Old 10-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey Gals

Hope all is well check in when you can ok?
Has anyone heard of the Wheatbelly diet? Our local cardiologist is pushing it. Low carb of course, no wheat. Just curious.

Keepin at it!!!
Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #47  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Terri, sorry I didn't chime in sooner. Things have been so busy here. WE're getting ready for our annual Halloween party plus loads of other stuff. UI have heard of wheatberries, but no clue as to what the diet or success with it would be. I am doing nicely. I have a new plan: Get ready to laugh.
My new plan is: Weight Watcher, Jenny Craig, Food Lovers Fat Loss
Here's how it works. In my freezer I've got lots of Food Lover recipes I made up ahead and froze in portions. That's like Jenny Craig in that I don't have to think of what's for dinner because something in my freezer speaks to me at dinner time. Then, it's like Weight Watchers (which I have committed to completely again) where I have pointed out the recipes so I know exactly how many points plus are involved with each food item I eat.
Then it's like Food Lovers since I am making sure I eat every three hours and I combine a slow carb, a fast carb, and protein for my meals----my snacks are simpler, but the meals have those three components. It's interesting because doing it that way means I don't have dessert with dinner. I save it for the evening the way I did with Jenny Craig. Weight Watchers is the least restrictive and I think that's why I got into a pattern where I didn't lose weight. I am counting on losing a pound this week and plan to bring that about. Yesterday a bit too much food, but today should be good!

I'll try and chime in more often. All the Turtles, when you get a chance, we love to hear from you. Also Terri, both Bandit and I posted over on the Halloween Challenge so you can check us out there.

Best wishes and : to all of us. We are doing this one step at a time.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone

Terri - I think I have a wheatbelly!!! Just kidding - I read briefly about it,
but thats about it. My daughter just starting going gluetin free, so will see how that goes for her. I think it would be too restrictive for myself.

Judy - my oh my, busy girl with all those programmes. But if a combo works, then great! I also like the ww concept and being able to fit it in anywhere. I do well with measuring & structure. This eating til you feel full never did work for me, since I can eat volumes.

Yesterday, I stayed totally on track & kept within my points. And have my food all planned out for today. Knee feeling better, but will be awhile until
I start walking again.

Princess - hope you are doing well

Cherry - you have really done well with your programme, keep up the good work.

So, ladies Remember "baby steps" and lets get planning, tracking, counting and heading for success!!!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #49  
Chick

Bandit, great cheerleading on your part! Yeah, I can't eat to the volume I'd like since I never get overfull. Anyone else like that? I'm trying to take the best ideas from every program and see how that turns out. You guys know I keep on changing up until I lose a few pounds and then when I plateau I switch it up again.

Here's for all of us. Yes, Princess, we're all pulling for you.
Life4evr, finding a job in this market is tough, but I know there's one out there for you.
Cherry, how are you and your family doing?
Terri, still . Good for you
(My hip is almost normal and I hope to get out there and walk soon)
Jars, I see you on facebook all the time. The crochet projects are great.

Okay, gotta run. Had a huge lunch but honestly I'm not hungry so maybe that wasn't such a bad thing. Have 8 points plus to last the rest of the day.
Chicken thigh, carrots and mushrooms and onions saute, start with butternut squash soup------then I can have an apple or banana for a snack and I'll get through the day okay. yay.

Have a great day and a great week!
Judy
234.6/192/180's and thinner
Old 10-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi ladies - I need some appetizer suggestions for ladies potluck this weekend

I have made Judy's veggie pie several times, so should take something else,
although that is one of my favorites.

For default, I am thinking meatballs in crockpot & asian coleslaw. More
suggestions needed

Thanks
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #51  
Chick

Okay, I checked my looseleaf for suggestions.
Here's one I've made and it's delish----none of these are as hearty as your default recipes.

Football Special
1/2c. blue cheese crumbles
1 pkg. ff cream chees
1/2c FF sour cream
1c. chopped, cooked chicken (could be rotisserie)
1/4c. hot sauce--Franks (I think this is a lot! You might want to start with less and then add more)
Bake 20 minutes This is a dip and I serve it with celery
10 servings, 2 points each

Stuffed Mushrooms
24 large mushrooms, capped
1/2 pkg. chopped frozen spinach, cooked and drained
8oz. ff cream cheese softened
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2c. diced green onion
1/2 cup bacon bits
Remove stems from mushrooms. Set mushrooms aside. Dice stems and saute with green onion and garlic until tender. Add bacon bits and spinach to sofened cream cheese. Fold in sauted onion mixture. Spoon heaping spoonful into each mushroom. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 min.
Each musroom =1 point

Creamy Roasted Pepper Dip
8 oz. ff sour cream
1 7oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained
4oz. ff cream cheese
1 clove garlic , crushed
1T fresh basil leaves
1/2 t. dried oregano leaves
Blen all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour into bowl and chill befoe serving.
16 servings at 0 point / serving
Serve with crudites or it could be spread on bruschetta.

I hope these help.

I also like to have a shrimp ring available for my protein at a party.

Bandit, have a good time!

We're having a Halloween party this weekend. Somewhere between 25-30 people will be here. My upstate son and his family are coming down for it and it should be a good time. As far as food, I'll have to be very careful of the portions since all the food except the salad is fattening and we will have leftovers for the next day.

Sending my best to everyone. Take care and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/192/180's and thinner
Old 10-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #52  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
We are getting long. I'll see you all over on our new thread: Bale of Turtles getting ready for the holidays!
Judy
I hope you're all doing well. We know that if we keep on keepin' on, we will reach our goals.