Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 11:32 PM   #1  
Go Avalanche!!

Thumbs down

Welcome everyone out there. Happy Thursday? Tomorrow's Friday...yeah Come out and play!

Hello!! It's still Wed night but I wanted to start a new thread so I did! Didn't do so well with the homemade Mexican food. I ate too much. No Margarita's though! I haven't counted it yet, but I'm going to! I really want to get up in time to make myself a big old salad for lunch. I have another candle party tomorrow night and they always have the best munchies

Trish & Kim: I checked out the Self Challenge and I think we should go for it. I didn't register yet b/c I didn't know if they let you choose what date you want to start on. I can log on late Thursday night and register. My computer at work doesn't seem to like the site. Maybe start with the regular calendar week on Sunday? Let me know what you think and I'll try to get on again during the day Thursday at work.

I should go to bed now. Sleep depravation is starting to get to me. It's no good when your eyes insist on closing while sitting at your desk (Trish -- the Diet Dr. Pepper doesn't even help much!)
Old 03-08-2001, 05:22 AM   #2  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi there Brenda, everyone!

Well, the book launch went really well - lots of people turned up, the readings were great, the wine was plentiful ... and I totally avoided the canapes!!! My parents and my auntie and uncle came and insisted we (the 4 translators) signed all their copies of the book, which started a trend and by the end I was feeling like a pop star ... or a tv star, because Galician television turned up and filmed the whole thing. Hopefully they'll send us a video, it would be fun to see!

Coming back down from all that excitement, I am trying to get sorted out for Monday. Paid my phone bill this morning, transferred money out of my savings account ... and phoned up about booking the place for the wedding. BUMMER! It's booked the weekend we want it, so will have to talk to blokey tonight and think of the best date to change it to. It's hard because he's a teacher, so has fixed holidays. But it'll be ok. Hey, if we have to have a summer wedding I stand an even better chance of being at goal (and of having my thesis finished!). See, silver linings ...

Anyway, better go and do the next bit of admin - have to submit a chapter of my thesis for assessment (eek!) and write an abstract for a conference. If it gets accepted (the abstract I mean) I will be in Kansas at the beginning of October ... that near any of you?

Later, 'gators!
Lolly
xxx
Old 03-08-2001, 07:22 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Morning,

I have an exam soon, but I am studied out for now, so I'll write to you guys! I got my second midterm back yesterday and got 96% so I am a happy camper I have also decided to get a second set of holes in my ears and am getting my ears pierced hopefully after my exam. I will get the third set after I reach goal (I was thinking of getting something permanent done when I had gotten to goal I think I have finally gone against getting little paws done on my foot for each 5lbs I have lost (overall from my highest weight there would be 20), but I was thinking of getting to done to represent my journey, can't you tell I am a daughter of a hippie).

Lolly: I am so sorry about the place being booked, hopefully you'll be able to find another good date!

Brenda: What is the site for the self challenge? Maybe I'll join you all!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 03-08-2001, 09:00 AM   #4  

Hello ladies,

Well this is kind of like my Friday because I took tomorrow off to pack....moving Saturday. I'm wicked anxious and stressed about so much going on in my life. I have to tell my boss today that I don't plan on being here for very much longer because I am going back to school full time. I decided to tell her now because plans for events that I know I will not be here for have started. My bf's roomates are also not getting along and last night bf got caght up in it a little. It's tricky because one of them is dating his sister and no one likes this guy

But, other than that....I went for another walk last night! YEAH ME! It felt great. When I told bf "Bye I'm going for a walk" He was like are you serious? He looked at me like I had 3 heads. hee hee

So other than that I was wondering if you married or soon to be married or those living with your boyfriends/husbands could give me some advice. What do I do to make sure the relationship doesn't get stale? I'm a little scared that being with bf so much lately has created too much of a routine. He says he likes routine. I also think it may be due to the stress in my life and my lack of doing things only for myself.

Ali- good luck on your exam and great job for that 96%!

Lolly- that's so awesome and exciting! Good job stayingaway from the canapes.

Brenda- I still have to read all about the self challenge but I did sign up and I did take those walks the last 3 nights Good luck!
Old 03-08-2001, 09:48 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default busy!!

hello, very busy at work, got a feature to finish in less than 2 hours so just a quick hello and goodbye!
will try to post properly later,
kirsty
Old 03-08-2001, 09:58 AM   #6  

Default Good morning! :)

Hi ladies!

Hi Kirsty! I hope you get caught up so that you can post!! Don't you hate it when work messes up your posting time?!!!?

ILGBG ~ Don't stress yourself out about moving in the bf. A big part of marriage (I think) is routine, but I think routine is good. But, you do have to make a conscious effort to keep things new. When DH and I first moved in together, I loved getting home and making him dinner, it is a good feeling, and he loved it too. Remember, a fast way to a man's heart is food!! Home cooked at that! Also, if you want to "do it" in the bathroom, you can....its your bathroom!!!

Ali ~ Way to go on your exam!! I understand the piercing thing. When I made lifetime, I got my belly button pierced, I love it!!!!!

Lolly ~ You are such a star!! Isn't it a warm fuzzy feeling getting attention!!! Eat it up!!!!

Brenda ~ Brush yourself off from the mexican, I can relate, I have been eating 25-30 pts a day lately, way more than normal, but I am hungry!!!!!

Well, as for me, I need to regroup and eat less. We are in the process of buying land, and I think with the stress (we are waiting to see if the seller has accepted our offer) I just haven't been in the mood of keeping points! But, I will get back into it! I have to, spring/summer is approaching. I am having all the mom's that take there children to my daycare provider over to our house tonight. Each month we do a "Mommy's Night Out" and either go out for drinks or pizza or something. So, that should be fun. Now I am trying to figure out what to make for appetizers that are low in fat!!

Well, work calls, better get back. I hope to check in later! Have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 10:02 AM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Confession!!

Well last night I fell off the wagon. I Had pizza and Baskin Robins PB ice cream. I ended up being 10pts over. Thank you guys for all of the encouragement though. I left work early and just read all of the posts. I am back on track today. I am determined and I have aerobics tonight.
Alright I will attempt to reply to yesterdays post.

Kimobi-I just realized that you are from Roanoke. I went to Liberty Univ. in Lynchburg. That is so cool. We used to go to Roanoke for Hockey Games and to go up to the star sometimes. I am not sure why the star was so cool but anyways. I am going down for grad in May, I think.
I am agreeing with you on the guy thing. I am aggravated with all of them. I am not sure about the ultimatum thing b/c even if it works you will always know you had to give the ultimatum. I would express that you have plans of your own and start making them and see if that freeks him out. I know it sounds sneeky but then you aren't actually saying Marry Me or ELse. I don't know, it can be so complicated.
I also noticed that you and I are about the same weight. This is cool let's hit those goals together.

Emily - I love the B-Fly under your name. I love
butterflies.

Tanya-You look great. You have a beautiful family.

Trish-Congrats on the avoiding surgery at this point. Definitely not TMI. It is great to hear I already blew it yesterday as you see but I would love to keep each other accountable on weigh in day. Great Idea!

Kay- I am with you on the baking thing. I love it. You are pretty disciplined to eat only 1/16 of it and then send it to DH's Work.

Kieri- I can relate to the hot doctor thing. I have a similar if not worse story. I went to the ER a couple of years ago b/c I had what I now know was a Gall Bladder attack. Anyways I was there in a ton of pain looking like crap and my doc was amazing. I felt like I was on a soap opera, he was that HOT. Well they did various test for like an hour or more and he came back to tell me that I had excessive GAS! AHHHHHHHHH! I wanted to die. They were wrong but as far as that Hottie new I was just the fart queen!! ANyways hope my story cheers you up and that you feel better soon.

Lolly, I am impressed with your outlook on the wedding situation. YOu are just ms. optimistic! Good luck with the rest of the planning.

Suzanne- I offer no relationship advice b/c I am sick of men but Congratulations on your walks. I will have to fill you guys in on my relationship sagas when I have about an hour or so

HI to everyone else but I must get back to work!

Love,
Becky
Old 03-08-2001, 10:07 AM   #8  
Parrothead

Good morning all! I have another packed day at work today so I thought I'd post now. You must all think that I am always busy at work. Well, thats pretty much the truth because of the start up thing. Well, I didn't win the 87 million dollar lottery last night, so I'm here .

Brenda ~ Mexican food is also my weakness! I love it! Growing up in Texas I have always been around the stuff. I think I have burned off my taste buds from all of the hot sauce. Good for you starting the challenge and counting points. I'm starting a new way to journal this week. I begin my new day at dinner time and end it after lunch the next day. I hope this little mind game works for me.

Lolly ~ It sounds like you are a SUPERSTAR! I'm glad you had a great time! Remember all of us when you're famous. I'm sure you'll find another place. Just vent here when you get stressed!

Ali ~ Good luck on the exam! I got my ears double pierced in HS and I still like them. I also got a tatoo on a dare in college. I'm not too thrilled with it anymore. The artist (if you call him that) did a bad job on it. I really want to get it removed and get a new one. The one I have is on a place noone sees (TMI), so I guess its not a big deal. If you get one make sure the artist is really good.

Suzanne ~ Lets see...advice to prevent staleness... I've been with Mike for almost 5 years now and it still isn't stale. Sometimes a little bit, but not for the most part. I think the best thing to do is to try to keep romance in the relationship. See if he wants to go walking with you, cook a romantic dinner for the two of you, go on a weekend trip. Also, never argue about money because there is never enough no matter how much you have, so there's no point in arguing about it. Its the little things that keep a relationship alive. We also like to debate on politics, religion, etc. Those discussions just keep things spicy.

Well I need to be off! Hello to all I missed, I'll check back later.

My computer is about to crash so I need to re-configure it.
Oh, at WI I was down 0.8#. Kinda disappointing, but still down.

Kay

Last edited by TxAggie; 03-08-2001 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-08-2001, 10:40 AM   #9  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Brenda N

It wasn’t good, but I did count up points from last night. I didn’t have time to make that salad, but have a Turkey dog and saurkraut along with more veggies for lunch. Hopefully I can figure out a quick meal when I get home to help me resist whatever is at the candle party tonight.

Lolly: You are famous dahling!! Hehehe! So glad the signing went well, sounds like you had a lot of fun. If you are in Kansas (!!!!!!!! Whoopeeeee), I will do my darndest to find a way to come see you. Do you know where in Kansas? Don’t worry, you will get the wedding booked.

Ali: I’ve wanted to get a tattoo for years. I keep wavering, but I’m seriously feeling like I’m ready this time. I want a Celtic rune kind of on the side of my hip. I know that sounds kind of strange, but I know someone who got one kind of on one side or her stomach and after having kids it’s all stretched out and nasty looking. Hopefully this will be better. I’ll keep you updated to if I go for it or not! The web site is www.self.com I’m going to try to get on during my lunch today from work.

Suzanne: It sounds like you are very busy so just focus on some little things. Buy him a card and write a little love note in it. Leave a rose on his car or waiting for him in the kitchen in the morning. Give him a backrub. Get up early one day and make him breakfast. Pick one night that you can have a ‘date’ Tell him to keep that night open and make sure you do the same. Cook him dinner, take him to a movie, something you don’t usually do. Maybe just take a drive and stargaze if the weather co-operates. I really believe it is the little things that mean the most.

Tonya: What size piece of land are you guys trying to buy? I’m crossing my fingers for you! My parents bought 274 acres in ’92. They had been saving their whole lives and now it’s their dream come true! Thanks for the points sympathy. I’ll get back there.

Kay: Good idea to change the way you count your day. Let me know if it works. My husband is an incredible cook and like all of his food HOT! I can eat much spicier food now that I used to be able to! Hey, it’s a loss! Take it and run with it

See you later!!
Old 03-08-2001, 10:45 AM   #10  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

AHHHHH. My stupid netscape just crashed again and I lost my post...agian!

I am very mad about that. Just to recap, because now I am running late.

Brenda: I love mexican food. I think Sunday would be a great day for us tier-two people to start the challange. Oh, and I hope you are getting enough sleep (do I sound like a mom?!?!) How is your new party light leader going?

Lolly: glad you had a great time. Sorry about the date not working out. That happened to us with the church and 4 years later, I can't even remember what our original date was. Oh, and I am close to Kansas. My extended family lives there (and I have many times too). Where in Kansas are you maybe going? Lawrence to KU? Anyway, I hope you get to go there. We will have to hook-up.

Kay: I ment to tell you beautiful picture. You know, I also found that one of the hardest parts or early marriage in just roommate issues. But they get easyer the longer you are married.

Stacey: Your birthday gift story was so funny!

Suzanne: I am wiht Tonya, don't stress on the moving in. I agree that a big part of marriage is the routine. And that can also be the nicest part.

Ali: great job on the exam!

Ok, need to get. I will check in later.

Trish
193.2/186.2/155
5'10"

Becky: Don't worry about yesterday. Just move on from that. Also, 10pts is really easy to make up in a week (if that is what you want to do). You can work out and get those points, you could cut 2pts off the top a day. You are doing great! Ok, I will start our challange on Sat and then you next week. We can do this!

Tonya: have fun tonight and let us know what you end up making. Also, I think you are doing great with points. I would think that for the maintanence you would get to add a few points onto you usual number. Good job!

Kirsty: Have fun at work.
Old 03-08-2001, 11:11 AM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Hi All

Well, another jam packed day of work (Kay, I am with you on this!!). I feel so overwhelmed lately and a bit depressed. Sometimes I think it is post partum blues, but Emma is 4 1/2 months old. Like today, I don't feel social at all, and I have a get together tonight. I am just dreading it. This is so not like me, since I have always been a social butterfly. Ughhh.

SELF UPDATE... only stayed withing points, didn't have time to exercise!! But I am still doing well!!

TRISH and others starting the challenge! They say to start on Monday, but I don't think it really matters what day you start! GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!

Suzanne and others.... I told my now hubby that I would not move in with him until we were engaged when he asked to move in. It was just how I wanted it. That is not to say that he never stayed over.... Well, he proposed about 2 months later and then moved in about 4 months after that. He was still in school and had an apartment there, so it only made sense to a wait! Worked for us, although the initial moving in part was really hard. Since I moved on my own, I always lived alone, now I had a guy there who did not have the same cleanliness standards as I did.... and he brought a whole ton of junk with him! My townhouse was way too small! But it all worked out and we still have our disagreements, but have learned to work together!

Tonya... you are so skinny, I am jealous! I told hubby I wanted my belly button pierced (this was when we were dating!), but now I am chicken. Plus I want another child and I don't think a pierced belly would last! But I honestly think a toned belly with a pierced button is sexy! Way to go girl!!! Also... after seeing that pic of you, I wouldn't fret those 4 extra pounds... you look FABULOUS!

Kay.... .8 loss is almost a pound! Don't be disappointed... that is what they recommend losing!!!

I know I am missing a whole buncha people... I am sorry, but I have so much to do! Hopefully I will be back later!!
Old 03-08-2001, 12:19 PM   #12  

Well, thank you so much for all of the advice. It all makes perfect sense and I think everything will be okay. I think I am really nervous about moving in. It's a very big commitment adn just not so easy to get out of. I think I am ready though. This guy is great. We do a lot of the little stuff now. We always go out to dinner at least once a week and if I or he wants we go to the movies.

I just told my boss that I'll be going to school full time in the summer so one stress has been relieved at least. She took it pretty well, she was glad I wasn't leaving right away.

Thanks again for all the great advice. You guys are really the best. I will check in again later and respond to everyone....I'm going to grab something healthy to eat I'm planning another walk tonight too.
Old 03-08-2001, 12:33 PM   #13  
Running Babe

Okay, so I got the second pair of holes done in my ears! It's weird, I am 23 years old, I live at home only part-time and am fully moving out in May and yet I am feeling weird about the fact that I didn't consult anyone about this. Of course it's really no big deal, but I keep thinking I am going to get in trouble oh well.... I now have been thinking about getting the paws done again. Only after goal though. I got the idea from one of the Dixie Chicks, after every gold record she got a paw tatooed onto her foot ( I don't think they realized how popular they'd get), I just thought it was pretty cool and I could make mine represent something special as well.

Jen: Hopefully you'll feel better in the afternoon, It's actually warming up here and is sunny outside

Trish: Thanks, my cpu has been misbehaving as well

Brenda: yeah that can be a problem, that's why I am thinking if I do get a tatoo, I'll either get it on my foot or something else (not paws) on my shoulder blade, since there is not much fat there they'll probably not stretch as much as having one on the tummy. The only problem is that I heard it hurts like a b*tch on places where there's not much fat or muscle.

Kay: Yeah I am debating about the tatoos,another concern is when I start my career. I could probably always buy shoes that hide them though. I'll be careful with my research on places before I get it done though.

Belle: I forgot to ask, did you go to U of Calgary by any chance when you were an undergrad? I considered applying there when I was looking for a university.

Becky: That's cool that you do aerobics, I found out my class tonight is the last one with my current instructor since she got a kickass job at Reebok, I am happy for her, but I'll miss her yelling "yee-haw" all the time, this girl has sooo much energy.

Suzanne: Good for you on going back to school full-time!

See Y'All!

Ali
Old 03-08-2001, 01:58 PM   #14  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey everyone! I'm here, but lurking. I've been too "supervised" to post properly, so I'll get back to work now. I was OP yesterday with excercise included and hopefully I can get to the gym tonight. I did the Self challenge, but should've started on Monday. I'm behind, but maybe I can make it up. I think the stretching sounds interesting. I'm really good at stretching. I stretch when I get out of bed, strecth out in the lazy boy and stretch out in the tub. Goodness, I'm an ace at the stretching!
Lolly: Kansas is right on top of Oklahoma so I'll definitely drive up to see you! When in October? That's my bday month, too!
Now, I'm getting back to work. I'm sorry I can't post properly! Have a great afternoon!
Old 03-08-2001, 01:59 PM   #15  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Picture??

I don't know if this picture thing will work or not. I haven't read since I posted but I will.

Me & Nestle the day Jeff brought him home! This is about what I weigh now.
Closed Thread