#281 Bale of Turtles Looking Labor Day Right in the Face!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Hi everyone - trying to catchup on the posts

Princess - hope you husband is doing well and you are coping with everything
    Judy - hoping changing up your food plan is helping
    Terri - We are in for some much needed rain, suppose to keep up til Sunday
    Cherry - nice to see you posting again and hope everything goes well with your surgery.
    All - hope you are all doing well at the scales.

I was down 1# last night at ww (missing tonight at Tops since going to concert) but really have been struggling over the summer. Some think it is easier to lose weight in summer, but not the case with me. And I know having lots of social things is not an excuse, but really hard with snacks/drinks and outside patio events.
    And when it was extremely hot, I missed my regular walks. This past week I walked 3 days which seemed to budge the scale in right direction for a change.
    I know I sound like whining but seriously I get so frustrated with all these gains & even though they are small they have added up over summer.

Anyway, I was glad to be down especially with being away over the long weekend.

All - lets keep moving in the right direction - no excuses!
  • Cherry, sending : and to you and for a wonderful quick and healing recovery. You'll be fine. Please let us know how you make out.

Bandit, good for your : You are not the only one with summer/losing conditions. Many of the girls in my WW group feel the same way. For myself, I do much better once the fall starts. The crisper, dryer less humid weather encourages me to walk more. My best friend in WW says that she hates to be a whiner but she never has ever in her life lost weight over the summer. She's already lost 60# and is doing everything she can to keep it off. Then her next step is to lose more.....just like me.

As far as me, it hit me like a bang to my head in the middle of the night. I had completely forgotten that when I had a simple procedure, part of the recovery was to take cortisone/prednisone. I do not do well with that and I always gain weight with those meds even when I diet hard!!!!! I know I'm not alone in that. So although I've gained weight during our challenge and hat's off to Princess who has done so well even with all the huge challenges she's facing including an emergency trip to hospital for hubby and her own need of an MRI, I finally have figured out why the scale hasn't been responding the way I wanted. I feel so stupid for simply forgetting about this. Ugh. So now, even though the scale isn't where I want, I know that the steroids will eventually leave my body and as long as I keep on dieting I will lose the weight. I am aiming for Core in the near future but with this idea in mind I am going to stick with the froz. food menus I've been using and switch to Core more completely when I feel my body is able to release weight again.

Hey, sorry this got so personal and so long. Love you guys!
    Terri, how are you doing?
    Jars, I see you on facebook. You are one lovely gal!
    Hey Life4, how are things going for you?
    : and to all of us and all our challenges. You are the best.
    Judy
  • Good morning everyone... just a quick hello to you all. DH is getting a bit better each day, they took some tubes out yesterday and with any luck he may be coming home this weekend!

Cherry: Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Bandit: I hear your frustration and just know that we are all here with you and summer is quickly coming to an end... you will be back into the losing here soon I just know it!

Judy: I know you have a lot going on but your plan to successed it firm... you will do this!
  • Thanks for the good news about your husband, Princess! And the cheery notes of encouragement to us all.

I feel much better about my weight loss/no weight loss now that I've figured out what's going on. Not fun, but sensible and I'll get through this.
    Judy
  • HI all and happy Sunday! Brought DH home from the hospital late Friday evening so now we are setting into a long recovery here at the house... we have a very long road to travel I fear but we are both still here we are together and we are going to be ok.

Judy: You hang in there! the meds are wicked we both know that but you will get thru and be on the other side in no time!

Bandit: hope you are enjoying your weekends at the lake!

Terri: How are you doing?

Cherry: hope your sugerys went well and that you are on the mend!

Life: How are you doing?

Here is an interesting tidbit for you all. A few weeks back when I was going to get the first spinal injection I had to go off of all blood thinners and since I take lots of supplements. etc and don't know if they are blood thinners or not for the most part I stopped taking EVERYTHING! Vitamins, everything I stopped... I have dropped 10 lbs since I stopped taking those... now I have had a lot of other things going on as well and have just not been eating like I was before but I thought it was noteworthy and would pass it along.
  • Just a fly by check in! I am here! caught up with posts!!

Well wishes to Princess (her husband!) and Cherry!!!

Off to gym have been MIA for the last week!!!

Terri
  • Hey All!

Have been working 10 hour days!!! Worn out!!! Did make it to Y yesterday morning. Eating has been my usual so so,

Princess hope hubby is feeling a bit better everyday! and you too!!!
    Judy hope you get off the puffy prednisone soon!!!
    Bandit!! you rock as usual! no excuses!!
    Cherry hope you are on the mend too!!!

We wanted rain we got it!!!
    Terri
  • Hi turtles

Princess - hope you hubby is doing well and you are handling everything.
    Judy - hope you are also coping with your meds & as you know the weight
    will go down when it can
    Cherry - hope you are OK with your medical issues and staying in control
    My goodness - what a group, lots of medical stuff going on

Terri - yes, the rain has been coming and now for sure grass cutting at home/trailer is on this weekends list. Weekend suppose to be cooler but sunny which will be great to get outdoor chores until control again.
    Nice job on getting to the Y and working such long days, good for you!

I went bowling last night and that was fun. Been staying on track, planning meals ahead and behaving myself. Going to movies tonight to see Hope Springs which looks really good. I like Meryl Streep & Tommy Lee Jones so should be fun. My plan is to eat beforehand & skip the popcorn

All - hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Behaving yourself is a great Bandit, that made me laugh!!!!

Okay, quick read through the posts. I'm back from Hershey Park with dh,
    dd, dsil, and dgrandson. It was really good. We were there three days. Food choices were tough, but walking was good. Now back to reality. Looks like, although my weight is up......it was already up and the trip didn't do much damage. Yay! Hate weighing this much, so I'll just apply myself, stop whining, face reality, and keep on keepin' on. the weight will release when it wants.
    Judy
    Going to my WW mtg. now.
  • Princess, somehow I missed page one and your good news about having your dh home. for a quick recovery. : for you to keep your energy and spirits up.

As far as the supplements, this is quite interesting to me. Thanks for the input. It certainly bears looking into.
    Judy
  • Hi turtles - Made it through the movie with no popcorn and for me that is something. Having dinner planned beforehand helped, but still I always make room for popcorn, so was happy.

Judy - sounds like you had a great time being away and good for you for getting in walking. I find that really helps even if I have a few extras.

All - good luck at the scale this week
  • I got to come home after surgery the same day despite actually having 2 different surgeries done at the same time. I am still dealing with a little nausea and light headedness and it is 6 days after the procedure. I gained some weight and it hasnt leveled off yet but i am hoping that most of it is caused by surgery and once my body gets used to functioning without a gallbladder it will be better.
  • Bandit, weigh to go skipping movie popcorn! It is so tempting.

Cherry, so glad you're back home. You'll be feeling great soon. I have a feeling you may be holding water from the surgery which is very common.
    Holding fluids in cells and in the area that was disrupted where you had your surgery. Thanks for chiming in. You're doing so great this year. Look at your total! Weigh to go.

Judy
  • TGIF
    Looking forward to some weekend R&R!!!

Cherry you'll be on the mend in no time!! Feeling a bit better everyday!

All lets keep at it! No giving up, things are really clicking for some, others (like me) are hanging in!!! Keepin at it waiting for the click!!!

Terri
  • Hello everyone and happy Saturday! I am skipping WW this week and will just not do a W/I... I am just plain worn out and need a break.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend.