Old 03-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #46  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,
Bandit, weigh to go !!!!! Actually losing weight on vacation is fabulous!
: and and Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration to exercise and good eating. Yay!

Princess, you are so close to a breakthrough point. You're doing great! What a wonderful weight loss. Onward and downward is what I say!
:

I had a great weekend, but now I need to concentrate on food more keenly.
I haven't stepped on the scale because I know it won't be good. So much going on this week. I need to prioritize and see if I can concentrate on only doing things I need to do or want to do. That's a good place to start.

: to all of us. We can do this!
Son and grandchildren were here from Friday thru Sunday. House is quiet now and that's a good thing. Big party here yesterday and it was fun.

Talk soon!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:57 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Monday! Ugh, so tired this morning, I stayed up later than usual to finish a knitting project and am paying for it now.

I need to get moving so will check in again later on but wanted to wish everyone a great day!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:51 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Happy Monday And back to routine!!

I am up and off to the Y before work.

Welcome to Donna!!!!

Princess and Bandit! you guys are doing a great job!!! Keep on loosin!
Judy Hope you had a nice family weekend!! and lost too!

Terri Back at it!~
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Good Morning everyone.. it's been a long time but here I am.. I've had my surgery and am into week 4 of recovery.. slow and steady this isn't a race is what the nurses all kept repeating and boy did they mean it.. healing is progressing smoothly but I do tire easy...3 more weeks then I head back to work at a light load to gradually bring me back up to speed.... weight wise I have gone up but not as bad as I thought when I got onto the scale today.. it was the first time I had the nerve to look .. I've tried to manage the food intake but not always successful either.. on the up note I have managed to walk some and even though it's slow it's movement.. today I tested the treadmill out and 20 minutes was my cut off time.. I consider this a huge accomplishment and will now wait to see if there is any discouraging results from it.. if not wahoo one more step forward..

I hope to read thru the blogs to catch up and check in more often ... trying to bring normal back into my life..

Wishing everyone an awesome day and hoping you are all experiencing this gorgeous weather!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #50  

Princess- looks like you are doing great with weight loss.
Taylor- Glad to hear you are doing well on your road to recovery.
Donna- I know how hectic it can be with little ones.
Judy- You can do this!
Also a hello to Bandit, Terri, Jars, and life4evr

On Sat. for weigh in I was down -2.6 pounds. My weight is going back up thanks to that TOM. Blah. Probably wont see a drop for almost 2 weeks now. First of four dentist appointments is on Wednesday. Then I will probably get an appointment for my Gallbadder.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #51  
Chick

Cherry, you are sooooooooooooooo close to breaking 200#. You're doing great, especially with all you're dealing with.

Taylors, so glad to see you back here. I was wondering about your surgery, so glad you're on the mend.

Terri, I like your spirit and exercise.

For me, dh and I have been too busy lately and we're re-evaluating all the things we do. Making pretty big decisions about how to use our energy to get the most enjoyment from our efforts. I know we're lucky, but I am really tired today and it's important to get my weight loss priority back in line. Thanks to all of you for the good wishes. WE can do this
Judy
Old 03-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #52  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Another busy day here but I did manage to get out for a quick walk with the dogs yesterday and am hoping to get to the gym after work today but I have a couple of late meetings so now sure when I will get there.

Food is pretty good so far this week although I did find that with the hiking on Saturday and cycle class on Sunday I was super hungry and went into my weekly extra points.

Judy: Totally understand and agree that we need to spend our time wisely which is something I am trying to do also, the end of the month is my last as being the club secretary for TOPS and I am trying to trim down other obligations.

Bandit: Have you been going to your walking track this week?

Cherry: Great job on the loss! You are doing so great!

Donna: How is this week going for you so far?

Taylor: Great to see you back and I bet you are eager to get going again but like you said a step at a time and soon your energy will come back and you will be running again! Best wishes for continued success.

Life: How are you doing this week?

Terri: What is new with you lately?

So just a general question to everyone but has anyone read any good books lately or is anyone getting a summer reading list together and if so what is on it? I need to some ideas to stock up my Nook reader

Have a great day all!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Goodmorning All!

Have to leave early today for work, we are going to a meeting out of town for the day, so no Y this morning.

Cherry the next few weeks and you will be in onederland!!! You are doing so great!!!!
Princess not much happening up here!! Lots of sunshine and warm temperatures. I am reading The Help. I am thinking about summer but havent planned that far ahead yet!
Taylor speedy recovery!!
Judy Its good to recognise that you are overextended!!! I see a gal at work that is soon going to "crack" because she has taken on too much and will not deligate.
Bandit -I'm loving the sunshine but it can't last can it? What is spring and summer going to bring us???
Life/Donna check in when you can!!

Keepin at it gals!!!
Hoping tonight I have enough energy left to go for a walk!!
Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #54  
Chick

Hi and good morning to all the Turtles.

Have you read Major Pettigrew's Last Stand?
Glass Castles
State of Wonder by Anne Patchett
One of my favorite books this year is What Alice Forgot
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbach is a rough book, but several in my book club liked it.

Well, there are some books. I'm going to weigh myself today and then see what I can do to hear the "click" that will get me going again with my weight loss. Good thing is we got out to walk yesterday.

Best to all of us:
Judy
Old 03-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Cherry - you are doing fabulous!

Princess - yes, I am back at my indoor track for walking & when I go I walk 3 miles. Yesterday I walked 2 miles at lunch & then at the centre so 5 miles.
I feel walking has really helped me lately with staying on track.

Terri - our weather has been crazy and am hoping that since we really didn't have winter that summer won't be skipped as well. Really hoping we don't get months on rain/cool weather. Almost trailer season & hoping for lots of nice weather.

Judy - You always have so much going on, and it must be hard to focus on yourself with all that.

Taylor - hope you are recovering well and getting back to your rountine best you can.

Overdid the weekend so need to really stay on track

All - good luck at the scales.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 340 HW/331.2 SW/331.2 CW/314.2

Height: 6'1"

Hi there, just getting started...I'm excited to be doing this! First weigh-in was today and I'll be weighing in on Tuesdays.
redfish53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Good evening everyone and HAPPY SPRING... Welcome redfish!!

I know that I won't remember who to reply to but will say thank you to everyone for their well wishes.. tomorrow is my follow-up with the surgeon and I am praying he says I am good to drive.. I walked on my treadmill again today since yesterday showed no repercussions and went a little longer and a little farther.. I was doing a mild low version of the happy dance when I finished...

so glad to see everyone is doing so well and focusing on keeping OP (on plan) as best as possible.. I did okay yesterday and today but still have a few bumps when evening comes.. so tonight I have my water by my side and if a craving starts it will be water water water.. one step at a time right!!

Since the surgery I've been able to read a bit more.. I too read The Help and We bought a Zoo.. I'm just beginning Betty White's If You Ask Me ( and of course you won't) and it seems pretty good.. I like Robyn Carrs "The Virgin River Series" ( some might call that a fluff read but I like many styles).. I'm still wanting to read Jennifer Hudson's book as well...

Have a great evening!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:08 AM   #58  

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Things are chugging along so far this week but the scale is not moving really, as a matter of fact it is up since my cycle class on Sunday but that is pretty normal.

DH and I have been walking in the evening but only for about a mile - DH was sick last week so this week is more of getting back into the swing of things for him so we are just going slow.

Redfish: Welcome, we are thrilled to have you with us, there is a lot of good advice here with this group.

Taylor: Good luck at the doctor today, I know you are ready to get back to your normal daily routine so best wishes!

Bandit: You are doing so good and I agree about the walking, if I don't move I don't lose!

Judy: Hope you are doing ok and taking care of your self - my new thing is not get so overwhelmed like I can do at the drop of a hat but I bring it on myself so am trying to improve on that.

Cherry: Hope you are doing ok and having a great week!

Life: How are things with you?

Terri: Hope your travel went well yesterday!

I have read The Help, loved it! I need to get my list together, not that I have time but would like to get some on my Nook so that I am ready if I and when I get some time.

The company that I am at right now is talking about hiring me on perm so that will be a good thing to finally land a perm job. I don't mind contracting but with the current job market I would like to have a perm position rather than have the down time in between contract.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #59  
Chick

Hi Gals, I'm going to start a new thread since we've gotten so long.
Very busy here and that's what I'm working on. Being quite too busy allowed me to get distracted away from the most important thing which is staying OP and getting in Thanks for your input, Turtles.

to Redfish 53!!!!! Post and let us know how you're doing . this is a great group and we all pull for each other.

See you all at #276 Bale of Turtles Welcoming Spring!