Old 09-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #282 Bale of Turtles Ready for a New Challenge!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on trck. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Tough going here with Labor Day parties all here and then watching grandson for two sleepovers. Trying to be flexible, but food is responding to stress and that's just silly. I vow to stop it now!

Good luck to us all. Let's think about a new challenge. I know the Labor Day challenge worked out well for many. and to you!
Judy
Old 09-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone and happy Thursday...

Just a quick fly-by... things are still stressful here but will keep chugging along... scale is up again and that is just crazy... like Judy says, I need to stop it now!

Take care everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - I am with you all with scale being up & seriously, enough!

Have my Tops tonight & definately will be staying for the meeting. Really need it this week. And the summer fun continues - this weekend is Ribfest
so planning on eating super light before & after.

Even though I didn't do great on our challenge - I still think it kept food/exercise in the forefront of things & some, like Terri did great.
So will be good to have another challenge soon

See you "lighter"
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #5  
Chick

Bandit, I'm with you. My weight is up but I'm set to tackle this.

Susan, I saw your note on Facebook and I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. Know we are all sending you our condolences and love.
Judy
Old 09-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone it has been awhile. I was going to wait until i found a full time position to rejoin WW but left up to my own devices it is not pretty so I am going to go ahead and rejoin. Let's just say I was attacked by sodas and my weight has balloned. Hope everyone is well.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All!

Hey Life good to hear from you!! We are all chugging along!!!!

I am off to the gym, missed all of last week wasn't feeling great. I need to kick it up a notch, I am sure my heart is the better for the exercise I have been doing but my weight hasnt bugded!!!!!!!!!!

Heres to keepin on and at it!!!!
Not giving up!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

I am back up to 184# and not happy with that. Did my 3 mile tape
this a.m. and packed ALL my food for the day (ribfest was yummy, as well as breakfast out with my gs)

Hoping everyone is back at it as well
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #9  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Oh, my weight is up too. I seem to keep on saying that. In the meantime I am now on Food Lovers Fat Loss System. If I lose weight on this, it will be a miracle. Complete opposite of Jenny Craig where the food portions were tiny. This plan allows you to eat 3 meals and at least 3 snacks in the day.
I'll let you know how I do.

In the meantime, good to see you here Life! Re-joining WW's sounds like a smart thing to do. Good luck with your efforts. :

Terri, way to go to get to the gym. If I find some good recipes, I'll pass them along. They might help with the food portion of our weight loss journey. You've got the gym part down pat.

Princess, I'm sending you sympathy and condolences. I am sorry for your loss.

Love,
Judy
Old 09-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #10  

Judy- I am interested to hear how your doing on the new program and if it works for you.

Life- good to hear from you. Glad to hear your back.

Terri- Great Job.

Princess-Must have missed a post. Hope your doing ok. Your in our thoughts.

Bandit- just keep on keepin' on.

I have an annoying cycle each month. Around that TOM and the week after i gain a bunch of water weight. I lose for like a week to a week and a half an then it goes back up and stays up for another 2weeks. This time around i gained about 3 pounds in water weight and it freaks me out. I try to be careful about my salt already. This is my first period after my surgery though so i think that is part of it. I actually had another surgery done in my abdomen at the same time as gallbladder removal. Well hope everyone is still chugging along and i will try to check back in soon. Looks like things are slow right now.

Last edited by CherryAutumn; 09-13-2012 at 10:53 PM.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #11  
Chick

Yes Cherry, things are really slow right now. I know the beginning of the school year sets up different schedules for many of us.

I seem to be losing weight on the Food Lovers plan. I have made a turkey meatloaf and vegetable/chopped turkey lasagna and I have the portions in the freezer. The food is tasty and even if I'm a little hungry I know I can eat in two to three hours-----either a snack or a meal. It's an interesting concept, but I'm not on it long enough to know if I will actually lose weight.

cherry, sorry about the TOM complications and wishing you well that things start to balance out. You've done so well. Amazing weight loss!!
:

Things good here. Just busy.
: to all,
Judy
Old 09-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #12  

Good Morning everyone - just a quick fly-bye to check in with everyone... I am the same weight as i was at my last weigh in so no change there.

Thank you all for you thoughts, prayers and support - my mothers death was unexpected for us but I think when all is said and done she was ready to go on and be with those that have gone before her, quiet honestly I think she was just plain worn out.

I will be back in a bit folks but for now I just need a bit of time. Will keep at the WW and pop in when I can.

Take care of your selves and I will post again in a bit.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey Gals!

I'm hanging in there! Cannot get the eating undercontrol!! Cannot wrap my head around it! But I will do it!! I went to aquafit last night, so trying to keep at it!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #14  
Chick

Okay Turtles,
I am starting a new challenge that will bring us to Halloween. Are we up for this? Look for the new thread. We'll call it The Turtles Race to Halloween WI thread. How's that for a snappy title?

The Food Lovers Fat Loss plan is a nice, comfortable way to eat. Only problem is the weight isn't dropping off. The nice thing for me is that I'm not at my highest point from recent weeks, but I would like to lose. To do that I have to exercise and my hip is still giving me trouble. I'll work this out. In the meantime I saw my buddies at WW's mtg. this morning and I'm having a small group in for lunch next Wed. after our mtg. I love doing that.
We all potluck and it works out great.

See you on the Halloween Challenge WI thread.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #15  

Just a quick check in - the scale is up for me but that is due to getting no exercise at all and doing the mindless eating.

I am just for the Halloween Challenge though... thanks Judy