Old 10-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #61  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,

It's going to be a beautiful day here!

Mandy, have you looked into eTools on the WW site? It's really good. It will keep track of your points and give you all kinds of info.

Maureen, sorry the diet was too restrictive. I think WW is great--if I would just journal my points.

Sis, where are you? Miss you.

Susan, Dori, Jeanne, everyone else-miss y'all.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #62  
Thursday Lady

When it's cool, and that's not often here, all I want to do is stay under the covers.
What do you do on these days?????
Today I got up and went walking in a grocery store.

Everyone, take it easy.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon all

it's raining and cool out - very dreary - I went into the office this morning for about 5 hrs - got a lot done - we're having our awards dinner next saturday and I'm organizing things - just about done - I'm still plodding along - Tina what's cold to you? I know it's a lot different from we folks north of you. Are you getting any side effects of the hurricane? they say ontario will get a bit - lots of rain I guess

well I'm going to go watch some of my shows I PVR'd - SVU, the Mentalist - I was taping Days of our lives too but I can't keep up with it!!!

have a great rest of the day
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #64  
Susan

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the group Mandy! We are a great group! Great support and talk about everything!

Last week, I gained 1.6 pounds. This week, down .6. For some reason, I'm liking the .6. I'm really going to focus.

Ok friend, I need advice!!! When I went to the dr back in June for my yearly, I had to have a sonogram and a cervical biopsy. I think I told you that. Well, she said I was peri menopause, my levels were starting to show it. She said, not now but in the future you will call me for hormones. I feel like I'm losing my mind, I keep forgetting simple things, I get irritated over things that normally don't bother me, I feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat half the time. I know i've been under stress but not like this. Should I call her?

Y'all are the best! Oh and it was cool here this weekend!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #65  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

I would call the doctor regardless of the reason you're feeling that way. If they have something to make you feel better then why put it off. I know when I was at my heaviest I was depressed because of the weight, but there were a lot of other factors I had to consider. I was diagnosed with Graves disease years ago and my doctor recommended that I take the radiation iodine pill to kill off my thyroid that was so hyperactive. I put it off because I knew weight gain was pretty much a given after having it done because the thyroid controls your metabolism as well as a lot of other things. The heart palpitations and tremors got to be too much and finally I gave in and did it. Well it took awhile, but eventually I ended up with the opposite problem, which the doctor told me I would so it was no surprise. I was already overweight but had maintained 270-280 for years and was used to it. Well I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis after putting off going to the doctor for a long time because I knew what it was and just didn't want the doctor to say it (my mom has severe RA). When I finally went they put me on prednisone as well as a lot of other meds. Well after being on prednisone for over a year and I also quit smoking, I just kept gaining weight. I would just sit and cry to the doctor and so he finally put me on an antidepressant and weaned me off the prednisone. Finally I made up my mind that I was going to lose weight, that's when I went on Atkins. The doctor said with the RA that the Atkins diet probably isn't the best for inflammation, so I think maybe WW's will be better for me. But I know Atkins works if you really follow it to the letter, so if I have to I will go back to it.

Anyway, I didn't mean to tell you my life story. I'm just saying don't put it off and be miserable like I did so many times. Go to the doctor
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #66  
Susan

Mandy,
I've had Graves Disease and was the 2% that gained weight with it. Then after I had the iodine, it went to low and had all the effects from that. It goes off kilter about once every year and 1/2. We have to tweak my medicine. I can tell when it's not right. Crazy isn't it?

I'm 50 so I'm sure it the change. I did call my dr. And the nurse answered the phone! All a sign that I should have called! I'm just waiting for her to call me back. I love my dr!

Nothing exciting at school today! Thank goodness!i did sneak out a few minutes early and Pat was pulling in the driveway when I was. He looks like he doesn't feel good! Hope he isn't getting sick.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #67  

I hear you about being in that 2%. When I found out my thyroid was hyperactive it was because I had went to a diet doctor to help me lose weight and when my blood work came back they called me in because the doctor needed to see me, which is not common with the diet doctor; usually they just take your money and give you pills. Anyway, when I went in and sat down across from his desk he was looking at my thyroid levels and shaking his head. He said judging from your levels you should be about this big around (holding up his little finger). He said these are so far off the charts you might want to get them checked again to make sure it wasn't a lab error. And then he said "you need to go see your endocrinologist". I didn't even have health insurance at that time because I had just started my job and was still a temp. So it was actually years later before I finally had the radio-iodine thing done because I kept putting it off. I was scared to have it done because I was already so overweight and everything I read up on and the people I met who had had it done had said they wouldn't do it if they had it to do all over again. But I really am glad my heart doesn't constantly race anymore and I don't have the tremors or get out of breath like I used to. I got tired of everyone always asking me if I was okay. It took a long time to get my thyroid levels straightened out, but now that I'm in the normal range I feel so much better.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #68  
Thursday Lady

Morning,
Mandy, I'm so sorry you've had all that trouble.

Susan, did the doctor call you back? Hope so. Keep us informed!

Maureen, what's going on up there?

Another nice morning here.

Last edited by Tina; 10-30-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #69  
Thursday Lady

Old 10-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Halloween to everyone too! It's damp here but not too cold. Hope everyone weathered that storm okay. We got some wind but were pretty lucky that was it-

hope we all have a great day
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #71  
Thursday Lady

Morning all,

Okay, it's time to either throw out or put away the Halloween candy.
Being that we live in a gated townhouse, there were no trick-or-treaters at our door, again. I really miss that!

It's nice and sunnty here today. I'm off to take a walk.

Everyone, what's going on with you today?????

Old 11-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #72  

Default halloween

I was bad last night. I had no self control. I used 23 weekly points on candy bars, and I'm only on day 3! Anyway, I'm back on track today and determined to stay out of the candy. I just have to let yesterday go and forget all about it. I hope the scales don't show it too bad. I just couldn't bring myself to step on them this morning.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #73  
Thursday Lady

Mandy, congratulations for being back on track! With this program, when we "indulge" it is not the end of the world.

I am starting a new thread for November.
Everyone come on over!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #74  

I haven't touched the candy since Halloween, but I sure didn't like what the scales had to say this morning. I'm back up to 263! My goal is to get to 250 by December 1st.

Happy Friday everyone!