfer, but I haven't heard anything yet. Many of them worked 24 hr shifts for the 2 days.

Es,
COngratulations, you have been doing so well. Can you send some of that my way. I WI this morning and guess what .... no change again. Why is it when I want to maintain, I can't, but when I try to loose maintaining is easy

Ruth,
Sounds like you're doing great in school... as usual

Hi to everyone!

JanieD
Old 05-14-2003, 02:08 PM   #21  

First of all. WHY did Jenna have to win? If only she wouldn't have won that dang challenge. Matt turned out to be a cutie.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!! Sorry so late. We had a great day. The kids took me to TGIFridays. We had a great lunch. Not to crowded.

Zoe,
You will get right back on. You have come to far.

Ruth,
I wish high schoolers had your attitude. I hope you get that A. Congrats on the project.
Bruce will be here next Thursday and then we will leave on Sunday. Only 8 days. YAY!!!

Janie,
The pitts? That was sooo bad. I hope Steve has a speedy recovery. He must feel awful. Poor thing.
Hope the rooms goes smoothly.

Jen,
AWWW! Was the drill that bad? Hope your weather gets better. I also hope your foot pain goes away again.
That must have been disappointing to feel the pain again.
I hate the fact Jenna won. What a big disappointment.
I pick Clay. I won't be unhappy either way though. I just love Clay's range. He has such a strong voice.

Hi everybody.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:43 PM   #22  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie,
The role your coworkers played sounds like a very important one...you're right, it is cool.
We began our day by meeting at the hospital at 7:30 a.m., and were taken to a staging area at O'Hare airport, where we joined about 300 others for a huge buffet of fruit, bagels, muffins,etc., and were given t-shirts and roles to play. (The govt. could have saved $$ by eliminating the food!)
Then we were taken back to the hospital, in 4 groups of 7 people each. The 1st 7 people were "dead" and taken to the morgue, the next 7 were triaged and admitted. That left 14 of us; we were left standing in the ER driveway for 45 minutes...and were then told that they were "only going to take 6 more victims" and that everyone else could go to the hospital cafeteria for a free lunch and then go home.
Later last night on the evening news, they were showing other area hospitals who had treated up to 100 victims. I don't know why our hospital handled it the way they did; we had been told that for them it was "real"....yet they turned away victims.
I'm glad I participated in the drill, however. In the volunteer groups I'm involved with, we've held drills of the same nature. It's a great learning and practice tool.

Terri,
the time has flown by, I can't believe you're leaving next week! You must be busy preparing for your trip and summer.
My foot has been feeling pretty good.

My sister is in from Arkansas for 2 of her granddaughters' 1st Communions. We're meeting tomorrow for lunch

HI to Dianne, Es, Zoe, Ruth, Janie, Donna

~Jen
Old 05-14-2003, 11:36 PM   #23  

Hey everyone,

Well, tomorrow morning, May 15, 2003, will be the day that Elijah Rivers Contario joins the world. I will be getting up at 5:00 am to take Angela to the hospital. I'll post pictures in a day or so of the new addition to our family.

TERRI, I agree with you. Matt turned out to be a doll (or hunk)! I was really surprised.

JEN, the drills you guys are doing sound really exciting. Oh, have fun with your sister tomorrow.

ES, you are doing great with the exercise. I've actually been using my treadmill for the last 4 days. I'm making myself walk because I've been eating too much. However, I am down another pound in the mornings. I've almost lost 21 lbs now.

JANIE, how is Steve doing? I hope he is feeling better. He teaches at your college right? When is the semester over?

Well, I need to get off the computer, there are storms in the area north of here. Possible tornadoes. I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Ruth
Old 05-15-2003, 11:02 AM   #24  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth,
Wow, I didn't know you were expecting another grandchild! How wonderful...hope Mom and Elijah are doing well.

~Jen
Old 05-15-2003, 12:37 PM   #25  

Hi Ruth,
Congrats on the new arrival. I just love babies. Steve is doing better, thank you. He actually went into work yesterday. To answer your question... No, Steve teaches at Diable Valley College (DVC) a rather large (25,000 students) jr college in the area. I have been taking classes at the Univeristy of New Haven's California Campus. (I know New Haven is in Conneticut....go figure ??? I just bought the text book for my next class. I am not looking forward to this one "Information Security" but it is required

Jen,
I actually think the hospital you went to was being more real than the others. In my last class, "Bio Terrorism and Bio Defense," one of the main topics we discussed was the fact that hospitals were more than likely going to exceed capacity and that they probably would have to turn away patients. Scary but very true
Terri,
I can't believe how fast the time flew by. I am sure that you are glad. Are the kids out of school already down by you? Ellen isn't out until the end of June.

Hi to Dianne, Donna, Zoe, Sandy & Essie,

-JanieD
Old 05-15-2003, 07:55 PM   #26  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie,
You are right, after reading your post, it puts things in perspective...after thinking about it, I know now that it was mostly disappointment that I felt I didn't contribute to/participate in the drill after all.

Good to hear that Steve is feeling better and back to work.
The college I've been attending is also a jr., or community college, with a student body of 30,000. I've been at loose ends for the last 5 months, due to not taking a class this semester....definitely need the mental stimulation. This fall I'll be going back, probably for some type of computer class. I'm working on Joe to also take some computer classes...he's not where he should be.

HI to everyone!
~Jen
Old 05-16-2003, 07:55 AM   #27  

Thumbs down

Hi Buddies

I'm so glad it's Friday. They had predicted a stormy day & the sun is out!

I've been doing very well on my 12 week challenge. So far I lost a total of 8 lbs. I am determined to wear a sexy bathing suit this summer. I'm going to shock Pete.

Jen, how was lunch with your sister? My sister, the one that drinks, wanted to take me out for a BELATED birthday lunch yesterday & left me hanging. That's okay cause I didn't want to go anyway. Her brain is fried. Curves has hydraulic machines all around a big room & you go from, they call it stations, to station for a certain amount of minutes. It's awesome. I love it. When I leave there my shirt is soaked from sweating. I joined for a year.
Glad to hear your foot is better.

Ruth, WTG with your loss. Walking is so good for you. I think a treadmill is a great investment. I love mine. It's always there when I can't get to the gym. Keep it up Girlfriend! Congrats on the new baby!!! How many grandkids?

Janie, if you are at a plateau why don't you try the Wendy's Plan? Lots of people have had success with it. Give it a try.

Terri, how exciting, your vacation is already here. Like Jen said, it came so fast. How's my girl Brittany? Tell her I said hi.

Hi Zoe & Dianne!

I'll try to get back here later. Have a great day.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 05-16-2003 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:25 AM   #28  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
You're doing so well! Keep up the good work , I'm very happy for you!

It's too bad your lunch with your sister didn't happen. My brother is the same way, but his is due to drugs...his brain is fried.
Lunch w/my sis and her niece was nice. We went to Olive Garden and had salads. I'm hoping we can get together again before she leaves on Sunday.

We're dogsitting for my brother's "baby", Mabel, this weekend. I'm not a real dog person, but have known her for 10 years now, and she's a sweetie. She's a black & white mutt, very cute. They went camping till Sunday.

hope everyone has a nice weekend!
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 05-16-2003 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:27 PM   #29  

Ruth,
In just realized, I didn't answer your other question. Steve's on the semester schedule and classes end next Fri. I am on the quarter schedule and mine ends Jul 4th weekend.

Hi to everyone,
JanieD
Old 05-16-2003, 02:29 PM   #30  

Angry

Jen, I would love to dogsit. I LOVE dogs. It's been hard trying not to snack but when I see the results it pays off. The attorney I work for said I look narrow. & one of our volunteers said I look like I'm losing weight. I'm on cloudnine! I look at myself & I can't believe it. After so long. What is so sad about my sister is that she is so attractive & intelligent. She's just wasting her life away.

Later buddies

Es
Closed Thread