3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

#273 Bale of Turtles Actually Doing This!!!!!

Old 01-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Down 2 lbs. from last Sat.!

^^ Spiney Norman!

Strength is the ability to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands
and then eat just one of those pieces.
Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.
I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

Last edited by loose seal : 01-14-2012 at 01:42 PM.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #17
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 12.31.12: 286.6/260.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

bandit2~ I like the pita idea for pizzas! I'll grab some later this week when I do my grocery shopping! We got a nice little storm yesterday, only 3-4 inches in the end with about a half inch of ice mixed in. Only -6 out right now, not including the wind... my dog gave me the funniest look when I tried to get her to go outside...

Itryharder~ The veggie-barley casserole looks tasty! What recipe do you use to make stuffed peppers? I love stuffed peppers, but have never taken the time to make them myself.

terrod99~ When I moved into my grandfather's house, I inherited his dishes which all were made in the '50s and '60s. It's entertaining to compare these plates to plates we make now-a-days as there is a HUGE difference. When I make meals for myself I try to use the smaller dishes instead, but I still have a tendency to overdo it. My food scale is now a permanent fixture on my kitchen counter to help keep me from over eating.

loose seal~ Congrats on the 2lbs.!!!

Rough week for me. I slacked on my plan for a few days, but got back with it today and was 100% OP. Amazing how much better I feel too! I wish I could hold on to this feeling whenever I want to cheat or skip a workout! I'm waiting for my blanket to dry right now which is why the late night. I'm cooking dinner for my parents tomorrow night, so I have spent a lot of time tonight trying to figure out a good meal that my dad won't complain about... he's a meat, potatoes, kind of guy. I'm thinking roasted veggies and bbq chicken. I was also going to look up the recipe for mashed cauliflower, as I remember really liking the WW recipe for it! Enjoy the rest of your weekends! Weigh in day for me tomorrow!

I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl...
**Mini Goals**SW:286.6 1/1/13
**5%(272.2) 1/20/13**10%(258)**Big #! 249**15%(243.6)**50lbs.(236.6)**20%(229.4)**25%(21 5.0)**OneDerland (199.9)**Big #! 190**100lbs.(186.6)** Big #! 179**40%(172.2)**125lbs.(161.6)**45%(157.8)**GOAL 150**
Red = Goal Reached

June Exercise Challenge: 90/1300 Minutes
One for every 5lbs.

KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #18
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Bandit for the : Weigh to go! The plan works when we work the plan.

Loose, for the : You're rocking it! WEigh to go!

Gals, we're doing great.

Kim, the barley veggie casserole was surprisingly good. As far as the stuffed peppers, I don't have a real recipe, but my best friend in WW's does this to cut back the points: no rice----then plenty of veggies----zucchini, garlic, tops of peppers, eggplant, and loads of mushrooms----saute with 1/2 the amt. of chopped meat you would usually use. She adds some tomato sauce and raisins (to sweeten it) then adds Mediteranean spices like curry and cumin and oregano to make it extra tasty. She parboils or sautes the peppers first. Sautes the chopped meat and veggies and fills the peppers, then bakes. She'll take the tiniest amt. of parmesan cheese, grated, maybe 1T. and sprinkles it over the stuffed peppers and gets the most amazing dish. I'll see if I can be more specific, but the main idea is very little meat, lots of veggies and roast the whole mix in the oven after you've sauteed the above mix.

Today I made 3 new chicken dishes. I'll let you guys know if any of them are worth repeating.
Also, yesterday my dh and family all went to NYC to see Spiderman. My older daughter and I took a photo with Spiderman and it's so funny! The show was fabulous and if there's a road tour I would heartily recommend you going. It's not MacBeth or even anything else, but there's a little plot and a lot of music and a lot of Spiderman flying around the theatre and an awful lot of fun.

Today wasn't great. We thought my dh lost his wallet yesterday. Turned up in the most unexpected place, but we had already cancelled bank and credit cards. We're delighted to have it, but it sure put a kibosh on our day. Now we've got our grandson here because his mom, our dd, is sick and we'll keep him overnight. We love having him here-----just not expected.

Okay, food, believe it or not, has been okay. Plotting it out and recording it before I eat it and checking back to see what I can have works out for me.
I'll weigh myself tomorrow to get a handle on what the weekend did, but I'm counting on it being pretty goo.

Exercise is still non-existent, but at least I got my house clean. LOL.

Gotta run. Here's good vibes to everyone.

Thanks for continuing to chime in. The Turtles are definitely making goals this year. I love the photo of that tiny turtle.
Judy
234.6/18?/179 and thinner by Valentine's Day
Old 01-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #19

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All Happy Monday!

Have a bit of a cold!! Yuk, anyway, ate really well all weekend, make a good hamburger cabbage soup yestersday so will have it for lunch this week.

Someone was saying how amazing we feel when we exercise and eat well! That is so true!! I feel so much better at the moment! Less bloated! Proud of myself!!! Pat on the back for me!!

We must keep reminding ourself that yes this is it!! It is happening now!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #20
Chick

Yay Terri!
Judy
Old 01-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #21

Most everyone is off here today for MLK day . . . cripes, weren't they just all home for over a week for Christmas break?! lol So slept in later than normal and am about to go exercise. Ate higher cals (but within my range) the past two days on purpose, then am dropping back down to the 1400 range that I normally eat in to see if that will jolt the scale more by the end of the week. Made homemade baked ziti last night . . omg, so good! Needing the treadmill today!

^^ Spiney Norman!

Strength is the ability to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands
Old 01-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #22

S/C/G: 220/207.75/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - just chugging along up here trying to staying OP and doing pretty good overall.

Terri - hope you are feeling better, I had a cold last week but didn't last long so was glad of that.

Judy - new recipes are always welcome, so hope yours was yummy!

Kim - I ended up making a tortilla pizza after reading about your cravings and it was really good.

Loose seal - congrats on your weigh loss this week!

Princess - how are you doing? Still crazy busy?

It is warming up abit next few days which is great since it was friggin freezing especially last Sat. But we have been so lucky can't complain.

I have done well this week overall with staying OP. Had few extras on weekend, but had the points for that which is nice. So far, liking the new
WW plan.

All - good luck at the scales!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #23

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone my eating has been so far today. I am going to try to incorporate exercise next week. I have two quizzes in the next two days so wish me luck. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #24
Chick

Bandit, thanks for the note of encouragement here. Somehow I thought the cold rainy weather was an invite to overeat. Made a problem with eating too little early in the day, stopped for a buttered roll on my way back from writing and never got back on track. Tomorrow's another day, but I'm tired of not losing weight again. i feel like I weigh 4000 pounds.....Well, I need better sleep and I know I'll wake up tomorrow raring to go again.

Life4evr, good luck on your tests tomorrow. We're all pulling for you. You can do this. on eating well. Always like to hear good news.
Judy
Old 01-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #25
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 12.31.12: 286.6/260.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

life4evr~ Good luck on your quizzes! What forms of exercise are you thinking?

bandit2~ Awesome job staying OP! What type of toppings do you like to put on your tortilla pizzas?

loose seal~ How did today go? What did you put in your ziti? I love pasta and am always trying to find healthy ways to incorporate it in my diet!

terrod99~ I hope you're feeling better!!!

Itryharder~ Sorry to hear about the wallet disaster! Thank you so much for the stuffed pepper ideas! Looks amazing and definitely something I will try soon! If you like any of the chicken recipes, let us know!

Alright, sooooooooo... I hit a new number Sunday!!! Not only did I see a new number, but I ALSO busted my monthly goal of 8lbs. and hit 10lbs. on Sunday! I was afraid it might be a fluke, but I then saw it again yesterday!
Then my friend got her sentence in jail, and I snacked way too much on the ride home. Thing is, when I think about it, I feel like I snacked too much, but it was nothing like it would have been one year ago. Progress has been made, but emotional eating... I gotta keep working on that!
Have a good night everyone!

I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl...
**Mini Goals**SW:286.6 1/1/13
**5%(272.2) 1/20/13**10%(258)**Big #! 249**15%(243.6)**50lbs.(236.6)**20%(229.4)**25%(21 5.0)**OneDerland (199.9)**Big #! 190**100lbs.(186.6)** Big #! 179**40%(172.2)**125lbs.(161.6)**45%(157.8)**GOAL 150**
Red = Goal Reached

June Exercise Challenge: 90/1300 Minutes
One for every 5lbs.

KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #26

S/C/G: 279/270/180

So today has been good so far. I have managed to track everything i have eaten so far. I even managed to get breakfast. Umm I feel so so about the test this morning.

Kim I am not sure what kind of exercise. I seriously don't like to exercise so that is the problem I am having.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #27

Kim -- super on the 10lbs!! How great does that feel??

I used the ziti recipe from the Mueller pasta box (looked it up online) but used Barilla pasta cause I like it better. Also used about 1/2 jar of Ragu that was open and a whole jar of Barilla Roasted Garlic sauce. Yum. I used to use Giada DeLaurentis' baked ziti and meatballs recipe but it made wayyyyyyyyy tooooooo much (like tons too much) for us and was too saucy. I try to avoid pasta cause I think it makes me bloaty. I think there's still a wee bit left and boy would I love to have that for lunch tomorrow. But the scale hasn't budged since Sat for me, despite being totally OP with food and exercise so . . we'll see.

Just plugging along here, feeling very blech today after a lousy day yesterday and this morning (not food-wise just life-wise). Really want it to be 9pm so I can just crawl under the covers.

^^ Spiney Norman!

Old 01-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #28

S/C/G: 220/207.75/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Kim - nice job on your weight loss. The tortilla pizza I made last week
had pizza sauce, green peppers, onions, turkey pepperoni, sliced grape tomatoes and mozzerella cheese. I didn't have any mushrooms or would have added those as well.

Judy - just keep at it, you are doing great. Thats the nice thing about a new day - we get to start fresh. So how did your chicken recipes turn out?

Loose seal - hope you feel more perky tomorrow.

Staying OP but not exercising this week - just too tired at days end.

Booked a trip to Florida for end of Feb, so that will be nice

OK, on BL I was surprised with who got sent home. Thought for sure it would be Nancy. Can't believe how hard they work on that ranch.

Have a good Wed evening!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #29

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All!

Still battling the cold bug!! I think I am over the hump and see the light at the end of the illness tunnel.. Needless to say I have not hit the gym, but on the other hand I haven't ate too much either! Have been trying to up the water intake.

Glad you all are keepin at it!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #30

Well one of our dvd recorders broke yesterday. It no longer reads disks. It's all of 3 years old at most. I hate that they make all this stuff just cheap p.o.s.

Better day today (although now have cramps. ugh!) but the storm that was here has passed.

Still staying OP very well and need to go eat b-fast, walk the dogs, shower and get my butt to the grocery store.

^^ Spiney Norman!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.