#276 Bale of Turtles Welcoming Spring!

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • I know, I know... I appear, I disappear, appear, disappear, and now... I'm reappearing... Health issues aside, I'm feeling way better and have been continuing to plug away at trying to lose weight. First goal was to lose the weight I gained during the end of January and month of February MESS, and I'm happy to say that I have lost it and have even lost 3 more (13 total since March 1).
    My mother made a comment to me yesterday that made me realize that I'm changing as a person. "It's good to see the old Kim coming back." She elaborated that she was talking about my getting out of the house more, visiting more, my sense of humor coming back, and a smile almost always on my face. I'm happier! I still have this health thing looming over my head, but I know it will never get better if I don't do something about it. I have no control over whether or not the cancer returns, but I do have control over my weight and eating habits. In a round about way, maybe I do have control over the disease. The more weight I lose, the more I decrease my risk of a return (according to my doctor and recent studies).
    Anyways, I'm getting boring, sorry
    If you will accept me, I would love to rejoin your thread!
    Happy Easter!
  • Kim- It is good to see you. Your doing a great job on losing the weight and glad to hear you have found some happiness.

I am down -2.8 this week. Still dealing with stomach issues and still not sure if it is my gallbladder. I have been going through several tests trying to figure things out. The kids are all healthy right now so that is a positive and also I have finally made it to Onderland. I am down to 198.4.

Hello to Judy, Princess, Bandit, Terri, Life4evr, and Jar. Hope i didnt forget anyone.
  • KimL, it is soooooooooooooooooooooo good to see you back here. Of course we're thrilled to see you back and chiming in. Good luck with all you're dealing with. How nice of your mother to validate your good feelings and determination.

Cherry. welcome to onederland It's a lovely place to be.
    You rock! Look at your total weight loss. Holy Moly!!

Good to see you chiming in. Hope today was a lovely day for all.

Tomorrow I'll eat better, but today I enjoyed the food and the family. It was one of the best holidays in a long time.
    Judy
  • Morning turtles - hope you all had a great Easter weekend, now time
    for us all to get back on track.

Princess - congrats on your weight loss, super duper!

Judy - sounds like you did well with a chinese buffet challenge. Love chinese.

My trailer park officially opens May 24th weekend, but we can start going up beginning of May - before that it is too cool & wet. So another month before that all starts up.

Had a nice weekend - golf club dinner Fri (I had fish) and went to cousins yesterday for turkey/ham dinner. Stayed away from chocolate but did have dessert.

So time to get back to my normal schedule.

All - have a great week.
  • Princess - forgot to mention, I just started reading Whispers by Belva Plain
  • Bandit, it does my heart good to see you at 179#. You and I have been planning and struggling to get to that number for a long time. for you and your :
    I'm taking all the tips I'm hearing here and putting them into effect. I will get to 179# sooner rather than later!!!!!
    Best of everything from a soon to be speedy Turtle!
    Judy
    234.6/188.4/179 and onto goal.
    Princess, I too have a real reason to get to goal by November. Looks like there will be a high school reunion and I'd like to go.
  • Good morning ladies!!! Easter was great!!! I'm so proud of myself. After everyone got their baskets with all kinds of candy and were enjoying the treats, I went for a walk so they could enjoy eating and I would not be around to see them. I also make a WW cake for Easter dinner and did not tell my family it was a WW cake. They enjoyed the cake and said it was so good and ask why I was able to eat a peice, I smiled and told them it was WW. They could not believe it and my daughter, who was home from college, ask me to make it again soon. The weather in NC was beautiful and later in the afternoon I went for another walk. It was great!!!!!!!!!!
  • tinamparker~ Great idea to get out of the house while everyone was eating candy! What kind of cake was it, would you mind sharing the recipe?

Itryharder~ Thank you! I'm psyched to be back!!! I'm glad to hear you had a good holiday!

CherryAutumn~ :congrat :
    ONEDERLAND!!! WOOHOO!!!

So far, so good today. The weather is icky and rainy today, so I'm trying to figure out what to do about my lunch walk. I may go anyways, or I may just up the intensity of my workout tonight... I am trying to cut my calories today, so we'll see how that works...
  • Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all.

Lots of stress and drama yesterday, my mom feel and broke her hip so they will be doing surgery later on today. My Sister In Law is there with her and says that she has it under control so I will finish out my work week as long as thing remain ok and travel this weekend to see her but as in times past I don't want to have everyone show up at once and then her not have any visitors after that so I will try and plan accordingly... will just have to wait and see I guess.

It was a long night and I woke up with a huge headache so am not thinking clearly. I did some stress eating and also had some candy over the weekend that now I need to work on getting rid of before it settles in on my hips!

Kim: Welcome back! So glad to hear from you!

Judy: A class reunion will do it every time... lol! Good for you and we will do this together!

Cherry: Congrats! That is fabulous that you are in Onederland! Hope to be there soon myself!

Bandit: Sounds like you are busy again and starting next month you will have the lake to look forward too!

Tina: Congrats on the cake and the walks, that is fabulous!

I have to run, late already so need to get moving. Have a great day all!
  • Hey all morning! and yes back to routine.

Too much going on!!! Wow busy gals! and not enough time to respond, thinking of all of you guys! I am off to the Y.

Have a great day.
    Terri
  • Kim - Thanks for the big congrats.

Princess- I saw your ticker and you are getting so close to Onderland to. I got stuck for a few weeks at like 202-203. So I was super happy to see numbers drop again.

Bandit and Judy - We are all making the right goals to do this.

Tinamparker- sounds like you had a great weekend.

I am not able to eat all of the points I should be on WW right now. Still undergoing test to see why i hurt and feel full ALL of the time despite what i eat. I am worried if i ever do eat more even though i am technically allowed that much that the weight will come back on because my body is so confused. I am trying my best to eat healthy and looking for the triggers to abdomine pain and discomfort.
  • Terri - I forgot to say Hi to you. Hope you had a great day.
  • CherryAutumn~ I hope you feel better soon!

terrod99~ How did the Y go today?

Princess1122~ I'm so sorry about your mom How did her surgery go?

I did end up getting my lunch walk in yesterday as the weather cleared up long enough for me to get my quick 3/4 mile walk done. I only have 20 minutes, and it takes me about 14 to crank out that walk. I've been thinking about trying to lengthen my walk to 1 mile, but I need to map it out after school so I don't accidentally go over my time. Tomorrow's plan is to get my lunch walk in and then walk again when school ends. I might even get on top of things and map out a mile walk for during lunch... hmmmm
    I hate a super yummy lunch and an even better today which was exciting as neither came out of a box! I tuna salad last night with light tuna, mayo, cucumbers and dill pickles, and then wrapped them in large romaine leaves. I had them for lunch today, and will definitely be making them again!!! For dinner tonight I had two cooked portobello mushrooms that I put pesto and low fat cheese in and then put on top of some Smart Taste pasta with 1/2 cup tomato sauce... comes out to about 430 calories, but is DEFINITELY worth it!
    K, I'm rambling! Have a good night everyone!
  • Good morning, happy Wednesday.

My moms surgery went well and the doctor says that if my mom puts a lot of effort into it she will be up and moving again - we will see how all of that works out, I guess at this point the rest is up to her.

I need to get moving, I am running late today.

Have a good day all!
  • Princess bestwishes to you and to your mom for a speedy recovery.

Kim doing my best to get in the exercise have been doing a quick walk at lunch also! If we keep at it we will see results!!!

Cherry you are doing so great!!! We are all so proud!

Bandit I can't wait to get to the lake!!!Soon!

Judy Hope you are well? Check in when you can.

Tina let us know the cake recipe, always lokking for something new.

Off to the Y have a great day.
    Terri