3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

#279 Bale of Turtles Doing the Best They Can!

Old 06-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #31

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning everyone and happy Tuesday! I am getting online a bit late this morning, we have an electrician coming today so I am working from home and slept in for an extra hour. I am getting ready to log on to my work computer and get my day started but wanted to pop in here first.

I was not feeling well at all last evening - tummy issues - so I took the night off, made dinner and went to bed early so that was my one night of no exercise and will have to do something each of the other nights but we have sunny clear skies this weeks so it should not be a problem and I have picked the other two classes that I am going to be attending this week at the Gym to make up my 3 x's a week of classes Things are moving foward!

Cherry: I agree with Judy - get a second opinion and even a third if you need it - one other thing (IMHO) stay off the internet sites that tell you all of that stuff and talk to the doctors in person and find out what options are available for someone with your condition. Take care of yourself!

Judy: How are you doing so far this week? .4 is a great start and I am thrilled that you are doing so well. Have you all been having dry weather in your area? We are so dry here and we need the rain but for me right now the dry spell works! My official first day (if all goes well) with my company as a full time employee is Monday the 18th - I have waited a long time to find a perm home for employement so I pray this turns into what I hope it to be.

Bandit: How are you doing? Did you get your 2 miles in at lunch yesterday? So do you work in the city or a smaller area? Do you have nice place to walk while you are there? I am in the city now when I am at work and I see people out walking so will need to get out there and join them at some point and I need to block my calendar as people keep scheduling meetings over my lunch time LOL - we are so busy that it is hard to blame them though.

Terri: how are you doing lately? Any new adventures with your son now that schooll is out for the summer?

Life: you up for our challenge? We sure would love to have you join us!

I need to run but I got a new cookbook at my WW meeting last weekend so I will share a recipe when I hit on a good one!

Impossible is nothing!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #32

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey Gals I am hanging around! Thanks for thinking of me!!!

Will check in later with a longer post and what I am going to do for labour day challenge!!

Talk to you's Soon!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #33

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone I am trying to get back on track. Debating about joining the gym again. WW is still on the back burner. What is the challenge? I will reweigh myself tomrrow the break between classes did some damage.

Last edited by life4evr : 06-12-2012 at 04:21 PM.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #34

S/C/G: 220/207.75/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Princess - yes, I got in another 2 miles at lunch and 2 more this a.m.
I work in city and my walk is usually around the block 2 times which takes
40 min so I count it as 2 miles, since that is time it takes at walking centre.
New recipes are always welcome!

Terri/Life - glad to see you guys posting.
How you liking the weather, Terri? Can't believer how hot it has been,
but I like the heat so not complaining.
Trailer all opened up and ready for the season - planning on going up
this weekend.

All - hope you are doing great!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #35

Good morning all and happy Wednesday! I got to a Zumba Class last night but to be honest is was so crowded and it was so hard to move that I am not certain it even counted... I will need to find a new class to replace that one moving foward since I need to make it all count and as much as I like that teacher the last two times I have been at that class it has been like that so I think I need to move on.

So far so good this week - tonight I will be walking so that will be my exercise for the day.

Bandit: That is great that you have your lunch walk all planned out like that! When I start my job as a perm employee I will be able to use the fitness center and I think that will come in handy for the early morning walking.

Terry: Glad to see you post! Looking forward to seeing what your goals are!

Life: Just pick a goal weight or something that you want to attain by Labor Day and what you plan to do to get to that goal... like walk 3 x's a week or follow an eating plan... basically this is yours to do as you want we are just using the Labor Day holiday as the deadline I guess.

Judy: I keep meaning to ask you about your DH - is he is better from his recent illness?

Cherry: Hope you are doing well!

Make it a great day all!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #36

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey Gals!

Bandit love the heat but not the humidity! Last eve, this am are perfect weather! Let the sun shine! We went to lake May long weekend, up to inlaws on Lovesick lake last weekend, wont make it back to lake until the July 1 weekend! I feel summer slipping away already!!!

Princess I hate it when classes are too crowded, we have that trouble with aquafit at Y! Walking seems to be the exercise of choice for everyone!

Judy Hope you are well, and things are going great!

Life/Cherry glad you gals are hanging in and keepin at it!!

My labour day goals-
Exercise Y 3 x week
Walk when I can at lunch and evenings with DS
Generally eat less move more!
I obsess over the scale so not going there with a weight goal!!

Have a happy hump day girls!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #37
Chick

Hi Turtles,
My dh is almost fully recovered. Thanks for asking. I too am feeling well and am so excited about our goal setting for Labor Day. Sometimes the summer can be tough with unplanned entertainment, but I think over the years I have figured out what to do. Plenty of BBQ meat in the freezer, take up offers from kids to pick up things (like hamburger rolls) if I can't get out to shop in time. Celery, carrots, and hummus seem to be a good treat for all. I also keep 90 calorie tortillas in the freezer which I cut up, spray with Pam and seasonings and toast in the oven for low cal "chips or crackers".
That works. So, I'm getting my mind set on the food, and I want to make sure I don't jjust look at the pool, but that I swim too. My grandson loves to race me in the water and that's so much fun.

Gotta run. I'm reading all your posts and I'm so happy that Princess got us going again! We need that encouragement to reach our goals, short and long term. We are the best.
Judy
234.6/189/184 and lower onto 175 by Labor Day. I can do this!!!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #38

Judy and Princess- The problem is i have already been to see several doctors and all said it sounded like gallbladder but they couldnt find anything. The main things you can do for it is a bland diet which i cant do much more than I already am and it doesnt really help except to keep the bad attacks away and the other thing to do is remove it because it eventually will get worse. So that is why i am feeling stuck. Princess I agree about reading the internet (and i know better) but i cant seem to help myself.
sounds like everyones summer is going well so far and everyone is keeping busy. I will try to check back in soon.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:00 AM   #39

Good Morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! I got my walk in last night and food was pretty good, I had my goodbye lunch with the recruiter that brought me in to the outsource company that I work for now but will be leaving as of tomorrow. We have become friends over the years that we have known each other so it was nice to catch up and have a chance to thank her for getting me the chance to work for a company that is hiring me full time.

Cherry: Good luck with what ever you choose! I know sometimes there are hard choices so I hope that things works well for you so that you feel better.

Judy: Sounds like you have a great plan in place! Glad DH is feeling better! Take care of your self too !

Bandit: We have been loving our weather here also, very much like yours, we are very dry now though so could use some rain! What a great way to spend weekends... at the lake! Enjoy! Reading anything good right now?

Terri: Great goals! You sound like you are very busy also! Hope you have time to do something just for you!

Life: How are you doing so far this week?

Have to run, busy day ahead! Take care everyone!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #40
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, how nice this recruiter and you became friends and her work and yours has resulted in a permanent job for you. Yay and very much good luck when you start work on Monday.

Cherry, oh, okay. I'm sending : to you. This is a tough decision.
but I know you'll do something sensible.

Bandit, you rock with your and walking. I love that.

Terri, how smart to not set a weight loss goal for the summer. It doesn't make sense to do the same things that haven't worked over and over. What makes complete sense is what you're doing.

Life, good luck with your decisions. You know we're all pulling for you!
By the way, I dropped my facebook account so I only hear from you on 3fatchicks. and We can do this!!!!

Turtles, I have such great news. I dropped two pounds this week and I am so excited. It hasn't been easy and I've been hungry here and there, but this is worth it. My short term goal is to possibly drop a couple more ounces between now and our official WI on Saturday. That would be so wonderful.
My supermarket had a fabulous sale on WW frozen products, so my dh and I stocked up and I find this a good way to diet. Right now I am in diet mode and I'll change to lifestyle mode as I get closer to goal. Diet works for me right now because the other where I was cooking all the time and thinking about food shopping, etc. put too much emphasis on food. So, for now, this works and that's what 's keeping me going.

Good luck to all of us. I smell success in the air!!!!
Judy
234.6/189/184 and lower Goal in 2012
Old 06-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #41

Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Lots of stuff to do this weekend with staining the deck and figuring out fathers day! with the deck being worked on we wont be able to cook out, etc so I need to figure something else out - we are doing lunch so it should not be too hard to come up with something.

Got my walk in last night and am going to try and get to a cycle class this evening - I was hungry last night and found myself picking way too much!

Judy: you sound like you have a great plan in place! Great job on the 2 lbs and good luck on the rest by Saturday! I was down at my tops w/i last night but not near as much as I thought I would be so need to work hard today so I see something tomorrow I guess.

Have a to run lots to do!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #42

S/C/G: 220/207.75/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles

Congrats to all who lost weight this week - awesome job

I was down abit last night, so my walking helped so we did overindulge
at conference last weekend.
Weather is great & today doing home yardwork, then heading to trailer
to do same. Will get in a walk up there around the lake

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #43
Chick

glad we're all keeping at it. The most challenging part of losing weight has been the consistency of it all. We are doing this. Feeling hungry usually means a nice weight loss is coming. I have also gathered some foods that I can eat as a snack when I need one. (My husband's cashew nuts that he needs to keep on hand didn't make the list. Lol) I have an 80 cal. yogurt called Fit and light by Dannon that is quite yummy. Fruit, low fat string cheese, and one hundred calorie bags of pretzels. Also hummus (i have to watch that) and carrot and celery sticks help. I am definitely in diet mode and I'm working very hard at this.

I'll worry about unprocessed organic foods once I get to where I want to be. I just don't want to add any more pressure on myself. The funny thing is going to JC was a huge help because on their 1200 calorie diet plan, I did lose weight. Then, duh, I figured out I could do this by myself by using the low cal foods in the freezer case. Each day is a new challenge but I do well with a routine. Father's Day will be tricky, so I have to start planning for it now. I've got delicious ninety-seven percent ff Kosher franks in the freezer.
When I load it up with sauerkraut and relish and mustard it tastes fine. Plus, the gathering of family is most important. Right?

Okay-----let's all have a great day. Thanks for your constant support.

Judy
234.6/189/184 and thinner. On to goal in 2012
Old 06-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #44
Chick

Good morning and Happy Father's DAy!

This new challenge is working well for me. Thanks Turtles for providing that extra push that gets me closer to goal. I love that we all can help each other out. It's a good thing.

Today should be fun and I've got my food planned out. I plan on a "sliver" of dessert and I plan on having lots of fun with the kids and grandchild.

The sun is trying to break through, but right now it's overcast. Come on sun!!!

Okay, enough babble. Have a great day. Take care of yourselves and keep on keepin' on. Onward and downward.

Judy
234.6/187/184 and thinner on to goal in 2012.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:56 AM   #45

Morning all! Weekend was pretty good but I ate too many points yesterday! I did get a cycle class in though so will just make sure that I am journalling and staying on plan to work off what I ate too much of yesterday.

They called for rain yesterday here so we did not stain the deck, got all of the other prep work done - it never did rain! so we will try and do that again next weekend.

Have to run, today I go through orientation to offically start my job.

Impossible is nothing!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.