Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 10:20 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of March 10

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hi everybody! Sorry to be awol this weekend; DH and I were tidying up around the house and yard like crazy, and had a dinner party last night. Enjoyed being with some friends we seldom get to spend time with, and stayed pretty much OP as I fixed lowfat Mexican food. (Will have to post the salad recipe later ... black beans and jicama, very healthy but really good...)

NascarGirl, wtg on all that yard work! Dh and I did a little of that this weekend too; much more needs to be done, though ... Enjoy the race, and good luck at your meeting tonight!

Hi Hottie! I love Kashi too, especially their "Good Friends" cereal. We have that almost every morning! Some people also make bran muffins with it, but I'm not much of a baker... Thanks for the article from the Men's Corner; that was really interesting! I never knew that about sighing.

JOYce, glad the trip went well; how sweet of you to bring your Mom all her favorite treats! The camping trip sounds like fun; I'll bet you'll have great weather for it too. And WTG on turning down all those sweets!! You are an inspiration ...

Gotta run! Have to get ready for classes. Hope everyone's having a great Monday!
Old 03-10-2003, 12:55 PM   #2  

Thumbs down

Wow....I'm the first to post today! I'm Happy today!! My guy won yesterdays race!!

Will see how the wine affects the scale tonight

Hottie - yea we go to Bristol too, only we go to the August race at night! That is my favorite track. We will be at Talledega in April too we camp at the spring race but not the fall one.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I gotta run and eat my LC and get back to the office. Try to check in later!
Old 03-10-2003, 08:08 PM   #3  
Inchworm

Angry Stopping to say hi!

Not much to report. Playing bunco tonight, that is always a challenge with snacks.
NASCARgirl Hope your WI goes well tonight.

The couple that were going camping with us backed out, so will have to re-think this. Maybe we will do it alone.

I need to go start my tacos, I wonder if they will notice that they are ground turkey instead of beef! ssshhhh!
Old 03-10-2003, 09:04 PM   #4  

Talking

well I think all that yard work and walking to the track paid off I lost the .4 I had gained last week so a total loss of 10.2 so far! Starting week 10 tomorrow. I must say I'm happy with this WOE so far. It has not been too hard. I think my biggest challenge is dining out, I don't do that a lot, but when I do I have a hard time.

I think the portion control has been the key for me, I'm more aware of it now and that seems to be helping. That's my tool for living I guess that sticks with me the most.

Nothing on TV tonight all reruns......so I guess I'll go to bed early I'm a little tired, I got sun burned a bit on my arms yesterday so didn't sleep too well last night. Ya'll have a good night!
Old 03-12-2003, 10:44 AM   #5  

Nascar Girl, WTG on the 10.2 loss! I know what you mean about dining out; that's still a challenge for me. Esp. down here, where they almost always put a big basket of tortilla chips on the table before you even order! Dh and I try various things, like asking them not to bring any, or covering it with a napkin, but they still call to me! Hope your sunburn is better by now ...

JOYce, I'll bet they never guessed that those tacos were turkey! How was the bunco party? I haven't been to one of those in ages...

Not much happening down here. Busy week at work, finishing up projects before our so-called "Spring Break," which is just a long weekend. Sigh. Guess we'll get some things done around the house, though! Dh is kinda talking about an overnight trip to Mexico, but the weather doesn't look good.

Hope everyone's having a good Wednesday! Sure is quiet in here ... drop by and post when you can, y'all!

Regards,
Jan
Old 03-12-2003, 02:48 PM   #6  
Inchworm

NASCAR girl You have the right attitude! That is why you are 10.2# lighter! Weigh to go!
I need some of that attitude!

JAN Bunco was great! I won $50.00! No one has ever done that and I imagine we will change some rules, I feel guilty, having taken 3 prizes! some groups only allow 1 prize per person. I took the most wins, the most buncos and the last bunco! I did not feel guilty that night!
Snacks were o.k., nothing that really called to me, and the hostess made a lite dessert.

dgd guessed the turkey when I was cooking it. dh asked what it was at dinnner and she told him 'meat'. he knew it wasn't beef, but enjoyed. it is so much lighter than beef and has a different looking 'grind'. Next time, I will have to start earlier, so they don't see it, and if I get the taco seasoning in to darken it, it will not be as obvious. Hard to change the 'old guys' likes! It is all what we get used to!

You have an early, although it be short, Spring break! ours is not until the middle of April, the week before Easter. Doesn't mean as much to me now, dgd won't go with us if we go anywhere, so why should we fight the crowds?!?! Although 3 other 'local' dgk's may have different breaks, I need to check and see if I will be keeping anyone.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:33 AM   #7  

Hi JOYce! Wow, fifty bucks at bunco! WTG! Hope you get yourself something nice with that! Re: the turkey, I think you've got something there, cooking or seasoning it before they see it! I think it tastes a lot like beef, myself. We use it all the time in any recipe we used to use ground beef for.

Dh and I are now officially on spring break, and are starting the morning off right with an OP breakfast, tidying up the house, and a walk later. This afternoon, if it doesn't rain, we're taking the kayak out to the lake. I still haven't done my March WI, and the scale is not cooperating; gotta buckle down!

Hope everyone's having a great week!
Regards,
Jan
Old 03-13-2003, 11:32 AM   #8  
Inchworm

Default "gotta buckle down"

If I had a buckle, it wouldn't fit, and not getting any better!
I really need to get with it!
Hope you get to use that kayak today!
We don't get to get our trailer out, dh has to work all weekend.
I think it is going to rain as well.

YES! I did get something nice with my winnings! I went to the glas store yesterday and got a very nice book on making beads and a cupla new tools and glass rods, came home and made a couple of beads. The first time dgd had seen me 'in action' ...she was very impressed.

No big plans today, guess I better get some house cleaning done so I can play with my beads!

Have a great day!
Old 03-13-2003, 06:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi ladies:

Hope everyone is having a good OP week. I have done pretty good this week & started doing some exercise as well.

Off to bf for supper tonight & he is suppose to making something healthy for us.

Have a good holiday, everyone.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:45 PM   #10  

Hi JOYce! Glad you spent your winnings on some fun stuff! I have watched my sister make those beads, and I am in awe ... don't know how y'all do it! Sorry you won't get to go RVing this weekend; soon, I hope? Re: the kayak, yep, we took it out to the ranch and paddled all over the lake! Such fun. Dad watched from shore with his cocktail and guacamole, so he was happy too. We also took a really long walk across the dam and through some pastures to herd a few cattle back where they belonged. So, got some good activity points today!

Bandit, glad to hear you are having such a good week! Way to go on adding in the exercise; that makes a big difference. Enjoy your supper tonight! How sweet of your bf to be making a healthy dinner for you!

Hope everyone has a good weekend planned. DH and I will probably go to San Antonio tomorrow for a movie and some shopping, maybe a WW mtg. This "spring break" isn't really long enough for much else; decided against the Mexico trip. Maybe we'll get lots of stuff done around here, though!

Regards,
Jan
Old 03-14-2003, 12:42 AM   #11  
Inchworm

Well, looks like we will have a quiet weekend around here. dh and dgd are both getting sick. I had planned to to celebrate a bday with anothe dgd, but they are all sick too. I'm not claiming the soreness creeping into my throat!

Bandit Hope you had a nice dinner! sounds like your bf is a good 'catch'!

Jankeep in mind that I am not proficient at this bead thing yet. But ist is fun trying.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:55 AM   #12  

Hi everyone:

Did another mile last night & this a.m. of the WATP video.
BF joined in last night, but not this a.m. The supper he made was pretty healthy, so I stayed within my points for the day.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:01 AM   #13  
Inchworm

Good morning Bandit!
What is this video that you mentioned?
Old 03-14-2003, 11:50 AM   #14  

Joyce - the video is called "Walk Away The Pounds". They come in 1 mile, 2 mile & 3 mile tapes. It was suggested to forget the 1 mile tape since you outgrow it too soon, so I bought the 2 mile tape. So I did up to the 1 mile on tape and that was enough for just starting. My goal is to be able to the whole tape. Up to the 1 mile mark it only takes 15 minutes -which is great. First day I did it before going to work, then again at night.

Also you don't need much space or equipment.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:42 PM   #15  

JOYce sorry your dh and dgd are sick! Sure hope you haven't come down with it too. Let us know how you are doing!

Bandit, way to go on the tapes; you are an inspiration!

Dh and I went to SA today, did some shopping, and went to a WW mtg. (Our leader is just fantastic!) Will probably spend tomorrow straightenng up around the house and yard.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Closed Thread