Thursday Chatters in love with Life--February

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Hi,
    Pat feels a little better today. We find out the MRI results tomorrow!

Love ya!!
  • Afternoon all,

Maureen, I hope you can sell that condo very soon.

Susan, please let us know about the MRI. Poor Pat!

Janelle, you poor thing! What a month you are having. That's what we're here for---to vent and get encouragement.
    You are doing great with your maintainence. I hope your husband is better and your dog gets a good outcome on the testing.

Jeanne, come up for air.

Tammy, have a safe trip home.

I've had a crummy virus all week--from Larry.
    I want to walk but haven't felt up to it yet. My physical is on Monday. I hope I pass. he..he..

• Tina, hope you are feeling better.

I have been doing tai chi a couple days a week for a few weeks now. Still trying to decide if I like it. They just started zumba this week, and I went today. I've missed it! I am sore tonight though. It has been a while since I have done it.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Morning ladies! Wowsie! What a weekend we had! We were very busy. We celebrated Valentines Day & our Anniversary. We went to the Zoo, PPG AQuarium, Phipps Conservatory then shopping ALL FRIDAY! hahah....we started around 9:00 a.m. and got home at 9:00 p.m. Then last night we met my brother and his friend at an Italian Restaurant in Boardman Ohio (about an hour from here..) We had a great time! Today....heading out for our walk and then laundry and crocheting is going to take up my afternoon. Bob goes back to work today after a 10 day vacation! I think I'm going to miss him~ lol!
    Jessica & Kaitlin are good. Kaitlin & her boyfriend went away for the weekend! They went up to the lake! She keeps sending pictures.....Jessica is jealous because we all did something except her. lol! Kids are so funny! Even grown ones!
    Well gotta scoot! I need another cup of coffee!
    Have a great day everyone!
    Susan - continued prayers for Pat!

jeanne
  • Happy Presidents Day!!!
  • Evening ladies. Things around here could be a bit better. I'm haven't been OP for quite a while now and the whole time I've been making excuses. I'm having a flare up of my skin condition (Dariers Disease). The medicine the dr has given me basically burns the bad skin off and a new layer of skin is formed. It takes about 6 weeks for the whole process and right now I'm in the middle of week 2. The area is super red, itchy, dry, and painful to say the least. I haven't been able to do Zumba since the beginning of January because sweat makes the Dariers worse. Hum bug.

Tomorrow I'm getting back on OP and staying. I know that it works when I'm following it, journaling and exercising. So I'll be able to do everything except the exercising. Here's to a new beginning.
  • Hi All,

We had a staff development today. I tried to post earlier but the server was super slow at school. I was bored during my workshop.

Everyone has been so busy!

Pat went to work for the first time today since the accident. He came home by 3:00 with a killer headache. Actually, his head has hurt since the accident but then again, it has hurt everyday for the past 30 years! He drove himself. His dizziness is only when he goes from a sitting to laying down or from laying down to sitting up. I know it's just going to take time for it to heal. Poor guy!! However, I yesterday he started commenting on my driving so it's time he start himself! He NEVER lets me drive with the exception of hospital stays, etc... He has said "We have got to get you a car with side airbags." He is a little freaked out about it. I'm sure I'll be getting a new car in the near future! Both of ours are 12 years old.

I have decided that I need to get my ACT in GEAR!!! I want to be healthy!!!!

Jeanne, sounds like you had a great weekend. Does Bob still have legs?
  • Hi all,
    Dori, you poor thing! I am so sorry you are hurting. hang in there!

Susan, I'm so glad Pat is a little better.

Maureen, any bites on your condo?

Tammy, what are you doing on your last days of vacation?

Jeanne, take it easy.

I've got to start journaling again!!!
  • In challenging myself to journal and drink my water for the rest of the month!
  • Susan - I'm challenging myself to drink only water for a while as well as getting back on program. I have got to do this. I need to journal as well so these are the three things I'll be focusing on for the next little bit.
  • Yea! It sounds like we're trying to get back OP.

Yesterday I went to the dentist to remove an old amalgam filling and replace it, of course. I'm glad I did because there was a little decay under the old one. That would've hurt some time in the future!
    last night and today, my jaw is so sore where he shot me twice. I have what he calls a small mouth and this molar was WAY in the back.
    It may take a few days to recover.

How is everyone today???
  • Hi,

I went to the dietician yesterday. She tweaked my program a little for the next 2 weeks. Plus I said I wanted to do a race or something just I can say I accomplished something. SO....guess what, I'm doing a 5k in May! She gave me the plan for couch to 5k! She said I need to do IT!!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!!
  • Good morning everyone!

It's another beautiful, hot day in Texas. The high today is 86 (February) !
    I've worn one sweater once this winter. I really am not ready for summer's 100 degree heat yet.

Susan, that is great about your 5K. Are you walking or running? Please tell us a little about the plan. What do you do the first few weeks of training. Really, I'm interested.

I've got to go back out to the dentist today to get this filled tooth smoothed out. There are so many sharp edges that I feel like I'll ruin my inside cheek and tongue.
    Yesterday, I journaled, drank my water, exercised and stayed OP. We'll see if I can keep that up for the rest of this week.

Let us know what's going on.
  • For anyone who didn't see it on Facebook, Jeanne's grandmother died.

Jeanne, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • Sorry for your loss Jeanne-prayers going out to you and your family