3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

#276 Bale of Turtles Welcoming Spring!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #16
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi turtles,
Bandit, always good to hear that you've tackled the weekend eating. That is your biggest challenge, right? Walking 3 miles for 3 days is great. Keep up the good work! You are right there and ready to break into another decade.
You can do this!

Princess, sorry about the number on the scale, but I am so encouraged that you know why this happened. Yep, I've always found that exercising really hard is so inflammatory and retains water in the muscles which interprets as an artificial weight gain. You're so smart to be able to put that into your thinking because even when you know why it happens, it's hard to reckon with. : and for all you're doing. You are so close to onederland. It's a great goal!

Cherry, sorry about the household sickness and your gall bladder attack.
You are doing fantastically well. for your effort to hit onederland very soon. I remember how tough it was and now you're just doing great! My dh had his gallbladder removed when he was thirty, but that was so long ago any info I'd have is very outdated. Good luck with your doctor and the kids and all you're dealing with!

Terri, glad you're going to the gym. It's a great mood booster and incentive to match up the effort with good eating. Weigh to go!

All the newcomers, jump right in with whatever you're doing. We'd love to know more about you and your efforts. Tell us what's working for you.

Yesterday was good. I had a Diet Coke at the circus while the rest of my family had all sort of goodies. Then when I got hungry, I ate the yogurt I had tucked in my bag. It worked. Got home, threw a dinner in the microwave, and ate since I was sooooooooooooooo hungry. Then cooked up some veggies for later and that helped.
Okay----going to book club today plus I want to do some housekeeping.
Have a great day!
Judy
234.6/187.4/179 and thinner just a thought----At the beginning of this week I was up 5#. It came on so fast. I had been closing in on 179# and then I blew it again. So, I'll tackle this and make it work. Good luck to us all. We're fighting a brave fight!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #17

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone popping back up again. The weight loss efforts have stalled. I haven/t gained anymore weight. Classes are going well. Thats it will try to pop in again later. Have a goodnight.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #18

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday... so sleepy this morning - I hit the snooze button too many time so need to hurry thru this and get ready for the day.

Judy: You can do it, I know it gets tough and we have set backs but I have faith that you will be well into the 170's soon.

Terri: I need to get to the gym early I think, I am not doing as well as I could be by putting it till later in the day, many days I just don't get to it because I have been so busy with everything else.

Life: no gain is good, just hope back on the wagon when you can!

Cherry: Hope you and the family feel better

Bandit: How are you doing so far this week? Sounds like you are gearing up to be busy this summer - which is a good thing, busy keeps us out of trouble

Need to run - have a great great day all!

Impossible is nothing!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #19
Chick

Always good to hear from the Turtles.
Life, yep----hop back OP anytime. It's so great to feel yourself losing weight. I am so thrilled for you that your classes are going well. Yay.

Terri, keep up the

Bandit, I'm looking for new recipes, but so far nothing. I can't wait to see you break into the 170's! :

Princess, you really are busy, but you're also so productive. :
to get everything important done.

My eating has improved. Exercise, not so much. Allowing excuses to creep in. Taking each day as it comes! Going out to dinner tonight. Don't like doing that right before WI day, but that's the breaks. Can't be helped.
Seafood place, so the choices should be good.

Take care everybody!
Judy
234.6/187.4/179 and thinner to goal in 2012
Old 03-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #20

Good morning, just a quick hello, really overslept this morning so I need to get a move on it.

I worked from like 7:00am till 5:30 then home, quick supper and walk with DH then back on the computer and worked till 10:00 PM - very tired so I must get to bed early tonight, if I get over tired I over eat and don't lose!

Have a great day all!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #21

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Goodmoring all! Happy Hump Day!

Y 2 mornings this week, eating is so so as usual for me!

Judy it is a fight we are going to have for the rest of our lives!!! You are so right! You will get to 179!!! Keep at it!
Princess If I don't go to the gym in the moring forget it! For me it is the only time that works. I have come to accept that. So I go with it!!!!!

Bandit/Life/Cherry you gals keep at it too!!!

Have a great day

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #22
Chick

Thank Terri,
Nice to have support from all the Turtles,
WI this morning, so I'll be back later.

Princess, hope you get some sleep soon!
Terri, for getting to the gym.
Judy
234.6/187.6/179 and lower
Old 03-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #23

S/C/G: 220/207.75/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles

Just chugging along, focusing on staying on track & getting in my walks.
So doing good this week

Judy - Good luck at your weigh in!

Princess - busy, busy Hope you get paid for all the hours you put in.
Sounds like super long days, and that can be overwhelming, so make some
time to prepare things for yourself so you can stay on track.

Terri - Nice job on getting to the gym in the a.m. Funny thing - it never crossed my mind to go to my walking centre BEFORE work & I checked the schedule and the place opens at 6 a.m. so I could walk then & the pool area opens at 7 which would give me enough time to get ready there for work.
Nice thought - I might try that 1 day next week for a test run.

All - hope you have success at the scales this week!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #24
Chick

love how we learn from each other.
Dinner out last night boosted salt and fluid retention. I know because my ring isn't slipping around my finger. Up 0.2# after I really lost 2# this week.
Ugh. Gotta make sure I don't overeat over this. I KNOW what to do. The trick is to do it.
You are the greatest!
Judy
234.6/187.6/179 and thinner
Old 03-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #25

Good morning all and happy Thursday! I got to sleep in an extra hour today since I am going to work from home today and tomorrow. Works out well for me right now, I get an extra hour sleep and I actually can sit down to work earlier and get more done.

Have TOPS tonight and we have the new installation of officers which means I am done with being the club secretary... I am very happy about that! I did not mind but am just overloaded and trying to get rid of things to lighten my load.

Bandit: oh yeah, I am still taking the time to make my lunch, pack my snack and fill my water bottles, that is why I get up so early LOL. I am thinking the gym early in the day might just be the ticket for me too. Got my grass mowed last night... ugh, it is just non-stop growing right now, even once a week is not enough.

Judy: You will do this, don't beat yourself up and instead of over-eating go and do some knitting, sewing, or work in your garden. You are doing so great and will be out of this in no time!

Terri: Sounds like you are doing good though with the exercise so maybe just start to journal your food and that might trigger something with the eating? Not sure but I know when I write things down it helps me to keep my eating down to a reasonable level.

Life: Hope you are doing well and things are progressing with your school!

Cherry: Hope you and the family are doing well and getting healthy now that the nice weather is here... maybe less colds and flus'!

Jar: How are you doing lately?

Taylor: Hope you are continueing to heal and improve!

I have to run, take care everyone!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #26
Chick

Hi Gals,
Princess, thanks for thinking of us all. My WI went the wrong way, but I feel I'm on track and I'll get in the swing soon.
: and to us all.
We're closing in on the weekend and it should be a good one.
Judy
234.6/187.6/179 and thinner into goal
Old 03-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #27

S/C/G: 220/207.75/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone

Judy - you will knock that gain off in no time, good luck this week

Princess - glad to hear you are doing things for yourself and planning ahead,
it all helps out for sure.

I was down 1# at Tops tonight, and was super excited to see the 170's -
been a long time for that. I did have extras last weekend, but also walked
lots which I think really helped.
As Judy said, we all know what we have to do we just have to put our minds to it and follow through. But some weeks that is easier said than done.

There will always be challenges for each of us and we can only do our best

My goal this week is to have more control on my weekend eating - if I can do that I will be happy

All - lets have a great week!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #28

Good morning everyone and happy Friday.... yah! I am so stinking happy it is here, what a week this has been. I have a huge presentation that I need to make this morning at an 8:00 meeting and am so nervous. I don't do well speaking in public, the only good thing is that at least this is a conference call so I don't have to look at anyone.

Went to TOPS last night, was down 1.8 pounds so was happy about that, I have my official W/I tomorrow morning at WW so we will see how it goes.

Bandit: I have had a hard time on weekends also so last weekend made a real effort to control my food, I did not get in a lot of exercise but I did control my eating so we will see how that works out. Great job on the loss and the 170's!

Judy: I feel your pain and I hear what you are saying, just hang in there, take a walk to two and make sure you are writing down your food... the rest will fall into place and you will be well into the next decade before you know it!

I have to run, have a great day!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #29

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Bandit, Judy and Princess!!! You gals Rock!!! You are all doing so great!! You all are my inspiration!!!!!!!!!

Life glad classes are going well, pop in when you can!!!

I made it to the Y 3x this week, work has been good no big lunches or junk food hanging around.

We all have our challenges thats for sure and we are slowly (just like turtles!) figuring them out!! We are a great group!!! Lets keep at it gals!
Together we are doing this!!!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #30
Chick

Bandit!!!!!! You did it! You broke into the new decade. WEigh to go! You rock. : I am so happy for you. Hey, I want to be there too. You make me think I can do it.

Princess, well the conference call presentation is over by now. I hope it went very well. You had a great WI too! Weigh to go. : I was thinking of you because you were disappointed last week but you knew that if you kept with it, you'd lose weight. Guess what? It worked!!!!!
Weigh to go again! Let's make this weekend a good one.

Terri, hey----doing all that you'll lose more weight and feel better about yourself. You're doing it. Admire the and now with good food you'll see the weight loss you want.

Count me in on this roll, too, gals. I can lose weight . i have lost weight. I can do this! Thanks for all the tips.

Hey Bandit, I had a thought because you are always looking for new recipes. Do you get e-mails from Lisa Lillien, the Hungry Girl? She does all sorts of amazing things to keep recipes filling and low calorie. She is approved by Weight Watchers. Just thought you'd like to know.

Son is coming to visit with his family today, leaving on Sunday. It's his birthday. I've got tentative plans for their food (rest of family coming in to celebrate on Sat.) and my food. I can do this. If I get emotional, nervous or uneasy, I'm going to take a deep breath and have a cup of tea. I may even drag out my crochetting if I need to. Sounds like a plan. I do not want to throw away this weekend. I want to lose weight.

Newbies, chime in when you can. We'd like to see how you are doing.
Jar, how are you? Love your crochet items.
Taylors, continued healing. I bet you're running on that treadmill in the barn now.
Cherry, keep well and love to dh and the kids
Life4, keep up with the good schoolwork and exams and your job. Get yourself on the list for good food when you can. We know how important that is to you too.
Everybody: thanks for chiming in and offering support and a place to vent.
We can do this. Onward and downward!!!!
Judy
234.6/187.6ugh/179 and thinner to goal in 2012
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.