Thursday Chatters enjoying May

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Jeanne, glad your mil is out of the hospital. I certainly hope she is in a good nursing home!
    Take care of yourself.

• Hi,
    What's up with everyone today? I still have pain. However, I'm about to run off. Not having a car is the pits! I feel so isolated. (I couldn't drive yet, since I'm taking pain pills.).

Maureen, will you walk some just for me?

• Thank you all for the birthday wishes! It was a memorable birthday. Not sure who saw it on FB and who didn't, but I got out of my car to get the mail, forgot to put car in Park, and the car went on up the driveway by itself. It ran into the house, just a little bit of brick off of the house, but the car doesn't look good. Went for an estimate, not sure what it is yet, but I know that it won't be pretty. I can laugh about it now, but when it happened I was in tears.
  • Hi,
    Ya'll remember me??? LOL oh my gosh, I think I'm losing my mind..... maybe I already did! I've missed ya'll. Not sure why I haven't been on here lately. You know school is wrapping up and I'm MORE than ready for vacation to begin!!!

Since my nephew was killed in the car wreck, my eating has been out of control! Seriously out of control!!!! I plan to get back with it as of tomorrow morning. I would say now but I'll be going to bed soon and not eating anything else.

The night before us leaving to go to San Antonio for the funeral, etc.... we were watching Pat's friend's doberman and sheltie. The doberman got off her leash and attacked my dog. She had to go to the ER, surgery, then stay at the vets for 4 days, another surgery 5 days later, and the vet calls today to tell me that she needs another medication because of the infection. We have now spent $2300 on her. My poor dog! Pat said "we will NEVER watch the dog again" (I'm just glad it wasn't my friend's dog)

I send my love to you all! Life is too short and you need to make sure that you let those you care about know. So consider yourself told! You all mean the world to me!
  • Hi all,
    Susan, it's sooooo good to see you here again. I am ao sorry about your nephew. I know you will miss him terribly.

Tammy, sorry but I laughed about your car. I could just see it happening--kind of like a comedy show. Okay, maybe it's the drugs talking.

I do feels lots and lots better. I have to be careful because at any time, the pain catches me, in the chest, and is so bad! We can't get me a rental car until I'm off pain pills--so I'm legal to drive. Even the thought of wearing a seatbelt hurts.

Maureen, Sis, Janelle, Jeanne, forgive me for not writing more but the pain pill is kicking in now.
  • Susan how right you are about life being too short - no matter how long we're here!!! I just found out that my nephew(he's probably 41) has stage 4 stomach and esophagus cancer - now I'm not that close to my nieces and nephews but I feel so bad for my brother, his wife, all their family-my nephew has 2 young sons - so I just feel so bad for them all.

I will go and see my mother tomorrow with my sister - I was there today with another brother & sister in law.
    I'm just waiting for another brother and his daughter(and her 7 month old son Brody) to come over - they went over to see my mom
    please have a great saturday evening - if it's nice when I get up tomorrow I'm going roller blading!!

maureen
  • Maureen, how is your mother doing?

• Happy Mothers Day
  • Happy Mother's Day to everyone
    just got a call from my youngest son - he's in Edmonton - will go see my mother later - Tina, you asked how she's doing - she's walking when my sister was told she wouldn't be able to walk again because her ankle wasn't healing properly! I guess there are pluses to being stubborn. She seems to be okay but as soon as we walk out she doesn't remember we were there.
    What a crappy disease to get!!

looks like it's going to be a nice day - I just made some muffins - so will go for a walk as soon as they're out of the oven.

maureen
  • Hi friends, I hope we all had a great Mother's Day.
    I'm a little slow this morining. I will come back after breakfast and write more!

• Hope everyones Mothers Day was awsome! Mine was very nice. Im hoping not to have a gain tho cuz I splurged on Saturday when we went to a Mexican restaurant. I had a YUMMY meal and a Margarita *LOVE MARGARITAS!!* So I will know in a little while.
    Have a great evening everyone. I'll post later how I do at WI.
  • Hi,
    Hope everyone is doing good. I'm hanging in there. I think I might go to counseling to see if I can get to the bottom of why I can't lose weight. We get 6 free visits through the school district. You can go for anything.

I'm going home on Saturday for one of my nephew's graduation. He is one of my big sister's sons. Her boys are like my own. I am so proud of him. I'm taking Monday - Wednesday off. I'm going down Saturday. I can't wait, plus I get to spend time with Momma!

Nothing new here!
  • Well, I actually managed to lose 1 lb! I was very surprised, but happy. My total so far is 14.2. I'm not losing fast on this new program, but I must admit it is steady. So far only 1 week where I didn't lose something even if it was .4 lb, so I am totally good with that.
    Hope everyone has a great week. Take care!!
  • Sis, that is absolutely wonderful!!!

Susan, I hope you get some answers from a counselor. Enjoy your trip.
    Maureen, how were the muffins?

Tammy, is your car fixed?
    Janelle, how are things?
    Dori--it's been too long. Please post.
    Jeanne, how are you?
  • Happy Thursday!
    Let's all have a great day.