Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 06:39 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Wink

Morning gals,

I haven't really had time to read all your posts, but it's wicked to have so many of us chatting away. I need to practise playing with this new site too! I loved seeing all your pictures. I think it's great to have a wee picture next to our names. Either that or a little icon would be cool. I haven't got any recent piccies scanned in, but I did find this rather old picture of me (about 24-plus years old!). Hope this works!
I must go think of good poll questions now....

More later,
Kirsty
Old 03-07-2001, 07:11 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

GoodMorning!
Frightenly enough Im in a good mood this morning and without coffee
I got up at 6:30 did some stretching(snapcracklepop rice crispies) and almost have a 16 oz bottle of water gone
If I have time I will pop into the gym on college ave and see if i can get a schedule of classes or at least find the treadmill lol the stretching was a good stress buster tho
Kirsty! what a cute little girl you were I cant wait to see a new pic

Anyway Im off for a shower and some studying
Kierie
Old 03-07-2001, 09:12 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default WI Day!!

Yep I weigh in today in an hour actually. I am nervous b/c last time Iwent I was down 5pds but it has been a month and a half. Ahh I hate the stress I put myself through when I haven't weighed in in forever! Oh well. I though I would start by responding to yesterdays posts.

Kay-Your bridal pic is beautiful. You look like you just stepped out of Bride Mag.
I am skiing in Michigan. It is only about an hour from here. I have never been to colorado or anything but I should soon. I love to travel.

Jen- I agree with Kirsty I love the small pic under your name. I will try and do that when I am not at work and I have some free time. It may be a while though. I have been crazy busy. 8 of my cases are being audited and being a rookie I am a bit overwhelmed. I guess they just pick randomly but AHH it is keeping me busy.

Ali-Thanks for the weigh in advice. I will try to wear similar things etc.

Belle-Moving out is great. I just did and I cannot explain to you how freeing it is. I love it and HIghly recommmend it. It has been good for my confidence. There is such a feeling of independance. Good Luck!!

Kim- I am glad you got through the execution. The day you were all discussing it was my first day posting and I couldn't even imagine. YOu must be a strong woman!

Kieri- I understand the marriage thing. You know that saying something about 3 times a bridesmaid never a bride well, I have been a bridesmaid about 8 times so lets hope its false I know it is. I am single too and we will find amazing men soon!!!

Kirsty- I love the pic. You are so cute! By the way I thought I would mention that I love your name. I have always wanted that to be one of my future daughters names. I hope I have a lot of girls b/c I love girl names!

Well I will return after WI and fill all of you in!!
Becky
Old 03-07-2001, 09:58 AM   #4  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Dreaded Weigh In

Well, I went to WI and gained 1.5#! I knew that was going to happen, but I've started a new page and set my goal weight. So, now I have a new goal and dream to achieve. My boss is leaving today at 10:30 am so I'll be back then. Have a great day!
Old 03-07-2001, 10:44 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default me again!

lolly - i'll see if i can use the scanner at work and scan in the picture of when we finished the 5k race last year!!
have a top time in madrid by the way.
i think jen wanted to know what sticky gingerbread is. it's evil. it was a bit like sticky toffee pudding (if you've heard of that) but made with ginger....anyone got a better explanation?!
stacey - don't let the gain get you down. come back and post once nasty boss gone!!

kirsty
Old 03-07-2001, 10:51 AM   #6  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi guys! Kirsty - I haven't vetted the picture from the raceforlife! I hope it's not too scary ... don't want to put everyone off ...

This is a really really quick note because I have to go home and get ready for my big night tonight - it's our book launch in an hour and a half, and I have to try and look a bit smart. And my hair's gone all frizzy! It should be fun, my parents and my aunt and uncle are all coming down, and we're going out for dinner afterwards. I think we're expecting about 100 people! And I have to read some extracts from the book ...

Kay, Kierie (Kirsty?!), love the pictures! And Jen, that's a brill idea. As soon as I manage to scan one in, I'll do the same. Stacey - don't stress about the 1.5, you have the right attitude! And Becky, I couldn't agree with you more about the name Kirsty

Anyway - better dash. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!

love
Lolly
xxx
Old 03-07-2001, 10:54 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Morning All, I got back midterm number 1 and I got a b, not bad, not great, but hey, hopefully the next one I get back will be an A.

Kirsty: Cute pic , maybe I'll scan a pic of me when I was a tyke as well.

Kierie: I really need to start stretching. I am not that limber yet. I am thinking of starting a basic yoga course or something.

Grace: Cool, I have never been a bridesmaids (I am slated to be one though for a couple of my friends, whenever they get married), don't worry, that's just a silly saying. Yes you will find an awesome man soon (I want one too)

Stacey: Yup, It's a new week and I am sure you'll do well.

Take Care Y'all

Ali
Old 03-07-2001, 10:54 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

don't worry lolly, i'll hold off on the piccie till you've seen it. i keep meaning to post you a copy. have a fab time at the launch, sorry i can't be there.

jen - how do you get the little piccie to appear under your name btw? don't worry, i'll get a more recent picture to go there (most like a drunken new year one!).

hi ali. i am going to start yoga too cos i am so rubbish at touching my toes (i blame short hamstrings and long legs!).

kirsty
Old 03-07-2001, 11:12 AM   #9  

Oh, what wonderful pictures! Kirsty, you were an adorable child! Kay, I love your wedding picture too!!!! I wish we had a scanner and I would post too. Maybe we can learn how to use our cheapy version of a digital camera.

stacey - not to worry about the gain. Good for you for going to WI. I am sure that you will drop that next week.

Kirsty - I would love to see a recent pic. One of you partying sounds very true to form.

Lolly - We won't scare of the race photo. Good for you both for having done a 5k.

Becky - good luck at WI. I have been in a few weddings but my own was first. I have been a bride, Matron of honor and bridesmaid. this summer I will be reading in 2 weddings.

Kierie - You are off to a great start for the day, yippee! Good for you. I hope the good mood lasts all day.

Ali - Congrats on the mid-term, a B is very good. I hope the paper turns out well. I have one due next week!

I am feeling pretty good about food so far this week. I have been barely over points and done some pretty good exercise so far. I am really hoping to lose something a little more significant than 1 pound this week. I think that mentally, it would really help me keep going in the right direction. Ok, ladies, gotta go. Have a good day!

Sarah
194.4/167.6/153WW
Old 03-07-2001, 11:17 AM   #10  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Well WI was o.k. I am a bit down but I will get over it. I purchased like $30 worth of products from WW as if that is going to magically help I guess I was just catering to my shopping addiction!
O.k. I changed my profile so you will see the results but I will explain them also. I haven't been to WW since 1/27/01 and I weighed 186.6. I started this past Thurs. to follow program again and I went this AM to WI and I weighed 188.6, which shows a 2pd gain. I am trying to be optimistic though. If I would not have started last wk on the program I cannot Imagine what I would have weighed today. Oh well I have a ways to go. I could definitely use some support, girls!
Have wonderful days and Lolly have a great time tonight! How Exciting!!!
Love
Becky
Old 03-07-2001, 11:42 AM   #11  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hump Day - A new start?

I’m having a total mind blank. I was trying to remember what I ate last night and it left me! Oh, got it. I had a PartyLite Meeting and it was chips, 7 layer dip (not WW, someone brought it for me), Triscuits and cheese. I would have been OK if I only had 1 Zima, but I had 3. Hey, I was at my house and didn’t have to go anywhere and I was with my candle buds! At least I wrote it all down. As far as I can tell I was over by 6 points. Just trying to pat myself on the back for at least writing it down! I have someone at work scanning some pics of me, my DH and Nestle. I’m hoping I can be smarter than my computer and get them in soon!

Belle: Hmmmm, I hate ex-run ins. It’s fun though now b/c I get to introduce them to my HUSBAND! Ha, they are the ones who missed out!

Kim: Congrats on the awards! Sorry your b/f had to work, but good to see you back here

Kirsty: Awww, that picture is so adorable!!

Becky: Subliminal influence: The skiing in Colorado is great. The skiing in Colorado is great. The skiing in Colorado is great. hehehehehehehehee

Stacey: Don’t worry about it. Be glad you didn’t gain more. I’m still avoiding WI (convenient b/c my schedule has been nutso) and I know I”ll have like a 4-6 pound gain. We just have to keep at it!!

Becky: I know you will get back on track! We can’t lose without some gains right? That doesn’t sound quite right does it? Hehh.

Uhhh. Nose running across floor. Kleenex soon to follow. Not feeling top notch. Wish to be home in bed!
Old 03-07-2001, 11:53 AM   #12  
Scotland's finest export

poor brenda - hope you feel better soon. we drank LIIT last week in the lake district (and i thought of you!). the bar man (being a typical rural bloke) had no idea what a LIIT was, despite scanning through some cocktail books!! so we had to tell him. or make it up cos we weren't quite sure. we went for gin, vodka, tequila, rum, and i think triple sec! with coke (diet!). i'm sure there should have been something sour in there, but i don't know what....

sarah - what are you and hubby going to do with the money then?!

becky - lots of support from here - go girl - you can do it!

kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 03-07-2001 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-07-2001, 12:52 PM   #13  

Hi Ladies,

Back at work today and getting frustrated with pagemaker. Just ate lunch....I think I will go for another walk when I get home tonight.

Sorry I can't respond~much to do but have a good one!
Old 03-07-2001, 01:52 PM   #14  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Halfway to the weekend...

Thank goodness the week is half over! I went on my walk and then came back and ate a Healthy Choice French Bread Pizza. It was pretty good, but the sauce was too sweet. Nothing like a real pizza.
So once you had your picture on a disk, how did you get it to the board? Maybe if I play around a little bit at home I'll be able to figure something out, huh?
Well, I'd love to stay and play but I have to do some work to prove I was actually here today.
Have a great day!!
Old 03-07-2001, 02:00 PM   #15  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Stacey, I was just browsing and noticed the Pizza Problem! I like the lean cuisine pizzas better than the Healthy Choice.

Temptation is lurking all around me today. I was just thinking, HMM I had WI today which means I could totally blow off today and still be fine. AHH I hate that thinking. I have only been back on this thing for a wk. Can anyone relate or am I just a weakling. I am so discouraged after weigh in. I think I was hoping that I would miraculously be down 5pds even though I hadn't been there in 6 or 7 wks. I am just moping so bear with me!

Becky
Closed Thread