Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 09:17 AM   #16  

Brandon's sleepover was fun. 12 yr. old boys are starting to get ornery. They told joke after joke after the cake and ice cream. Hysterical. They played poker. One boy brought poker chips. They had a good time. the last 2 fell asleep at 3:30. I took a nap after they all left.

Ruth,
Glad you heard the click.

Dianne,
We are with you. I have to stay motivated the rest of my life.

Es,
I love your grocery list. It has been easier with groceries since Bruce left. When supper time comes it is like "What do you boys feel like?" I don't argue if it is soup and crackers, lean pockets,ff hot dogs etc... No big elaborate meals.
We are going to eat out Sunday. Not sure if I want a buffet or sit down.

Jen,
Glad the weather is better. I hope your muscles recover. Yard work is hard!!!!!!

Donna,
That is weird about May 1st. Brittany also had her tumor taken out in May 2 yrs. ago. It was right around her birthday. I know how you feel about the inconveience with school. Summer vacation would be much easier. I wish you all the luck in the world. Have fun with your visitors.

Gotta go shop for brandon's presents. TTYL,
Terri
Old 04-14-2003, 09:45 AM   #17  

Mornin guys:

Es & Jen - Let's do this - fresh start today! You both sound prepared food wise and mentally. I also bought some ww meals. That will help me especially with Monday nights since I bowl and I don't have time to cook dinner. What I've been doing, which is not a good thing, is waiting until I get to the bowling alley and then I wind up eating a frank and french fries Good luck to all of us!

Hi Donna - wow, sounds like you'll be busy for the next few days. Cool that Elena's cousins will be visiting though. Hope you enjoy your company.

Hi, ZoeGirl(come out, come out wherever you are!), Terri, Janie, Sandy and Ruth. Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:37 PM   #18  

Hey girls,
just stopped by for a few minutes before my next class.
I am so happy, I recorded a 6.2 LOSS today!!! Thank goodness that I didn't get discouraged with last weeks water weight gain and throw in the towel.

DIANNE, JEN, & ES, you girls are full of excitement this morning!! But after reading your post I need to go to the supermarket to restock!! Ya'll made me hungry!!

TERRI, sounds like the boys had a good time. I bet you needed that nap!!

DONNA, I know you are dreading the surgery, but the sooner it is done, the sooner you return back to normal. Enjoy your family, we will be here waiting for you when the folks have gone. Tell them your computer friends say hello.

JEN, what is it about yard work that makes us ache so much. Guess it's the fact that we have been idle all winter. The weekend Maurice and I raked our yard, we woke up with muscles aching. Oh well, it was worth it, the yard looked great and I used the yard work as activity points!!

DIANNE, yes, the time alone was wonderful. It ended way too soon!! But I do love having the granddaughters around. Until now Aliyah had not really been around me enough to start calling me Mamaw, now my heart melts everytime she calls me. The other day, she wanted her big sister to get her a hot dog out of the fridge, she kept saying "Sissie, I want dog" It was so cute.

Well, time to go to class, talk with you girls later.
Ruth
Old 04-14-2003, 01:02 PM   #19  

OMG Ruth - what a fantastic loss! You go girl Now I really feel motivated!!! Thanks for the boost!

Talk to you's later,
Old 04-14-2003, 01:23 PM   #20  

Hi everybody,
This is going to be short 'cause I just lost a really long post. So frustrating.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

More Later,
JanieD
Old 04-14-2003, 02:30 PM   #21  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth, WEIGH TO GO!!!! What a good loss, you deserve it great job! It's great that you're able to spend this time with your granddaughters, they sound so cute.

Terri,
I would not be able to stay up till 3:30 sounds like it was a success. Bruce comes home Friday, doesn't he? Enjoy

Dianne,
Have fun bowling. Planning your dinner was a great way to start... Ignore those fries at the bowling alley!

Donna,
Not being able to spend the $ now shouldn't stop you when we're here to help between all of us in this group, any questions you have will be answered, I'm sure.

Es,
How's your day going? I'm holding those munchies at bay, drinking water instead.

I called my dr. this morning for an appt., and they took me right away. She said she believes I've got Morton's neuroma, which is a nerve-mass-growth type thing, fairly common...treatable by pads, or injection, surgery being the last resort. I'm to see a podiatrist, am going to go to the facility where Joey works, as their drs. are renowned for being the best in the area. I'm waiting now to hear about the appt. with him. Just want this pain/problem to be gone soon!
While I was at the dr., I discussed my weight problem with her. She encouraged me to not "go on WW" because that will only lead to "going off"...but rather to make it my lifestyle. Well, that's not too profound, it's something we've all said at least once, right? However, I was motivated by her support and concern, she was very encouraging, while at the same time lamenting that I wouldn't be able to walk due to this foot problem.
She wants me to have a complete physical to rule out the obvious stuff, but I know it's not thyroid, etc...it's will power and control, or a lack thereof..... But I am having the physical in July.

Hi to Janie, Zoe, Sandy

~Jen
Old 04-14-2003, 05:52 PM   #22  

Jen, I'm glad you have access to some wonderful doctors. That is so important!
Thank you for your support since I will be "free loading" for a bit longer. I have down the concept, just need to apply it!
Ruth, you sure make me want to start over again as well. Congratulations on your loss!! that is way
Old 04-14-2003, 08:35 PM   #23  

Smile

Great loss Ruth! It must be so nice to have grandbabies.

Donna, we're here for you. We have to break out those summer clothes soon We can't give up no matter what. It's so much harder for me to lose weight than it was 5 years ago. Have to exercise even if it's for 20 minutes 3 days a week. Enjoy your visitors.

Jen, I did okay today. I didn't get to exercise but I will the next couple of days. Pete doesn't believe in diets. He says, healthy eating & exercise is what I should do. I get a physical every year. Mine is due in July too. I'm glad you went to get your foot checked out.

Janie, I've lost so many posts. What I do now is copy it first, just in case I lose it I can post again & paste it. That seems to work for me.

Terri, going out to eat Sunday is not a bad idea. I was thinking on doing that but I always change my mind. I'll see what Pete & David would like to do. I hate the crowds.

Dianne, how did your day go? What are your plans for Easter?

Buddies, let me say goodnight.

Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 04-14-2003 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:56 PM   #24  

Thanks Es for your encouragment. I was switching out my winter for Spring clothes today and put on a pair of shorts that were tight last year. I think I have about 2 inches give in the waist! I was shocked! At least I'm not as big as I was last summer although I still have a way to go.

Thanks to everyone for your support. I hope I don't impose.

have a good evening!
Old 04-15-2003, 08:04 AM   #25  

Angry

Donna, imposing? Not at all. I can say how I really feel about myself here. Not even my family knows I can't stand the way I look. They love me so of course they always say I look good. I'm doing WW online. I like the journaling. I've slacked up a lot writing everything down so this way works for me. There was another buddy that belonged to our group & she made up a thread for journaling. Terri kept up with it. Her name is Myra.

Hi Myra miss you!

Is anybody doing anything special for Easter? We hardly ever eat beef but I think I'm going to make a pot roast. If my sister doesn't have to work I'll invite her over with her annoying husband.

I'll be back later.

Have a great day

Love you's,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 04-15-2003 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:05 AM   #26  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
I was thinking yesterday of rhe journal thread that Myra and Terri kept up so faithfully. I think Pete's right in his outlook....eat right and exercise. Common sense and simple.

Donna,
the loose shorts is a definite victory I'll bet you were thrilled! All of our summer clothes are still in the attic, we'll switch over this weekend. Unfortunately, I don't expect any pleasant surprises when I unpack mine

It was 85 here yesterday! absolutely gorgeous, and the same for today.

later,
~Jen
Old 04-15-2003, 10:04 AM   #27  

RUTH,
What agreat loss. That is fantastic.

Jen,
I hope it all gets resolved soon. Sounds so painful.
I see what your Dr. is saying about "going on". Words are so powerful. We need to say "I am changing my lifestyle now." It is forever. No going on and off.

Es,
We always go to non traditional places for Easter. Seems like everyone flocks to the buffets so we avoid them. We never have any trouble.
When I was little my mom hid our Easter baskets every Easter Eve and then we would hunt for them in the morning so I did the same with my kids. It wasn't until 1996 that I found out not everyone did that. I thought everyone hid them. We were at a picnic when I mentioned it to a friend and she said she never heard of that and so I started asking around and noone hid them. I asked Bruce and he said "No, we hid eggs but not baskets." I asked him why he didn't say anything when I started doing it with Britts and he said he thought I made it up and it was fun. Mean but fun. The kids love it. I called my sister and she was shocked and started asking everyone and they said no too. I asked my mom and she said her mom did that and she thought it was the norm too. 3 generations of confused women.

Donna,
That is great about the shorts.

Here is a quote by a WW LEADER!

"When on a weight-loss program, instead of focusing on the total amount of weight you want to lose, concentrate on following the food plan one day at a time. Put a magnetic board on your refrigerator, and for each pound lost add a letter until you have spelled out s-u-c-c-e-s-s-f-u-l. This is a positive reminder that you've already lost ten pounds!"

Hi Dianne, Janie (sorry about the post), and Zoe.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 04-15-2003, 10:35 AM   #28  
Queen of the Fresh Start

WOW, Terri! Count me in as another confused woman....along with my whole family! Every Easter Eve we would put out our empty Easter baskets on the dining room table. The Easter Bunny would fill and hide them, and in the morning we'd look for them.
I never even heard of egg hunts, till I married Joe and he said his family used to do them each year. I was shocked to hear that they did it with real (hard-boiled) eggs, not kept under refrigeration!

We're having Easter dinner here, always make a baked ham, which is fine with me, cause it's all about the leftovers, in soup and ham salad Jess, Mike and the boys will be here, as will Joey.

~Jen
Old 04-15-2003, 11:12 AM   #29  

Hi guys

Jen - Sorry about your foot problems, but its good you're doing something about it right away. Hopefully, the first methods will work and you won't have to resort to surgery. I stayed away from those bowling alley fries Jen I had a ww meal with some lite bread before I went bowling.

Terri - We hid the eggs on the kids the night before Easter and they had a ball searching for them the next day - but we didn't hide the baskets. I think the kids got a quarter for each egg and if someone got more eggs than the other, we gave the loser the same amount anyway, so everybody actually won

Es - I'm doing well so far. I actually had 3 pts. to bank last night after bowling. I was saving them so I could have a snack when I got home, but then I thought.........I don't really feel like having anything so I should'nt just use them to use them, right? So, I talked myself out of eating and I figured those 3 points will come in handy one night when I really need them. For Easter we are going to willie's son Darren's house. We'll go to church with him and his wife and the 3 kids, then to the zoo (oy vey!) and then dinner. Alana and Justin will be home and Alana's boyfriend Casey will join us for dinner. So glad I don't have to cook

Donna - so about the shorts girl!

Speaking of journals, I've started one on-line yesterday - My FRESH START journal. I can't stand those little journal papers, so I hope this works.

Hi ZoeGirl, Janie, Ruth and Sandy

Have a great day all!
Old 04-15-2003, 04:59 PM   #30  

WOW Jen.
That is funny. My mom said that her mom never hid eggs and hid the baskets so she had it a$$ backwards. The eggs stayed on the table. Bruce said they hid eggs too. Everyone I talked to hid eggs and not baskets. I was obsessed with asking people that Easter and not 1 person said they hid baskets. You are actually the first person that I heard does it too.
I started hiding eggs in the house when Britts was little and I hid 12 one time and we could only find 11. We were watching the video later and in the corner we saw Bucky eating one.
Have fun on Easter. Sounds great!

Dianne,
Have fun On Easter. I love the money thing with the eggs. Have fun with your family. Since we have no family at Easter we do unconventional things on Easter like picnic, got to Sonic for dinner, Fly kites, etc...
Is the Fresh Start journal on another site?

Hi everyone!!!
Closed Thread